Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2888

Thread: The Gays* Only Thread

Default Re: The Gays* Only Thread

Thats all understood but...how do we know these arent his thing if he's never really been to one? I guess im just gunna have to grow up and get over it even though ive always wanted to do something like this with you know, a lover. Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

some people have real problems with crowds.
    It's also a lot of stress getting all your shit together to go to an out of town festival.
    It could be worse, you could wind up having Coachella/and or your relationship ruined by having to deal with a crabby boyfriend the whole time.
    My boyfriend loves Coachella thankfully, but it seems like we spend at least half of it apart anyways.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I have many friends that LOVE to go to concerts and just flat out won't do festivals. It just really isn't for some people. I can't even get them to take a 5 minute subway ride to do FYF
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

just another one of these moments where I learn something about being in a relationship. Patience as well, im sure we'll both find something to do together as a little vacation.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Look at Zach and his wife, Salah. She never comes to fests and they're married! It can work, but I get where you're coming from. It's fun to share that experience with someone you love. You should be happy though that a) he's not controlling, so he's not telling YOU not to go b) he feels comfortable enough to express to you that he's not feeling it, rather than going along and possibly being miserable. There's a bright side!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

OK you're right. I was on that path of thinking but I just needed to hear it from someone

I'm too grown up to acknowledge what page we're on . . .

Anyway. Here's a thing: http://pitchfork.com/features/articl...invented-swag/
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

All that and no mention of Cazwell? For shame.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Cazwell, unf.

really, hunter? cazwell? i mean, he's got a good body, but i don't think he's all that. i guess different strokes kinda thing
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Just listened to MDNA. It's just dismal. I think it may be her worst album ever. And I'm including the soundtrack to Who's That Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Just listened to MDNA. It's just dismal. I think it may be her worst album ever. And I'm including the soundtrack to Who's That Girl.
    It took me a while to figure out what MDNA stood for.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by caeden View Post
    really, hunter? cazwell? i mean, he's got a good body, but i don't think he's all that. i guess different strokes kinda thing
    He's rly cute. Not so much into his music, and his personality is a little bit too queeny for me, but he's nice to look at.

ill be the judge of that

Nothing is worse than American Life. I've heard lots of positive feedback on MDNA and not just from the Madonna queens on my FB/twitter timeline.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

It's been 30 years. Surely she's gotten the attention daddy never gave her by now, right?

Also, my boy toy in Detroit just told me he's skipping DEMF to go to pride in Chicago. Which is fucking LAME. After he's cum like 10 times, he's totally gonna regret that decision.

Yes, well, I'm sure it will popular in the usual clubs but it falls flat for me. Lyrical content is never her strong point, but so many of these lyrics are just so painful, so forced. Pop music can be silly, of course, but the lyrics -- from the ballads to the club songs -- are just painful and charmless. I feel embarrassed listening to a 53 yr old woman constantly referring to herself as a "girl" in a voice that sounds more strained and pinched than I can recall. In one song, I forget which, she sings about how her lover "drives like James Dean" because, yeah, it would totally be hot for a guy to drive like James Dean. That should end well. Beyond that, the melodies have no life, the production on most of the songs feels horribly dated (and not in a knowing way). In spite of the "girl" references, I kind of liked the first single and "Love Spent" has a killer breakdown. The rest would have made pleasant b-sides.
    Last edited by RageAgainstTheAoki; 03-22-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Good write up Rage. It's true that you guys are not obligated to love every Madonna release simply because you're gay.
    last.fm

Edit: "I'm Addicted" is pretty good, too. Enough good songs for an ep.

Any chance I get to post this, I do. Skip to 7:10 for the relevant part.

I don't know, the woman just bugs me. She's even got some songs I like, although more often than not I find even her classic work chintzy and strained and hollow. I guess I've always resented my sexuality being somewhat defined by this ubiquitous opportunistic self absorbed diva. Before Lady Gaga, it was pretty much common knowledge that if you're gay, you have to be into Madonna, and I just wasn't, and I think it's created this overly strong backlash on my behalf. This was before I grew up and met other queers who had interesting diverse taste and realized there were plenty of people who fell outside the gay mainstream and wasn't a slave to the usual pop cultural landmarks. Some stuff I've been able to integrate into my life as being big G Gay and realize that it's ok to like something stereotypical if it's good. But with Madonna, my initial personal issues that distanced me from her got replaced by stuff like how much of a phony she is, how she's co-opted underground scenes, and how she throws away all sense of quality control in the quest to appear forever young and "with it." So, I kind of have a knee jerk reaction to diss her, and it's rooted in a lot of personal shame and turmoil, which makes me feel kind of guilty for ragging on her, but at the end of the day, she fucking earns it.

Uhhhh.....

Ha. Sorry. I had to get that out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Nothing is worse than American Life.
    Um, ex-CUSE me?!
    American Life is an awesome album.
    Matter of fact, aside from the CONFESSIONS TOUR audio (ripped from DVD, cause the CD that came with it only had half the show), and MUSIC, it's the one I listen to most.
    Last edited by HunterGather; 03-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Uhhhh.....
    Did he say something wrong? seemed like a fairly accurate analysis of Madonna to me....

its also interesting that in the younger generation of gay men I meet a lot of people who abhor what is considered typically "gay" music,
    I think a lot of it stems from the disdain of being stereotyped for your sexuality, "Yes I'm a homo, no I DONT like Madonna."

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Thats all understood but...how do we know these arent his thing if he's never really been to one? I guess im just gunna have to grow up and get over it even though ive always wanted to do something like this with you know, a lover. Lame
    Sorry but that seems like bullshit to me, when being in a relationship I expect my significant other to try new things or engage in things that may not typically be their forte, because I would do the same for my partner.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Sorry but that seems like bullshit to me, when being in a relationship I expect my significant other to try new things or engage in things that may not typically be their forte, because I would do the same for my partner.
    You're 100% correct, and he has opened himself up to new things. What I had to remember is patience and that its not everything all at once. We have plenty of time for these things and he's open to it, slow and steady

Also, Patrick you are such a fucking windbag

Lots of gays were out last night for The Ting Tings. This guy i've firted with at several shows over the last 6 months was there and it turns out he has a boyfriend...of 8 years and they just got 2 dogs. awkward. He's usually at shows by himself, but i guess the BF decided to tag along this time so we ended up getting introduced. oh well, i hope the past flirting lead to some hot sex for them when he got home.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

That's very charitable of you, Jorge. I might've wished a distressingly itchy social disease on him.

So... I was kinda wrong about MDNA. Well, only one track. The... advanced copy I heard had some random b-side (no idea what it is) labeled as "I'm Addicted". Every other track listing was accurate. Well, the real "I'm Addicted" is absolutely ace. If only she sounded this assured and if only the production were as strong on the other tracks. This one is going to be very popular in certain circles. It's also, blessedly, one of the few tracks in which she isn't attempting to sound 1/3 her age. She sounds like a proper, grown up woman here.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Also, Patrick you are such a fucking windbag
    If I were talking shit on Arcade Fire in the same manner, you'd be "QFT"ing all over the place, so shut it.

Another awesome vacation out of town, another boy I'm sorta falling for that I'll probably never really get to be with (this time with the same fucking birthday as me), but whatever. I had a good time anyway.