Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Default Re: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    I recently quit smoking "analog" cigarettes and I have been using an e-cig. I love it. I want to know if it's ok to bring in. I don't want to lose it at the security checkpoint, since they are not exactly cheap.
    LOL@ "analog" cigarettes! When you were born and they cut the umbilical cord, were you automatically hooked up to a USB cable? I mean, c'mon...The thought of having to lug this around would be enough for me to quit smoking...or, at least make it worth my while with a good buzz or something! And as you're walking down the sidewalk fiddling around with this thing, try not to run into a telephone pole or something, because it'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I've tried three different models and the 510's are the best IMO. easy to refill so you don't have to buy those expensive prefilled cartridges from those online retailers and lots of accessories like USB passthroughs (so you can pull power from a computer) and charging cases. PLus they have a great selection of ejuice in all 4 strengths with like 200 flavors.
    I usually buy from www.healthcabin.net
    "E" juice. It's like Four Loko for your lungs! LOL
    Do you know what you get when you cross a geek/nerd with one of the 200 flavors of e-juice?
    A Hipster that won't die.

My buddy used the Blu ones. They tasted like shit IMO (Coffee flavor YUCK). It worked for him, though. After stopping the real thing and smoking the E-Cig, he pretty much gave it up all together after a month or so. Probably because the shit tasted so bad.

smoke 'em all kidz

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    LOL@ "analog" cigarettes! When you were born and they cut the umbilical cord, were you automatically hooked up to a USB cable? I mean, c'mon...The thought of having to lug this around would be enough for me to quit smoking...or, at least make it worth my while with a good buzz or something! And as you're walking down the sidewalk fiddling around with this thing, try not to run into a telephone pole or something, because it'll kill you.
    yea, cuz this thing is such a pain in the ass to carry around...

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Way more effective for quitting cigs compared to e-cigs

Sharing also lowers your potential carcinogen intake

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post

"E" juice. It's like Four Loko for your lungs! LOL
    Do you know what you get when you cross a geek/nerd with one of the 200 flavors of e-juice?
    A Hipster that won't die.
    umm, yeah, all you carry around is the one e-cig, not the whole kit, and maybe a small bottle of e-juice. you're carrying less around than a pack + lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Way more effective for quitting cigs compared to e-cigs

Sharing also lowers your potential carcinogen intake
    hasn't worked yet. just saying.
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Yeah my friend is a pretty hardcore smoker - at least a pack a day for probably 10+ years now I'd guess. She has tried to quit so many times, and the first thing to really work for her has been the e-cigarette. I think she's almost at a month now, which is pretty amazing for her. She loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

God damn I'm gonna try this shit. I keep telling myself I can quit anytime because I only smoke at night/when I drink. But I've been using that excuse for about 10 years, so yeah.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

hey BeeII,

I'm putting an order together for vaporbomb but I've never had to choose a mixture before. I think i'm just going to go with a half and half VG/PG mix, but what mixture do you usually go with and what's the benefit of each? does one vape more than the other or give a greater hit?
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I need an e-beer

Will this do?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    God damn I'm gonna try this shit. I keep telling myself I can quit anytime because I only smoke at night/when I drink. But I've been using that excuse for about 10 years, so yeah.
    Hey man, I've been smoking for 10 years now myself and I ordered a vcig from the states a couple weeks ago which arrived yesterday. I swear its unbelievable how awesome this thing is, if you think about it; We humans basically like to breath in smoke to get the throat hit and watch it as it pours out of our mouths, this does all of that.

I haven't had a craving for a normal cigarette at all yet, at first it tastes weird but I already love the taste now after 2 days. The amount of vapour is the same as the amount of smoke that a cig produces when you puff it and if you get a hold of some hash oil you can add it to your mix also . The stressy behavior you develop as a result from you trying to get every single drag out of your cigarette while it is still burning goes away, and you'll find yourself puffing only when you really need/want it, not being forced to smoke it all in one go cause there is nothing running out except for the cartridge itself which is supposed to be the equivalent of a pack. Think of it as a mini shisha in your pocket that does not cause you cancer with all the benefits; having your smoke and being able to do all your routines without having to miss it... for example when you're having a beer or a cup of coffee. I'm as analog as they come with pretty much everything... I buy Vinyl...i wanna start recording with my reel to reel soon, i only buy analog pedals and effects...but this digital cigarette sure is a fucking improvement! However if you are goin hiking, or planning a camping trip... it might be best to have a pack of analog cigs with you. all and all a sweet buy and i cannot endorse it enough. V2 cigs is what they are called.. i did alot of research and the best companies out there are supposed to be v2cigs and greensmoke, but v2cigs is cheaper and better customer service.
    Last edited by Hairyhenderson; 02-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.

What causes the smoke? Does it require a battery?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

it produces vapour as thick as smoke, its basically water vapour with flavoring and nicotine in it. the part of the cigarette that is normally the filter is the cartridge that contains the liquid and that screws onto the white bit which normally is the part filled with tobacco and in this case is the battery.

another awesome thing about them is that you can smoke them at all your non smoking friend's houses and at work even...at the airport, in the bar, at any venue, the hospital etc...

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    hey BeeII,

I'm putting an order together for vaporbomb but I've never had to choose a mixture before. I think i'm just going to go with a half and half VG/PG mix, but what mixture do you usually go with and what's the benefit of each? does one vape more than the other or give a greater hit?
    VG produces more vapor, but less of a throat hit, PG is the opposite.

I like a mix, i use 70%VG/30%PG mix personally, but everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    VG produces more vapor, but less of a throat hit, PG is the opposite.

I like a mix, i use 70%VG/30%PG mix personally, but everyone is different.
    good to know, thanks! I'm looking forward to getting my order and trying some of their flavors.
    2012 2013

Btw PG is much better for you then VG. PG is used in breathing machines and is supposed to have a positive effect on the lungs, in small quantities i.e while vaping

Just a few facts to put out there about E-Ciggs.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Public.../ucm173146.htm

Diethylene glycol was detected in one cartridge at approximately 1%. Diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze, is toxic to humans.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

^Wow. Well... so much for no known carcinogens. I guess they aren't "known" judging by the pretty much non-existent quality control.

DPA's testing also suggested that quality control processes used to manufacture these products are inconsistent or non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post

Diethylene glycol was detected in one cartridge at approximately 1%. Diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze, is toxic to humans.
    Nice way to generalize, in the beginning there might have been ecigs containg Diethylene glycol however, modern Ecigs, Like my v2cig's cartridges dont contain this substance. Please do your research before you judge something that you know nothing about. FYI the FDA and the tobacco industry are as thick as thieves.

heres a link to a pdf containing every ingredient in every flavor of these e-cigs. I smoke Cowboy(supposed to imitate Marlboro reds)

http://www.v2cigs.com/templates/__cu...ients_list.pdf

There's no judging, I'm just posting a few facts from a 2009 report, it's still considered "Modern E-ciggs". The pdf you posted was compiled by the company, I'd never trust something that a company puts together unless it's required (by law) to be published.
    John Keats

those are the ingredients used and there are no others except for the nicotine that is added last. The FDA and the tobacco industry go hand in hand, and so anything they publish negatively is just as biased as an ecig company would be positively. However, the v2cig company states all ingredients not just the ones they want you to see as they strive to be as transparent as they can be without giving away the ins and outs of their technology. I've only been smoking these for almost 4 days now and I already feel so much better, my lungs are loving the new found oxygen.

There's no judging, I'm just posting a few facts from a 2009 report, it's still considered "Modern E-ciggs". The pdf you posted was compiled by the company, I'd never trust something that a company puts together unless it's required (by law) to be published.
    lots has changed since 2009. the FDA only found that on 1 of the samples they seized and made no mention if it was part of the cartridge or the packaging. and since that time they have also backed off their warnings about ecigs. the FDA hoopla was more about the original vendors marketing as a nicotine delivery system and quitting solution rather than an alternative to smoking. once they changed their marketing the FDA backed down.

besides, I'd much rather 1 chemical than 599
    http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nico...ngredients.htm
    2012 2013

don't buy cartridges and ejuice from china. i use ejuice from the USA.

This was the kind of info I was hoping to be posted. I've thought about switching to e-ciggs but was a little apprehensive due to the FDA reports and people telling me it was worse than regular ciggs. I think I may switch after Coachella and only smoke regular ciggs when I'm at festivals.
    John Keats

So I never got around to ordering the e-ciggs, but a nasty case of food poisoning this weekend knocked me on my ass and I haven't had a cigarette for 3 days. Hoping I can stick with it. I really haven't missed them at all yet, but I'm sure that will change the next time I have a drink.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Hey BeeII, I ordered one of the basic no-box kits and a 10ml bottle of e-fluid. I was just wondering, since I noticed the USPS was the only delivery method, how long I can expect for it arrive, and how long should the 10ml bottle last me?

Smile Re: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyhenderson View Post
    V2 cigs is what they are called.. i did alot of research and the best companies out there are supposed to be v2cigs and greensmoke, but v2cigs is cheaper and better customer service.
    I just ordered a standard kit from these V2 people. Hopefully they are as good as all the reviews I read say they are. I also like how each cartrdige has their own atomizer, I am way too lazy and unmotivated to clean out shit like that.

Now it's a shipping race between the E-smokes and Coachella tickets. Who will win?!