Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gays* Only Thread

Default Re: The Gays* Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Like Dustin has so nicely done, I’d like to introduce myself too! My name is Josh – I’m from the inner bowels of hetero, Southern California and I really appreciate this thread. I’ve been going to Coachella since 2008.

I’m an 18 year old high school senior at a relatively liberal(ish) Catholic school. I’m pretty much out at school & to my parents too, & although there are plenty of drama gays, I really don’t fit in with them. I am a somewhat slight (small-boned/scrawny), Jewish guy. I’m not fat, but definitely a little soft, so guys aren’t necessarily throwing themselves at me. I’ve never been in a relationship before.

I volunteered at the LA Gay and Lesbian Center over the summer, which was an incredible experience. I met a lot of really great people including friend/boyfriend material. However, I live too far away from the center to keep driving in every week, and when school started, my gay social life ended. ☹ I created an OkCupid account too, but I agree that most of those “leads” end up being small talk and fall apart.

I enjoy reading this thread because I totally relate to you guys. I’ve met up with some hetero boardies at FYF over the summer and at Chemical Brothers @ Hollywood Bowl, but it would be great to meet up with some of y’all at Coachella.

Big gay boardy party for Presets on Sunday anyone?

7/24 - Stevie Wonder @ Hollywood Bowl
    8/6 - HARD - LA State Historic Park
    9/3 - FYF @ LA State Historic Park

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Ha ha ha ha. What on earth is that from? (And where can I get one?)

Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    Like Dustin has so nicely done, Iíd like to introduce myself too! My name is Josh Ė Iím from the inner bowels of hetero, Southern California and I really appreciate this thread. Iíve been going to Coachella since 2008.

Iím an 18 year old high school senior at a relatively liberal(ish) Catholic school. Iím pretty much out at school & to my parents too, & although there are plenty of drama gays, I really donít fit in with them. I am a somewhat slight (small-boned/scrawny), Jewish guy. Iím not fat, but definitely a little soft, so guys arenít necessarily throwing themselves at me. Iíve never been in a relationship before.

I volunteered at the LA Gay and Lesbian Center over the summer, which was an incredible experience. I met a lot of really great people including friend/boyfriend material. However, I live too far away from the center to keep driving in every week, and when school started, my gay social life ended. ☹ I created an OkCupid account too, but I agree that most of those ďleadsĒ end up being small talk and fall apart.

I enjoy reading this thread because I totally relate to you guys. Iíve met up with some hetero boardies at FYF over the summer and at Chemical Brothers @ Hollywood Bowl, but it would be great to meet up with some of yíall at Coachella.

Hey Josh! Welcome.

I have a few friends who work for the LA Center. Great resource for the community for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Ha ha ha ha. What on earth is that from? (And where can I get one?)
    that was from that Robert Rodriquez/Quentin Tarantino vampire movie where Juliette Lewis kicks some major ass and Salma Hayek is a stripper/vampire...name is escaping me right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Ah, thanks guys! I figured Tarantino had to be connected to something like that. I think I've got that one somewhere on my Netflix queue.

Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    Like Dustin has so nicely done, I’d like to introduce myself too! My name is Josh – I’m from the inner bowels of hetero, Southern California and I really appreciate this thread. I’ve been going to Coachella since 2008.

I’m an 18 year old high school senior at a relatively liberal(ish) Catholic school. I’m pretty much out at school & to my parents too, & although there are plenty of drama gays, I really don’t fit in with them. I am a somewhat slight (small-boned/scrawny), Jewish guy. I’m not fat, but definitely a little soft, so guys aren’t necessarily throwing themselves at me. I’ve never been in a relationship before.

I volunteered at the LA Gay and Lesbian Center over the summer, which was an incredible experience. I met a lot of really great people including friend/boyfriend material. However, I live too far away from the center to keep driving in every week, and when school started, my gay social life ended. ☹ I created an OkCupid account too, but I agree that most of those “leads” end up being small talk and fall apart.

I enjoy reading this thread because I totally relate to you guys. I’ve met up with some hetero boardies at FYF over the summer and at Chemical Brothers @ Hollywood Bowl, but it would be great to meet up with some of y’all at Coachella.

Hey there!! Thanks for sharing and great to "meet" you. I love the idea of a gay jew at Catholic school. What a rebel

I think the big gay boardie party is TBD at this point. Im imagining a few of them to happen throughout the weekend. Presets is a great idea, but im hoping for the biggest one to be at Scissor Sisters. Lets get crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Being as this is the first time that I have seen this thread I would just like to say that girls being allowed but straight men are not is fucking bullshit. Girls know a big bunch of fuck all about men, as a general statement. Asking a straight dude would yield much better results, in my opinion, than some chick.

No offense intended ladies but dicks know dicks even if they don't want to be with one.

More or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Kind of divided on the issue of racial preferenc. While I think a lot of it is just ridiculous racism, people honestly do have preferences. Different races generally have different features, and if you're not attracted to a certain races features as a whole, I can't really blame you. But there's always exceptions to every rule, and if you post something in an ad or profile saying "no blacks" or whatever without giving someone the chance to prove your tastes wrong, you're a fucking tool. And it's not just white guys. There's a lot of black guys out there who are only looking for "brothers."

There are certain races I tend to be more attracted to and ones I tend to be less attracted to, and not for cultural reasons, just based on pure physical appearance. It doesn't mean that everyone of the latter is unattractive, but that I see far less guys of that race that I'm attracted to than some other races. And let's not deceive ourselves, skin tone contributes to a person's overall appearance. So yeah, just saying "no (race) bother responding" is kind of scummy, although having somewhat flexible racial preferences doesn't strike me as inherently scummy.

Shut up breeders. Put out or get out. It's bad enough you go to gay bars to pick up on chicks.

Generalizations are fun!

white or hispanics that pass for white.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Straights can post in here if they post a picture of their happy trail (or if you're not particularly hirsute, where it would be otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Being as this is the first time that I have seen this thread I would just like to say that girls being allowed but straight men are not is fucking bullshit. Girls know a big bunch of fuck all about men, as a general statement. Asking a straight dude would yield much better results, in my opinion, than some chick.

No offense intended ladies but dicks know dicks even if they don't want to be with one.
    I think (though I can't speak for Sbessio) that this thread was created in the spirit of the "Girls Only" and "Bros Only" threads and I'm sure it was meant in a lighthearted manner. Anyway, that was the OP's call; certainly not an attitude I endorse in real life. Most of my friends are straight and when I go out, increasingly it's to more "omni-sexual" places where every stripe is represented.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Kind of divided on the issue of racial preferenc. While I think a lot of it is just ridiculous racism, people honestly do have preferences. Different races generally have different features, and if you're not attracted to a certain races features as a whole, I can't really blame you. But there's always exceptions to every rule, and if you post something in an ad or profile saying "no blacks" or whatever without giving someone the chance to prove your tastes wrong, you're a fucking tool. And it's not just white guys. There's a lot of black guys out there who are only looking for "brothers."

There are certain races I tend to be more attracted to and ones I tend to be less attracted to, and not for cultural reasons, just based on pure physical appearance. It doesn't mean that everyone of the latter is unattractive, but that I see far less guys of that race that I'm attracted to than some other races. And let's not deceive ourselves, skin tone contributes to a person's overall appearance. So yeah, just saying "no (race) bother responding" is kind of scummy, although having somewhat flexible racial preferences doesn't strike me as inherently scummy.
    Finally. Some civility in this discussion. Than you, SD.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post

I apologize for that. I never meant to sound all exclusive and elitist haha, I honestly was trying so hard to come up with a better thread title but I was drawing a blank at the moment and this name just kept popping up so I went with it.

Not to mention the fact that I assumed this was going to be bombed within the first page never to be taken seriously. Im really happy its become a place where we can talk and learn.

All are welcome. ESPECIALLY a fox like you, ONS. Ill slightly edit the first post.

A few of my best friends in the fucking galaxy are straight guys. They're very important to me
    Last edited by sbessiso; 01-31-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

wow can't believe how many straight men are getting offended .I just giggled at it once i saw salah made the thread.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

the asterisk stands for 'and straights'

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    wow can't believe how many straight men are getting offended .I just giggled at it once i saw salah made the thread.
    I don't think anybody is really getting offended. Well, I hope not anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Straights can post in here if they post a picture of their happy trail (or if you're not particularly hirsute, where it would be otherwise).
    seconded
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i don't think I want to tease Salah any more than I already have.

Also, this thread is really awesome. I hope it stays this way.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    i don't think I want to tease Salah any more than I already have.

Also, this thread is really awesome. I hope it stays this way.
    you dont wanna know the dirty things im going to do to you (and that beard)

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    you dont wanna know the dirty things im going to do to you (and that beard)
    get it, girl... don't be scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

and on a completely unrelated note, are you coming to coachella with your girlfriend, drinkey?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    and on a completely unrelated note, are you coming to coachella with your girlfriend, drinkey?
    Yes! And she is wonderfully delightful. I'll probably be wandering around by myself a lot though...
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

it's Tuesday...where's my 3some?

Do gay guys have to romance the butt, like straight guys have to do with some women, or can you usually just plow right in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

old school

hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Do gay guys have to romance the butt, like straight guys have to do with some women, or can you usually just plow right in there?
    as with some women...depends on how big a whore they are.

and how big the cock is as well.