Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lollapalooza Chile 2011

Default Re: Lollapalooza Chile 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    What happened to the Madonna/Cure rumours?
    OMG I will die if those two play Chicago Lolla.

I mean, ill die AFTER I attend the festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

The Killers and YYY's???

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Bands that people in Chile listen to???
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

old school

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    No, a few weeks ago there were pictures of Madonna and Robert Smith on the mainpage...
    Went it first went up they had pix of Madge, Zach/Rage, Smith/Cure and Cornell/Soundgarden. After Robert Smith tweeted a denial a couple weeks ago he was replaced with Snoop.

The guy from LCD Soundsystem also made an indirect tweet insinuating that they would appear. Something like "see you April 2nd".

Also interesting is this isn't even the best show in South America that weekend. One country over has U2/Muse.

LCD is playing in Chile in late feb/early march.

I'm pretty sure that April 2nd thing is referring to a SNL appearance, although I guess we can't be sure until they announce something.

Holy crap, I just might be able to swing both fests! Just did taxes and about to collect money from an old loan I gave away last year. Now I just have to find a cheap flight and renew my Chilean passport! I hope I hope I hope!

I'm Chilean, so this is pretty big for them. I might be a Coachella lifer, but c'mon.. this is partying with my homies and actually riding my old bike to the venue and hanging with auntie before the show. Sweet. She'll probably make me some nice pot brownies to eat.

In all seriousness, I don't know how I missed this thread, or even Lollapalooza Chile altogether. I guess I had tunnel vision! But to whoever said that 'that's what they listen to down there' um, Chileans are VERY musically inclined. Most of the bands that play at Coachella, and I mean even down to the 5th and 6th liners, they already play on the radios and clandestine clubs. I had a radio program there, and I had requests for all kinds of great music even I hadn't heard of that I really wish Coachella would pick up on.
    Speaking of which, I highly suggest Radio Horizonte, at www.horizonte.cl THE BEST RADIO ever.

Not to mention that the trip to Chile plus VIP tickets is still about half as much of what I'll spend Coachella week what with camping gear and everything. Nutty.
    Anyone want to come? I'll show you around!

ILL be there and coachella as well, would be sweet to meet up!

cant wait im doing Chile going to Lolla then heading north to Peru to hike Machu Piccu the back home and going to Coachie the next day!

should be the sweetest 3 weeks of my life!
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Found.

Uh, yeah, sounds like the best 3 weeks of life for sure! awesome!! If I end up doing it, I'll be on somewhat the same schedule. Lolla, hang with the homies, hang in the wild, then back home to pack for Coachella. How crazy are we?

After I shake this horrible very bad luck off, maybe life will be good to me again and make everything fall into place.

IF everything falls into place, I will indeed show you around. Santiago is a trip!
    some pointers:
    Get a head start by listening to www.horizonte.cl , or www.rockandpop.cl
    learn the metric system.
    practice some spanish.
    note: chileans no longer speak spanish. It's a butchered dialect of castillian derivative. A mish mash by-product full of slang and lazy grammar.
    take layers. It'll be autumn.
    do not by any means dress like a tourist. no khaki pants, no weird hat. You're just asking to get ripped off. wear chucks, you'll blend right in.
    I hope you like coca-cola.
    read the labels.
    don't eat the meat on the street.
    when people say the next street, they mean the next light.
    A smile and good manners go a long long way.
    Chileans generally hate yankees, and prefer the British. Save yourself the trouble and practice a British accent. It comes in handy.
    Most chileans speak English, or at least understand it.
    It's totally ok to bargain and negotiate, except to a cop.
    NEVER EVER EVER EVEREVEREVER EVER talk to the gypsies. Seriously. Don't do it. if you even suspect you see one in your path, cross the street.
    Food, transportation, and hospitality is cheap. Technology, phone calls, gas, import liquor, fresh juice, and real milk products are up the wazoo. name your priorities and say them out loud when indulging yourself.
    You could probably make up your whole trip by selling a couple of ipads or a game console. The black market is a monster force down there. Feels like the trading street at a rainbow gathering.

Ok that's it for now.

i'm curious about the Gypsies now lol

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

pff. Man, they are brutal. I once got punched by one after I kept telling her I don't have cigarettes. She ran after me, took my palm and spat on it after saying some mumbo jumbo curse.
    Another time, this pregnant lady and her kid was asking me where the hospital was, if I could hail her a cab, that she was having contractions. Then she took me by the neck of my shirt and her kid felt me up for money. I had to actually kick the kid to let loose. She said probably the nastiest things I've ever heard come out of a woman's mouth. Disturbed me for years.

I once saw a gypsy family boobie trap a section of a side walk. Made someone fall, help them up while pick pocketing them. From a distance it was super stealth. I was above a couple floors watching them. They are mean, mean people.

Seriously. DON'T TALK TO GYPSIES.

I've been to Chile and dude speaks truth. In Santiago, if you are walking down the street be sure to keep your wallet somewhere safe (aka not your back pocket) and hold on tight to whatever you may be holding. I too have seen plenty of elaborate tricks / booby traps to distract people in order to pickpocket them.

Besides the pickpocketing, Santiago is an awesome city and the people of Chile are incredible.

I want to hear more about the gypsies.

I need to change my pic. I thought maybe the boob shot would clearly indicate that I am a girl. Everyone on this board keep saying 'dude' 'man' and 'bro' to my posts. hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    I've been to Chile and dude speaks truth. In Santiago, if you are walking down the street be sure to keep your wallet somewhere safe (aka not your back pocket) and hold on tight to whatever you may be holding. I too have seen plenty of elaborate tricks / booby traps to distract people in order to pickpocket them.

Besides the pickpocketing, Santiago is an awesome city and the people of Chile are incredible.
    My dads cell phone was robbed off the side of his belt, as the dude ran, jumped head 1st into the rear passenger window of a taxi waiting for this theft, as they drove away Vanishing Point style....pretty fucked up...for a phone. Although this was Lima, Peru...same almost anywhere in South America
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Although this was Lima, Peru...same almost anywhere in South America
    Don't be pompous. Are you forgetting that it's the 'same almost anywhere' PERIOD. Big cities in any part of the world has pick-pockets, dummy. Don't try and label all South Americans as less fortunate. They're smarter than you because they know entitled people are indoor kids- weak, slow, and socially annoying. It happens anywhere that a dumb shit takes their expensive toys outside, duh. There's always one in a big crowd. IT'S A CITY.

Hell, that same exact scenario happened to my sister with her phone in Phoenix, AZ by A WHITE BRO. Straight up just stole the thing right out of her purse in front of everybody.

And this thread isn't even about random sketch thieves.
    Chile just has creative, yet deceitful ones. They're schematic, not violent.
    Except GYPSIES. and they're not even Chilean!

FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

This should be called "Everything that was big in the U.S. in 2006"..
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Hey. 2006 was a great year.

If i see Gogol Bordello I better cross the street
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

So right now on the Gilt site Jetsetter they are running a promotion for Lollapalooza Chile:
    This April, when Lollapalooza heads to Chile for its first-ever event outside the U.S., donít just go ó attend as a Jetsetter VIP. Our exclusive package includes two-day VIP tickets to the festival (with unlimited access to the Lolla Lounge and reserved bathrooms), three nights at Santiagoís Le RÍve Boutique Hotel, transfers each day to the show and more. This is the Jetsetter way to do Lollapalooza: After youíve rocked out to Janeís Addiction and Kanye West from the relaxed, shaded lounge seating, youíll never want to go back to being part of the crowd.

Rates include 3 nights accommodation, 2-day VIP tickets to the festival, transfers to the festival each day, round-trip airport transfers and more
    VIP access at Lollapalooza in Santiago: reserved bathrooms, shaded seating, food, wine and beer
    Accommodations at the new Le RÍve hotel, a homey but sophisticated European-style spot six miles from O'Higgins Park
    Breakfast in Le RÍveís quiet courtyard before you head out for the dayís shows
    Complimentary WiFi

Single Occupency will run $1095
    Double Occupency will run $1350

You have to be a member to receive the deal and membership is free with invitation... If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll send you an invite to join.

old school

Any word from down under?

Rare(2011 exclusive?) shows by YYYs and killers. Preview of still to be announced acts for Lolla and ACL(?).

Closest to a preview of what Kanye will offer in the desert.

Festival setlist preview from the National.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i thought YYY's cancelled?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sůnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Yah, YYYs pulled out.

did this happen already?? what was the killers setlist?!?!?!

ah i see. pretty standard stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Any word from down under?

Rare(2011 exclusive?) shows by YYYs and killers. Preview of still to be announced acts for Lolla and ACL(?).

Closest to a preview of what Kanye will offer in the desert.

Festival setlist preview from the National.
    Kanye's set list is up on set list fm. Pretty solid, doubt he plays American Boy at Coachella though. I thought that was an odd choice for him to perform.
    The White Stripes 9/18