Thread: I do not get why people are mad right now

Default I do not get why people are mad right now

Anybody who was planing on going to Coachella should have know it was going to sellout (the camping sold out so fast, heck there was a warning on this board last night).

UNLIKE with camping passes there was PLENTY of time to buy the ticket (5 days on TM plus layaway).

Which leads me to believe these people simple do not have the $$$ at the moment.

But if people can not afford $310 for a ticket today what are the odds they can afford 1k+ for a ticket in a month or two?

Thus they had two choices
    a.) Find anyway possible to get the $$$
    b.) Come to the realization they would not be able to go to Coachella this year and DEAL with it.

Default Re: I do not get why people are mad right now

I do not get why this couldn't be posted in an existing thread.
    womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp

because I like making threads.

Plus this way it disappears faster (ie will not get many replies as a new thread)

People are mad because most of us wait for the line-up to come out to solidify our plans. The tix havent sold out this fast ever. And we don't know the future. All we could act on was past experience. And past experience was that if you bought tix in mid-Feb, you'd be fine.

So please don't be such a jerk about this. This is different. It hasn't happened like this. We're in shock. We were all planning on going, didn't have the funds, and didn't want to commit to something we had no information on. Sometimes it's not worth a non-refundable layaway program if you find out the line-up isnt for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBird View Post
    People are mad because most of us wait for the line-up to come out to solidify our plans. The tix havent sold out this fast ever. And we don't know the future. All we could act on was past experience. And past experience was that if you bought tix in mid-Feb, you'd be fine.

So please don't be such a jerk about this. This is different. It hasn't happened like this. We're in shock. We were all planning on going, didn't have the funds, and didn't want to commit to something we had no information on. Sometimes it's not worth a non-refundable layaway program if you find out the line-up isnt for you.
    So ya we get you were waiting for the line up. I still fail to see why if you were planning on going you wouldn't still save up for it. It's not like you are blind sided when they release the lineup, it always comes out around this time. It's not like it was sold out within hours. If you had saved before you could have.gotten a ticket in the last 6 days they were for sale.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

You guys are so bad."its never happend like this". True, I was also planning on buying my ticket sometime later in march or Feb but guess what, there were repeated warnings about a sell out.

1st warning, camping sold out within a day.

2nd warning, VIP sold out. Once that happend, I ponied up the dough on layaway.

3rd warning, layaway tickets sold out.

4th warning, only tickets with shuttle pass available. By that time, if you haven't wised up, you shouldn't go. It was obvious.

Maybe it was clear to all message board members that the passes were gonna sell out early, but I'd guess that only about 10% of Coachella-goers are members of the message board. I know countless people who have other stuff to worry about in life than Coachella, and while they wanted to go, they had other things to do in the past week than geek out over Coachella. In no way is less than a week "ample time" for the average person

people are mad because they didn't get tickets in time and they are listed for insane prices right now, over 1k in some instances! That is just insane. I honestly feel those prices will go down, they're just trying to get the maximum possible on the first wave of panic. So if you're planning on buying some don't do it now.

Either way people have a right to be upset, but in the end if you couldn't come up with the money and weren't able to get your shit together in time maybe this is a good year to skip. It's not like Coachella won't be back next year.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    You guys are so bad."its never happend like this". True, I was also planning on buying my ticket sometime later in march or Feb but guess what, there were repeated warnings about a sell out.

4th warning, only tickets with shuttle pass available. By that time, if you haven't wised up, you shouldn't go. It was obvious.
    1. I've never camped, so I could care less, and camping has sold out fast for the past 4 years.

2. I only go VIP when my friends have extra free passes/bands, so I could care less.

3., 4., and complete sellout all happened within hours of each other.

Not all of us can live on this board.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

1.) Uhhh, if I remember right, camping only sold out in 2010. And that took until late March or early April. Still a big indicator when it sells out in 8 FUCKING HOURS.

2.) No one asked how often you go VIP. Still another huge fucking indication when it sells out in LESS THAN A DAY.

I'll give you points 3 and 4, but Christ, you aren't refuting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Lay. A. Way. Boom, roasted. See you guys there! Any other Ohioians in the crowd?
    "An attitude of gratitude brings you many opportunities."

The Black Keys took their talents to Nashville.

Hey, remember when before there was a thing called internet, and people would line up overnight or for days just to get tickets to a stadium-sized concert that would sell out within hours? People have it easy now. If anyone wanted it bad enough, they would have found a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

Agreed CellarOwl. I feel bad people didn't get tickets and now have to pay insance prices, but THERE WAS LAYAWAY! I didn't have $300 for a ticket, but I could afford the $67 for 10% layaway. If you can't afford the last two payments by Feb and Mar 1st, then when WERE you planning to have money saved up?
    I am totally new to the boards, but when camping sold out so fast, I obviously started doing my homework and checking things out.

Quote Originally Posted by tsrdrum View Post
    I know countless people who have other stuff to worry about in life than Coachella, and while they wanted to go, they had other things to do in the past week than geek out over Coachella.
    Sorry to be cold, but if they weren't worried about it this past week then they can find something else to geek out over in a few months, yes?

It's not the end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWPiller View Post
    Lay. A. Way. Boom, roasted. See you guys there! Any other Ohioians in the crowd?
    I was wondering when the Boom, roasted crowd would show up. Of course its from someone from my fair state!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

people are just dumb and lazy
    je suis un extraterrestre

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    1. I've never camped, so I could care less, and camping has sold out fast for the past 4 years.

2. I only go VIP when my friends have extra free passes/bands, so I could care less.

3., 4., and complete sellout all happened within hours of each other.

Not all of us can live on this board.
    It's called doing a little bit of research. You don't have to live on the board to find out the warnings of a sell out. People open at least 3 threads that remain on the first page when something important happens like a VIP sell out.

No one gives a shit if you get VIP or not. That's not the point. The fact that those sold out was a warning. If you guys didn't get the hint then you shouldn't go. Go to Sasquatch or Ultra and fist pump with guidos.

Maybe it was clear to all message board members that the passes were gonna sell out early, but I'd guess that only about 10% of Coachella-goers are members of the message board. I know countless people who have other stuff to worry about in life than Coachella, and while they wanted to go, they had other things to do in the past week than geek out over Coachella. In no way is less than a week "ample time" for the average person
    it takes 5 minutes to get your tickets. 6 days is ample time.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post

^^^^ what he said.everyone had plenty of time..

either coachella is a priority for you, or it's not

THIS. I know lots of people who were planning on attending and not on the boards but thought they would have more time. I'm sure there were a lot of wtf's around Glastonbury and Redding when they started to sell out super fast. Fans as well as GV will be more prepared for a fast sellout next year.

Here's the thing, in years past the lineup was more of a factor in people's decision to buy tickets or not. There was a small contingent who went regardless of the lineup because they knew they were going to have a good time no matter what. Well that small contingent isn't small anymore. People know the kind of party Coachella is and they jump on tickets early, especially camping. With the ability to go in and out of the festival, camping has turned into a nonstop soiree all weekend. The simple fact is, you have to be prepared for anything. I've been going for 9 years and I buy as soon as humanly possible to get it out of the way. If I've learned anything over the years, it's have a plan and stay on top of shit.
    Last edited by Paddy O'Furniture; 01-27-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Expecting to go and not doing 5 min worth of research on status of tickets is not smart. Its simple. Do you want to go or not?

People are mad because they feel entitled. Anyone who follows this festival at all generally knows when the lineup is announced and when tickets go onsale. If people are mad because they can't scratch together that kind of cash quickly (a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck), that's one thing. But they were aware tickets were available for nearly a week and didn't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    People are mad because they feel entitled. Anyone who follows this festival at all generally knows when the lineup is announced and when tickets go onsale. If people are mad because they can't scratch together that kind of cash quickly (a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck), that's one thing. But they were aware tickets were available for nearly a week and didn't do anything about it.
    This.

/thread

,kthnxbye

This x over 9000.

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    Do people cry this much when they get crappy seats to a show they want to go too?

Supply vs Demand.

People you are not entitled to everything you want.