Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

Default Re: SOLD OUT

If all this Caifanes madness is true (i'm totally out of the loop on them), then I am really looking forward to the dip in attendance on Saturday and Sunday.

I am really sad, i was looking forward to fly to see this! this is sad. I hope they give out more tickets. Its only been 6 days!!

Why does everyone assume it's only been six days? It's been six since the line up came out but I reserved my ticket and two camping passes on layaway two months ago.

Coachella has become a symbol of indie/hipster status or rite of passage in becoming the ultimate partier. It was somewhat before, but more so now. Hopefully Paul T wasn't lying when he said they were gonna sell less tickets this year.

Banned

I heard that the Mexican drug cartels bought up all the tickets this year knowing full well in advance that caifanes was going to reunite. Now they are smuggling illegal mexicans across the border armed with coachella tickets to piss the americans off.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    Buy it immediately for chrisake. Take it out of savings if you have to. Now that people know they are low, I predict it's going to get bum-rushed tonight.

That is, if 60k were sold out by this morning.
    I was right... Sweet Jesus, I was right. Thank god I bought my ticket this morning (even with the shuttle tacked on that initially pissed me off) or I'd probably have to spend $600 to get one from some bastard scalper.

Now I feel like one of the lucky f-ing few.

See ya'll there!

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    Why does everyone assume it's only been six days? It's been six since the line up came out but I reserved my ticket and two camping passes on layaway two months ago.

Coachella has become a symbol of indie/hipster status or rite of passage in becoming the ultimate partier. It was somewhat before, but more so now. Hopefully Paul T wasn't lying when he said they were gonna sell less tickets this year.
    I don't think Paul T. ever said they were selling less tickets, but just that they were going to work on some of the things that didn't make sense about last year (the ticketing system).

Quote Originally Posted by Mak Attack View Post
    I don't think Paul T. ever said they were selling less tickets, but just that they were going to work on some of the things that didn't make sense about last year (the ticketing system).
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...aul_tollet.php

Quote Originally Posted by article
    In a few days, Tollett and his team were set to travel back out to the desert town of Indio to make plans for next year's festival, now scheduled for April 15, 16 and 17. "It's been a hundred days now since the show, and we've been writing notes down [about] how to make this show better," he says. "Almost across the board, each one of us came up with the same note: less people.

"The No. 1 thing was just too many bodies," Tollett adds. "That came from a few things. Number one, we sold more tickets than we have in the past." Specifically, Goldenvoice sold an additional 6,000 three-day tickets compared with the previous year, a jump in attendance compounded by a tidal wave of "sneak-ins, fence-cutting, counterfeit wristbands, counterfeit tickets," says Tollett. "We had a lame ticketing thing that we have to change, that actually made no sense."

Can someone please tell me what "layaway" is?

Please, Paul, let this be true. I bought my tickets again on blind faith that most of the shitty things last year will be fixed. Way too many gate crashers and the wristband systems were indeed a joke. I should of took a picture of the shitty facsimile i found on the ground watching Yo La Tengo on the Main Stage. You would of thought a 3rd grader had produced the wristband, it was literally just a white piece of paper with the shittiest purple crayon color..held together by a safety pin!
    Coachella 01' - 13' and still counting..... 13th year!!!! Geez, I'm getting old..

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic so that I don't set myself up for disappointment. I still think they are selling 75k tickets, just hoping to get the "sneak-ins, fence-cutting, counterfeit wristbands, counterfeit tickets" under control. But I'd love to see it at 60k again.

"The No. 1 thing was just too many bodies," Tollett adds. "That came from a few things. Number one, we sold more tickets than we have in the past." Specifically, Goldenvoice sold an additional 6,000 three-day tickets compared with the previous year, a jump in attendance compounded by a tidal wave of "sneak-ins, fence-cutting, counterfeit wristbands, counterfeit tickets," says Tollett. "We had a lame ticketing thing that we have to change, that actually made no sense."
    Can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    Can someone please tell me what "layaway" is?
    It was an option, but it's sold out.

http://coachella.frontgatetickets.co...ut.php?id=1279

I can't believe the tickets are going for $900 on stubhub. Now I am thinkin about selling my 3-day pass and car camping tickets and go to some other festival

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    from twitter:
    Coachella
    no, we don't have any passes left to release, kthxbye
    Fuck You GV for thumbing your nose at some of your faithful customers. I've got a ski mask and a crowbar that says I am getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by myelectrolife View Post
    Finding a face value ticket will be like finding a needle in a hay stack... and that needle has AIDZ
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Yeah they did.
    2008 lost money even with Prince
    Source??

Quote Originally Posted by Mak Attack View Post
    Maybe I'm just being pessimistic so that I don't set myself up for disappointment. I still think they are selling 75k tickets, just hoping to get the "sneak-ins, fence-cutting, counterfeit wristbands, counterfeit tickets" under control. But I'd love to see it at 60k again.
    I, too, feel like this is more what he meant. I hate to bring up semantics, but he never actually said "sell less tickets." He just said less bodies, and we all know a ton of people snuck in last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremywww View Post
    Fuck You GV for thumbing your nose at some of your faithful customers. I've got a ski mask and a crowbar that says I am getting in.
    A) Ski mask to protect identity on youtube video of you getting bodyslammed/tased while trying to sneek in.

B) Crowbar to kill self with upon demasking!
    Wed 07/16-The Chain Gang Of 1974-The Crescent Ballroom
    Sat 7/19-Jurassic 5/Dilated Peoples-The Marquee
    Fri 07/25-Boris-The Crescent Ballroom
    Sun 08/10-Xiu Xiu-The Crescent Ballroom
    Thu 08/21-NIN-Chula Vista
    Fri 08/22-NIN-Irvine
    Fri 09/12-STRFKR-Mad Decent Block Party
    Fri 09/19-Rob Zombie/Powerman 5000-Westworld
    Sun 10/05-Com Truise-Club Congress(TUCSON)
    Sun 10/19-Sunn O)))-Rialto Theatre(TUCSON)
    Mon 11/03-Yelle-The Crescent Ballroom
    Mon 11/10-DFA 1979-The Marquee

Quote Originally Posted by est1985 View Post
    This is what has made me decide that I will never go to Coachella again. It's Treasure Island Fest from here on out. Besides...San Francisco is way cooler than Indio anyways. Fuck you Coachella and your snooty tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by est1985 View Post
    Just an FYI...I planned plenty in advance for this. Attempted to place my tickets on layaway on Monday through Front Gate and I got an error message 3 times which resulted in not only not being able to purchase my tickets, but having my CC charged 3x 179.50. When I called them they said that the charges were simply pending and that they would be reversed within 72 hours. Thats fine, but having my card charged $550 made it so I couldnt purchase my tickets until the funds were placed back into my account...and now the tickets are sold out and they funds have yet to be returned. And now Coachella is being a little snotty brat with their tweets? So am I a little bitchy? Yea.
    Good thing you're not going.
    You dont know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    I, too, feel like this is more what he meant. I hate to bring up semantics, but he never actually said "sell less tickets." He just said less bodies, and we all know a ton of people snuck in last year...
    there's people on other forums already saying that they're planning on sneaking in. joke is going to be on them...hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by kplzhurricane View Post
    I am really sad, i was looking forward to fly to see this! this is sad. I hope they give out more tickets. Its only been 6 days!!
    ECONOMICS 101:

if demand > supply, then price = ^

DEAL. WITH. IT.

no one would "give out" more tickets as well......you should take an english class as well

Unnecessarily harsh, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    there's people on other forums already saying that they're planning on sneaking in. joke is going to be on them...hopefully.
    Just try....

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I totally thought that patch said "Gayland Police" at first.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    You dont know what you're talking about.
    It'd be nice if you elaborated a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Unnecessarily harsh, dude.
    haters gonsta hate and lurkers gotsta learn

Blame Canada. So many Canadian bands in the lineup + Canadian dollar at par with the U.S. dollar = Us Canadians bought all the tickets haha
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

GV soft skills have always been horrible. but they dont care cuz the festival sells well and the retard hipsters that run GV know at least one thing: how to make a festival work...

so deal with it and move on and enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemont17 View Post
    GV soft skills have always been horrible. but they dont care cuz the festival sells well and the retard hipsters that run GV know at least one thing: how to make a festival work...

so deal with it and move on and enjoy it for what it is.
    Goldenvoice is the best promotion company we have in California...If it wasnt for them Live Nation would take over and destroy the remaining best venues in LA. And they do care if the festival sells well..there were many years of loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    Goldenvoice is the best promotion company we have in California...If it wasnt for them Live Nation would take over and destroy the remaining best venues in LA. And they do care if the festival sells well..there were many years of loss.

absolute bullshit!!!

do you really thing GV is in it for being cool with no profit? they do it for profit period. they have to at this point of the game. you are dumb if you think otherwise.

you dont go into huge festival expenses without wanting to make a profit and be recognized.

yes they took chances and it has worked for them recently, but now its a profit machine. just look how it runs now. there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. hey, make money if you can, but they are pathetic in their dealings with their supporters. they are smug, arrogant, and so hipster it is very sad. but hey that is who they are and you live with it if you desire to. i personally dont care either way. its just a festival people.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemont17 View Post
    absolute bullshit!!!

do you really thing GV is in it for being cool with no profit? they do it for profit period. they have to at this point of the game. you are dumb if you think otherwise.

you dont go into huge festival expenses without wanting to make a profit and be recognized.

yes they took chances and it has worked for them recently, but now its a profit machine. just look how it runs now. there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. hey, make money if you can, but they are pathetic in their dealings with their supporters. they are smug, arrogant, and so hipster it is very sad. but hey that is who they are and you live with it if you desire to. i personally dont care either way. its just a festival people.........
    well yeah they want to make a profit..I never once said that.

I just dont think they are smug,arrogant,retarded hipsters..like you do