Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forced shuttle pass

Default Forced shuttle pass

Moving some of the parking to the tennis gardens is a great idea. However, I just had to buy a ticket with shuttle pass for someone camping with me.

Is there going to be a market for these passes? Do you think people will be willing to pay to avoid the congestion and just park at the Tennis Gardens? If I could recover even part of the $50, I'd be happy.

Default Re: Forced shuttle pass

The best I could do!

Complete wristband details will be posted in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Moving some of the parking to the tennis gardens is a great idea. However, I just had to buy a ticket with shuttle pass for someone camping with me.

Is there going to be a market for these passes? Do you think people will be willing to pay to avoid the congestion and just park at the Tennis Gardens? If I could recover even part of the $50, I'd be happy.
    Although I'm camping, if I weren't, I'd be a willful participant of the shuttle option. So to answer your question, I think it's going to be relatively popular. I don't think you'll recover face, however. I'd pay maybe $10.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Really, I just hate to see it go to waste. I hope they don't have a bunch of half empty buses running around.

Also...

They are forcing people to buy the shuttle pass - I would say this shows that they won't sell out and you are unlikely to find a taker. Your buddy got assessed a $55 slowness tax.

Assuming it's not a special wristband good only at that location ...

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    They are forcing people to buy the shuttle pass - I would say this shows that they won't sell out and you are unlikely to find a taker. Your buddy got assessed a $55 slowness tax.
    Yes, it's a slowness tax, but it appears that they are required to sell at least 15,000 shuttle passes. That would include the hotel shuttles they already sold. Doesn't indicate anything about ticket sales, other than they have already sold 60,000 or whatever.

And there still could be people who already have tickets who don't want to deal with traffic. I'm sure I will find a taker to use it, even if I just give it to a friend.

And there still could be people who already have tickets who don't want to deal with traffic. I'm sure I will find a taker to use it, even if I just give it to a friend.
    Yep.

If theirs no more available parking on site, i'm sure their will be a decent market for people looking for a place to park and willing to pay. These parking lots outside the festival will probably have some sort of security 24hrs a day and I am only just assuming, but I bet they will let you park overnight if you decide to stay at the campsites?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Assuming it's not a special wristband good only at that location ...
    I did some investigation this morning.

According to the event info page, there are five shuttle lines, tickets for which are sold seperately. These would probably have different wristbands so that it's easily visible who can use which line.

It appears that the combo tickets are just for one of these lines - the Indian Wells line.

This is a different type of shuttle, in the sense that the purpose is to move cars out of the parking lot (versus convenience for hotel guests.) I remember there were some questions about being allowed to park at the shuttle locations if you were not a guest at the hotel ...

I would not assume the shuttle "things" are transferable until we get some more information.

edit aphrael quotes me correctly below - I added some more as soon as I hit save because I knew what was going to happen. Not fast enough lol. The board is hot these days it's fun.
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 01-26-2011 at 11:01 AM.

i fucking live in La Quinta. GOD. DAMNIT.
    LIL' B

This is a different type of shuttle.
    Based on what?

The tickets page says:

A SHUTTLE PASS includes transportation to and from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Shuttles run from 11am to 90 minutes after the show ends. There will be multiple trips throughout the day. “Bus Counselors” will be on hand to assist you getting to and from the festival with ease. They are comfortable and convenient. Shuttles will have their own route and drop off at the festival gate. Think of it as your own designated driver.
    The event info page says:
    Take the convenient shuttle to and from the festival each day. We will be making multiple trips from each hotel, so if you want to go early and hang out at the festival, or stick around and soak up the sun at your hotel, we've got you covered. If you want to go back in the middle of the day, or at anytime, we'll be ready to whisk you back to your hotel with ease. We will also have "Shuttle Counselors" at the festival site to assist you getting to and from the show with ease! All shuttle riders must have shuttle pass AND festival pass. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    And then describes the line:

Indian Wells Line:
    Hyatt Grand Champions
    Renaissance Esmerelda
    Miramonte Resort

The three hotels listed are at the Indian Wells Golf Course, which is about 2/3 of a mile down the road from the Tennis Garden.

The shuttle price on the event info page is the same price as the added cost of the package.

The sites use the *same phrase* to describe both and do not explicitly distinguish them.

Now, it's *possible* that they run a seperate line operated by a seperate company to go to a place that's just a little bit down the road ... but the administrative overhead of running seperate lines operated by seperate companies is expensive.

It seems far more likely that they subcontract out the entire shuttle operation, and that the package "shuttle pass" behaves just like the other shuttle passes.

(It *might* be a different line, running essentially the same route ... but even that seems unlikely from a cost perspective).

The additional shuttle pass to me seems illegal.
    I don't think they can legally force people to buy a secondary item.

I know right now they are...but I'm guessing a quick attorney call to them will be changing things.

I can easily see a class action suit taking place after the festival and EVERYONE who was forced to buy the add on being refunded the full amount.

If you go to a restaurant and want a burger they can't force the meal deal on you.

This won't be up for long...and was a bad PR move on many many levels.

Just because people don't want the shuttle service doesn't mean you should force it down our throats...we're not 3 years old not eating our veggies.

If we choose to drive...you are making 200 million...have traffic controllers ready to go...at $8.00 an hour there are many people that'll assist.

Again we will hear of a future class action law suit...bet on it...and those forced into it keep your ears open and jump into it.

There isn't an attorney alive that doesn't want a piece of the amount GV pulls in.

70k people at $269 each = $18,830,000 and that doesn't include the cash made from camping, beer, shirts and the rest.

They pull in over $25-30 million on 3 days.

Get your traffic control problem worked out before you start slicing us for more cash for an item we don't want.

Sincerely,
    fans
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    If theirs no more available parking on site, i'm sure their will be a decent market for people looking for a place to park and willing to pay. These parking lots outside the festival will probably have some sort of security 24hrs a day and I am only just assuming, but I bet they will let you park overnight if you decide to stay at the campsites?
    Not the point...I already have a car camping pass. This person is riding/camping with me.

I guess my situation will be rare...

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Wondering this too. Can you park near the hotels/indian gardens all 3 days and then just camp?

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post

I know right now they are...but I'm guessing a quick attorney call to them will be changing things.

I can easily see a class action suit taking place after the festival and EVERYONE who was forced to buy the add on being refunded the full amount.

Sincerely,
    fans
    Fuck you, you are what is wrong with this country. Fuck anyone that ever calls a lawyer for anything other than protect themselves. You don't need to protection from a free market. If you don't like what they are selling, don't buy it.

Their contract with the city requires it. Makes more sense to sell it to the last 15,000 than the first 15,000.

EDIT- also, they gave people the OPTION of buying a hotel shuttle first. But everyone's gotta drive their own car, right? Not cool to ride the bus. Rather wait three hours to get out of a parking lot than be on a bus. Assholes. So, since not enough people bought the hotel passes, now they have to offer this.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 01-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BettySpaghetti View Post
    Wondering this too. Can you park near the hotels/indian gardens all 3 days and then just camp?
    Of course.

EDIT, wait, I guess I don't know if overnight parking is allowed, but probably.

The shuttle is a great idea if you are at the specific places. I'm at a Palm Springs hotel so I would need to take a cab or rent a car to get to the shuttle location.

Doesn't make sense.

If you go to a restaurant and want a burger they can't force the meal deal on you.

Just because people don't want the shuttle service doesn't mean you should force it down our throats...we're not 3 years old not eating our veggies.

If we choose to drive...you are making 200 million...have traffic controllers ready to go...at $8.00 an hour there are many people that'll assist.

Again we will hear of a future class action law suit...bet on it...and those forced into it keep your ears open and jump into it.

There isn't an attorney alive that doesn't want a piece of the amount GV pulls in.

70k people at $269 each = $18,830,000 and that doesn't include the cash made from camping, beer, shirts and the rest.

Get your traffic control problem worked out before you start slicing us for more cash for an item we don't want.

Sincerely,
    fans
    It's really unbelievable how stupid you are.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If that's all they are selling and all others are sold out I'm pretty sure they can.

The point of this shuttle is not transportation. It's parking elsewhere.

Bundling is generally only illegal if you have a monopoly in the relevant market and are using the bundling to crowd out the competition.

Which is to say: if there were some other company making money selling shuttle passes and GV used its monopoly over the event to force people to buy their shuttle passes and thereby put the competition out of business, then there might be a legal case. (I say might because I don't think GV actually qualifies for legal monopoly status here - the relevant market would be larger than just the single festival).

But that's not happening.

So there's no legal issue with it under anti-trust law.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I think you have overly optimistic views of the outcome of class actions. If there were a legal basis for such a suit, the likely outcome would be that the firm which brought the class action would get the bulk of the settlement, and the consumers would get a discount of $20 off of their next purchase.

Of course they can.

Restaurants do this all the time.

Of course.

EDIT, wait, I guess I don't know if overnight parking is allowed, but probably.
    Yeah I'm more concerned about overnight. I do have a car companion pass, but I think I'd prefer to park away from the fest grounds.

The point of this shuttle is not transportation. It's parking elsewhere.
    This

So are you a moron EDM fan or a teenager? So hard to tell on these forums.

BTW - since Coach can charge whatever they want for the tix, there is no cause of action for tying the fest pass purchase to a shuttle pass ticket. Don't like it, don't come to the festival.

What this really sucks for is people who have local accomodations or people who are going with someone who is driving, but haven't bought tickets, and now have to pay a $50 fee for, essentially, nothing.

Sincerely,
    fans
    I agree. Coachella was all messed up this year. First, they should have made it so you buy a camping pass WITH your ticket so scalpers couldn't buy all the camping passes. Second, I will be camping, so I don't need a shuttle to anywhere. I'm pissed about the extra charges.

Sincerely,
    fans

yeah, no. there are certain industries that are prohibited from bundling, but for the most part there is no legal obligation to provide "a la carte" to consumers.

if that were the case, there would be no cable packaging or "prix fixe" meals.

in short: stop posting
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by RockStr4Life View Post
    I agree. Coachella was all messed up this year. First, they should have made it so you buy a camping pass WITH your ticket so scalpers couldn't buy all the camping passes. Second, I will be camping, so I don't need a shuttle to anywhere. I'm pissed about the extra charges.
    wait, wait.

So you're saying that they SHOULD bundle camping with tickets, but SHOULD NOT bundle shuttles with tickets?

Nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket fucktard.