Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    This is a band I am looking forward to a lot. I've never seen them outside of Duluth MN (where they're from, my neighboring city) and to see them at Coachella will be amazing. It's nice seeing them rep bluegrass this year.






  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,512

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Holy shit. That song in the second video is insanely good. This would be a perfect act to open the gobi or mojave with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Holy shit. That song in the second video is insanely good. This would be a perfect act to open the gobi or mojave with.

    this this this. amazing song. i am hoping for a good opener set as well. i usually mess with the do lab to start the day, get wet and get it out of the way but it would be nice to start the day with some brilliant music like TBT. i just hope they have a full tent. i used to see them for free all the time just a few years ago. its still a shocker to see them on the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  4. #4
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    they also have the best band name i've heard in a long time. WIN.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Hippies.
    .

  6. #6

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    I saw these guys at Stagecoach and they put on one hell of a show. Get ready to dance you ass off.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,512

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Hippies.
    You have an odd definition of the word "hippies."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by <3Tea View Post
    I saw these guys at Stagecoach and they put on one hell of a show. Get ready to dance you ass off.
    Only bluegrass I've ever seen where crowd surfing was the norm
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You have an odd definition of the word "hippies."
    Until recently, this band exclusively played hippie festivals (when they played festivals, that is).
    .

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,512

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    MN State Fair is a hippie festival? Weird. I thought it would be a southern blues, bluegrass and country festival. Did Trampled By Turtles play right before Widespread Panic or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    I wasn't considering a state fair a "festival".
    .

  12. #12
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Maybe that's just where people ran into bluegrass before ...

    Trampled by Turtles sold out 1st Ave in Mpls two nights back to back earlier this month.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    That has a lot to do with the fact that they are from Minnesota.
    .

  14. #14
    Member jeffp1717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Yes. So pumped to finally see them, plus having it be at Coachella is going to be amazing. It was surreal to get down to OCMS last year, and I have no doubt it will be a similar feeling this year with TBT. Also drove me to dig out my new sig from the vaults.


  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffp1717 View Post
    Yes. So pumped to finally see them, plus having it be at Coachella is going to be amazing. It was surreal to get down to OCMS last year, and I have no doubt it will be a similar feeling this year with TBT. Also drove me to dig out my new sig from the vaults.

    All we need now is a frat boy with purty mouth.

    Does anyone else think this shit blows!!!!

    GOOD!!!!! another reason not to go early.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Redlands
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    HOLY shit, I'm excited for this. Never heard of them before ..... seems like the first act of the day on the coachella stage, yeah???


    Anybody love Old Crow Medicine Show's performance last year???
    08', 09', 10', 11'

    Friday: Chemical Brothers. Black Keys. Cee Lo Green. Cold War Kids. Erick Morillo. Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears.

    Saturday: Two Door Cinema Club. Arcade Fire. Mumford and Sons. Empire of the Sun. Delta Spirit. Trampled by Turtles. Gogol Bordello. Cage the Elephant. The New Pornographers. Animal Collective. Bright Eyes

    Sunday: Ratatat. Nas and Damien Marley. Duck Sauce. Chromeo. The Strokes. The National. Foster the People. Phantogram.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Redlands
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    All we need now is a frat boy with purty mouth.

    Does anyone else think this shit blows!!!!

    GOOD!!!!! another reason not to go early.
    Good, don't come. More dancing room for everyone else.
    08', 09', 10', 11'

    Friday: Chemical Brothers. Black Keys. Cee Lo Green. Cold War Kids. Erick Morillo. Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears.

    Saturday: Two Door Cinema Club. Arcade Fire. Mumford and Sons. Empire of the Sun. Delta Spirit. Trampled by Turtles. Gogol Bordello. Cage the Elephant. The New Pornographers. Animal Collective. Bright Eyes

    Sunday: Ratatat. Nas and Damien Marley. Duck Sauce. Chromeo. The Strokes. The National. Foster the People. Phantogram.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    All we need now is a frat boy with purty mouth.

    Does anyone else think this shit blows!!!!

    GOOD!!!!! another reason not to go early.
    Go drown in a puddle at the Do Lab

  19. #19

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Minnesota represent! Making the 1800 mile journey...looking forward to seeing TBT once again...great live show.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Go drown in a puddle at the Do Lab
    I don't do the Do-Lab thing, but I will be enjoying
    Suede
    Big Audio
    The National
    The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
    Interpol

    and any other band that doesn't sound like a cross between the Dillards, the Weavers, and any banjo shit that should be at Stagecoach.

    Sorry, but at least this is on early at 11 or 12.

    Have fun,
    I'm allowed to think this stuff BLOWS!!!!

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    I'm allowed to think this stuff BLOWS!!!!
    The fuck if you are!

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,495

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Great track.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    The fuck if you are!
    I hear enough of this crap in the Poconos, or as we call PA. Pennsltucky. This band would go over big here.

    Take this back to the woods, where the men are lonely and the women are scared.

    I do like the name!!!

    All in fun!!!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    I hear enough of this crap in the Poconos, or as we call PA. Pennsltucky. This band would go over big here.

    Take this back to the woods, where the men are lonely and the women are scared.

    I do like the name!!!

    All in fun!!!
    You really should at least check em out. Their live energy is very indescribable.

  25. #25
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    I don't do the Do-Lab thing, but I will be enjoying
    Suede
    Big Audio
    The National
    The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
    Interpol

    and any other band that doesn't sound like a cross between the Dillards, the Weavers, and any banjo shit that should be at Stagecoach.

    Sorry, but at least this is on early at 11 or 12.

    Have fun,
    I'm allowed to think this stuff BLOWS!!!!
    I urge you to check out Mumford & Sons. Look up Little Lion Man.

  26. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by <3Tea View Post
    You really should at least check em out. Their live energy is very indescribable.
    I can see by the video that they have great energy, I guess like Mumford and Sons and and the new lame Indie label in our townthat specializes in this neo-folk, neo-bluegrass, neo-homemade instrument stuff, I am tired of it.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,579

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    I can see by the video that they have great energy, I guess like Mumford and Sons and and the new lame Indie label in our townthat specializes in this neo-folk, neo-bluegrass, neo-homemade instrument stuff, I am tired of it.
    I wish there was auto play on these videos so you wouldn't come back in.

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tijuana
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    i just found the 1st band of the day. thank you!.
    Coachella 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 12.2...

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I wish there was auto play on these videos so you wouldn't come back in.
    Relax Mr. Wisconsin! Just because you like this doesn't mean we all have to like it also. Then again I guess this is cutting edge rock in the woods.

  30. #30
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Trampled by Turtles!!!!!!!!!

    At least we're in agreement that they rock.

Similar Threads

  1. Trampled by Turtles
    By Iamwelting in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
  2. Turtles Dont do Drugs
    By *SURREAL* in forum Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
  4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of Their Shells Tour
    By Thief of Fire in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
  5. I like turtles
    By NiceArthur32 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •