Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renting house? How much did you pay?

Default Re: Renting house? How much did you pay?

First year condo-ing it (was a diehard camper until last year's debacle when we didn't get enough camping passes in time).

$1,180 (which included a supposedly refundable deposit) for a 3BR + 2.5 ba (sleeps 6-8) in Palm Desert. Reserved it in January through VRBO ... so will turn out to be $170/person or less, if we get 1-2 more friends to join.

Though - we also researched/messaged a TON of other places and prob got around 20 no-gos (either price was way too ridiculous or they ended up being booked and the websites just weren't updated). Palm Desert was the furthest west I was willing to go (~16 miles from the venue).

My FAVORITE response was this (granted, the home was across the street from Empire Polo Field but SERIOUSLY???):

This is our last home available for Coachella 2011 and it is walking distance to the venue. Check it out and if you have any questions, feel free to email or give us a call. To book (or view pictures), click the home's name, click BOOK NOW & follow the prompts. Or call (888) 333-1975 and we will assist you.

> Check In, April 14 - Check Out, April 18, 2011: 4 Nights

RANCHO
    > Across the Street From Empire Polo Grounds
    3 Bedroom + Den, Sleeps 8,
    Outdoors: Pool with beach entry, spa swim-up bar, sky deck, lush landscaping, built in BBQ, lounge chairs & mountain views. Indoors: gourmet kitchen, 3 private suites including casita, TV's each bedroom, soaking tub in master & fireplaces. La Quinta, Ca. Refundable damage deposit not included in total: $1000
    >Total Price for 4 Nights: $17,490
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

hopefully none of these homes people have rented have been foreclosed upon since booking. that would be the shittiest way to start the weekend, especially because if owners already have the money they would probably take it and run.

This'll be year 10. I've camped at Lake Cahuilla twice, stayed in Palm Springs hotels 3 times, rented a trailer at a campground once, stayed up all night after Daft Punk at a friend's rented house once (not advised), and the past 2 years we've rented a house in PGA West.

2 bedroom + den, $700ish. Sleeps 6 officially... but we always end up with more. Never been a problem, but we keep our drunk yelling inside and don't stay in the pool too late.

We'll be riding bikes again this year.

"American, rich, buy me car, suckie suckie, bring over family live here, you go work, I drive big car, please you in bed, rich, suckie suckie"

=

100% Caffeinated

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    hopefully none of these homes people have rented have been foreclosed upon since booking. that would be the shittiest way to start the weekend, especially because if owners already have the money they would probably take it and run.
    Thats why you pay extra for the guarantee that most sites offer for just such an occurrence. While your money will be returned, unfortunately you are left without housing and on such short notice you'd most likely end up in Palm Springs.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Good call. I'm just going to raid the foreclosure listings and find some bad ass pads for free lololol.

We've rented a place in Indian Palms for the past 5 years or so. About 300 a night. Best part about it is the quick bike ride.

I'm charging 400 for 3 days for one room and 600 for a master bedroom for 3 days

How much for a closet?
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

I scored a 3 bed / 3 bath house w/ putting green, outdoor kitchen, pool & spa sleeps 10 for $2,600 - walking distance to polo fields (very important to us)

The house we stayed in for the last three years went from $3,000 previously to $7,000 this year..screw them.

Rented a full on mansion this year to stay in a few days before and after the 2nd weekend. Fucking brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

3 Bedroom, 4 nights, $1,800 all-in. Duna La Quinta (Accross from LQ Shuttle stop).
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Granted, I have 14 people staying with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Quote Originally Posted by mofomofo View Post
    This is my 3rd year staying in the same house and 7th of getting a house in general, but every year I take a look around to see if there might be a better option. I was a little alarmed at some of the quotes I was getting for this year. One agent seemed to have a lot of listings (mainly in PGA West) and was charging 4k or more for a 3 bedroom that could only sleep 6-8. Only 3 years ago this much bigger house was going for around 5k. I can only imagine what it is at now.

To satisfy my own curiosity as well as provide a guideline for those still searching, I thought everyone could post pertinent info for comparison. So I'll start:

$1750 total for all 4 nights / 3 bedroom + pullout (sleeps 8) / Indian Palms (10 min bike ride)

I don't know if the post-2010 Coachella environment means prices will remain high, but if so I hope the house I have doesn't ever catch wind of prevailing prices.
    Did you rent the house? Do you have room for two more people??? we are a couple of very cool people who are looking for like-minded individuals to party and enjoy Coachella with. Do you have a crammed packed house? or do you have room for 2 more??

When do you guys recommend looking? This was the first year our camping group started considering in door options ... So I want to peak around for next year ...

It's a trip looking at these prices and how much shit has gone up in only a few years. We've already reserved our place for next year (even though I am supposed to be taking a year off).

Quote Originally Posted by iamellyn View Post
    When do you guys recommend looking? This was the first year our camping group started considering in door options ... So I want to peak around for next year ...
    start looking NOW! if you dont find anything PM me and i'll give you the number of the person i rent from (they rent out multiple condos at indian palms)
    Papi Piratón!

we have a group of give or take 20 and usually rent out a 3bd+ for around 2K in Palm Springs. We always look really late and end up pretty far but I am already looking ahead for next year. There's nothing better than coming home to a hot tub to soak your feet in and a pool to sit by every morning. If anyone can recommend any places closer to the fest 2 - 3K all in I'd be interested in booking something fairly soon otherwise its all VRBO for me!
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

I have rented a house 3 years in a row. First year was about $1400 for a two bedroom in Indian Palms. A shared pool.

Next year for a 5 BR in Palm springs was about $4000 (split X 10 people)

This year was about $5000 for a 5 BR.

Prices have definitely been creeping up. You basically need to start looking now, and be prepared to book as soon as the dates are announced, and my experience is the houses at the best prices get booked right away, or are already booked with returning people. Anything managed by one of those rental/real estate agents has outrageous prices and no one should book those price gougers.

This year we paid 2200 for a 3 bedroom for 4 nights in Indian Palms.

Paid just under $4000 for a 4 BR + Casita house with pool and hot tub in PGA West. Booked last year right around now before the dates were announced--the owner agreed to give us first wkd whenever the dates were. He gave the people who booked it the previous year the chance to lock it in before losing it, but they couldn't get their act together. We're already sorted for returning first wkd 2014.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

I feel like you guys are overpaying. My total for Friday through Monday (3 nights) was $681 in Palm Springs - Westin at Mission Hills, to be exact.

Two beds. Split between four people.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

I got a whole week mon - mon at Indian palms

2br condo for 1800
    Papi Piratón!

Paid just under $4000 for 4 nights in a 4 BR + Casita house with pool and hot tub in PGA West. Found a house last year right around now before the dates were announced--the owner gave the people who just ended their stay the chance to lock it in before losing it, but they couldn't get their act together. We paid the deposit with the understanding that we'd have wkd 1 whatever the dates ended up being. And now we're already sorted for returning first wkd 2014.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    I feel like you guys are overpaying. My total for Friday through Monday (3 nights) was $681 in Palm Springs - Westin at Mission Hills, to be exact.

Two beds. Split between four people.
    because there is no difference at all between a hotel room with 2 beds and a 4 bedroom house with 8 beds, pool, hot tub, huge backyard, full kitchen, etc.

Yeah, the houses we have got in Palm Springs are million dollar houses with private pool, hot tubs, separate bedrooms and bathrooms. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be able to afford anything like that, except that it's split between many people. And, we don't even try to squeeze people in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    because there is no difference at all between a hotel room with 2 beds and a 4 bedroom house with 8 beds, pool, hot tub, huge backyard, full kitchen, etc.
    The Westin has a lot of rooms, a nice pool, a nice hot tub, nice gardens, a nice restaurant, etc.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    This year we paid 2200 for a 3 bedroom for 4 nights in Indian Palms.
    seems a ton of y'all are overpaying...i rent from the same person every year at indian palms and we get the whole house for 7 days and i pay 2400..it's actually a big 2 bedroom condo and perfect location ..right on eisenhower and odlum..so we just hope the wall and takes us 45 min to walk to the entrance..the lady i rent from loves me and they have multiple condos/homes to choose from..i could hook someone up....pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Currently looking for weekend 1 2014...we got 6-8 people it seems. We normally camp but looking to try out renting this year, don't really want to pay more than 800-1500 for 4 nights (thurs - mon). anyone have suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    seems a ton of y'all are overpaying...i rent from the same person every year at indian palms and we get the whole house for 7 days and i pay 2400..it's actually a big 2 bedroom condo and perfect location ..right on eisenhower and odlum..so we just hope the wall and takes us 45 min to walk to the entrance..the lady i rent from loves me and they have multiple condos/homes to choose from..i could hook someone up....pm me
    Message sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.