Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Default Re: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by StegoDee View Post
    Hey BeeII, I ordered one of the basic no-box kits and a 10ml bottle of e-fluid. I was just wondering, since I noticed the USPS was the only delivery method, how long I can expect for it arrive, and how long should the 10ml bottle last me?
    a few days depending where you are, and 10mg of ejuice lasts a while, it all depends on how often you vape and how long your hits are.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Got it today! This thing rocks - I definitely recommend it to anyone that's trying to quit or doesn't want to get cancer. I also recommend a PG based e-fluid...feels exactly like a normal cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by StegoDee View Post
    Got it today! This thing rocks - I definitely recommend it to anyone that's trying to quit or doesn't want to get cancer. I also recommend a PG based e-fluid...feels exactly like a normal cigarette.
    awesome!

I went with a 50/50 VG/PG mixture and it's also very satisfying.

BTW, Bee. Good call on the vaporbomb. great ejuice!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Tresbone View Post
    I just ordered a standard kit from these V2 people. Hopefully they are as good as all the reviews I read say they are. I also like how each cartrdige has their own atomizer, I am way too lazy and unmotivated to clean out shit like that.

Now it's a shipping race between the E-smokes and Coachella tickets. Who will win?!
    Good choice, Their shipping is the only thing that took too long imo but I live in europe so if it took 3 weeks to get here, it might take a week and a half-two weeks to get to you. the only thing i would say is get the non automatic battery aswell as then you dont have to pretoke it to heat it up.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I just wanted to pop in to let anyone who's considering buying an e-cig know that I haven't smoked a normal cigarette since I got mine, and I was a pack-a-day smoker. I think it's been about three weeks. I can already tell a drastic difference in my lung capacity. Thanks a ton, Bee II.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    BTW, Bee. Good call on the vaporbomb. great ejuice!
    I'd like to second this. I ordered a bottle of menthol e-fluid, and they sent me a sample bottle of pina colada (which happens to be one of my favorite flavors) along with it, free of charge. Same VG/PG mixture and nicotine content. Very awesome.

Just want to thank you guys as reading this thread has convinced me to try this when I get back from coachella. I can go days or weeks without smoking but if I start drinking, the urge hits and I can't seem to quit. It's 100% mental for me so I think just holding something and letting out "smoke" will soothe my cravings. Such good info on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagh20 View Post
    General White Portion Snus has kept me cig free for 8 months now....I would recommend it to anyone wanting to to stop smoking...
    Moving the cancer around doesn't really help much, you'll just increase your chances of getting it in multiple places.

thanks for all the tips guys. i am proud to say that i have quit smoking on a day to day basis (was up to 1/2 a pack a day at one point), but the second i start drinking or partying, it is all i want...

the only question i had is how strong are you guys ordering nicotine wise? i always smoked lights, so i was thinking either the 8mg or 12mg juice?

Quote Originally Posted by slverstone View Post
    thanks for all the tips guys. i am proud to say that i have quit smoking on a day to day basis (was up to 1/2 a pack a day at one point), but the second i start drinking or partying, it is all i want...

the only question i had is how strong are you guys ordering nicotine wise? i always smoked lights, so i was thinking either the 8mg or 12mg juice?
    Congrats!!

drinking is the one thing that still triggers me into wanting a regular cigarette and sometimes I'll actually have one or two just to be social, ESPECIALLY if my battery is dead or a cute boy is offering, lol.

as for the strength, it's not based on if you smoked lights, mediums or regulars. it's based on the number of cigarettes you smoked each day. I was a pack and a half smoker at my peak so I started off with the 35mg strength and I'm using 18mg now. I think 24mg is the strongest most places have now and that should be more than adequate for a half a pack smoker like yourself.

I would just start at a higher strength (18 or 24) and then bring yourself down to low or even zero nicotine when you're ready. I think the higher strength is what helped me to stop smoking cigarettes in the first place.
    2012 2013 2014

thanks scenicworld! put my orders in today... now i can't wait till it all comes in

no problem! I'll look forward to your full report when your order comes in
    2012 2013 2014

Thumbs up Re: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyhenderson View Post
    Good choice, Their shipping is the only thing that took too long imo but I live in europe so if it took 3 weeks to get here, it might take a week and a half-two weeks to get to you. the only thing i would say is get the non automatic battery aswell as then you dont have to pretoke it to heat it up.
    I FINALLY got my starter kit. Almost took a whole month to get here! But the flavour is smooth city. I am quite pleased! I definitely prefer the automatic battery for sure, who has time to hold down buttons anyway?

Congrats to all of you who have made the decision to quit smoking.

Research has shown that the nicotine in e-cigs doesn't really have an effect on helping people to quit. Basically, you could put in water and it would have as much of an effect in helping you quit.

i quit with the patch. the cheap target brand ones. gives you some crazy dreams when you fall asleep with them on.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tresbone View Post
    I FINALLY got my starter kit. Almost took a whole month to get here! But the flavour is smooth city. I am quite pleased! I definitely prefer the automatic battery for sure, who has time to hold down buttons anyway?
    **WARNING** soundwaves can, and will set off most automatic ecigs. I took my auto to a concert a few years ago and noticed that my pocket was getting really warm. I figured that the jeans I was wearing were pushing the button down since they were pretty tight, but even after I took it out it would turn on and off with the beat.

I get a manual because I go to shows throughout the year and got tired of pulling the battery. Besides, when you hold the button down it looks like you're smoking a high tech joint

2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Congrats to all of you who have made the decision to quit smoking.

Research has shown that the nicotine in e-cigs doesn't really have an effect on helping people to quit. Basically, you could put in water and it would have as much of an effect in helping you quit.
    Yeah, I don't really have any desire to quit. I am faithful to my addiction to nicotine. I chose the electronic route so I can get my fix without the tar, ash and smell. I am hoping my cardio will improve too.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld
    **WARNING** soundwaves can, and will set off most automatic ecigs. I took my auto to a concert a few years ago and noticed that my pocket was getting really warm. I figured that the jeans I was wearing were pushing the button down since they were pretty tight, but even after I took it out it would turn on and off with the beat.

I get a manual because I go to shows throughout the year and got tired of pulling the battery. Besides, when you hold the button down it looks like you're smoking a high tech joint
    Very good information, I will only bring my manual version to the festival.

I feel like e-cigs probably have other shit in them that is substitutes for all that stuff. Harsh ass chemicals and shit.

I really am hoping they don't allow these in for general public safety.

you'd be wrong, see page 2.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    I feel like e-cigs probably have other shit in them that is substitutes for all that stuff. Harsh ass chemicals and shit.

I really am hoping they don't allow these in for general public safety.
    Do you have any idea how much safer e-cig vapor is for you when compared to second hand cigarette smoke? Not to mention the fact that when you're done using your e-cig you just put it back in it's case, instead of tossing a still burning ember onto the grass for all the cute barefoot girls to step on.
    I hope you're just trolling.

anyone tried the new e-joints?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikFlyingV View Post
    Don't you hate the way the fat ones walk by and 'cough'?

I don't go around 'mooing' when they eat a steak.
    Lol you're awesome.

so, I quit smoking a few years ago by using e-cigs and reducing the nicotine and eventually even quit those as well, but ever since the "just a few cigs" I had during the last coachella I've gradually worked my back up to almost a pack a day and want to quit again. I used to use the njoy 510 tanks, but those have been discontinued and I'm not sure what brand would be best these days.

What I look for in an e-cig:
    1. must be refillable
    2. manual battery (or an auto that isn't activated by loud music)
    3. strong hit
    4. good vapor
    5. portability (I don't want something that can't easily be kept in my purse)

pluses:
    1. USB/AC passthrough
    2. voltage adjustment
    3. use with oils, wax, weed

can someone recommend something for me? I don't want to invest a ton of money since my plan is to lower my nicotine over 6 months again, but I'd like it to work well enough that I can gift it when I'm done.
    2012 2013 2014

They'll give you a blood clot.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    so, I quit smoking a few years ago by using e-cigs and reducing the nicotine and eventually even quit those as well, but ever since the "just a few cigs" I had during the last coachella I've gradually worked my back up to almost a pack a day and want to quit again. I used to use the njoy 510 tanks, but those have been discontinued and I'm not sure what brand would be best these days.

What I look for in an e-cig:
    1. must be refillable
    2. manual battery (or an auto that isn't activated by loud music)
    3. strong hit
    4. good vapor
    5. portability (I don't want something that can't easily be kept in my purse)

pluses:
    1. USB/AC passthrough
    2. voltage adjustment
    3. use with oils, wax, weed

can someone recommend something for me? I don't want to invest a ton of money since my plan is to lower my nicotine over 6 months again, but I'd like it to work well enough that I can gift it when I'm done.
    Greensmoke worked for me for a while. Seems to meet most of your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    They'll give you a blood clot.
    but at least the blood clot will be cheaper in the long run, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazysal2010 View Post
    Greensmoke worked for me for a while. Seems to meet most of your criteria.
    thanks, I'll look into them. the 510s were ideal because they were so cheap and easy to find, but now everything seems to be way more high teh than they need to be. I've noticed that most of the liquor store models are basically 510 clones, but I'd hate to pay so much for the batteries and atomizers.
    2012 2013 2014

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

https://www.cignot.com/category_s/23.htm still has the 510s and accessories.

I used this thread as reference and bought one back in August and successfully quit after 6 weeks.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

awesome, Drinkey! thanks!! congrats on quitting, too! for all the crap they are getting lately legislatively (NY, various CA cities and more), they really are the best way for someone who enjoys smoking to quit or to smoke without all of the consequences.
    2012 2013 2014

how's the shipping on that site?
    2012 2013 2014

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I honestly don't remember what I paid for shipping, unfortunately.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

that's ok. the prices look pretty good and I'm fairly patient.

*actually, on the check out page it says the shipping is FREE for the 510s. even better.
    Thanks again!!
    Last edited by scenicworld; 12-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    2012 2013 2014