Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Shenton View Post
    Not because it's all there is left.
    but, it IS all there is left so what's the point you're trying to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    If you look on ebay most of the sellers of camping tickets are not "ticket companies" but normal people with no/little feedback.

I dont think Scalpers bought them all up..greedy concert folk did.
    a.) Scalpers did buy them but not the majority
    b.) 8k is not that much most of the tickets were bought by people who want to go
    c.) Ebay has the small time scalpers at the moment.

The "real" scalpers are smart and will sell the tickets when they can get more $$$. Hell they could be going for 1k plus down the line. Right know they seem to be around 700 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    I call BS on this. Complete money grab from GV. What a bunch or freaking thieves, tacking on another $50 just because they know they can.
    If the guy who posted an excerpt from the use permit earlier in the thread was correct, GV is required to provide shuttle service for 15K people, in order to get cars off the road.

If the shuttle passes weren't selling in sufficient quantities, then GV was in danger of not meeting its commitment to Indio, which could have legal / financial repercussions. So: in order to ensure that they at least look like they're complying with the requirements, they force people to buy shuttle tickets ... so they can say, look, we *sold* 15K shuttle tickets, it's not our fault people didn't use them.

Not thievery - politics.

I'm flying in, so how am I supposed to get around a desert town without a car? Now it looks like I'm gonna have to get a rental car and a shuttle pass. I'll give the shuttle a try, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be very impressed.
    It's possible to do this without a rental car - bus to Indio, taxi or walk or ride-from-boardie to the hotel. Indio isn't the best place in the world for that, but it's doable.

whiney pain in butt

there just aren't that many tickets left and they want to fill up their shuttles for sure.

if they have a complete sell out with out anyone buying shuttle passes, it makes the shuttle a waste of money for them.

The shuttles are a great idea....how many years have we wasted a hour walking from our car to the venue..the buses will probably bypass that completely.

Have we every got a confirmation that they are actually reducing attendance from 75,000 of last year?

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I think GV cares more about selling out their shuttle passes more so than anybody actually using them.
    I think you're right.

That said, I think everyone who goes to the festival (and isn't camping) should care about people using the shuttle: the one year I didn't camp (2005), the traffic out of the venue at night was horrendous, and larger crowds would make this worse. Everyone's experience will be better the more people use shuttles to get to and from the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    You are full of it.

And now you have a shuttle, why would you need a rental car? Reviews from last year's shuttle were very positive.
    No sir, I'm not. I am flying in not just for this festival, but several days before and after. That, and the flexibility of having a car is impossible to replace. So, yes, I do need a car. I suppose I can try and save money they scalped from me by returning the rental Thursday, but then I'll have to pick up a car again Monday. Trust me, it's frustrating.

I suppose it's only ~$50 though. Nothing horrific. It's just the idea that it's being forced pisses me off.

I find it very hard to believe they would lease additional land, add an extra stage, and then decrease capacity. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    but, it IS all there is left so what's the point you're trying to make?
    People are bitching like GV's trying to pull a fast one on them. They're trying to keep parking from being as ridiculous as it has been. They're working on solving problems, not milking you for more money. As has been posted already, they have an obligation to Indio to make the shuttles used and get some of the cars out of there.

No sir, I'm not. I am flying in not just for this festival, but several days before and after. That, and the flexibility of having a car is impossible to replace. So, yes, I do need a car. I suppose I can try and save money they scalped from me by returning the rental Thursday, but then I'll have to pick up a car again Monday. Trust me, it's frustrating.

I suppose it's only ~$50 though. Nothing horrific. It's just the idea that it's being forced pisses me off.
    its not being forced on you, you had enough time to buy your tickets before it came down to this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh0 View Post
    let the shitstorm begin
    pretty much

this
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    If the guy who posted an excerpt from the use permit earlier in the thread was correct, GV is required to provide shuttle service for 15K people, in order to get cars off the road.

If the shuttle passes weren't selling in sufficient quantities, then GV was in danger of not meeting its commitment to Indio, which could have legal / financial repercussions. So: in order to ensure that they at least look like they're complying with the requirements, they force people to buy shuttle tickets ... so they can say, look, we *sold* 15K shuttle tickets, it's not our fault people didn't use them.

Not thievery - politics.
    and this
    Attached Images Attached Images

But you can always just sell the shuttle pass

How the fuck did GV scalp you.

It's not forced your stupidfuck..it's all that is left. You have had every oppurtunity to buy them and you didnt..you get what's left and that is a combo ticket with shuttle. It's only frustrating to you cos you didnt buy them earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Yeah I think we have to wait to see how this shuttle works out - sounds like it's a real effort to limit traffic and decrease congestion near the site. Makes a ton of sense actually.
    agreed

I am flying in not just for this festival, but several days before and after. That, and the flexibility of having a car is impossible to replace. So, yes, I do need a car. I suppose I can try and save money they scalped from me by returning the rental Thursday, but then I'll have to pick up a car again Monday.
    Yeah, that would just be a pain in the ***.

.It's just the idea that it's being forced pisses me off.
    Aggregation and disaggregation are often highly contentious, and a lot of it is really sensitive to what the starting conditions were. Airlines charging for checked luggage is an example of this: it's possible to view the old way of doing things as "everyone was forced to pay for luggage spots they didn't want" ... but virtually nobody does, because the initial state was that luggage was included.

I think GV's public relations mistake here was in changing the rules of the game in the middle. If *everyone* had paid the +$50 and gotten a free shuttle pass, you wouldn't be reacting this way (although campers would be pissed).

On the other hand, that probably would have made it more difficult to demonstrate to Indio that they were doing something about traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Glastonchella.
    Yep!

Aggregation and disaggregation are often highly contentious, and a lot of it is really sensitive to what the starting conditions were. Airlines charging for checked luggage is an example of this: it's possible to view the old way of doing things as "everyone was forced to pay for luggage spots they didn't want" ... but virtually nobody does, because the initial state was that luggage was included.

I think GV's public relations mistake here was in changing the rules of the game in the middle. If *everyone* had paid the +$50 and gotten a free shuttle pass, you wouldn't be reacting this way (although campers would be pissed).

On the other hand, that probably would have made it more difficult to demonstrate to Indio that they were doing something about traffic.
    no one changed the rules, the bundle was always for sale its not like they just added it. the regular unbundled tickets simply sold out.

How the fuck did GV scalp you.

It's not forced your stupidfuck..it's all that is left. You have had every oppurtunity to buy them and you didnt..you get what's left and that is a combo ticket with shuttle. It's only frustrating to you cos you didnt buy them earlier.

hum sounds it exactly like a ticket on ebay
    a.) you are not forced to buy the ticket
    b.) it is the only option left to get a ticket
    c.) you could have bought them earlier (cheaper) through TM or layaway but you didn't
    d.) you are stuck with what is left (tickets that cost more that face value)
    e.) you are pissed because you did not buy the ticket cheaper

If you are going to get pissed at scalpers you should also get pissed at GV forcing you to buy something you do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    no one changed the rules, the bundle was always for sale its not like they just added it. the regular unbundled tickets simply sold out.
    That's fair. (I'm camping, so the shuttle-based-tickets always seemed irrelevant to me).

That's fair. (I'm camping, so the shuttle-based-tickets always seemed irrelevant to me).
    jajaja me too

How did they change the game in the middle..there was always an option for combo pass since DAY 1.. now at day 5 Thats all that is left available to buy..Goldenvoice did nothing wrong. People waited to buy and we have the fatest sellout in history..people were warned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You can easily sell your shuttle pass. You people are moronic. They aren't selling that packaged option still because they want to make money. It's still available because it's the only thing still available.
    Hey someone is finally thinking on this thread.

I hope someone here who bought a ticket changes their mind and sells it to me sometime before April 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Gv is always a work in progress and when they fuck up, they are pretty good at fixing their issues.

i think it does suck that you can only buy a ticket with a shuttle pass. but hey, who knew it was gonna sell out this fast. this easily beats the 07 sellout!

The thought of going from free parking in previous years (or having it included in your ticket) to having to pay $50 to park offsite (driving to a lot and be shuttled in) probably is not the most ideal situation for some people. I think the $50 shuttles to/from local hotels makes sense (as offered by Valley Music Travel). But if this is just a lot that is close by that you still have to drive a distance to in order to park and be shuttled in, then that seems kind of shitty for that price.

But in the end, it was not like we weren't warned we were close to selling out. And I personally support any attempts to cut down on the shit ton of traffic in and out of the venue.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I hope someone here who bought a ticket changes their mind and sells it to me sometime before April 15th.
    they will

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    How much extra would you pay to guarantee someone will have a genuine pass for you before April 15? $50? Now's your chance - just do it and spare yourself the anxiety.

How did they change the game in the middle..there was always an option for combo pass since DAY 1.. now at day 5 Thats all that is left available to buy..Goldenvoice did nothing wrong. People waited to buy and we have the fatest sellout in history..people were warned
    Fair enough.

The implication here is that there are different buckets - standalone tickets, standalone tickets with shuttle, etc - and that there were so many tickets in each bucket from day one, and that one bucket is now empty.

That's not how I thought it had worked.

I thought there were so many tickets, and so many shuttle tickets, and that as the tickets sold and the shuttle tickets didn't, they discovered a problem and created a bundle as a solution.

Had my misunderstanding of the situation been correct, it would have been changing the rules of the game in the middle.