Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Camping Scalpers: I hope your immediate family catches AIDS and dies

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Default Re: Car Camping Scalpers: I hope your immediate family catches AIDS and dies

Right, let's blame the scalpers trying to make a buck instead of GV for putting the tickets below market value, or yourselves for not being prepared.

Camp somewhere else, there are plenty of places, it's not the end of the world, it will still be fun. It's even cheaper to camp elsewhere. And you can go to IHOP in the morning instead of being locked inside. Silver linings people.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Default Re: Car Camping Scalpers: I hope your immediate family catches AIDS and dies

What is this market value bullshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

old school

Quote Originally Posted by evasquez7 View Post
    Why would they do that? They already earned all the money they expected. That would be a stupid business decision.
    What i wonder is if they have so far sold far more camping tix than festival tix.

This could backfire on Coachella if they have 20,000 festival passes to move with nowhere for those people to stay.

I'm also curious to see if "piggybacking" camping passes becomes popular on cragslist. Camping passes bought for 2 people can have 6-8 "piggyback" through the gates.

Why would there suddenly be no place for people to stay? Unless GV has upped capacity (they haven't) or dozens of local hotels have gone out of business since last April (doubt it), I don't foresee this being a problem. The fest will sell out. And GV is always helpful in directing people to hotels and camping nearby.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I get that you're being sarcastic, but chances are that you're not, and I think it's pretty pathetic that you would wish AIDS on someone. I'm a full time RN, working hospice, caring for people who are dying of AIDS, cancer and various other diseases - I still figured out a way to get my camping pass. Don't sit there acting cute, and pretend most people don't have full time jobs - welcome to adulthood. You should know from various other years that camping sells out quick - Obviously, DON'T PUT IT OFF.

Anyone who has posted on this thread wishing someone death by AIDS or cancer or anything else has obviously NEVER seen anyone actually die, and especially never seen anyone die of any of these illnesses. Grow a little, mature a little, and when you see your parents or grandparents suffer through those horrible times, you'll understand what you're wishing on someone else. I get that you're bummed, and I'm sorry that lame scalpers bought the tickets...but you make me sick. If you have time to wish someone an excruciating death on a freaking MESSAGE BOARD, you probably had access/time to get your tickets. Sorry to be a debbie downer guys, but Get. It. Together. And also....grow the fuck up.

Banned

You guys got to realize this. This festival is so popular now that its going to sell out no matter what. And no matter what, the scalpers win because theres so many people out there with money that are willing to pay top dollar no matter what. Money in all honestly, is not an issue.

Scalpers did have some sort of blame in it. But I also think it is contributed to the fact that it did sell out last year so the people who got screwed over last year bought them early. Luckily I did think of this so I got my camping pass. That being said I might have other arrangements so I might have a ticket available, but that won't be known for at least some time from now.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Why would there suddenly be no place for people to stay? Unless GV has upped capacity (they haven't) or dozens of local hotels have gone out of business since last April (doubt it), I don't foresee this being a problem. The fest will sell out. And GV is always helpful in directing people to hotels and camping nearby.
    If you were on the fence about attending, and checked accomodation(anything with 30 minutes?) before buying tickets would you say "screw it"?

I also think attendees travelling in pairs boughts camping tix, meaning it's "sold out" at the same time as being nowhere near headcount capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by deevee View Post
    I get that you're being sarcastic, but chances are that you're not, and I think it's pretty pathetic that you would wish AIDS on someone. I'm a full time RN, working hospice, caring for people who are dying of AIDS, cancer and various other diseases - I still figured out a way to get my camping pass. Don't sit there acting cute, and pretend most people don't have full time jobs - welcome to adulthood. You should know from various other years that camping sells out quick - Obviously, DON'T PUT IT OFF.

Anyone who has posted on this thread wishing someone death by AIDS or cancer or anything else has obviously NEVER seen anyone actually die, and especially never seen anyone die of any of these illnesses. Grow a little, mature a little, and when you see your parents or grandparents suffer through those horrible times, you'll understand what you're wishing on someone else. I get that you're bummed, and I'm sorry that lame scalpers bought the tickets...but you make me sick. If you have time to wish someone an excruciating death on a freaking MESSAGE BOARD, you probably had access/time to get your tickets. Sorry to be a debbie downer guys, but Get. It. Together. And also....grow the fuck up.
    No you're not. Shut up.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

you wanna mouthful of AIDS?
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Nipples I got you bro if you need a spot PM me. I've reconsidered and am coming out from underneath the binary blanket despite my disgust for the headliners.
    thanks alot man, its much appreciated.im trying to get a handle on a pass by the end of today since i'll be camping with another head but if things fall through ill definitely give you a holler. well be meeting up either way this year for sure though...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Interesting first and only post. As a fellow RN, having seen on a regular basis the same events you describe, I must point out that while wishing diseases upon ones enemies may not be common in the field, I lul on a regular basis at the misfortune my patients suffer. It is mandatory for someone in my circle of peers, that someone make a disparaging comment regarding the illness of a complete asshole. It is a coping mechanism for dealing with human beings at their most vulnerable moments. Also, your experience in hospice should have you closely in touch with recognizing the stages of grief you see exhibited on this message board. As nurses we have a duty to remain empathetic to the plights of others and honor the way in which they choose to express their feelings.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Interesting first and only post. As a fellow RN, having seen on a regular basis the same events you describe, I must point out that while wishing diseases upon ones enemies may not be common in the field, I lul on a regular basis at the misfortune my patients suffer. It is mandatory for someone in my circle of peers, that someone make a disparaging comment regarding the illness of a complete asshole. It is a coping mechanism for dealing with human beings at their most vulnerable moments. Also, your experience in hospice should have you closely in touch with recognizing the stages of grief you see exhibited on this message board. As nurses we have a duty to remain empathetic to the plights of others and honor the way in which they choose to express their feelings.
    Fucking sigged.
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Fucking sigged.
    I also want to make it clear that I was taking a shit while posting this.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

With the evil fuckin Ebert avy too. Ha hah ah ha hah ha

You people just don't get it! The camping passes are all gone because so many people want to go to Coachella this year! Glastonbury sold out in hours, all tickets. The festival tickets will go quickly too and the camping sell out is just indicative of how fast the festival tickets will sell out too.

Hopefully those with camping tickets will adopt those without. We adopted 4 people last year. We have about 15 camping in our spots this year and I am sure we will adopt more people too.

I really feel bad for everyone that did not get tickets but it is the popularity of Coachella most likely and not scalpers that sold out camping so very fast. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    any dupes will be cancelled and spit back onto the system automatically. check over the next day or two. you might get lucky and catch one.
    What's the best way to go about doing this? I'd hate to think I missed something while refreshing a ticketmaster page throughout the day...

Banned

yeah i dont know if im refreshing the right page lol

Two words: Lake Cahuilla. We missed out on a pass last year and it was amazing there. Tons of room, no overcrowded showers, rad people, ins/outs whenever. Problem is you need a car since it's 5mi away.

For now they're booked, but we got a huge spot in 'overflow' last year the week before Coachella.

Coachella always makes a way. Don't worry.

Last edited by garf13ld 5and3rs; 01-22-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Banned

lol. god damn. ok so say i got 5 people camping. and a ticket is 250.. only 50 to camp per person.

ugh. i gotta figure this shit out.

This is the first time camping passes have ever sold out right away. Ive been going every year since 2007 and never had to buy my passes the second they go on sale. You're right last year was a good sign that it might sell out quick this year, thats why i tried to buy my pass the day it went on sale. All you people saying we were unprepared or need to get our shit together need to fuck off.

Banned

^truth.. for us to expect that camping passes sell out in 12 hours?!
    come on. based on its track record you can't really be blaming people that had to work without internet access and then had things to take care of later on a friday...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlesthesheep View Post
    ^truth.. for us to expect that camping passes sell out in 12 hours?!
    come on. based on its track record you can't really be blaming people that had to work without internet access and then had things to take care of later on a friday...
    Layaway for the past few weeks?
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScenestar View Post
    Layaway for the past few weeks?
    True, wishing I had used it now but i wanted to just pay in a lump sum.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Right, let's blame the scalpers trying to make a buck instead of GV for putting the tickets below market value, or yourselves for not being prepared.

Camp somewhere else, there are plenty of places, it's not the end of the world, it will still be fun. It's even cheaper to camp elsewhere. And you can go to IHOP in the morning instead of being locked inside. Silver linings people.
    I don't think that's fair since NOBODY saw this coming, definitely in the first few hours after everything went on sale.

This year's lineup has had so much hemming and hawing and "ew, I'm not going if Kanye's there", there wasn't exactly as much of a "OMG COACHELLA MUST.GO" thing going on on the Internetz, so it wasn't really expected that these would get snatched up so quickly.

That's why everyone is pissed, and I understand. Seeing this shit end up on eBay and all that is just shit-flavored icing on the shit cake. Or something.

EDIT and I will ALWAYS blame scalpers for being assholes because scalpers are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by a3s1g1 View Post
    This year's lineup has had so much hemming and hawing and "ew, I'm not going if Kanye's there", there wasn't exactly as much of a "OMG COACHELLA MUST.GO" thing going on on the Internetz, so it wasn't really expected that these would get snatched up so quickly.
    Coachella Message Board = Small fraction of attendees. Everyone I talked to outside of this board though that it was the greatest line up ever, mainly by people who last year was first year or never have been before.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Coachella Message Board = Small fraction of attendees. Everyone I talked to outside of this board though that it was the greatest line up ever, mainly by people who last year was first year or never have been before.
    I'm referring more to my buddies on Facebook and Twitter and real-life friends, a lot of which have said "meh" to the lineup, somehow. Still, obviously a fraction of real Coachella attendees, but still.

Then you might have smarter more intelligent friends then I do when it comes to music. That I salute you.