Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here.

Default Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here.

Hi, everybody. This is a public service thread for those of you who did not get camping tickets and those of you who did get them and have extra room to post what you're looking for in the hopes that you can connect with each other and work something out.

Private messages are the best way to have people contact you. If you must post an email, post it the way I formatted it in the example below. Do not post your phone number.

PLEASE DELETE OR EDIT YOUR ENTRY WHEN YOU HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP GETTING CONTACTED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Here is a sample entry for someone who has a ticket:

Hi! There are two of us flying into LAX from Canada Thursday afternoon, and we had intended to rent a car. However, we'd love to save money on the car and would especially love to have a shade canopy at our site. We can't carry one from Canada, but if you have one and can pick us up at the airport, we'd love to share our car camping spot with you! Send a PM through the board or contact us at _______ (@) ____ (.) ___.

Here's a sample entry for someone who needs a place to stay:

Hi! Can't believe we missed out on tickets this year. There are three of us who would love to camp onsite - we don't need much space, just room for a small tent. Or, we can pick you up anywhere in the area and use our car. We can bring anything you can't - we have a campstove/canopy/screen tent and would love to share, or would be happy to contribute to or cover the cost of the spot or buy groceries and beer or whathaveyou if you're willing to let us camp with you. Get in touch via PM, please!

Best of luck.

Please do not contact me personally about the examples listed above. I do not have a camping pass.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 01-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here

Hi there...
    Last edited by Aragorn; 01-25-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Default Re: Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here

2 or 3 guys with a car looking for a car camping spot, tent spot or hotel room to stay. Arriving at LAX on Thursday afternoon.

4 people with a jeep looking for a car camping spot to share with others.
    Thanks, Luke
    Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420
    Your right, English is my second language. Ass-kicking is my first.If you want, I can give you a lesson.

Lurker

4 cute friends with a car looking for a car camping spot. or someone willing to share their camping space. From Canada!! <3

thanks for starting this thread, hannah. that's awesome.

I unfortunately did not get a camping pass. So now I'm hoping there is someone in Portland who wouldn't mind letting me tag along with them to Coachella. This would be my 8th year, and my first time going solo. I plan to keep to my schedule inside the festival, just need a place to stay each night. I am happy to split all costs and I've got a canopy and extra sleeping bags. It seems odd to ask someone to let me camp with them. But don't worry, I'm a totally normal and fun guy.

With me, the only thing "you gonna get" is gas money and a relief ride.

Hi everybody - I think you're all going to be more successful here if you talk a little more about yourselves and include a little bit more about what you're willing to offer. Everybody's looking for a camping spot. You need to convince people that your group is the right one to pick. Who are you excited about seeing this year? Know any tricks? Ever been arrested for public nudity?

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

I unfortunately did not get a camping pass. So now I'm hoping there is someone in Portland who wouldn't mind letting me tag along with them to Coachella. This would be my 8th year, and my first time going solo. I plan to keep to my schedule inside the festival, just need a place to stay each night. I am happy to split all costs and I've got a canopy and extra sleeping bags. It seems odd to ask someone to let me camp with them. But don't worry, I'm a totally normal and fun guy.

This is good. Do it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Know any tricks? Ever been arrested for public nudity?
    I've never been caught - that's my trick.

if anyone gets really desperate, i have heard that the local wallmart may not care if people park overnight there. look for the wallmart in indio. I would call them to clarify though, I have not confirmed this myself.

also there are near by truck stops, i assume the kind where big rigs rest for the night, they even have showers. I have 2 listed on our directions/travel page
    http://coachella.com/event/directions
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

^^ I would totally consider that! the walmart part at least. taking a shower at a truck stop though...i'd probably have to drench it in bleach first. i don't want crabs.

actually, i just checked out that truck stop website (wow they have a website) and the showers look better than some dorm rooms.

http://www.tatravelcenters.com/virtual-tour#

yes i link to both websites.. and also i have been to both places numerous times (regular desert party 'rave' person here) often stopping there to refill, get directions, etc. And both places seem cleaner than the usual rest stops off the 10. it's definitely worth considering.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Lurker

hey guys!
    We have 6 super nice and fun people from san diego that are in dire need of a place to sleep.
    If anyone has an extra car camping ticket we are willing
    We have 2 canopies and other camping necessities such as coolers, stoves, extra tents, and a portable solar shower that we are more than willing to share. Drinks on us
    thanks so much, cheers

hello! it is just me and one other girl at the moment looking for a spot to sleep in the campsite. we'll hardly take up any room and can supply almost anything you may need. TENTS. BLANKETS. SLEEPING BAGS. COOLERS. ALCOHOL. FOOD. ETC!! we are both females, 22 and 23 years old. from orange county, CA. loooove to have a good time and meet new people. like i said, we are more than happy to contribute to your spot! i have pictures of me and my friend in my profile.

send me a PM or email me: ccdancer@csu.fullerton.edu

and we'll go from there
    Last edited by ccdancer; 01-23-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Lurker
    outskirts of seattle...ok 20 miles south..haha!

Its myself and two others ( one the biggest Wu tang/ Badu fan I know the other loves the strokes) myself ...eh somewhere in the middle. We're all stoked to see One day as a lion, badu and gogol though (all first timers at Coachella WAHOO!) . We can offer food, booze, herbage, camping supplies and an endless amount of amusement with our antics..and if thats not enough then ...yeah we'll throw in some money as well. We're looking for a tent spot on grounds or within walking distance. We're all pretty laid back people with a array of different tastes and opinions. We've got a film school student, an aspiring voice actress and a community organizer. We only need room for two tents and yeah...I dont think any of us have been arrested for running around nude...though i did have a close call in my teenage rampage days ha good times. Shoot me a message if you have a offer. Thanks and Good luck

Cheers
    -Nata

Lurker
    outskirts of seattle...ok 20 miles south..haha!

Its myself and two others ( one the biggest Wu tang/ Badu fan I know the other loves the strokes) myself ...eh somewhere in the middle. We're all stoked to see One day as a lion, badu and gogol though (all first timers at Coachella WAHOO!) . We can offer food, booze, herbage, camping supplies and an endless amount of amusement with our antics..and if thats not enough then ...yeah we'll throw in some money as well. We're looking for a tent spot on grounds or within walking distance. We're all pretty laid back people with a array of different tastes and opinions. We've got a film school student, an aspiring voice actress and a community organizer. We only need room for two tents and yeah...I dont think any of us have been arrested for running around nude...though i did have a close call in my teenage rampage days ha good times. Shoot me a message if you have a offer. Thanks and Good luck

Cheers
    -Nata

Lurker

I am with 4 other guys all coming over from australia we will most likely have a car or 2 between us and will be staying in west hollywood before we go, if anyone can help us out with some space even for 2 or 3 of us we would be stoked, its my second time to coachella i went last year and camped so really keen to camp again because it was so good.
    pm me or facebook jackson poultney

any info is greatly appreciated Dani! thanks!

We have a group of 3 coming from Denver. We are very well equipped for tent camping (shade tent, shower, oven, stove, etc). We planned on buying the camping tickets early as I expected them to sell out but not as fast as they did. If any one has any space they would be willing to share, we are all ears and willing to pay as well.

If we can't work something out, we'll have some festival tickets to sell soon.... which leads me to another thought. We discussed buying a few extra festival tickets (in hopes they sell out) to leverage against a camping tickets. What is the feel on sell out of the festival tickets?

I actually think that's probably a pretty good tactic. Please keep in mind that I do not currently nor have I ever worked for Goldenvoice and they cannot be held accountable for my statement should it prove to be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

Hey, so I'm from Portland as well, only thing is I don't have a ride unless i get a plane ticket but that is pretty expensive and a couple of pay checks i can afford it, but it you find a ride or if anyone reads this and is from Portland Or please pick me up, I'll pitch in for gas, though if you can let me off around valencia, ca to meet up with friends. I am camping at Lake Cahuilla, and two more people are allowed to join; if my other friends dont take up on that offer soon, so putting that out there, helping with food would be really helpful or providing a big tent or so. Okay ramble ramble ramble

I have some friends that slept in their car in the wal-mart parking lot last year. One of them was even a cute girl (and the other one was a dude that is really short and obviously couldn't have defended her properly if that had been required. think devin. [no offense devin.])

anyway, nobody got raped or anything. wal-mart was cool with it even. everything worked out and they had a happy coachella.

just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

hey coachella!!! we are three and SURPRISE!! have no camping pass. didn't think i could go this year so didn't plan well but i get to go now, so my world is still sweeter than yesterday )) i am a female. 31. stoked to enjoy my third year!! eryka badu, black keys, once again arcade fire ahhhhhhh are must sees for me but the whole experience of the weekend is what i crave most. sarah also 31 will probably be your favorite person you have ever met. great honest energy and dan 31 will be able to discuss most bands on the venue. We are experienced campers and have everything and extras too!! If you have space we could share beer, food, body paint, stories money whatever you need please ask!! ps we'll also have a motorbike with us for easy store runs

My 2 friends and I (all 24/m) are driving down from SF to Indio and we were looking for some space in a car/tent camping spot. We have a car companion pass so we'll be parking somewhere else. We shouldn't take up much space, plus we'll throw in some $ and beer. We're all laid-back Bay Area dudes that want to Coachella it up! PM me if you want to discuss.

Thanks!!!

Hello Friendly People,
    Group of 4 (2 couples). We are flying in from NYC and missed out on the camping passes but managed to score a companion parking ticket. If you have an extra car or tent camping pass please let me know I will gladly pay face value for it. Otherwise, if you have space in your campsite, I don't know how the companion camping works but we'd need space for a small tent or two, let me know if you have room and want to camp for free (I'll pay your camping ticket).

Send me a message if you can help.

Peace,
    -Juan
    Coachella 2006,2007,2008,2009
    3 Days + Onsite Camping
    http://www.youtube.com/coachellabands

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

All booked up
    Last edited by thewoodenman; 04-05-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: we done filled up
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

Hi all,

I know it is very early to be posting this...
    I am 23/male from the Inland Empire area who is going to coachella this year. I bought my ticket but could not buy a car camping pass along with it.
    I can offer a ride if you need one if you are within a 50 mile radius from me, and can also offer a ride back if you need. Can also offer beer, my camping amenities, etc once we are there! All I ask for is that you let me camp in your spot. I am going alone, though I will have friends at coachella, I will be going alone and their spot is all booked up.

I also am looking for people that maybe want to go in together on an overpriced car camping ticket from ebay...but this would be my last option.

Or if you arent selling your car camping ticket for 400+...and have an extra, please let me know!

You can contact me here or my email robotnee (@) gmail . com

Thanks!

Also, I was planning to leave thursday at noon. meaning on my way to Indio by noon. So hopefully you are one of the few that wants to go early as well!
    Last edited by blazenation; 01-24-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention a few things

Talking Re: Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here

2 23/24 yr old females from Tempe AZ looking for someone to camp with! We did not get a pass on time. We would go in on the price as well as whatever else we need. PLEASEEE!!

Red face Re: Campsite Sharing Arrangements - Have Extra Room? Have Nowhere to Stay? Click Here

Looks like my group needs either 1 or 2 car camping passes!!!

Will pay a reasonable price or share goodies. Please PM me...

Thank you...