Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

Default Re: SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Every single person in attendance this year falls into one of two categories:

A) Kings of Leon fan
    B) Junglist
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by superkindskunk View Post
    What does that mean?sorry
    In Jamaican music and genres that have borrowed heavily from Jamaican music (jungle, DnB, dubstep, etc.), to "pull up" means to pull up the needle from the record and start it from the beginning for dramatic effect, because the crowd isn't ready for it, or just because the jam is so sick you need to hear it again

Yep - only pulling up tickets with the Shuttle pass. Glad I bought my other two passes this morning... I don't need the shuttle, so I saved $50. Whew!

you can still buy on ticketmaster as of 10:10 w/shuttle

In Jamaican music and genres that have borrowed heavily from Jamaican music (jungle, DnB, dubstep, etc.), to "pull up" means to pull up the needle from the record and start it from the beginning for dramatic effect, because the crowd isn't ready for it, or just because the jam is so sick you need to hear it again
    AKA, "rewind". See also; "no you cannot have one".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

Thank you. you seem like a very nice and cool person.

If you read the tickets page on here, they're selling em with shuttle passes to ease parking. Which does mean they've probably already sold a shitload of tickets and are going to sell out soon. But it's not because they only have packages left. They're just trying to make parking a little less of a clusterfuck.

old school

Or the entire crowd lights up their lighters kinda like during a ballad at a Journey concert. This signals to the DJ that the crowd digs the track so much that they want a "rewind" in which the DJ usually spins the record back picks up the needle & drops it at the begining. I'm not sure it this is just an American thing or not.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by Shenton View Post
    If you read the tickets page on here, they're selling em with shuttle passes to ease parking. Which does mean they've probably already sold a shitload of tickets and are going to sell out soon. But it's not because they only have packages left. They're just trying to make parking a little less of a clusterfuck.
    um yes it does.

Are they selling anymore tickets individually? NO

Are they selling tickets that come with a shuttle passes (ie a package)? YES

they only have packages left.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenton View Post
    doesn't make a lot of sense, because i know people buying these tickets with no intention of using the shuttle, just because it is all that is left.....

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    doesn't make a lot of sense, because i know people buying these tickets with no intention of using the shuttle, just because it is all that is left.....
    +1

Most of this people will not use the shuttle.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I wonder if those wristbands will be different looking so that the wearer has no choice BUT to park in the satellite lots and use the shuttle.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

i think alot of people are getting tix now to avoid what happened last year. having it sell out i think raised the awareness of the coachella customer and the scalper as well.

since 08 ive always gotten my tickets in late march/early april from someone who cant go and it save me a few bux.

so for some who are panicking. dont! there will be plenty of tix available at face value and parking as well so just relax! 3 months to go!

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I wonder if those wristbands will be different looking so that the wearer has no choice BUT to park in the satellite lots and use the shuttle.
    hmmmmm that could make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    +1

Most of this people will not use the shuttle.
    This suggests the shuttle passes weren't selling in large enough quantity ... that is, if there's a seperate budget for the shuttle operation funded through the sale of shuttle tickets, they have to sell a certain number of them or the shuttle operation loses money.

So, if not enough are selling: make everyone left buy them ... so it pays for itself, sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemont17 View Post
    i think alot of people are getting tix now to avoid what happened last year. having it sell out i think raised the awareness of the coachella customer and the scalper as well.

since 08 ive always gotten my tickets in late march/early april from someone who cant go and it save me a few bux.

so for some who are panicking. dont! there will be plenty of tix available at face value and parking as well so just relax! 3 months to go!
    i would not count on this

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    um yes it does.

Are they selling anymore tickets individually? NO

Are they selling tickets that come with a shuttle passes (ie a package)? YES

they only have packages left.
    I guess it means the same thing, but it's not like they allocated a certain amount to packages and a certain amount to sell by themselves. They just changed it to try and ease parking. It's right on the Tickets page of the website.

But you're right, by implication it does mean they are only selling packages.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    i would not count on this
    there always is. doesnt matter the event, they will be there. just gotta look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    This suggests the shuttle passes weren't selling in large enough quantity ... that is, if there's a seperate budget for the shuttle operation funded through the sale of shuttle tickets, they have to sell a certain number of them or the shuttle operation loses money.

So, if not enough are selling: make everyone left buy them ... so it pays for itself, sorta.
    beat me to it. Yes im sure thats exactly what happened.
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella

Default dam you

I hate when people actually post something smart on this board.

Jesus that was stressful. The 4th in our group was being a procrastinator because she wanted her parents to gift them for her birthday. I just called her and told her she has no choice but to buy them now and she started panicking...ticket purchased in the last minute, and now we can just sell the extra shuttle pass. My stress is over and I can go back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemont17 View Post

your living in a dream world. EVERYONE that hasn't purchased a ticket needs to be panicking right now so they aren't stressing about having to hunt for face value tickets from a scalper come march/april.

I was one of those, except I bought car camping too, so that'd be pretty fucked up if it were true

Still pulling up tickets with shuttle passes at 1:22

face value tix were nowhere to be found near the venue last year

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Yeah Rosemont is insane.
    If you want tickets get them now or get fucked on ebay later or just be plain ass out.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    your living in a dream world. EVERYONE that hasn't purchased a ticket needs to be panicking right now so they aren't stressing about having to hunt for face value tickets from a scalper come march/april.
    true.

Yes some people will sell at face value. But the majority are going to sell for a profit.

Since this ticket cost $310 I am guessing the low price will be around $500 from scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post

Per the conditions of approval with the City of Indio:

"The Contractor / Promoter shall develop and implement a shuttle plan providing for the transportation of a minimum of fifteen thousand (15,000) per day during Coachella…"

Last year’s conditions indicated that if the attendance was greater than 55K, the promoter would have to provide a shuttle service. Even with shuttles parking was the biggest bitch last year. The only solution is more carpools and public transportation.

I sure hope this influences people to use the Shuttles.

whiney pain in butt

THICKETS! GET YOUR THICKETS!!!

This kinda sell out makes me think that the scalpers scored A LOT LESS camping passes then we originally thought.
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella