Thread: Vancouver, BC - I have 2 friends who need a ride

Default Vancouver, BC - I have 2 friends who need a ride

Hey, I live in Vancouver, BC and I am flying down to the festival. However, I have two friends who really want to go, but cannot afford the flight... or anything other than the tickets basically. So, since I am regular on the forum, I told them I would try to find them a ride.

So, they are basically down to leave whenever. They both have their liscence and can help drive. Ideally, they said they would like to do the 21 hour drive in one shot, taking turns driving/sleeping. That way avoiding spending money on hotels. Like I said... they can't really afford anything aside the tickets. It wouldn't be a free ride though. They said they would chip in $50-60 in gas.

If anyone from Vancouver, BC is reading this and has room for 2 really awesome dudes on their way to and back from Coachella, let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Default Re: Vancouver, BC - I have 2 friends who need a ride

If they didn't already know... return flights from Bellingham were $218cdn last night. Flying = 2 more days of work = costs easily offset!

And the drive sucks.

I know. That is what I am doing. One has a job that doesn't care how long he leaves for, the other doesn't have a job... work is of no concern to them. They just don't have enough money for a flight, but figure that have enough to contribute $50-60 for gas.

By the way, where did you find those $218 flights? Cheapest I have found is like $260 and I thought that wasn't too bad. Saving an extra $40 would be awesome though!
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Expedia.ca has been rock solid... I've ended up booking 3 Coachellas and last years Lollapalooza through them. I'll often check the 'discount' sites and use that info to book directly with the airline but it turns out Expedia has had a better price a lot of the time.

We're flying with Alaska... I should have mentioned that 8 of us got tickets at $218 while the remaining 2 were hit with an increased price (due to our groups demand alone lol) of $238.

I remember looking at Allegiant last year out of Bellingham.. their prices were cheaper (199 return?) but schedules weren't as frequent.

Still a steal either way, we paid $375 for the 2010 trip.

Right now on expedia if you leave Bellingham on Thursday (04/14) and fly back Monday (04/18) tickets are $327. But if you arrive Wednesday (04/13) and fly back Tuesday (4/19) tickets are $225. Looks like I may have to spend an extra day or two in Indio.