Thread: Anyone else starting to question how much Coachella is worth to them?

Lurker

Default Anyone else starting to question how much Coachella is worth to them?

I got my ticket in time, because I knew it'd sell out. Now I'm starting to question myself on if I should sell mine and just go camp with my buddies?? haha, I definitely won't sell it, but they are going for a lot of money!!

Just sayin - I could sell my ticket and spend the money on something like this adorable puppy!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Anyone else starting to question how much Coachella is worth to them?

That is an adorable puppy.

Then again, you could adopt a puppy in need and spend the money on an all-inclusive vacation in Mexico (my wife's favorite "if we don't go to the festival" spending idea).

The festival = great times, fond memories.

Default Re: Anyone else starting to question how much Coachella is worth to them?

I'm going because my G/F has never been. If it wasn't for that, they'd be up for face value on ebay in a heartbeat.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

This could be the last year before Coachella sells out in minutes or is put on a lottery system like Glastonbury. I'm not selling.

Lurker

How does the lottery system work for Glastonbury?? I guess we all just need to do layaway before the list of bands is announced next year!

Weird, I was just thinking of starting a thread like this. So, how much would you have to get to sell your ticket?

Name your price!!!

I'll start. $1200*

*this isn't an offer to sell nor a guarantee that I will sell in the event an offer is received

Lurker

I'd have to get at least 1350, approx 1000 more than what i have already invested... that seems like an offer I couldnt refuse.

I would say i would say 800. but since i got a room for two up for rent walking distance to the fest, i would say 1400. i can miss Coachella for that much, and i would still have to really think about it.

never buy a puppy. get one from the pound...wait you still buy it but yeah.

Coachella has been worth me not missing one day, or one year since the very 1st one. but with hip hop acts like k-west and Jay-z I am starting to think that Coachella is losing it's edge, and coolness. It's more like some top 40 "Wango Tango, concert now. Seriously you can hear that shit on Kiss fm all day, and that is exactly why coachella has become overrun and SOLD OUT. Last year I questioned why Jay-z was even there, But I know that Coachella has changed their target market, and believe it..you can tell
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    I'm going because my G/F has never been. If it wasn't for that, they'd be up for face value on ebay in a heartbeat.
    Selling your ticket for Face value on e-bay could easily result in a scalper buying and reslling it for huge profit.

It would be much smarter to sell it to someone on here
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    Coachella has been worth me not missing one day, or one year since the very 1st one. but with hip hop acts like k-west and Jay-z I am starting to think that Coachella is losing it's edge, and coolness. It's more like some top 40 "Wango Tango, concert now. Seriously you can hear that shit on Kiss fm all day, and that is exactly why coachella has become overrun and SOLD OUT. Last year I questioned why Jay-z was even there, But I know that Coachella has changed their target market, and believe it..you can tell
    Wow I so agree with you the only reason why last year sold out was becuase the random Jay - Z fans I left when he started cause it sounded like crap, and know Kanye West??!! What happened to great headliners like Paul McCartney or Roger Walters? I think I'm just going to start checking out other festivals as I am not paying more than face value for a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    Selling your ticket for Face value on e-bay could easily result in a scalper buying and reslling it for huge profit.

i'm pretty sure if it was listed at face value it would probably sell for significantly more

I thought ppl got banned for selling over face value? Anyway its my first coachella so I hope what you're saying isnt so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    What is lulz?? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The 28th is the middle of March?? Holy CRAP its 56 days long!??!?! June just got OWN'D!

Quote Originally Posted by nirea1982 View Post
    Wow I so agree with you the only reason why last year sold out was becuase the random Jay - Z fans I left when he started cause it sounded like crap, and know Kanye West??!! What happened to great headliners like Paul McCartney or Roger Walters? I think I'm just going to start checking out other festivals as I am not paying more than face value for a ticket
    I am still pissed about Jack Johnson
    Coachella 07 09 Layaway 11

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    This could be the last year before Coachella sells out in minutes or is put on a lottery system like Glastonbury. I'm not selling.
    this is the main reason I am not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post

he has to say "face value" on this board.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by loubque View Post
    never buy a puppy. get one from the pound...wait you still buy it but yeah.
    Thats of course what I would have been doing.

Yea I didn't get a ticket and I'm wondering what Coachella is worth to me. If I don't end up going I'll probably be getting a gaming laptop instead and come weekend of Coachella take my motor home and either rage with friends in the desert or a forest.

However if I find a ticket below $400 I might still be looking on going...
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

So wait, you're saying Coachella changed their target market because they had a hip hop artist headline a historically hip hop, electronic, and indie rock festival?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Yes, I have definitely thought about it. I was devastated when I first found out I'd missed out on tickets. But then I thought about it. I have been to Coachella 5 times (2004-2008) and was in Japan the last 2 years. I was bummed those two years, and watched the webcasts. This was supposed to be my big year back. Have the hotel and everything. At first I thought it was worth $1,600 or more (if I were to buy scalped tickets now). But then I realized that all the obsessing I did turned Coachella into something it couldn't actually live up to, so I'm retiring, at least for this year. I never should've turned Coachella into the end-all be-all in my mind, spent months obsessing over the line up, and checking every day to see when tickets were on sale. In the end real life got in the way of me getting tickets, and that is something I've come to terms with.

I partially agree with you, coachella has become mainstream. but lets face it youre probably one of the idiots who saw deadmau5 instead of hovas EPIC performance psh

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    So wait, you're saying Coachella changed their target market because they had a hip hop artist headline a historically hip hop, electronic, and indie rock festival?
    This. Paul McCartney and "Roger Walters" are the true odd ones out in the history of the festival. I'm getting tired of people talking about "Coachella breaking away from its roots/tradition, man...", while using two artists who broke this "tradition" for examples. And look at headliners in the past, please. There has always been at least one "mainstream" headliner.

1999: Rage Against the Machine
    2001: Jane's Addiction
    2002: Oasis
    2003: Red Hot Chili Peppers (!)
    2004: Radiohead (Who, while amazing, are still mainstream)
    2005: Coldplay (!!!)
    2006: Tool
    2007: Rage Against the Machine/Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2008: Jack Johnson
    2009: The Killers
    2010: Jay Z

If you want to argue that the festival itself is "mainstream" now, then whatever. A lot more people are going to it to simply go than ever before, I'll give you that. However, I simply see the headliners of this year as neither the driving force behind this change nor a response to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman4321 View Post
    This. Paul McCartney and "Roger Walters" are the true odd ones out in the history of the festival. I'm getting tired of people talking about "Coachella breaking away from its roots/tradition, man...", while using two artists who broke this "tradition" for examples. And look at headliners in the past, please. There has always been at least one "mainstream" headliner.

1999: Rage Against the Machine
    2001: Jane's Addiction
    2002: Oasis
    2003: Red Hot Chili Peppers (!)
    2004: Radiohead (Who, while amazing, are still mainstream)
    2005: Coldplay (!!!)
    2006: Tool
    2007: Rage Against the Machine/Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2008: Jack Johnson
    2009: The Killers
    2010: Jay Z

If you want to argue that the festival itself is "mainstream" now, then whatever. A lot more people are going to it to simply go than ever before, I'll give you that. However, I simply see the headliners of this year as neither the driving force behind this change nor a response to it.
    Don't forget about acts like Madonna, Prince, Bjork and Muse that have enjoyed s high level of mainstream success at some point in their careers.

This argument is fucking tiring people. Coachella is no more mainstream now than it was in 1999. My first one was in 2001 and it has Jane's Addiction and Weezer. Those two acts are both mainstream.

It's like you idiots associate Kanye and Jay-Z with the Britney Spears' of the world. Jay-Z is a self-made billionaire who - with the exception of MAYBE Eminem - is the most popular and successful hip hop artist post Biggie/2Pac. Jay-Z does a lot of crossover work to and has artists like Luke Steele on his album. He is big into the indie rock scene and is one of the few mainstream artists that gets love from the underground world from time to time.

Kanye came up making his own beatrs just so he could rap. No one wanted him to rhyme, they just wanted his beats. But he kept pushing to rap and working towards where he is at. And please don't tell me he sucks at rhyming. I could post tons of underground work and freestyles but, this right here -

If you don't like him then fine, but he's certainly the most established and successful headliner on this year's festival bar none.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

The Coachella experience is priceless to me. It's about the music, the hot Californian sun, the good times, the memories. It's my favorite weekend of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolswaglol View Post
    I don't see people on the map. somebody please help. does this mean coachella is canceled?
    Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    I'm fairly convinced you can take over the world with zip ties and duct tape.
    Coachella lifer since 2007