Thread: The British are coming...

Default The British are coming...

Hi all,

There's 3 of us heading over for our first coachella experience from Sunny England. We have a couple of seats in our car and camp available for any interested participants.

We're taking in some California sights beforehand so will be in San Fran and LA the previous weekend, so happy to pick people up...

Any advice/tips/mustdo's also much appreciated.

PM me if your interested (fb link appreciated). Mine's http://www.facebook.com/richard.wise1 and my fellow traveler's is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=514602814&ref=ts

Music wise, we're most looking forward to interpol, the national, pj harvey, animal collective, foals, etc... (not sure whether that helps)

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Rich x

Default Re: The British are coming...

Make sure to eat at In & Out burger. Order a double double animal style with animal style fries. You have to specify animal style as it is not on the menu. You will thank me later.

Also, there is an Amoeba Music in Hollywood, San Francisco and Berkley. The one in Hollywood (on Sunset) is the largest independent record store in the world and a real sight to see for a true music lover.

Drive the highway 1, pacific coast highway, also known as the PCH, from San Fran down to LA. This will maybe be your favorite part of the trip. A truly magical journey. While in SF make sure to pick up a few joints for the drive to make it that much more magical.

Coachella Advice: wear and bring sunscreen! (no shit, right?) Stay hydrated, although you're on a lush polo field, never forget you're in the middle of a desert. Instead of buying individual bottles of water ($2 each) the first day buy the refillable $10 bottle. Fill 'er up throughout the fest and you'll easily save $30 or more and you've got a nice souvenir.

Plus, the walk in and out of the fest from the parking lots can tear up your lungs if you have any type of a condition. Bring a bandana to wear over your nose/mouth until you get to the grass.

^^^^ This... and stop in a small dutch town called Solvang just north of Santa Barbara for a nice little experience. Its an odd little town. Good place to spend a couple hours. Travelling on PCH is remarkable. The coast is amazing all the way down, but it can be a slow drive. Well worth it for sure though. Just stop and see as many places as possible. Most will just be quick stops but it is some of the best scenery in the western U.S.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    ^^^^ This... and stop in a small dutch town called Solvang just north of Santa Barbara for a nice little experience. Its an odd little town. Good place to spend a couple hours. Travelling on PCH is remarkable. The coast is amazing all the way down, but it can be a slow drive. Well worth it for sure though. Just stop and see as many places as possible. Most will just be quick stops but it is some of the best scenery in the western U.S.
    That'll be a small psuedo Danish town and only stop if you are interested in wine - otherwise dont bother coming off PCH. Give yourself plenty of driving time getting out of LA on the road east to Indio.

This will be our third Coachella in a row coming across from sunny Scotland. You're gonna love it. Try and see some lower billed bands. Unlike UK festivals Coachella doesn't do shite early in the day, every band has something to prove and most have a track record.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Hello there we are a 20 year old couple, we have a car camping pass but no ride. Maybe we can work something out were actually going to be in Sacramento the 14 to see Interpol after that were going to Coachella. MY boyfriend loves Interpol so that will be a very breath taking experience. So since you guys are going to be in San Fran maybe you guys can give us a ride or something.

Me and buddy might need a ride, if you're still offering. Could help with gas and whatnot.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648659744

... will you spit or swallow?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport