Thread: F**k it why not....it would make a good story

Default F**k it why not....it would make a good story

Hello Fellow Coachella Fans

I need one or two Coachella 3-days passes and will pay $300-350 each ticket. Why should you sell it to me? Why do I deserve to go? What makes me different from everyone else who lucked out? I am not special nor am I am better or more deserving than any one else. Here is my story:

First time I went to Coachella was 2007 when Rage Against the Machine got back together. It was awesome and it was also the first time I had taken a dump in a port-a-potty. I wanted to go the previous year when Daft Punk was in the line-up but I didn't have time off. I went the following year when Prince was the headliner. I didn't go 2009 because like most Americans I was unemployed. I was able to go last year and see Gorillaz. I like to give shout out to Obama for signing my unemployment checks.

This year I am back on feet with a job and everything and I also have a girlfriend who is also down to go (this would have been her first time). I was gonna by my tickets right on payday, but they were sold out by then.

So long story short I love to go with my girlfriend this year but I am not gonna pay over face value. If I can't go to Coachella this year so be it. I got OutSide lands, Treasure Island, and Bonnaroo to look forward to.

Wanna make a deal send me a message. Local and face-to-face transactions only. Will pay cash but must show proof of tickets.

Sincerly,
    Me

Default Re: F**k it why not....it would make a good story

I don't get why people keep asking for tickets at face value. Do they not know what that means? People are not going to sell it to you for LESS than they paid, right now, three days after it sold out. If you get someone to sell it at cost, which would include all the fees they paid, then you luck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Then once you get the tickets at cost, you can invite some hot woman with a lot of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Once again I'm let down by a thread title.

Sell them to me I'm mexican!

This is actually the exact opposite of a good story.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

I don't see how the story of me selling you my ticket for barely more than I paid for it is any good.

Hey here's a good story:

I like coachella, it looks fun, sell me ur ticket

now tell me ur mind isn't blown

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    This is actually the exact opposite of a good story.
    same shit I thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Well now I'm certainly going to give up the $150 over face I would get by selling it on eBay. Your story is amazingly compelling, and certainly puts you orders of magnitude above the thousands of others who are in the same boat. You WIN sir!!! WIN!!!!!

No, seriously... that was one of the single worst sales jobs of all time. That was horrible. Not only do I not want to sell you a ticket for face, now I want to burn your house down and rape your pets.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Then once you get the tickets at cost, you can invite some hot woman with a lot of money.
    ding ding ding
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

here's a good story:

I am looking for 3 day passes at face value, and you can also get producer's credit on a music video/Indy film centered around one person's personal quest to get back to this event where he had this life-altering encounter with a girl a few years ago in this same desert - of course no names or numbers were ever exchanged, almost as if doing so would cheapen the bond the two had forged during the setlist of her favorite artist of all time, who of course is performing again this year, which is why he is making the journey yet again as she is sure to be there to see them again -

his only hope is that during this year's setlist, she does not fall under the same charm of the music and meet someone else - this won't happen, because she said as much during the last performance, but this fellow has been so down on his luck, unemployed, no car, no money, seemingly no good prospects in the immediate future, that he is unwilling to leave anything to chance, to sit idly by and wait for something to happen, that he is wiling to do anything and everything just to be with her again - he may not be able to control what may happen in his life or on his journey, but that won't stop him from making the journey in the first place and getting to the one place he feels at home -

the obstacles he faces, from finding transportation from his current residence on the shores of Maine, to finding the money to make the trip and get tickets to the festival (he is willing to use a box to rest in during his evening respite from his daily searches for her), to the mysterious and wonderful people he meets, confronts and fights along the way just so he can get to the polo grounds on time, are nothing compared to his hope that she is just as inspired to find him again too -

his exploits and experiences along the way are supported by the soundtrack he keeps in his mp3 player, his only constant companion throughout his quest, as he leans on the memories and utilizes the lessons he has learned through numerous jobs and adventures throughout north america, each location memorized with its own soundtrack, etched in his mind and remembered through his headphones -

Daft Punk was IN the line up?

Were most Americans unemployed in 2009? I wasn't. But now I'm angry that I didn't know. I would have worn my silver spoon to work every day. Every. fucking. day.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by 123[]{ View Post
    here's a good story:

I am looking for 3 day passes at face value, and you can also get producer's credit on a music video/Indy film centered around one person's personal quest to get back to this event where he had this life-altering encounter with a girl a few years ago in this same desert - of course no names or numbers were ever exchanged, almost as if doing so would cheapen the bond the two had forged during the setlist of her favorite artist of all time, who of course is performing again this year, which is why he is making the journey yet again as she is sure to be there to see them again -

his only hope is that during this year's setlist, she does not fall under the same charm of the music and meet someone else - this won't happen, because she said as much during the last performance, but this fellow has been so down on his luck, unemployed, no car, no money, seemingly no good prospects in the immediate future, that he is unwilling to leave anything to chance, to sit idly by and wait for something to happen, that he is wiling to do anything and everything just to be with her again - he may not be able to control what may happen in his life or on his journey, but that won't stop him from making the journey in the first place and getting to the one place he feels at home -

the obstacles he faces, from finding transportation from his current residence on the shores of Maine, to finding the money to make the trip and get tickets to the festival (he is willing to use a box to rest in during his evening respite from his daily searches for her), to the mysterious and wonderful people he meets, confronts and fights along the way just so he can get to the polo grounds on time, are nothing compared to his hope that she is just as inspired to find him again too -

his exploits and experiences along the way are supported by the soundtrack he keeps in his mp3 player, his only constant companion throughout his quest, as he leans on the memories and utilizes the lessons he has learned through numerous jobs and adventures throughout north america, each location memorized with its own soundtrack, etched in his mind and remembered through his headphones -
    I kinda like this story a bit better than the generic one that started the thread. If you're going to use a box to rest in at Coachella, you're going to need a camping pass for it too buddy.
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Daft Punk was IN the line up?

Were most Americans unemployed in 2009? I wasn't. But now I'm angry that I didn't know. I would have worn my silver spoon to work every day. Every. fucking. day.
    I'm usually pretty good with puzzles, but this one is fantastic!

Wink Re: F**k it why not....it would make a good story

To all the fucktards, haters, bitter old men with big mouths and tiny balls.

I have just bought two tickets to this years Coachella for $700, (that $350 per ticket). Bought off a nice couple who can't go this year. It's not a bad story but given the last couple of post I'll spare you from reading more five words at the same time.

See you guys there!

Quote Originally Posted by SageMadPanda View Post
    To all the fucktards, haters, bitter old men with big mouths and tiny balls.

I have just bought two tickets to this years Coachella for $700, (that $350 per ticket). Bought off a nice couple who can't go this year. It's not a bad story but given the last couple of post I'll spare you from reading more five words at the same time.

See you guys there!

Made my night. No irony, no sarcasm.

I believe "fucktard" could, arguably, constitute sarcasm.

And "I'll spare you from reading more [than] five words at the same time" is certainly, inarguably sarcastic.

The important thing is he got tickets. congrats SMP!