Thread: If people dont have a place to stay, then they wont sell much more festivaltix right?

Lurker

Lightbulb If people dont have a place to stay, then they wont sell much more festivaltix right?

golden voice must be losing tix sales? maybe who knows.. i need a fuking car camping spot though...
    are they gonna fix this shit?
    the day we stop learning is the day we die..

COACHELLA 07.08.09.10.11.

Default Re: If people dont have a place to stay, then they wont sell much more festivaltix ri

Coachella will sellout. Whether or not those tickets will be held by people who intend to go or not is another question.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Lurker

Default Re: If people dont have a place to stay, then they wont sell much more festivaltix ri

coachella 2008 didnt sell out... i dunno people didnt get there daft punk and radiohead
    the day we stop learning is the day we die..

COACHELLA 07.08.09.10.11.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Are you high bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

old school

There'll be an influx of "rogue camping". Just store a sleeping bag in a locker and pull it out at the end of the evening.

I always pull it out at the end of the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by frijolesx View Post
    golden voice must be losing tix sales? maybe who knows.. i need a fuking car camping spot though...
    They're buying up more land for camping and building more hotels as we speak.

Tickets are going to sell out. Some people are waiting to get paid next week too or still feel the need to wait a bit before buying that already have a hotel reservation. Don't you worry holmes. Goldenvoice is going to be A OK!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I always pull it out at the end of the evening.
    Smart man.
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

didn't some people camp out at the Walmart parking lot last year?
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

This could be real bad. We could have "homeless" people laying all over the campground and trying to sneak into our tents at night.

Banned

lol.

^ 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Altohombre View Post
    This could be real bad. We could have "homeless" people laying all over the campground and trying to sneak into our tents at night.
    Coachella '10 + '11!

I hope they are Hot Girls!

A similar thing happened last year, which was the first year of selling camping by spot instead of by person. The world did not end but it did smell a little worse. It'll work out.

golden voice must be losing tix sales? maybe who knows..
    Use a little logic here. Last year, fest tickets sold out. There is the same amount of camping this year or more.

i need a fuking car camping spot though...
    For you? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    didn't some people camp out at the Walmart parking lot last year?
    I think Walmart allows that anyway. Maybe not in a tent but in a RV or camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    There'll be an influx of "rogue camping". Just store a sleeping bag in a locker and pull it out at the end of the evening.
    You don't need a camping ticket to camp. Why not just team up with a friend who got a space?

Everyone said the same thing last year. Also, everyone was afraid of more thefts...as if people who couldn't get a camping ticket were actual homeless people. Camping sells out every year.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post

Everyone said the same thing last year. Also, everyone was afraid of more thefts...as if people who couldn't get a camping ticket were actual homeless people. Camping sells out every year.
    Camping does sell out every year ... but not at this rate. Fucking scalpers.
    2007:2009:2010:2011:2012[1]

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    I considered asking my doctor for advice, but when I asked him if he had ever been to Coachella, and his answer was "What's a Coachella?"; Everything else he said was meaningless to me after that point.

the founder of walmart was a big camper and made some rule/stipulation (sp) that at any walmart anyone can camp over night in the parking lot. i dont know if they allow tents but i know they allow cars/rvs.

last year we got to walmart at 4am on thursday and slept there till 8am. they have security guards that drive around the parking lot but they dont bother anyone camping.

good luck everyone.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I knew the walmart in indio allowed this but I didn't know it was a chain-wide rule. that's wacky.

It's popular with the senior citizen RV/snow bird crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgbgb View Post
    the founder of walmart was a big camper and made some rule/stipulation (sp) that at any walmart anyone can camp over night in the parking lot. i dont know if they allow tents but i know they allow cars/rvs.

last year we got to walmart at 4am on thursday and slept there till 8am. they have security guards that drive around the parking lot but they dont bother anyone camping.

good luck everyone.
    This needs it's own thread.

That walmart parking lot is going to be a sight to behold on Thursday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Coachella is too big of a name to not sell out these days, camping or no camping they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Use a little logic here. Last year, fest tickets sold out. There is the same amount of camping this year or more.

^This.

I do agree it would be nice if they bought more land for camping...

And to be honest even though I know everyone loves the location myself included and it's what makes Coachella, well, Coachella, I wouldn't be opposed to it being closer to a bigger city, where, hotels wouldn't have the ability to jack prices to the astronomical prices they do... they can do this because there are X# of Attendees, Y# of Campers, and Z# of available hotel rooms (within reasonable driving distance), and Y+Z way to close to X. Really, Y + Z needs to be much greater than X to avoid the massive price gouging. Which can only be fixed by increasing Y (buy more land for camping) or Z (move to a location with a higher abundance of hotels).

Alternatively the only other option is to jack up camping pass prices, which if all stays the same, inevitably will happen, and from a business point makes sense. You absolutely aren't hitting your highest profit margins selling out in 12 hours, raising the price, and raising it by a lot, is the correct business decision for next year, if all stays the same that is.

But I digress...

Default Try Sams also

The Sams club that was right next to Wal Mart closed shop.. I wouldnt bank on it if I were driving here down here, BUT, if you do find yourself where nowhere to park, you can try parking and sleeping there. HUGE emply building and parking lot..

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I knew the walmart in indio allowed this but I didn't know it was a chain-wide rule. that's wacky.
    There is a guy that actually lives in a pop-up camper at my local wal mart parking lot. Motherfucker puts up Christmas lights every year. True story.

There has been at least 3 coachellas where someone random has woken up in my tent. My friends and myself had no idea who these people were, and those strangers who wandered in, well they had no idea where they were. My tent is apparently very inviting.

I have a place to stay, but I haven't bought my festival pass yet. They will sell more tickets. A lot of people make there hotel/camping reservations before they buy festival passes.