Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, Coach Vets Critique My Must Sees & Could Care Lesses

Lurker

Default Ok, Coach Vets Critique My Must Sees & Could Care Lesses

1st timer to Coachella, so lets here from the Vets of this Socal Festival of my musical choices for Friday.

My Picks for Friday

My Must Sees: The Black Keys, Warpaint, Sleigh Bells, Tame Impala, Cold War Kids, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Moving Units and Interpol.

My Really Hope To See: Glasser, The Drums, Gayngs, The Morning Benders, The Rural Alberta Advantage and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.

My If I Can Find The Time: Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Gypsy and The Cat, Marina and The Diamonds, The Klaxons and Claire Maguire.

My If I See Fine, If Not......Oh Well: Kings of Leon and Lauryn Hill.

My Have No Interest.......But It Wouldn't Kill Me: Robyn, Monarchy, OFWGKTA, Hurts, Flogging Molly, Emicida, Crystal Castles, Cold Cave, Cee Lo Green, Caifanes, The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble, Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, A-Trak and 12th Planet.

My I'm Not Going So Don't Ask!: Titus Andronicus, The Aquabats, Sander Kleinenberg, Ozomalti, Magnetic Man, Skrillex, Sasha, Mount Kimbie, Nosaj Thing, The Chemical Brothers, Kyle Hall, Kele, Jakes, Excision, Erick Morrillo, Cut Copy, Breakage, Brandon Flowers, Boys Noize, Beardyman, Afrojack and !!!

Feel Free to offer constructive criticism or flame away......tell me why you think I should reconsider on a band. Point me towards what you believe to be their definitive work so far. Be as expansive or brief as you want.

Oh and first person to tell me Fuck off, STFU, or Suck my cock gets a choice of free Car Camp or Camp pass with companion parking gift prize.......Yeah I got mine....muhaahahahaha....do you have yours beoyitches.....j/k....I sympathize really I do.....though I have mine....hehehehehe.

Default Re: Ok, Coach Vets Critique My Must Sees & Could Care Lesses

more Sahara.

I got a camping spot.

so.

STFU and GTFO
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The first thing that sticks out for me is that you refuse to see the Chemical Brothers. You might get a lot of shit for that.

But in other news: shove your pass up your ass

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

You don't need to be a Coachella vet to figure out what you want and don't want to see. I say research the linuep, take a look at artists live vids on youtube, and do what you want.

Sounds like you already have a solid idea of what you want to see, why would you change that?

Lurker

Oh and I have nothing against the electronic stuff.....it just isn't my thing. I will probably have to go to at least one of the following: The Chemical Brothers, Sphongle, or Empire of the Sun.........because of my sister. Unless I can find a way out of it.....Hmmmm?

if its anything between the three, try the Chems. Just a littttle bit.

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Needs more DFA1979.

Besides that, you already have a list so see what you want to see fuckface.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetScience View Post
    I will probably have to go to at least one of the following: The Chemical Brothers, Sphongle, or Empire of the Sun.........because of my sister.
    What a terrible sister.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie

What's your beef with The Chems?

Chems and Cut Copy are a must....

id check out Caifanes if theres nothing too conflicting, even for a second just to say you saw them.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Yeah stick to that. Have fun
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

Coachella Junkie

I will probably have to go to at least one of the following: The Chemical Brothers, Sphongle, or Empire of the Sun.........because of my sister. Unless I can find a way out of it.....Hmmmm?
    Provided she's attractive, send her my contact info and I'll watch the electronic stuff with her. It's like a win-win-win for everyone.

Why no Titus Andronicus? They're incredible live and they put out one of the best albums of the decade last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

You are making some very poor choices, friend.

As has been mentioned, watch the Chemical Brothers. No shit, it really might change your life.

I'm a big Sleigh Bells fan. I saw them last year, and I'd like to see them this year, but honestly...they should not be a priority. If it's Sleigh Bells against Cut Copy, Boyz Noize or Gayngs...skip Sleigh Bells. Trust me.

In closing, it seems like you might just kinda not be into electronic music. If that's the case, that's cool. I get it. But man... please watch The Chemical Brothers. I was serious before.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

SEE THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!! They are probably the most influential artist on the damn lineup. They are pretty much the pioneers of what electronic music is today and continue to evolve as artists. Even if EDM isn't your thing, as a music fan you should experience something new that you normally wouldn't see any other time. Their live show is nothing short of spectacular with some of the most cutting edge visuals out there. Don't be stupid Stupid. If there is any act that you want to experience at Coachella, this would be the one.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 01-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

1st timer to Coachella, so lets here from the Vets of this Socal Festival of my musical choices for Friday.

My Picks for Friday

Lurker

Provided she's attractive, send her my contact info and I'll watch the electronic stuff with her. It's like a win-win-win for everyone.
    You Sir got a DEAL!!!!!!!! I will even provide the "cutting the edge-getting to know you liquor".

Lurker

SEE THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!! They are probably the most influential artist on the damn lineup. They are pretty much the pioneers of what electronic music is today and continue to evolve as artists.
    If someone told you, "Hey you got to at least try a "SHIT" Sandwich from Greasy Larry's. They started the whole Shit Sandwich Eaten thang!"

.......would you eat the shit sandwich? Just curious. No but really I am just not into any of that, but I will probably see one of the 3 I mentioned because my sister and I said we would each choose one band the other has to see from the 3 day weekend.

We are going to let each other know closer to the event. But I know her taste and she knows mine.
    Last edited by TheSweetScience; 01-24-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Greasy Larry makes a pretty damn good Shit Sandwich. Be open minded man.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

If someone told you, "Hey you got to at least try a "SHIT" Sandwich from Greasy Larry's. They started the whole Shit Sandwich Eaten thang!"

.......would you eat the shit sandwich?
    If that is how you feel about the Chemical Brothers, you seriously should probably just not go to Coachella. Or anywhere. Just kill yourself in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Bro, you got to check out Neon Trees.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    If that is how you feel about the Chemical Brothers, you seriously should probably just not go to Coachella. Or anywhere. Just kill yourself in the face.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

.......would you eat the shit sandwich? Just curious. No but really I am just not into any of that, but I will probably see one of the 3 I mentioned because my sister and I said we would each choose one band the other has to see from the 3 day weekend.

We are going to let each other know closer to the event. But I know her taste and she knows mine.
    Think what you want kid, but Coachella is about trying new things and being open to seeing new artists. I didn't think I liked EDM until I experienced it live at Coachella in 2003. Everything changed after that.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Lurker

Think what you want kid, but Coachella is about trying new things and being open to seeing new artists. I didn't think I liked EDM until I experienced it live at Coachella in 2003. Everything changed after that.
    Oh don't worry I will have to see at least one EDM act/band. My sister is into it, and I have another sister that listens to that and nothing else (she's going to). But my niece and I will have fun with our stuff.

lol Great.

He is not into "electronic stuff". Don't force him.

meager +/- 66 people who were so into Orbital >>> 6,666 gazillion TheSweetScience crowd at ChemBros Live

If you'll find the time, please bring your A game @ "The Klaxons".

Coachella Junkie

Arman's back!

miss you man. hope all is well.

Stay the fuck away from sleigh bells if you know what's good for you. They play to previously recorded tracks and the guy plays a couple of chords on the guitar while the chick screams. Awful Awful show.
    Last edited by summerkid; 01-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Stay the fuck away from sleigh bells if you know what's good for you. They play to previous recorded tracks and the guy plays a couple of chords on the guitar while the chick screams. Awful Awful show.
    Yup. Walked out of the Gobi after like 5-10 minutes of that.

No !!! ?! For shame. They put on an incredibly fun show, a million times better than sleigh bells. Or KOL for that matter. Take your sister to see !!! (and the Chems) even if it is just for a little. Coachella is about experiencing new stuff, try all the different areas and I bet you'll find new things to love.

From your taste it seems to me you would like Lighting Bolt a lot, check them out. Other than that really just have fun!
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video