Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: SOLD OUT

Default Re: SOLD OUT

So with the festival already sold out, could they ship the passes earlier than 3 weeks prior to the festival?... I'm kind of skeptic on the ETA of my passes being that I live in Mexico and it's an international shipment, should take longer than the shipments that are within the US...

Got my tickets about an hour before the sell out ... Thank you Jebus!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Quote Originally Posted by sikiboy View Post
    So with the festival already sold out, could they ship the passes earlier than 3 weeks prior to the festival?... I'm kind of skeptic on the ETA of my passes being that I live in Mexico and it's an international shipment, should take longer than the shipments that are within the US...
    No. 3 weeks is early enough to hopefully account for any late deliveries and late enough that it hopefully prevents elaborate counterfeit wristbands from being made.
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    Got my tickets about an hour before the sell out ... Thank you Jebus!!!

Me too!!! thank god!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sikiboy View Post
    yeah, the three weeks is an anti-scalping measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    I bought a hotel shuttle pass long ago. I can't be the only one so I doubt there were 15,000 left this morning. That said, I can see the value in the pass I bought because I don't have to drive at all.

A shuttle to remote parking, however, isn't a perk. I'd consider it to be worse than parking onsite if I was going to drive to the polo grounds anyway. Sure, maybe it will help with overall traffic, but that's something that should just be factored into the general expense of running the festival when they decide ticket prices. Once the main lots fill, you get directed to a remote lot and have to board a shuttle--and they could encourage people to use the remote lots on their own to spread out traffic for those who might prefer it.

The way they're doing it here is like charging someone on an airplane extra to sit in the middle seat. And since most of those people probably won't bother to park in the remote lot and just look at it as a tax on the ticket price for waiting too long, it's not going to help traffic much at all. So if the main lots fill up will they be directing people who didn't pay that extra $50 to a remote lot?
    I think they are charging a certain amount of tickets to pay for the overall operation of the shuttles. Then...it will work as you suggested. Once the main lots fill up the remaining cars will be directed to the "shuttle" lots and will have to ride the shuttle in.

This entire sold out thing makes me nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemont17 View Post
    absolute bullshit!!!

you dont go into huge festival expenses without wanting to make a profit and be recognized.
    Sure.

But you might be willing to run at a loss for a couple of years under the theory that doing so helps build a reputation which will lead to profits later on.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what APE is doing with OSL, for example.

Well, Coachella is more famous. Lots of people like name recognition. Plus they sold less tickets this year, also, they have more space and an extra stage.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets sell out in record time
    11:21 PM, Jan. 26, 2011 | Comments

Written by
    Bruce Fessier Filed Under

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival announced on Wednesday the fastest sellout its 12-year history.

No more general admission or VIP tickets are available for the April 15-17 event at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. Three-day passes went on sale Friday.
    Promoter Paul Tollett of the Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice said he's “still a little stunned” by the quick sellout. Some online fans reacted negatively when the lineup — headlined by returning artists Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon and Kanye West — was announced after 9 p.m. on Jan. 18.
    Tollett said 51,000 tickets were sold by Monday compared to the 11,000 purchased on the first weekend of sale last year. There was a quick succession of sellouts of car camping, tent camping and VIP tickets, but he said he's never announced tickets were going fast for fear it would seem like a sales trick.

Goldenvoice secured an Indio city permit for 75,000 concert-goers per day, matching last year's daily attendance, but Tollett said he planned to sell fewer tickets this year to reduce crowding. Goldenvoice also secured an additional 10 acres around the Empire Polo Club to add a new festival entrance and more concert and parking space than ever before.
    The festival will add a small sixth stage near the Mojave and Sahara tents on the east side of the field for intimate types of music such as bass and drums, underground hip-hop and dubstep electronic music.
    But even with the additional stage, Tollett said the festival grounds will seem much more spacious. He said the additional festival acreage will be the equivalent of more than eight football fields.
    Coachella has been named Best Music Festival by the industry publication Pollstar more often than any other event this past decade.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2011...sey=nav%7Chead

Well, Coachella is more famous. Lots of people like name recognition. Plus they sold less tickets this year, also, they have more space and an extra stage.
    Thanks for posting that article from MyDesert; this is the kind of (official) information which is actually interesting and informative (as opposed to a bunch of people complaining about how much GV sucks) for those of us lucky enough to have secured tickets. Thanks again for sharing!

I honestly wasn't expecting it to sell out yet, I thought they were going to have to add a bigger band to sell tickets... Shows what I know

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

I didn't get my ticket this year cause i was waiting to buy it Friday and i am somewhat sad but still okay with that. Last year i was unable to get my ticket because i waited to the last minute which that was my fault. I tried buying my tickets from scalpers but i wasn't going to pay $800 for a festival pass. So i ended up meeting some people and sold my hotel room and made some cash and left. So me and friends saved up money and decided to go to lollapalooza in Chicago and had a better time then coachella. Tickets were only $200 for a 3day pass. We stayed in a hotel that was only 1 block away from the festival and there is so much to do in the city then Indio Ca. This year I wanted to go really bad but the whole lineup for this is year is copied from last years lollapalooza. I would say a good 60% is from last years lolla so the only real artists i wanted to see was Pj harvey, Lauryn Hill, and Duran Duran. I mean this years big Reunion is DFA1979.....really??? What happen to reunions like pixies,the stooges, or even my bloody valentine. I mean Dfa They were good but they just broke up like 5 years ago. Lolla had a soundgarden reunion and the strokes 1st U.S. show. Coachella is losing what it had a few years ago and thats groundbreaking. The only reason it sold it was because they put two mainstream headliners and goldenvoice sold less tickets. Hopefully it will be like back in 2007 all 3day passes sold out in early Feb and then 3 weeks before the festival they release a limited amount of 3 day passes. Maybe next years headliners will be something like Katy Perry,Lil Wayne, Black eyed peas and a one time Reunion from fall out boy and then it will probably sell out within hours. Basically were i am getting at is for the people who aren't going there are other great and better festivals then coachella. If i am able to go to coachella great if not then i had great memories in coachella from 2003-2009 thank you.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

It still says "planned" so I still don't believe less tickets were sold. I need to hear the exact words or see the people at the field.

And damn Pure Filth by the Sahara? FUCKING WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Quote Originally Posted by vaderweiser View Post
    What happen to reunions like pixies,the stooges, or even my bloody valentine.
    Caifanes

I didn't get my ticket this year cause i was waiting to buy it Friday and i am somewhat sad but still okay with that. Last year i was unable to get my ticket because i waited to the last minute which that was my fault. I tried buying my tickets from scalpers but i wasn't going to pay $800 for a festival pass. So i ended up meeting some people and sold my hotel room and made some cash and left. So me and friends saved up money and decided to go to lollapalooza in Chicago and had a better time then coachella. Tickets were only $200 for a 3day pass.

We stayed in a hotel that was only 1 block away from the festival and there is so much to do in the city then Indio Ca. This year I wanted to go really bad but the whole lineup for this is year is copied from last years lollapalooza. I would say a good 60% is from last years lolla so the only real artists i wanted to see was Pj harvey, Lauryn Hill, and Duran Duran. I mean this years big Reunion is DFA1979.....really??? What happen to reunions like pixies,the stooges, or even my bloody valentine. I mean Dfa They were good but they just broke up like 5 years ago. Lolla had a soundgarden reunion and the strokes 1st U.S. show. Coachella is losing what it had a few years ago and thats groundbreaking. The only reason it sold it was because they put two mainstream headliners and goldenvoice sold less tickets. Hopefully it will be like back in 2007 all 3day passes sold out in early Feb and then 3 weeks before the festival they release a limited amount of 3 day passes. Maybe next years headliners will be something like Katy Perry,Lil Wayne, Black eyed peas and a one time Reunion from fall out boy and then it will probably sell out within hours. Basically were i am getting at is for the people who aren't going there are other great and better festivals then coachella. If i am able to go to coachella great if not then i had great memories in coachella from 2003-2009 thank you.
    Agree with a lot of this post. Thanks for be accountable for your actions instead of blaming someone else.

With regards to the actual event (the second part of the quote). I pretty my agree with everything expect the bold part. YES it is true BUT I prefer the festival to be in a "smaller" place. That way you are 100% invested into the festival and not exploring the city.

I really do not like where Coachella is headed. Don't get me wrong it is still great BUT the main reason I am going to Coachella instead of another festival is travel expenses. Coachella cost me a tank of gas (round trip) and a camping spot. lollapalooza would cost me a lot more.

LOL @ my friends thinking they only sold 51K so they're gonna release 24K tickets soon. Silly kids
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Have we every got a confirmation that they are actually reducing attendance from 75,000 of last year?
    yes. it was also announced in the news after last year's disaster. you were just too lazy to read
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

No it was announced he wanted less bodies. Never has he said "We ARE selling less tickets" or "We DID sell less tickets"

doesn't scare me anymore ...... not since ACL sold out last year even before the line up came up.... effin Glastocity Limits

Maybe next years headliners will be something like Katy Perry,Lil Wayne, Black eyed peas and a one time Reunion from fall out boy and then it will probably sell out within hours.

coachella headliners have and will always be cool, chill

there are other festivals yes, coachella is unique the same as lolla
    different animals thats all

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    so what does this board talk about now?

Bitching about camping is getting old, tickets are sold out, bitching about tickets is already old (clear warning was giving last night, you have 5 days to buy them through TM).
    we bitch about the overcrowding of a once peaceful(sorta) forum during the off season which a lot of us here enjoy