Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

Default Re: SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    I treat Coachella as a vacation, so I expect to have to pay a lot.
    Ah, but if you keep expenses down, you can have more vacations.

My guess is that overall I pay $700, including food, water, and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    Can I put my 2012 ticket on layaway right now?
    Can I put my 2012-2022 camping/ticket on layaway right now?

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    So there are 15,000 tickets left? Cool, I'm gonna wait another couple months before buying.
    I bought a hotel shuttle pass long ago. I can't be the only one so I doubt there were 15,000 left this morning. That said, I can see the value in the pass I bought because I don't have to drive at all.

A shuttle to remote parking, however, isn't a perk. I'd consider it to be worse than parking onsite if I was going to drive to the polo grounds anyway. Sure, maybe it will help with overall traffic, but that's something that should just be factored into the general expense of running the festival when they decide ticket prices. Once the main lots fill, you get directed to a remote lot and have to board a shuttle--and they could encourage people to use the remote lots on their own to spread out traffic for those who might prefer it.

The way they're doing it here is like charging someone on an airplane extra to sit in the middle seat. And since most of those people probably won't bother to park in the remote lot and just look at it as a tax on the ticket price for waiting too long, it's not going to help traffic much at all. So if the main lots fill up will they be directing people who didn't pay that extra $50 to a remote lot?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    Can I put my 2012-2022 camping/ticket on layaway right now?

thats a tall order
    cool out lol

i still im seraching for one more car camp pass

Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    Yes, but has that portion ever been depleted?
    not for admission tickets...

but yes, i imagine that will change next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    Can I put my 2012 ticket on layaway right now?
    it's called a savings account.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

I'm also spending $1,500 but I treat Coachella as a vacation, so I expect to have to pay a lot. Some people go to Cabo. Some people go to Cancun. Some people go to Las Vegas. I go to Coachella.
    same here!

it is confusing as to what exactly a shuttle pass is. if it is from nearby hotels to the event, and i was staying at one of said hotels, i'd see a lot of value in it.
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Me and My wife are starting a Coachella savings account. Some money each month put away to buy tickets every year.

I get so mad at my friends who don't get tickets right away, fucking slackers man...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    except you're not being forced to do anything. you waited until now to buy, this is what you get. of course if it's that much of an indignity, you could, like, not go.
    Except if I want to go, (I already booked a hotel/flight 5 months ago) I'm being forced to buy a shuttle pass now. At the least, I wish they had specified that GA 3-day passes were in short supply, and that we would have to buy shuttle passes if we failed to buy soon.

I don't know if you cut off the rest of my post, but I said I learned my lesson. I bought my ticket, but this is going to be one more reason for my friends to say, "it's too much money." Instead of carpooling in my rental, we will collectively have to cough up $250 for shuttles. Oh well.

I'm also spending $1,500 but I treat Coachella as a vacation, so I expect to have to pay a lot. Some people go to Cabo. Some people go to Cancun. Some people go to Las Vegas. I go to Coachella.
    i'm not spending nearly as much, but yes, for me it's a vacation. and i live in socal.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Ah, but if you keep expenses down, you can have more vacations.

My guess is that overall I pay $700, including food, water, and gas.
    Your forgetting drug money
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Banned

To everyone who is bitching about GV forcing you to buy tickets. STFU

This year they announced the dates way back in August which gave you enough time to secure a place to stay.

They gave you the option of buying tickets since December. If you didn't move on this quickly it's your own damn fault.

Now I understand some of us have bills to pay or no job and I sympathize. Seriously though if your 21 + you should at least have $150 saved by the time Coachella lay away went on sale. If you didn't your lame and should really learn to save money.

I've been going since 2004 and I never wait for the line up to be released. I have such a fucking awesome time every year that I don't care who headlines I save my money and buy my tickets and get my place asap.

That is all.

my budget is 1200-1300 for 2 people and we meet it each year including tickets. just gotta do the hustle!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnbmunke View Post
    To everyone who is bitching about GV forcing you to buy tickets. STFU

This year they announced the dates way back in August which gave you enough time to secure a place to stay.

They gave you the option of buying tickets since December. If you didn't move on this quickly it's your own damn fault.

Now I understand some of us have bills to pay or no job and I sympathize. Seriously though if your 21 + you should at least have $150 saved by the time Coachella lay away went on sale. If you didn't your lame and should really learn to save money.

I've been going since 2004 and I never wait for the line up to be released. I have such a fucking awesome time every year that I don't care who headlines I save my money and buy my tickets and get my place asap.

That is all.
    AMEN!!

I don't understand why more people don't want to take shuttles in the first place. I'm staying with 12 people in a house this year in Palm Desert and all of us bought shuttle passes. We're gonna drive over to the hotel and shuttle it over to the venue. The facts that they have separate routes into the festival so they're not sitting in traffic, they drop you off closer to the the front gates, and it only takes about 20 minutes to get on a shuttle heading back to the hotel at the end of the night make it SO much more appealing than sitting in traffic for 2-3 hours every night like we did last year. That way, we get back home quicker and can hop in the pool for a night swim and night caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I just had to tie up $371 buying a ticket for a friend that is lagging on it, hopefully he will be able to pay me back soon.

I wonder, are they checking wristbands prior to getting on the shuttle?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Me and My wife are starting a Coachella savings account. Some money each month put away to buy tickets every year.
    if you stuffed into an account at least US$2.00 into an account everyday, you'd have enough for tickets in less than a year. of course that's not counting airfare, lodging, food, etc.

but like i said in another thread, budgeting for coachella is like anything else, when you're going to make a purchase, ask yourself "is this latte now worth no coachella next year?"

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    I don't understand why more people don't want to take shuttles in the first place. I'm staying with 12 people in a house this year in Palm Desert and all of us bought shuttle passes. We're gonna drive over to the hotel and shuttle it over to the venue. The facts that they have separate routes into the festival so they're not sitting in traffic, they drop you off closer to the the front gates, and it only takes about 20 minutes to get on a shuttle heading back to the hotel at the end of the night make it SO much more appealing than sitting in traffic for 2-3 hours every night like we did last year. That way, we get back home quicker and can hop in the pool for a night swim and night caps.
    They do this for the Wildhorse campers at Sasquatch. Loooove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    it is confusing as to what exactly a shuttle pass is.
    Agreed. They could do a much better job with definitions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    They do this for the Wildhorse campers at Sasquatch. Loooove it.
    Yeah but it's not a $50 add-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    Except if I want to go, (I already booked a hotel/flight 5 months ago) I'm being forced to buy a shuttle pass now. At the least, I wish they had specified that GA 3-day passes were in short supply, and that we would have to buy shuttle passes if we failed to buy soon.

I don't know if you cut off the rest of my post, but I said I learned my lesson. I bought my ticket, but this is going to be one more reason for my friends to say, "it's too much money." Instead of carpooling in my rental, we will collectively have to cough up $250 for shuttles. Oh well.
    look at like this:

you just paid $50 to learn a valuable lesson, don't procrastinate when it comes to coachella. money well spent IMHO.

After last year's parking lot bs, $50 is more than worth it for me.

The one year I didn't camp, the hotel ran a shuttle on its own. It was a *terrible* experience - it was next to impossible to catch it to go back, it ran erratically and unpredictably, and just generally was so unworth it that after trying it the first day, we drove the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Yeah but it's not a $50 add-on.
    it's not a line item, but trust me, it's somewhere in the cost of the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I wonder, are they checking wristbands prior to getting on the shuttle?
    I'm sure... you're not allowed within a square mile without your festival wristband on. No way a shuttle is going to take you there without one.

In all honesty, I'm starting to warm up to the idea, as long as the damn thing doesn't get stuck in traffic. I've had my own share of traffic nightmares after festivals, the worst of which was last years Mile High. Broken glass bottles disabled a dozen or so vehicles, creating a giant dusty field of confused drivers. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

my budget dictates how to handle things. right now with 2 kids in competitive athletics such as baseball and volleyball, you gotta work around it. but you figure it out and this will be the 5th straight year going to coachella.

to the ones whom are bitching. just stop. do your homework and learn from it.

you will find a ticket at a decent price if you just look!!!!

DONT BE SO STUPID YOU MORONS!