Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: People of Coachella

  1. #1

    Default People of Coachella

    I have come to the conclusion the reason the event sold out is because this year there is a new crowd at coachella. The event is becoming a rave to the candy kids. A party fest for the douchebags. and something cool to say your going to. No one really goes to listen to the bands that make coachella special. The biggest name at coachella i wish to see is bright eyes. i hope im wrong but last year was when coachella lost its edge (except for lcd soundsystems amazing set). I hope they take a more outsidelands approach and not spend all their money on bands like KOL and Kanye. and make a festival for the original coachella lovers.

  2. #2
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    not gonna happen.
    Last edited by tmac; 01-26-2011 at 04:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Member fredbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Santa Ana
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Cool story.....

  4. #4
    old school LickTheLizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chandler
    Posts
    2,559

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Why is this in the line-up section?
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

  5. #5
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Total Douchery

  6. #6

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

  7. #7

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    its in the lineup section because coachellas lineup reinvent coachella. and to the cool story. it's cool story bro. and im just angry that its sold out because of said lineup.

  8. #8

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    and i did get my ticket and i have a place to camp. im not mad just dissapointed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by abcredundant View Post
    its in the lineup section because coachellas lineup reinvent coachella. and to the cool story. it's cool story bro. and im just angry that its sold out because of said lineup.
    (^_^)/'')

  10. #10
    Member wstsidela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,734

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Your conclusion is asinine. Let us do the thinking. You're obviously out of your element.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Kings of Leon headlined Outside Lands like six months ago and if you arent a 12 year old girl Bright Eyes is embarrassing to listen to/tell people you want to see.

    Your argument is therefore invalid, son.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    — Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

  12. #12
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,281

    Thumbs down Re: People of Coachella

    I came in here expecting our version of peopleofwalmart.com
    WTF is this!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  13. #13
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Look at the Undercard there are so many bands there for people who dont like the headliners. I don't like any of the headliners accept Arcade Fire and most of my time will be spent watching other bands. This is an amazing line up and the more you look at it the more gems you find.

  14. #14

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    I love when people get uppity about a fucking music festival, it's literally entirely hedonistic in every possible way except some people try to get all high and mighty about it. If you can somehow explain why you're deserving of this party whereas candy kids (who, I might add, probably don't have $400 bucks each) don't I'd LOVE TO HEAR YOUR EXPLANATION.

  15. #15
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Kings of Leon headlined Outside Lands like six months ago and if you arent a 12 year old girl Bright Eyes is embarrassing to listen to/tell people you want to see.

    Your argument is therefore invalid, son.
    In Full Agreement

  16. #16

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by abcredundant View Post
    ). I hope they take a more outsidelands approach and not spend all their money on bands like KOL and Kanye. and make a festival for the original coachella lovers.
    lolllllll

    http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/lineup2010/kings-of-leon/

  17. #17
    Member BeaverCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    30 minutes from Coachella
    Posts
    729

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Blame Caifanes....seriously. Mexichella 2011!
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

  18. #18
    Member Voodoo Hipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    I Dont Agree with you at all. We are all young when we start and old by the time we are done, there have always been doucebags and it's always been cool to go to Coachella

    i have gone since 2004 and this is my fave lineup since my first one (second is 09). My biggest band is The Kills, they are the reason I bought my tix day 1 and not day 2

  19. #19
    Member wstsidela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,734

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Owned!! Nice one, Trick
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

  20. #20

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    im sorry i like bright eyes. and i like the lineup. outsidelands is not nearly as douchey or candy as coachella. im bitter i realize this. just wait till april 18th when half the people on here are complaining about the crowd and the people of coachella. and how its a different festival then it was in years past.

  21. #21
    Member alleysin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    I came in here expecting our version of peopleofwalmart.com
    WTF is this!
    Haha, its a damn shame huh?!
    ___________________________


    ALL OF THE GOOD. GIVE ME ALL OF THE GOOD.



    Coachella '04, '06, '09, '10, '11

  22. #22

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    sorry you don't have $300 in your bank account

  23. #23
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    How could you hate on a festival that gets PJ Harvey, Lauryn Hill, Duran Duran, and Big Audio Dynamite? and to think you are worried about Bright Eyes!! credibility!!!

  24. #24

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    i know you think outside lands is awesome because it's the first festival your mommy and daddy let you go to, but it was more of a clusterfuck than i've ever experienced at coachella. at least the first year...only one i attended.

  25. #25

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    i think im going to just make this into a people of coachella thread now.

    Last edited by abcredundant; 01-26-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: invalid link

  26. #26

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    I went last year for the first time and it was a life changing experience. I spent a lot of money last year and it was because I needed to see certain bands. I am also spending a lot of money this year because I need to see Caifanes. to me it is totally about the music not how "cool" it is.

  27. #27
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,898

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by abcredundant View Post
    I have come to the conclusion the reason the event sold out is because this year there is a new crowd at coachella. The event is becoming a rave to the candy kids. A party fest for the douchebags. and something cool to say your going to. No one really goes to listen to the bands that make coachella special. The biggest name at coachella i wish to see is bright eyes. i hope im wrong but last year was when coachella lost its edge (except for lcd soundsystems amazing set). I hope they take a more outsidelands approach and not spend all their money on bands like KOL and Kanye. and make a festival for the original coachella lovers.
    There aren't many of us and i don't think you want to give us that power.

  28. #28
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Last Year I Got to See Fever Ray, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Orbital and no douches, candy kids, or anyone else was going to stop that. Its about people having fun and enjoying themselves. If you don't know how to do that then a music festival isn't for you!!! Respect others and and have a good time.

  29. #29
    Member joppy-slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    smittens
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Coachella deserved to sell out in 6 days this year.. You will not find a better undercard line up at any festival this year.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

    2013 EDM wishlish (please):

    classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

  30. #30
    Member rag and bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    BKN
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: People of Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by abcredundant View Post
    I have come to the conclusion the reason the event sold out is because this year there is a new crowd at coachella. The event is becoming a rave to the candy kids. A party fest for the douchebags. and something cool to say your going to. No one really goes to listen to the bands that make coachella special. The biggest name at coachella i wish to see is bright eyes. i hope im wrong but last year was when coachella lost its edge (except for lcd soundsystems amazing set). I hope they take a more outsidelands approach and not spend all their money on bands like KOL and Kanye. and make a festival for the original coachella lovers.
    Oh, the irony...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
  2. do people have sex at coachella?
    By odelayer in forum Questions
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 09:00 AM
  3. 3 People need ride LAX to Coachella
    By Yono38 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
  5. People I want to see at Coachella
    By DeadSkin in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •