Thread: Something we can do to make a change in the current administration

Thumbs up Something we can do to make a change in the current administration

Perhaps you were wondering today if you there is any chance in hell things could change in the future. Or perhaps you have a sense of consciousness about your last two presidential votes. Here is you're chance to do something about it:

--------------------
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is conducting a phone poll -- the number is 1-202-225-0100. Just call in and say something to the effect of "I'd like to register my support for the impeachment of President George W.
    Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney." If you're tired of the way things are going, take 45 seconds out of your day to make some change.
    --------------------

It actually takes less than 45 secs. I got through on second try and expressed support for this move.

Default Re: Something we can do to make a change in the current administration

actually today i was wondering in my roids were going to stop bleeding cos im running out of boxers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Stop voting for Ralph Nader and vote for somone who is actually going to be elected
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Ugh people check your sources before posting this shit. She's not taking any "poll." That's just her general phone number that people have decided to inundate with clueless callers. She is on record many, many times saying that even with the Democrats controlling the House, there will be no impeachment.

Why not use your time on something better like volunteering time or donating money to a candidate you believe in who is running in 2008?

Nancy Pelosi isn't all that much better then Bush and Cheney as far as intelligence.
    lollipops and crisps

Coachella Junkie

I just coughed so much I vomited.

Quote Originally Posted by AEversW View Post
    Nancy Pelosi isn't all that much better then Bush and Cheney as far as intelligence.
    However she is much better then Nomar Garciapara and or any of those fucking self centered players on that god forsaken organization.......

i gotta say...there's not a single candidate I'd really want to vote for, for president

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    However she is much better then Nomar Garciapara and or any of those fucking self centered players on that god forsaken organization.......
    hahahaha ok...you guys can have grady little back though.
    lollipops and crisps

I think that I'm going to vote for Obama but if I have to choose between Clinton or Guliani I dont know what ill do...

hahahaha ok...you guys can have grady little back though.
    Keep him you guys are going to need all the help you can get plus for the first time in a really long time I think we can win it all with the line up we have....

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Ugh people check your sources before posting this shit. She's not taking any "poll." That's just her general phone number that people have decided to inundate with clueless callers. She is on record many, many times saying that even with the Democrats controlling the House, there will be no impeachment.

Why not use your time on something better like volunteering time or donating money to a candidate you believe in who is running in 2008?
    Who gives a shit what she has said "on record?" As the speaker of the house she is supposed to be the speaker for the general populace. There is nothing wrong with "inundating" her with calls in attempt to make those voices heard. It took me 4 minutes and I actually had a reasonable conversation with one of her staff.

EDIT: As Pelosi received thousands of calls yesterday, this should be continued through the rest of the house (particularly the judiciary committee). Call your local representative or any of the representatives on the committee:

Here is a full list of US House Judiciary

Democratic

Honorable Howard L. Berman
    (202) 225-4695
    Honorable Rick Boucher
    (202) 225-3861
    Honorable Jerrold Nadler
    202-225-5635
    Honorable Robert C. Scott
    (202) 225-8351
    Honorable Melvin L. Watt
    (202) 225-1510
    Honorable Zoe Lofgren
    (202) 225-3072
    Honorable Sheila Jackson Lee
    (202) 225-3816
    Honorable Maxine Waters
    (202) 225-2201
    Honorable Martin T. Meehan
    (202) 225-3411
    Honorable William D. Delahunt
    (202) 225-3111
    Honorable Robert Wexler
    (202) 225-3001
    Honorable Linda T. Sanchez
    (202) 225-6676
    Honorable Steve Cohen
    (202) 225-3265
    Honorable Hank Johnson
    (202) 225-1605
    Honorable Luis Gutierrez
    (202) 225-8203
    Honorable Brad Sherman
    (202) 225-5911
    Honorable Anthony Weiner
    (202) 225-6616
    Honorable Adam Schiff
    (202) 225-4176
    Honorable Artur Davis
    (202) 225-2665
    Honorable Debbie Wasserman Schultz
    (202) 225-7931
    Honorable Keith Ellison
    (612) 522-1212
    Honorable Tammy Baldwin
    (202) 225-2906

Republican
    Honorable F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr.
    (202) 225-5101
    Honorable Howard Coble
    (202) 225-3065
    Honorable Elton Gallegly
    (202) 225-5811
    Honorable Bob Goodlatte
    (202) 225-5431
    Honorable Steve Chabot
    (202) 225-2216
    Honorable Daniel E. Lungren
    (202) 225-5716
    Honorable Chris Cannon
    (202) 225-7751
    Honorable Ric Keller
    (202) 225-2176
    Honorable Darrell Issa
    202-225-3906
    Honorable Mike Pence
    (202) 225-3021
    Honorable J. Randy Forbes
    (202) 225-6365
    Honorable Steve King
    (202) 225-4426
    Honorable Tom Feeney
    (202) 225-2706
    Honorable Trent Franks
    (202) 225-4576
    Honorable Louie Gohmert
    (202) 225-303
    Honorable Jim Jordan
    (202) 225-2676
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 05-04-2007 at 11:27 AM.

wmgaretjax, I agree with you that it's not really that important whether or not she formally started a poll. And I also agree that it's good for the public to get involved and feel passionately about what's going on in our political system -- that is certainly something to encourage.

But I worry that when people push for radical steps like impeachment, they maybe aren't taking the most effective path. First, impeachment isn't going to happen, no matter how hard you push. It's not realistic. Second, impeachment would be a waste of government party resources, given how little time is actually left for the Bush administration. Third, at this point, Bush is actually doing more harm than good to his party, in my opinion. I'm happy to let him stay in office and let him dig his hole a little deeper. Maybe we'll actually have a Democrat win in 2008 that way.

Banned

Im going to adopt a kitty cat.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Keep him you guys are going to need all the help you can get plus for the first time in a really long time I think we can win it all with the line up we have....
    just wait until Nancy Drew cuts his finger and lands on the DL for 3 months. The sox are good but i think the Tigers and or Indians are better then them.
    lollipops and crisps

wmgaretjax, I agree with you that it's not really that important whether or not she formally started a poll. And I also agree that it's good for the public to get involved and feel passionately about what's going on in our political system -- that is certainly something to encourage.

But I worry that when people push for radical steps like impeachment, they maybe aren't taking the most effective path. First, impeachment isn't going to happen, no matter how hard you push. It's not realistic. Second, impeachment would be a waste of government party resources, given how little time is actually left for the Bush administration. Third, at this point, Bush is actually doing more harm than good to his party, in my opinion. I'm happy to let him stay in office and let him dig his hole a little deeper. Maybe we'll actually have a Democrat win in 2008 that way.
    it's not about fucking party politics though. This is about recognizing that presidents can't act unilaterally like this. They can't manipulate the system in a manner that allows for reduction of basic human rights and deceptive foreign policy.

Is it really a waste of resources to make it clear that our government can't subvert our authority in this manner?

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Is it really a waste of resources to make it clear that our government can't subvert our authority in this manner?
    No, but there's an efficient manner of registering your lack of approval (votes, dollars, etc.) and there's an inefficient manner (encouraging uninformed phone calls, unrealistic petitions, etc.). I'm all for changing the system, but I think that change needs to happen from inside.

No, but there's an efficient manner of registering your lack of approval (votes, dollars, etc.) and there's an inefficient manner (encouraging uninformed phone calls, unrealistic petitions, etc.). I'm all for changing the system, but I think that change needs to happen from inside.
    this isn't a petition, it's a straight and simple attempt to make voices heard. as far as I know, that's what this system was designed for. it's failing us now and you want us to sit back and wait for politicians to turn around?

with all the wonderous options that have been set forth in front of us, the ridiculous financial needs in order to run for office reasonable, the power has been wrested from the majority (not that it was ever there in the first place) and set into the hands of the wealthy and powerful.

You know, between this thread and the virb.com thread about art, I get the sense that we could be fighting a lot, wmgaretjax. It's funny, because you're about the only person on this board that I seriously argue with.

I'm just going to step back and agree to disagree here, because I'm clearly not going to change your mind and your definitely not going to change my mind. Being passionate about your beliefs, no matter what they are, is important and I respect that.

just wait until Nancy Drew cuts his finger and lands on the DL for 3 months. The sox are good but i think the Tigers and or Indians are better then them.
    The Tigers are the team to beat this year in the AL. I hope that the Sox stay healthy this year with the Yankees playing the way they are this season I dont think they are going to be a problem. LA might be decent this year I mean in the NL west you only really need to be a .546 team to make it to the playoffs....

You know, between this thread and the virb.com thread about art, I get the sense that we could be fighting a lot, wmgaretjax. It's funny, because you're about the only person on this board that I seriously argue with.

I'm just going to step back and agree to disagree here, because I'm clearly not going to change your mind and your definitely not going to change my mind. Being passionate about your beliefs, no matter what they are, is important and I respect that.
    cheers to that. no disrespect intended.

So who thinks the presedent should be impeached? But seriously politics asside the only way average people can make a difference is through education and voting. Voting is the only way leaders will listin. If they know that people are pissed and are willing to tell them to fuck off things will start to change.....

ive notice you americans smoke marijuana as if it was the last chance to do it... next time you vote dont fuckin smoke joints and get drunk that day, be sober and clean and you will have a better chance to decide whose best between the candidates.. hopefully you wont vote for another crazy nazi again...

bob dole

jack kemp
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Hillary Clinton