Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

Default Are e-cigarettes allowed?

I recently quit smoking "analog" cigarettes and I have been using an e-cig. I love it. I want to know if it's ok to bring in. I don't want to lose it at the security checkpoint, since they are not exactly cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Default Re: Are e-cigarettes allowed?

if they don't allow you to smoke that thing it would be rediculous. I recommend taking the box it came in so you can prove to them it's not a pipe of some kind.

You can smoke those on planes, I'm pretty sure yu can smoke those at Coachella. I smoked regular cigs every year I've ever been and was never hassled by anyone besides some uppity Californians
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Banned

seriously if people hassel you over ciggs at coach.. we gotta problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    You can smoke those on planes, I'm pretty sure yu can smoke those at Coachella. I smoked regular cigs every year I've ever been and was never hassled by anyone besides some uppity Californians
    Don't you hate the way the fat ones walk by and 'cough'?

I don't go around 'mooing' when they eat a steak.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

I don't think he's worried that it looks like he's smoking. Just that it's a device, and can be questioned.

You should be fine though, ^^bring the box for sure.

I've haven't had any issues getting my eciggs in the last few years including the e-juice in dropper bottles and a few spare batteries. if they say anything just tell them it's an electronic cigarette and explain what it is and they should let you in without any hassle.

I usually explain that I have an ecigg and ejuice upfront before they search my purse so that they aren't shocked when they discover a strange electronic device. YMMV
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

oh, and hey, congrats on quitting!
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

I would think it's allowed. If you can smoke them indoors at places you shouldn't be smoking, they will allow them at Coachella. I think I may invest in one that way I don't have to carry around many packs of cigarettes around.
    '10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

I know I'm allowed to smoke my e-cig everywhere, but you never know with coachella security. and like i said, i dont want to lose my investment.

It should be allowed, since it's better for me, and better for those around me (no second hand smoke).

but yes, the uninitiated might think it's some kind of pipe for something else (especially in the context of coachella).
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I've haven't had any issues getting my eciggs in the last few years including the e-juice in dropper bottles and a few spare batteries. if they say anything just tell them it's an electronic cigarette and explain what it is and they should let you in without any hassle.

I usually explain that I have an ecigg and ejuice upfront before they search my purse so that they aren't shocked when they discover a strange electronic device. YMMV
    oh, and hey, congrats on quitting!
    thanks for the first hand experience sharing, I think I'll give it a shot. I'd hat eto go back to regular cigs for just one weekend.

I'd hope that you're not bothered for it. I smoked the E-Cig for a while but I realized instead of giving me enough nicotine to tide me over, it only gave me enough to crave a real smoke, so I just ended up smoking more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus McRider View Post
    I'd hope that you're not bothered for it. I smoked the E-Cig for a while but I realized instead of giving me enough nicotine to tide me over, it only gave me enough to crave a real smoke, so I just ended up smoking more.
    what kind of ecig did you have?

i started with a cheapo one, and found the same issue. then i started using a joye 510 with custom ejuice and it made a HUGE difference. I had a regular smoke with a friend last night, and hated it. tasted horrible.

come on wheres your will power? just stop smoking and take something for the headache till it goes away in a week. whats so hard about that?
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs January 11 - Muse January 21 - Cannabis Cup February 17 - UFC 157 February 23 - Coachella W1 - Rolling Stones May 15 - Tame Impala May 30 - Flying Lotus June 1- Infected Mushroom June 20 - EDC June 21-22 - Americanarama Aug. 3 - Queens of the Stone Age Aug. 17 - Black Sabbath Aug 28 & Sept. 3 - Dave Chappelle Sept. 15 - Nocturnal Wonderland Sept. 21 - the Dead Sept. 28 - NIN Nov. 8

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    come on wheres your will power? just stop smoking and take something for the headache till it goes away in a week. whats so hard about that?
    nicotine, while highly addicting, has little negative effects on your health. the thing that kills you with cigarettes is the actual inhaling of smoke (with the tars, etc)

while i have quit before, it's never taken. i enjoy my e-cig, and i don't get all the bad side effects of smoking (cancer, smelly breath, clothes, having to go outside to get a fix, worrying about disposing of butts).

and quitting has more side effects than just a headache. if that's all it was, more people would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post

i started with a cheapo one, and found the same issue. then i started using a joye 510 with custom ejuice and it made a HUGE difference. I had a regular smoke with a friend last night, and hated it. tasted horrible.
    I had a ripoff of the BLU or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    I actually stopped smoking once I stopped using the E-Cig, but I was never really that addicted. Smoked over a 6 month period, the peak was a pack per week, but other than that super stressful period I only smoked on weekends/at parties.

i started with a cheapo one, and found the same issue. then i started using a joye 510 with custom ejuice and it made a HUGE difference.
    agreed. the joye 510's are my favorite too. I have a collection of 10 in all the colors
    2012 2013

I love the e-cig. It made quitting very easy, and now I rarely even use the e-cig anymore. I had the same concerns of whether or not to bring mine to coachella though...I wouldn't want it taken away by security.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I've been following along to this thread and am now very curious about this. I've been smoking for about 4 years and would like to quit, but hate Nicorette (both patch and gum). I feel like this would be a good way to slowly ween myself off nicotine.

What model should I check out for a beginner? I saw you guys mentioned the joye 510, is that the preferred model for most?
    Jay Electronica 2011

I've tried three different models and the 510's are the best IMO. easy to refill so you don't have to buy those expensive prefilled cartridges from those online retailers and lots of accessories like USB passthroughs (so you can pull power from a computer) and charging cases. PLus they have a great selection of ejuice in all 4 strengths with like 200 flavors.

I usually buy from www.healthcabin.net
    2012 2013

agreed. the joye 510's are my favorite too. I have a collection of 10 in all the colors
    i started with the 510, but then i bought an eGo battery with built-in usb passthrough

what's nice is that it acts as passthrough AND charger, so it's 2in1 in that sense. the battery is better quality, last longer, and is more powerful. and the atomizer and carts from the 510 fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGoulet View Post
    I've been following along to this thread and am now very curious about this. I've been smoking for about 4 years and would like to quit, but hate Nicorette (both patch and gum). I feel like this would be a good way to slowly ween myself off nicotine.

What model should I check out for a beginner? I saw you guys mentioned the joye 510, is that the preferred model for most?
    Can't go wrong with any of these kits:

https://www.cignot.com/category_s/23.htm

and if anyone is considering those cheap kits from 7-11, blu, flea market, etc, those are junk. they break down, they don't make enough vapor, and taste awful. spend a little more and get a decent kit.

for e-liquid to refill, i can't recommend these guys enough:

vaporbomb.com

lot's of yummy flavors, and they mix to your preference and ship fast. plus they always throw an extra bottle as a free sample and sometimes other goodies like polyfill to replace in your carts.

FUCK CIGARETTES!

dirty, stinky, cancer ass

wtf
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

But those e ones.. will save your life
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

I've tried three different models and the 510's are the best IMO. easy to refill so you don't have to buy those expensive prefilled cartridges from those online retailers and lots of accessories like USB passthroughs (so you can pull power from a computer) and charging cases. PLus they have a great selection of ejuice in all 4 strengths with like 200 flavors.

I usually buy from www.healthcabin.net
    Kind of overwhelming looking at all of that. Which products do you need to get started, and how do you know which strength to start with?

Edit: Never mind, answered above.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Can't go wrong with any of these kits:

https://www.cignot.com/category_s/23.htm

and if anyone is considering those cheap kits from 7-11, blu, flea market, etc, those are junk. they break down, they don't make enough vapor, and taste awful. spend a little more and get a decent kit.

for e-liquid to refill, i can't recommend these guys enough:

vaporbomb.com

lot's of yummy flavors, and they mix to your preference and ship fast. plus they always throw an extra bottle as a free sample and sometimes other goodies like polyfill to replace in your carts.
    Thanks for the tips! Will definitely be giving these a try. My girlfriend is going to be stoked haha
    Jay Electronica 2011

one thing about health cabin is that they ship from asia, so if you buy there, it's cheaper but takes FOREVER to get your package. like weeks.

I used the Green Smoke. It was pricey, but it produces a lot of vapor (it makes smoking it feel very similar to smoking a real cigarette). It also has a disposible atomizer built in to every cartridge so you don't have to worry about the atomizer wearing out and having to replace it. The flavors are good and it has many nicotine levels to choose from. www.greensmoke.com , but like I said it was pretty pricey, but if you are really serious about quitting...I think it is money well spent.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

General White Portion Snus has kept me cig free for 8 months now....I would recommend it to anyone wanting to to stop smoking...
    Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    It's like KoRn and Aidz Needles make a crime to my ears!!

one thing about health cabin is that they ship from asia, so if you buy there, it's cheaper but takes FOREVER to get your package. like weeks.
    actually, their shipping is reasonably fast for me. I usually get my shipments within 10 days unless I order during chinese new year (which seems like it happens 12 times a year! lol).

I'm definitely going to give vaporbomb a try for my liquids.
    2012 2013