Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radiohead to tour this year???

Default Radiohead to tour this year???

Although it's highly unlikely to be a reality for Coachella this year (a girl can dream):

According to greenplastic.com:

We're going to have to keep this short and sweet for now: Radiohead should be touring the US sooner than you probably think. 'Nuff said!

Stay tuned.

Default Re: Radiohead to tour this year???

looks like they will be at Lolla this year...damn i need to find a way to get to Chicago!
    lollipops and crisps

seems to me they are done recording the album with all this tour talk and their European festivals. Hopefully it will be out in August.
    lollipops and crisps

this is the best birthday present a guy could ask for! wooohooo...

i wonder how greenplastic knows though? its not on deadairspace or atease....
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

old school

alot of rumors are pointing towards Radiohead as a headliner for Lolla this year.
    They are also saying the Pumpkins will be @ Lolla this year, making that lineup a bit insane as far as headliners.
    Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins ? Holy stuck in the 90s, Batman.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

kinda like coachella? lol...

on a serious note Lolla could be amazing this year though if they had SP, Radiohead and Daft as mentioned on a different thread...

Radiohead and Daft Punk would be compelling reasons to go to Lollapalooza, but I don't really think I can afford that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

when is it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Aug 3-5
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

in addition to saving up for coachella merch, i have already started a lolla fund. tickets first, then plane and hotel later. radiohead headlining would take the cake.

Woohoo! The one festival I don't have to travel for. A friend of mine was backstage for Lolla last year (he works with a radio station) and told me that he saw management (with a British accent) being shown around as if looking at real estate. He later found out it was Radiohead's people. I didn't take his statement too seriously until today when I saw this. Also, Radiohead have always said their favorite venue was playing in Grant Park here in 2001....they were denied playing Millenium Park last tour, maybe this is their chance. I just hope the rest of the lineup doesn't suck as much as it usually does....Radiohead deserves to be in the best company.
    Last edited by FakePlasticMe; 03-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.

this RULES....saving begins today in anticipation!

i just hope it's not the proper US tour. because I'll be in europe all summer.

oh well. the two shows I caught them at on the last stint couldn't be matched anyhow.

I'm trying to figure out how a one-sentence rumor about a US tour (no specifics) on a fansite turned into "Radiohead is playing Lollapalooza".
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Everyone knows The Police are headling Lollapalooza this year.

Haha, well we're not just basing this on the green plastic news....there have been other rumors mentioning them and Lollapalooza in the same sentence. This just adds to it.

i can't see them playing lolla. too corporate. I think this will be a mini tour prior to album release. a kind of warm up for new material. then a full tour (starting with europe) will kick off later after the album is released (rumor is august/fall).

the corporate statement is valid but they did play the V fest in england last year - ya can't get much more corp. than that...

it doesn't really matter though, seeing them on their own is just as good as at a fest...them paired with Daft would be wicked though

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    the corporate statement is valid but they did play the V fest in england last year - ya can't get much more corp. than that...

it doesn't really matter though, seeing them on their own is just as good as at a fest...them paired with Daft would be wicked though
    last summer, werent both radiohead and daft at pukkelpop...it would be great if they were to be at lolla this year.

oh ya - you're right...forgot about pukkelpop

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    i can't see them playing lolla. too corporate. I think this will be a mini tour prior to album release. a kind of warm up for new material. then a full tour (starting with europe) will kick off later after the album is released (rumor is august/fall).
    They already did that with their warm up, guinea pig audience tour last summer, remember?

This will be the real thing.

You beat me to the news Gina, now I need to save MORE money for shows.. FGEIDG#GRKFHTDSH

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticMe View Post
    They already did that with their warm up, guinea pig audience tour last summer, remember?

This will be the real thing.
    i'm not sure about that. they only tested out about a third of the songs that were a part of these sessions. I have a feeling there will be a short festival run this summer. then a fall full tour.

i'm not sure about that. they only tested out about a third of the songs that were a part of these sessions. I have a feeling there will be a short festival run this summer. then a fall full tour.
    that sounds about right to me...Lolla and some european festivals before the album is released and then start a tour in the fall and then they headline Coachella in 08
    lollipops and crisps

regardless. we'll find out in the next couple weeks. everyone remember that WASTE sells tickets normally DAYS after they announce the shows.

i'll never forget getting home from my 26 hour drive back from coachella to find that tickets had JUST gone on sale on waste at 3AM for the two berkeley shows.... and nabbing tickets to both days.... just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by AEversW View Post
    that sounds about right to me...Lolla and some european festivals before the album is released and then start a tour in the fall and then they headline Coachella in 08
    Radiohead never tours in the fall (in North America). Not since the Ok Computer days, all of the full-scale (and small scale) shows have been late Spring through very. very early Fall since 2000.

regardless. we'll find out in the next couple weeks. everyone remember that WASTE sells tickets normally DAYS after they announce the shows.

i'll never forget getting home from my 26 hour drive back from coachella to find that tickets had JUST gone on sale on waste at 3AM for the two berkeley shows.... and nabbing tickets to both days.... just perfect.
    Oh I know! It was my one saving grace from not going to Coachella last year (which nearly killed me). I was certainly happy I was home throughout the ticket fiasco. I even ended up meeting Thom at the show, so it was fate!

yeah i was so mad last year that i couldnt get tickets during the waste presale...i ended up payibng 300 dollars for two seats in the last row at the Greek in LA...well worth it though to hear Follow Me Around
    lollipops and crisps

I need to sign up for WASTE or something. For some reason, I get the yearly WASTE email about the new Radiohead calendar, but I don't get any emails about Radiohead concert tickets or whatever. Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

also, radiohead shows are always easy to pick up extra tickets at. always. I've done it several times. Radiohead fans tend to be nice and you can normally get tickets at face value if you show up early to converse with the die hards.

Amyzzz, they rarely send out emails. normally they send out a tour notification email, but more often than not, they don't say exactly when tickets go on sale.