Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 533

Thread: SOLD OUT

  1. #241
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by beergarden View Post
    got our tickets this morning just before they added the shuttle thingy. which would have made no sense for us given we are renting a house walking distance from the place
    LOL. Me too. I've had my place booked since September but was going to wait until the 27th or so to buy tix because thats when my AMEX statement billing period ends (e.g. then giving me 60 instead of 30 days to pay for the tix).

    Only because of the panic on the boards and finding that there was no extra fee for layaway did I pick them up on Saturday.

  2. #242
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz/San Jose
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    I'm betting scalpers went after all the GA after the camping sports became so valuable.

  3. #243

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by eimie View Post
    Rosemont17 is right about waiting closer to event time for ticket prices. I learned my lesson the hard way. When Coachella sold out in 2007 thanks to RATM, I immediately panicked and looked on eBay, where market price was just around double. I snatched a 3-day from there. When the week of the event finally rolled around, I saw a ton of tickets being dumped on CL for face value or less.

    In summary, if the tickets sell out on you, don't bother looking for them until early April at the earliest. That is because most of the stuff on eBay right now is obviously from greedy scalpers, while last minute auctions/posts are most likely from actual concert-goers who had to drop out last minute. Sure, there may still be inflated prices in the final week, but there ARE also normal folk who just wanna recover their money without any hassle or haggling. For instance, while camping ticket prices were still through the roof last year, a friend of mine still managed to find a girl on CL who sold her extra car camping for face value.
    If you are local playing the waiting game can be beneficial. I do this all the time for LA concerts. Wait until the day before and then get discounted ticket on criaglist.

    But the problem is Coachella is more than just a ticket
    a.) you need a place to stay for what a min of 2 nights (Fri, Sat)
    b.) it is not a one night thing it is a three day thing (ie need to plan this around work schedule)

    thus many people can not wait until the last second.

    What I would recommend is
    a.) Wait a few weeks (this removes the panic buyers from the market- these buyers increase the price).
    b.) Have a set # you are willing to pay and look for it from mid February to mid march.

  4. #244
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,158

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Once VIP and camping both sold out within days of the general onsale, it became pretty evident that tickets would go really early this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

  5. #245

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by SFtoLA View Post
    I'm betting scalpers went after all the GA after the camping sports became so valuable.
    Or you can quit blaming the scalpers and "blame" the popularity of Coachella. We're talking about 75,000 tickets here - any scalping, no matter how aggressive, is hardly going to cause a dent against those numbers.

  6. #246
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,645

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    Once VIP and camping both sold out within hours of the general onsale, it became pretty evident that tickets would go really early this year.
    fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  7. #247

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    back when there were single day tickets, you could roll up to the venue the day of and pay face or a little less. last year, the first year of only 3 day passes, was an epic shit show if you were trying to buy near the venue the day of.

  8. #248
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Or you can quit blaming the scalpers and "blame" the popularity of Coachella. We're talking about 75,000 tickets here - any scalping, no matter how aggressive, is hardly going to cause a dent against those numbers.
    QFT


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  9. #249

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Lets blame everything on the scalpers and not take any responsibility for ourselves!

  10. #250
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,873

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    is overnight parking available at the Indian Wells Tennis Club, or must you move your car every night?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  11. #251
    Member Voodoo Hipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    is overnight parking available at the Indian Wells Tennis Club, or must you move your car every night?
    I am going to take a educated guess and say you must move your car every night...this is not companian parking or advertised as overnight parking, so yes I would say you probably have to move out by 3am.

  12. #252
    Member TheClares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    614

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Assuming they are selling 75K tickets again, and 60K regular GA passes sold out, there is no way there is even close to 15K shuttle/GA passes left. If 10% or people bought shuttle passes with there tickets, then 6K are gone. If 20% did, 12K sold, and there might have only been 3K left. This doesn't even take into account the panic buying going on today. Nor the possibility that Goldenvoice is selling less than 75K, although I think that the shuttles, new wristband distribution, square mile restriction, acquisition of additional space, no RV camping (and I suspect less tent camping), and the elimination of volunteers are the actions that Paul Tollett was ultimately talking about when he spoke about addressing the clusterfuck and attendance issues from last year.

    I do car camping, but I can tell you for sure, especially after hearing about the parking lot clusterfucks of last year, there isn't a chance in hell I would buy a ticket without a shuttle pass if I weren't camping. I suspect many people stuck in those lines in and out thought the same thing.

    If these tickets don't sell out today, then I can hardly imagine them lasting through tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

  13. #253
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,873

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    I thought so too, just wanted another opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  14. #254
    Member citizenerased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    2,490

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    I thought so too, just wanted another opinion.
    off topic, but Tame Impala is playing Friday not Sunday.

  15. #255
    Member TheClares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    614

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    If you want to sell your shuttle passes, wait until Friday late afternoon. Stand near the entrance with a sign... "Don't want to wait in those lines again for the parking lot on Saturday or Sunday... Shuttle Passes... $100".
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

  16. #256

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    ... the actions that Paul Tollett was ultimately talking about when he spoke about addressing the clusterfuck and attendance issues from last year.
    Does anybody have a link to PT's statement(s)? I apparently missed out on some good info straight from the horse's mouth.

  17. #257

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    If you are local playing the waiting game can be beneficial. I do this all the time for LA concerts. Wait until the day before and then get discounted ticket on criaglist.

    But the problem is Coachella is more than just a ticket
    a.) you need a place to stay for what a min of 2 nights (Fri, Sat)
    b.) it is not a one night thing it is a three day thing (ie need to plan this around work schedule)

    thus many people can not wait until the last second.

    What I would recommend is
    a.) Wait a few weeks (this removes the panic buyers from the market- these buyers increase the price).
    b.) Have a set # you are willing to pay and look for it from mid February to mid march.
    This is not just some ordinary concert. Waiting to get a "discounted ticket" on craiglist won't really work. I don't think waiting a few weeks will help at all... 1. more people will have more money to spend and 2. more people will learn about coachella as we get closer to April, thus increasing the demand for tickets. A reasonable set # to pay for a ticket will be close to twice the face value. Last year after tickets sold out, no one I knew was able to obtain a ticket for less than 2 times the face value..so my advice is BUY NOW!

  18. #258
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Does anybody have a link to PT's statement(s)? I apparently missed out on some good info straight from the horse's mouth.
    Not gonna look up the link now but it was an interview with LA Weekly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  19. #259
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Another good question, as far as selling shuttle passes, is this:

    You have to pick up your shuttle wristband at "will call" = the hotel you bought your pass for. Do the will call people just put the wristband on your hand? Cause if so, that might make it a little trickier to sell to someone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  20. #260

  21. #261
    Member Rosemont17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A Ghost
    Posts
    803

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    if your a dumbass that pays 600 for a ticket then thats your business.

    you panic, scalpers win

    you dont panic and do research, you will win.

    just take a old school chill pill and relax people!

  22. #262
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    From Goldenvoice Twitter:

    @GoldenvoiceSF
    if you’re planning on attending Coachella this year, you best beg, borrow or steal a credti card immediately. Get... http://fb.me/PyVpTQoq

  23. #263
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,846

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    If you want to sell your shuttle passes, wait until Friday late afternoon. Stand near the entrance with a sign... "Don't want to wait in those lines again for the parking lot on Saturday or Sunday... Shuttle Passes... $100".
    yeah so i'm trying to figure this one out. which will be worse -- waiting to exit the parking lot or sitting forever on a slow, crowded shuttle bus?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  24. #264
    Lurker Rorschach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    Back in my day, we used to just walk straight up to the ticket booth and buy a single day pass at the grounds.
    Win.

  25. #265
    Member MistaGlitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    yeah so i'm trying to figure this one out. which will be worse -- waiting to exit the parking lot or sitting forever on a slow, crowded shuttle bus?
    rather be in a party bus

  26. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    simi valley
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    :-( I don't know what to do, if any buddy has an extra ticket @ face value let me know because I cant afford the 361$ there selling for right now on TM. So I might end up trying to buy my tickets at Coachella.... Please help if you can, if any one of your friends cancels and cant go think of me!!!

  27. #267
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    rather be in a party bus
    For sure - someone else is driving for you, everyone on the bus is still in a party buzz. Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than sitting in traffic while driving (and presumably sober enough to drive).

  28. #268
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,152

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    I just walked across campus and heard multiple people on the phone freaking out about trying to buy last minute tickets. And one douchey guy on the phone bragging about how he had offers for up to $300 for a Coachella camping pass. Jesus.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  29. #269
    Member gimmenow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by familyguy420 View Post
    :-( I don't know what to do, if any buddy has an extra ticket @ face value let me know because I cant afford the 361$ there selling for right now on TM. So I might end up trying to buy my tickets at Coachella.... Please help if you can, if any one of your friends cancels and cant go think of me!!!
    You won't be able to get within 1 mile radius of the festival without a wristband

  30. #270

    Default Re: SOLD OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I just walked across campus and heard multiple people on the phone freaking out about trying to buy last minute tickets. And one douchey guy on the phone bragging about how he had offers for up to $300 for a Coachella camping pass. Jesus.
    did you assault him? if not, why not?

Similar Threads

  1. nothing is sold out
    By paulct in forum Passes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 02:26 AM
  2. Sold Out!
    By eljefe in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 03:43 PM
  3. Sold out, so im going by myself now.
    By ToddThaGod in forum Questions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
  4. as of 9:15 tix are sold out
    By longbeach90803 in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
  5. SOLD OUT??????
    By Pixiessp in forum Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •