Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Coachella goers without a camping pass...

Default Vegas Coachella goers without a camping pass...

I don't have a camping pass but am thinking that if I can find people to carpool with me, and share the burden of a $400 camping pass, then we can share the camp spot. I'm leaving Vegas on Thursday and returning on Monday. I'm thinking 6 people total. I might wait a few days more to see what happens, and if I get a spot I'd be more than willing to take in someone. Anyone thinking the same thing?
    Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420
    Your right, English is my second language. Ass-kicking is my first.If you want, I can give you a lesson.

Default Re: Vegas Coachella goers without a camping pass...

I might be interested...I've already got my festie ticket and time off work...I kinda wanna wait to see if this frenzy dies down and camping tickets go down in price but I'm also trying to be realistic...this'll be my 3rd coachella and I have a sweet setup, got a canopy, camp table, battery lights, tapestries for extra shade etc...pm me...like I said, I'm not positive if I wanna react this fast on insanely priced tickets but its worth talking about...btw: I've been reading these boards since my 1st coachella in '08 and I've gotten a lot of awesome info off of here so thanks to everyone who's ideas have inspired my campsite...I hope to have one again this year...
    Last edited by vdubshani; 01-22-2011 at 10:16 PM.

I might be able to help you guys out, I have my pass, but my friends are procrastinating buying tickets. So...I am leaving on Wed night and meeting my group that night in Indio. Ill keep you posted on details, but we always meet up at 10 am in Indio for breaky and then caravan in. We have 10 spots this year.

hey guys. dont panic. theres plenty of time to sort out whos staying where. as long as you have the fest tickets, your good. I dont have a car camping spot either. ill start worrying sometime in early april.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Hey, I'm willing to entertain any idea that gets me a camping spot and am talking to numerous people about a few different things. This will be my 5th year so I know what camping means to the overall experience. But please keep me in mind. I might have a pass lined up for 200, which considering where the passes are at on ebay isnt bad. If that happens, I'll post on the board that I can accommodate 1 small tent/2 people. And I'll squeeze at least 2 small tents and a car onto my site. If someone helps me out, it just makes sense to do the same.
    Your right, English is my second language. Ass-kicking is my first.If you want, I can give you a lesson.

Hey jockey, Im not sure if you saw my post with an idea for sharing a spot with another person from vegas, ill just quote it here. Id be willing to split the $200 pass with you if we did this. Basically I need a car camping spot and to be able to bring my truck for all my crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    You can ride there with me Thursday (and back monday) and Ill share all my camping stuff with you in exchange for sharing your spot with me and my gf. I drive a fullsize truck so theres plenty of room for all your stuff. Dont worry Ill be placing my tent on a platform over the bed of my truck so there will be plenty of room for you and your tent. AND Ill cook for you, good food too. Pancakes and eggs in AM, BBQ at night. If you smoke ill share my herbs.

We do the Campground Cookout group so our spot will be adjacent to a bunch of other cool friendly people. So this is also a good way to meet a bunch of new coachella friends to party with in the campground.

My camping stuff consists of:
    Shade canopy
    110v power via inverter
    Misting system (tested last year was amazing)
    Couch
    Full size propane BBQ grill
    a Keg (yes i know the rules say no kegs)

how many does your truck seat?

We'll need to figure out the 2 car situation, but you seem pretty solid about going so if you want I can PM you my contact info. The guy with the pass said he can't sell it till he gets it but he seemed pretty cool about it. It's my wife, me and another couple. But we have 2 small tents (backpacking tents if that gives you an idea of how small they are ) , so it shouldn't be a problem. Let me know.

truck can seat 5, but it will be cramped in the back seat. We got our festival passes and are going for sure. Whats the deal with companion parking? maybe we could get one of those for the second car. Should be able to make it work with 3 couples on the spot if your tents are small.

So what would we do about the 2nd vehicle? Other than that id say splitting the 200 pass 3 ways sounds good to me.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jockeyfullofbourbon View Post
    So what would we do about the 2nd vehicle? Other than that id say splitting the 200 pass 3 ways sounds good to me.
    I've posted on a few of your other threads about this...

I like where you guys are going with this Vegas group plan. I have me (26F) for sure and maybe a +1 (26F from Phoenix). I can ride/drive/bring gear/bring beer/bring money or all of the above. I've gone the last 3 years solo but I just can't handle the traffic to an off-site spot when I'm by myself. PM me please if I can hop on with your crew...

Ok so all (Las)Vegans who are interested in doing something like this keep an eye out for a good deal on a camping pass. If the duplicate passed do get resold and you see it buy 2!

So far looks like 3 couples + 1 single, and I know another couple without a camping pass who might be interested. Maybe we should consider buying 2 passes between us all and carpooling with 2 vehicles? This would solve our second vehicle dilemma.

I think if you look around on the board and elsewhere, you can still find some people that are looking to completely stick it to you on the passes (all things considered 200 isnt that bad) but I'd say with companion parking sold out, 2 car camping passes is the way to go. So I'll just look for 2 as well. I've always wanted to carpool to Coachella, so this will be nice, plus it lessens the hit we're all taking on passes.

i think no matter what we should all drive together...how fun!!

I just found a camping (no car,just tent) pass for 400. Jump on it or pass?

I'm still under the assumption i have a car camping pass lined up for 200, but I'm still looking for others. vdubshani is right, carpooling will be a great way to experience the festival. Maybe even make new friends to go to Coachella with next year when we're all smart enough to buy camping passes on layaway or day of sale.

sounds good to me. And yeah $200 is definitely worth it.

Ok so if youre interested in this send me a PM with your contact info and number of people in your party. If youre willing to drive include what kind of vehicle you drive and how many it seats. Serious people who have their festival passes only please!

Does leaving Thursday morning and coming back Monday work for everyone?

Ill be taking my truck for me, gf, and 3 (skinny) passengers. Ill have plenty of room for gear too.

Heres what i'm thinking:
    Whoever gets a good deal on pass(es) first, buy em and let us know. Everyone else pays their share to the buyer(s) on Thursday when we leave Vegas together.

We should probably limit this to 10-12 people realistically, with 2 spots. Once we have our group finalized we should all meet up for lunch or something.

By the way not trying to take over your thread jockey, just want to get organised.

Id say pass on the $400 tent pass, we should camp together. I think theyll go down a bit in price in feb too.

Hey, my name is Luke. And however you wish to organize this is fine by me. I'm definitely looking for 2 passes to accommodate a potentially larger group. 10-12 is ideal, definitely. I take a dodge van that seats 7 to Coachella every year, with plenty of room for gear, food,etc..If I had 7 and you 5 then that'd be 12 right there.

Nice to meet ya Luke. Im Mike. I was wondering if someone had a van, thatd be perfect.

Group of four in Vegas, Coachella veterans. I will keep my ear to the ground on the car camping tix as well. Thurs-Mon is perfect.
    Years Attended:

So i talked to a friend that gets comps from goldenvoice and subsequently has never paid to get into Coachella and he's working on getting a car camping pass.

Nice!

Well, now that tickets have sold out it is officially just me going to coachella...I have a full campsite setup but I guess since its just me all I need is my tent and a lil space...lemme know what the word is on camping tix cause I'm down...I drive a new beetle that honestly has enough room for 2 people and all our stuff if needed...I love driving and never miss an opportunity for a road trip...soooooo, lemme know if there's room to be included in the vegas to coachella plan...peace...

Got my tickets, don't know if everyone else did. I got them last night. I lucked out on that one. Anyways, I think my group might have shrunk as a result of the sell out. So now I'm at 2 of 7 people. Still looking into a few camping spot leads/waiting out the current demand for car camping passes. Maybe some who didnt get tickets will sell their pass. Either way, Mike (jankypirate) and I can take 8 total. If you find any passes that are reasonable let us know. pm me if you'd like my contact info.
    Luke

^^^^
    i pm'd you my contact info...

Smile Re: Vegas Coachella goers without a camping pass...

Hi,

We sprung on a camping pass/companion pass for $275 pretty quickly as we expected a group of 8-10 as we had last year. However, the quick sellout of the tickets pretty much broke up the group and we could really use some help with the camping pass cost (gotta make my tix layaway payment!) and also make some new friends.

We are a young couple in Las Vegas, (23F and 26M) and already have our tickets on layaway. Also, the camping was purchased from an acquaintance who, unfortunately, is one of those who bought extra for scalping, but at least it is secure.

Anyone interested in planning a meetup to make plans?

Yeah we'll definitely get together closer to the festival to meet and make plans. Theres still a lot of uncertainty in peoples plans yet, but theres definitely plenty of people who need passes.

Bloodsugar would you be willing to carpool too? If so how many passengers can you take? I'm assuming you're driving since you've already got your pass?

I think I have a camping pass in exchange for an airport pickup in palm springs now, obviously I cant give out space on their spot. I do still have several leads on a camping passes though so Ill let you guys know if one comes through. And Im definitely still down to caravan there.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but even if you buy a tent only pass it comes with a parking spot in a separate lot.

There are also companion parking spots for sale too for extra cars. I mean they're sold out just like camping, but if you guys roll in in more than 1 vehicle, than get one of these companion passes too and you can make it work.

Good luck guys. I'm coming from MN, and have actually entertained the idea of flying into Vegas instead of LAX or Palm Springs since I have a couple of extra days off to burn.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I really like the way this is coming together so calmly...if u take a look around the boards people are freakin out and here we are, a bunch of people who never met, and there isn't an ounce of worry or stress...a vegas caravan is going to be great!