Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

Default Re: SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I hope someone here who bought a ticket changes their mind and sells it to me sometime before April 15th.
    Just put it on a credit card, or find someone quick who will. This is probably your last breath apart from selling your tv, car or body.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

I bought KOL and didn't want them. Should I be mad?
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

not sure all of you saw this even though it was already posted. GV isnt screwing anyone, they are obeying the rules. Done and done.
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I hope someone here who bought a ticket changes their mind and sells it to me sometime before April 15th.
    Seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

there's still tickets on Ticketmaster. At least the option for the 3-day pass + shuttle combo.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Back in my day, we used to just walk straight up to the ticket booth and buy a single day pass at the grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Fair enough.

The implication here is that there are different buckets - standalone tickets, standalone tickets with shuttle, etc - and that there were so many tickets in each bucket from day one, and that one bucket is now empty.

That's not how I thought it had worked.

I thought there were so many tickets, and so many shuttle tickets, and that as the tickets sold and the shuttle tickets didn't, they discovered a problem and created a bundle as a solution.

Had my misunderstanding of the situation been correct, it would have been changing the rules of the game in the middle.
    fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    How the fuck did GV scalp you.

It's not forced your stupidfuck..it's all that is left. You have had every oppurtunity to buy them and you didnt..you get what's left and that is a combo ticket with shuttle. It's only frustrating to you cos you didnt buy them earlier.
    +5 gold stars for common sense.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    Back in my day, we used to just walk straight up to the ticket booth and buy a single day pass at the grounds.
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

God damn based god
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    But if this is just a lot that is close by that you still have to drive a distance to in order to park and be shuttled in, then that seems kind of shitty for that price.
    That's an interesting question. Poking about the website leaves me unsure what the shuttle actually *does*.

The tickets page says:

A SHUTTLE PASS includes transportation to and from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Shuttles run from 11am to 90 minutes after the show ends. There will be multiple trips throughout the day. “Bus Counselors” will be on hand to assist you getting to and from the festival with ease. They are comfortable and convenient. Shuttles will have their own route and drop off at the festival gate. Think of it as your own designated driver.
    which makes it sound like they're talking about a remote parking space in another city (always nice when you can inflict the traffic on a neighbor, eh?).

But the event info / shuttle page says:

Take the convenient shuttle to and from the festival each day. We will be making multiple trips from each hotel, so if you want to go early and hang out at the festival, or stick around and soak up the sun at your hotel, we've got you covered. If you want to go back in the middle of the day, or at anytime, we'll be ready to whisk you back to your hotel with ease. We will also have "Shuttle Counselors" at the festival site to assist you getting to and from the show with ease! All shuttle riders must have shuttle pass AND festival pass. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    the two pages use the same phrase "shuttle pass" to describe what appear to be different things.

The ticketmaster web page, if you try to buy a coachella shuttle pass, lets you pick among multiple lines, but if you try to buy a package, doesn't give you the option.

All of which suggests the package comes with the shuttle pass for the indian wells line *only*.

Meaning it behaves like what you're saying - some *other* remote parking lot is used for the package.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    Just put it on a credit card, or find someone quick who will. This is probably your last breath apart from selling your tv, car or body.
    I don't have a credit card and have honestly thought about selling my car or TV. Don't know anyone who would further sponsor my fucking off. My sister would, if she had the $. I'm just SOL.

And, whoever changes their mind and wants to sell me a pass, please wait until mid March. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by myelectrolife View Post

not sure all of you saw this even though it was already posted. GV isnt screwing anyone, they are obeying the rules. Done and done.
    So there are 15,000 tickets left? Cool, I'm gonna wait another couple months before buying.
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

hope the O-rings dont give out on those shuttles...her her
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    So there are 15,000 tickets left? Cool, I'm gonna wait another couple months before buying.
    60,000 sell out in 5 days and you think you have a couple months for 15,000 while people panic and realize if they don't jump on tickets soon they won't go? Oh ok. Alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

That doesn't follow, for a couple of reasons.

(1) there are five different shuttle lines. it appears that all of these combo tickes are on one of those lines. If the shuttle usage is intended to be evenly distributed, there should only be 3K tickets on this line.

(2) there are shuttle tickets sold independently of the combo tickets, meaning that even if (1) isn't true, the combo tickets are a subset of the 15K.

(3) we have no idea how many of the combo and shuttle tickets have sold.

So, while it's fair to conclude that no more than 15K tickets are left, there's no good reason to assume the numbers are that high.

Since I think that (1) is true, my guess would be that there's on the rough order of 2K tickets left.

Yes, the ticketing change suggests there are probably 15k tickets remaining. And though I'm sure you're being sarcastic, the first (roughly) 60k tickets sold in 5 days - I'd expect the remaining 15k to be gone in less time.

Edit: meant to say "fewer than 15k"
    Last edited by knotted_donuts; 01-26-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: numbers change

Bottom line: Tickets sell out TODAY

I just had to buy two tickets for friends of mine who couldnt pay until the 15th! Lucky for them I have good credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

What I'm wondering is, will Coachella sell out of lay away tickets next year?
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

So, while it's fair to conclude that no more than 15K tickets are left, there's no good reason to assume the numbers are that high.
    This is what I meant. Not at all saying there are 15k remaining - I'm saying there are fewer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    No sir, I'm not. I am flying in not just for this festival, but several days before and after. That, and the flexibility of having a car is impossible to replace. So, yes, I do need a car. I suppose I can try and save money they scalped from me by returning the rental Thursday, but then I'll have to pick up a car again Monday. Trust me, it's frustrating.

I suppose it's only ~$50 though. Nothing horrific. It's just the idea that it's being forced pisses me off.
    except you're not being forced to do anything. you waited until now to buy, this is what you get. of course if it's that much of an indignity, you could, like, not go.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    the past two years they've only set aside a portion of the total tickets for layaway... i think that will remain the same.

ACL sold out last year in 12 hours, with no acts announced. It's not ridiculous to think Coachella could eventually walk the same path... except that ACL is cheaper, and they have early bird deals that suck up a lot of tix.

If the guy who posted an excerpt from the use permit earlier in the thread was correct, GV is required to provide shuttle service for 15K people, in order to get cars off the road.

If the shuttle passes weren't selling in sufficient quantities, then GV was in danger of not meeting its commitment to Indio, which could have legal / financial repercussions. So: in order to ensure that they at least look like they're complying with the requirements, they force people to buy shuttle tickets ... so they can say, look, we *sold* 15K shuttle tickets, it's not our fault people didn't use them.

Not thievery - politics.

It's possible to do this without a rental car - bus to Indio, taxi or walk or ride-from-boardie to the hotel. Indio isn't the best place in the world for that, but it's doable.
    I agree, it's politics, but when has politics not been a form of sanctioned/reasoned thievery? And I know it's possible to get this all done without a car, but honestly, how difficult should a vacation be?

I'm already spending around $1500 to make this happen, (flight, hotel, ticket, transportation) and it seems I'm going to have to spend a bit more now. Why is it that California trips always seem to eat money?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    Yes. I think all of Coachella's tickets next year will go about as fast as the camping did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Maas View Post
    the past two years they've only set aside a portion of the total tickets for layaway... i think that will remain the same.
    Yes, but has that portion ever been depleted?
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Can I put my 2012 ticket on layaway right now?

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    I agree, it's politics, but when has politics not been a form of sanctioned/reasoned thievery? And I know it's possible to get this all done without a car, but honestly, how difficult should a vacation be?

I'm already spending around $1500 to make this happen, (flight, hotel, ticket, transportation) and it seems I'm going to have to spend a bit more now. Why is it that California trips always seem to eat money?
    I'm also spending $1,500 but I treat Coachella as a vacation, so I expect to have to pay a lot. Some people go to Cabo. Some people go to Cancun. Some people go to Las Vegas. I go to Coachella.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    Can I put my 2012 ticket on layaway right now?
    LOL
    FUKIN IM WITH YOU!

good grief!