Thread: Driving to LAX on the Monday Morning

Default Driving to LAX on the Monday Morning

I know route maps etc state that the driving time to lax from coachella is about 2.5 hours - is that accurate for leaving on Monday morning?

I'm staying in indian wells and we are coming over from Ireland just for coachella and I will be hiring a car - my flight leaves LAX at 1600 and I'm just wanting to plan ahead because I will have to get the car back for about 1230.

What time would I need to hit the road to make that?

Cheers Guys

Default Re: Driving to LAX on the Monday Morning

Funny, I flew into Ireland last year for Oxegen!

if you have to have the car back by 1230 i'd leave at 800 just to be safe. Hope this helps!
    Friday: KOL/Black Keys/Lauryn Hill/Brandon Flowers/Cold War Kids/Sleigh Bells/Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears

Saturday: Arcade Fire/Mumford & Sons/Scissor Sisters/Cage The Elephant/Two Door Cinema Club/Freelance Whales

Sunday: Kanye/Strokes/Duran Duran/The National/Jimmy Eat World/Neon Trees/Plan B

Thanks for that - I assume the drive is pretty straight forward?

What did you think of Oxegen? Last year was the first I didn't do since it started - line up has went very pop/mainstream in the last couple of years.

That plus too many drunk 14 years olds there just for acts like black eyed peas

it's a straightforward drive, yes. I actually didn't have a very good time at Oxegen last year, the crowd ruined it for me. I had the trip planned for almost a year in advance though, and the lineup was good for me, so all in all can't complain.
    Friday: KOL/Black Keys/Lauryn Hill/Brandon Flowers/Cold War Kids/Sleigh Bells/Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears

Saturday: Arcade Fire/Mumford & Sons/Scissor Sisters/Cage The Elephant/Two Door Cinema Club/Freelance Whales

Sunday: Kanye/Strokes/Duran Duran/The National/Jimmy Eat World/Neon Trees/Plan B

I can totally understand that. Thats why I can't wait for Coachella. Thanks again.

Definitely leave at 8am or earlier, you have to remember you're coming from INLAND to LA on a Monday, so there will be a lot of morning commuters. You will get to explore a So Cal favorite: 10 West FWY traffic jam.

Headed back traffic can be REAL REAL BAD. Plan on leaving at 8:00am at the latest.
    If there is an accident you can be stuck for an hour or more easily going nowhere.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I will be making the drive to downtown LA (I do it every year). I usually go Monday morning, but I can't this year because I have morning class so I will be leaving Sunday night. Anyway, when I have left on Mondays I typically leave around 10am, and still make it under 2.5 hrs. Leaving between the hours of 7-9am is putting you in 100% chance of heavy commute traffic. The car situation messes you up, and puts you in a bit of risk leaving at 10am, but I have never had a problem. To be safe you will probably have to go the earlier route and deal with traffic.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

Thanks for the advice guys - I will probably just have to deal with the traffic and leave early to be safe.

Lurker

It you are on the freeway by 9:00 you will be fine. By the time you hit the congested areas...ontari etc, the traffic shouldn't be too bad. If you hit no traffic it takes 2 hours to LAX if you hit traffic it could take up to 3 hours at the most. Take the I-10 West to the 605 South to the 105 West. Don't take the I-60.