Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 277

Thread: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

  1. #181
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.


  2. #182
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    THIS. IS. CIABATTAAAAAAAAAAA!















  3. #183
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,594

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    YEAH!!!!!!


    FUCK YEAH!!!

    Now seriously, why does he have bread on his head?
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  4. #184
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,305

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  5. #185
    Member BKsaysAction!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nowhere, California
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    i'm guessing from those other pictures it's a way to protect his head maybe?

  6. #186

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    looks like its a makeshift helmet to me...

    please keep these LOL's rolling

  7. #187
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    After the initial shootings, it became apparent that there was a government hand in the "pro-Mubarak" camp, so they started throwing rocks instead. Most of the injuries coming in now are head injuries. Hence, Bread Hat.

    David Mitchell was talking about how much it discredits Mubarak's claim to offer at least stability - "Surely the very face of chaos is a man desperately strapping bread to his ears!"

  8. #188

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    After the initial shootings, it became apparent that there was a government hand in the "pro-Mubarak" camp, so they started throwing rocks instead. Most of the injuries coming in now are head injuries. Hence, Bread Hat.

    David Mitchell was talking about how much it discredits Mubarak's claim to offer at least stability - "Surely the very face of chaos is a man desperately strapping bread to his ears!"

    lol...mubarak's claim about stability is so pathetically transparent. his country is engulfed in chaos and he's talking about providing stability? please. the party's over hosni. go into exile

  9. #189
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,594

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    After the initial shootings, it became apparent that there was a government hand in the "pro-Mubarak" camp, so they started throwing rocks instead. Most of the injuries coming in now are head injuries. Hence, Bread Hat.

    David Mitchell was talking about how much it discredits Mubarak's claim to offer at least stability - "Surely the very face of chaos is a man desperately strapping bread to his ears!"
    Ah, the stones. Now it makes sense.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  10. #190
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.


  11. #191
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    "And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments to palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world: our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand." b to the o commander and mothafukin chief

  12. #192
    old school RageAgainstTheAoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Love this. ^

  13. #193
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    "And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments to palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world: our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand." b to the o commander and mothafukin chief
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  14. #194

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    That scene at 3:34 really got to me.

  15. #195
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,594

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  16. #196
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,694

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Now seriously, why does he have bread on his head?
    I doubt it was for cover, there's plenty of shit lying around that would be better. He has bread on his because he's protesting the inflation in the price of bread and other common goods. It's a major theme in this revolution.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  17. #197
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Well now this protest's just getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  18. #198
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,694

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    I think protesters are too bent on ousting Mubarak. This man, Omar Suleiman, was the head of intelligence in Egypt for ages. He has been personally responsible for all kinds of murder and torture. This will likely have terrible consequences.

    edit: and the United States supports this. Suleiman + USA= bff
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 02-10-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  19. #199
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,119

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    so the army's taking over after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  20. #200
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    so the army's taking over after all.
    it was always in power, Mubarak is a former general, the guy he appointed as VP is a former general....Egypt is a military democracy run by former military men, the country has been under martial law since Mubarak took over...this is what the ppl are really protesting. they want a civilian democracy

  21. #201
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,119

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    OK I'll believe you and not the NY Times then.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  22. #202
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    OK I'll believe you and not the NY Times then.
    did you not read page 2?


    The youthful leaders of the protest movement said that they would welcome a role for the military in running the government during a transitional period, provided it was overseen by a council composed mainly of civilians. They repeated their previous demand that the council should include only one military officer, and oversee the government for a maximum of one year until free elections under a revised constitution.

    Some said they worried about the next steps. “Of course we don’t want the military, but the people still consider the military the nation’s savior,” said Abdel Rahman Faris, 30, an independent member of the youth council set up to lead the revolution. “We should have enough guarantees that the military will not turn into another Mubarak.”

    He said the young leaders of the revolution did not expect any of their number to sit on their proposed transitional council. “We are the youth,” he said. “We know where our role stops.”

    Moaz Abdel Karim, a 29 year old leader of the youth section of the Muslim Brotherhood, agreed: “We have had enough of military rule. We want a civilian president.”

    also if the military was taking over it would be known as a Coup, which the Egyptian government and I believe the US government have come out saying that it officially is NOT a coup
    Last edited by Aphxtwinin; 02-10-2011 at 10:09 AM.

  23. #203
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,119

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    did you not read page 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  24. #204
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Tom is correct.

    Mubarak may have been a general, but it seemed more of a police authority rule, rather than a military rule. This transitional command is not a coup, but it's still led by the military. Just because the military will take charge of transitions doesn't mean it's a coup. It's not like they're storming into the HQ to take out Mubarak. HE might have seen their refusal to stop protesters as a coup, but they are just taking a temporary charge... hopefully... And just because the Muslim Brotherhood say they don't want another military rule doesn't make x and y the same thing. They mean they don't want the country to be ruled by the armed, like the police or military.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  25. #205
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    did you not read page 1?
    yea i did, my point is that the military no matter in what capacity has been in power for the past 30 years. Military minds not civilians have run the government, in a harsh way (as only military men know). So thats why Egyptians want Mubarak and his entire regime to leave and really would not accept the same figure, a military leader, as the next president. The military of course would take over for the transitional period, i would not be surprised if they were under complete military rule, with civilian oversight until the next scheduled election which is sept, if Mubarak does leave. But this movement would not allow that to happen beyond that. What they have bled, died, and fought for is a civilian democracy that you and I enjoy.

  26. #206
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Tom is correct.

    Mubarak may have been a general, but it seemed more of a police authority rule, rather than a military rule. This transitional command is not a coup, but it's still led by the military. Just because the military will take charge of transitions doesn't mean it's a coup. It's not like they're storming into the HQ to take out Mubarak. HE might have seen their refusal to stop protesters as a coup, but they are just taking a temporary charge... hopefully... And just because the Muslim Brotherhood say they don't want another military rule doesn't make x and y the same thing. They mean they don't want the country to be ruled by the armed, like the police or military.
    im not saying its a coup, there is no Egyptian constitutional law that provides for this situation. This is why the transitional period is so sensitive, they need to implement laws that makes everything they are abou to do legal, because as of right now it isn't which is why people have been calling it a coup. Im not arguing the transition, im not really arguing anything. Im simply stating the fact that the people want a civilian democracy and not a military democracy/almost dictatorship.

  27. #207
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,953

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    lol, dick move.

    Mubarak fucked with all those people by not stepping down, as was widely reported; that man is stubborn as a mule.

  28. #208
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    lol, dick move.

    Mubarak fucked with all those people by not stepping down, as was widely reported; that man is stubborn as a mule.
    yea this guy is fucking stupid or i dunno what. its pretty obvious he needs to leave. fucking idiot. i applaud the Egyptian people for staying peaceful for the past 3 weeks in face of everything, i do not know how much longer it will last.

  29. #209
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,953

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Well apparently the Egyptian people are en route to the presidential palace, presumably where Mubarak taped his speech, I doubt he's even there now.

    Nonetheless, this could escalate and turn really ugly fast.

  30. #210
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Oh Egypt. My heart is with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    im not saying its a coup, there is no Egyptian constitutional law that provides for this situation. This is why the transitional period is so sensitive, they need to implement laws that makes everything they are abou to do legal, because as of right now it isn't which is why people have been calling it a coup. Im not arguing the transition, im not really arguing anything. Im simply stating the fact that the people want a civilian democracy and not a military democracy/almost dictatorship.
    Nobody is saying that they aren't protesting for a civilian democracy. Tom and I are saying that the previous government was not a junta, which is essentially what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Similar Threads

  1. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
    By brando4n82 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
  2. Young at Heart
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
  3. I HEART THIS LINEUP
    By fober in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
  4. Los Angeles eat your heart out
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 06:16 PM
  5. NIN - My Violent Heart
    By invisiblerobots in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •