Thread: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time

Arrow Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time
    11:21 PM, Jan. 26, 2011 | Comments

Written by Bruce Fessier

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival announced on Wednesday the fastest sellout its 12-year history.

No more general admission or VIP tickets are available for the April 15-17 event at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. Three-day passes went on sale Friday.

Promoter Paul Tollett of the Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice said he's “still a little stunned” by the quick sellout. Some online fans reacted negatively when the lineup — headlined by returning artists Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon and Kanye West — was announced after 9 p.m. on Jan. 18.

Tollett said 51,000 tickets were sold by Monday compared to the 11,000 purchased on the first weekend of sale last year. There was a quick succession of sellouts of car camping, tent camping and VIP tickets, but he said he's never announced tickets were going fast for fear it would seem like a sales trick.

Goldenvoice secured an Indio city permit for 75,000 concert-goers per day, matching last year's daily attendance, but Tollett said he planned to sell fewer tickets this year to reduce crowding. Goldenvoice also secured an additional 10 acres around the Empire Polo Club to add a new festival entrance and more concert and parking space than ever before.

The festival will add a small sixth stage near the Mojave and Sahara tents on the east side of the field for intimate types of music such as bass and drums, underground hip-hop and dubstep electronic music.

But even with the additional stage, Tollett said the festival grounds will seem much more spacious. He said the additional festival acreage will be the equivalent of more than eight football fields.

Coachella has been named Best Music Festival by the industry publication Pollstar more often than any other event this past decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Red face Re: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time

Coachella never sells out save your money Coachella vet.

Default Re: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time

Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Default Re: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time

Love the "bass and drums" as a type of music.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

We now have an answer regarding the Pure Filth stage placement. Thank god it won't be in the dreaded 09 dome area. Bass and Drums HERE I COME
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I love my bass and drums intimate. This is perfect.

exactly