Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Arguments aside, I do think we can all agree that he has a pretty fucking rad haircut
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Mouth was so much better as a Goonie.
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella

This guy is gayer then a fanny pack full of dicks

I bet he still misses Michael Jackson
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by myelectrolife View Post

OK, I'm glad someone else saw the resemblance. Eerie.

I'm pretty sure it's actually Crispin Glover trolling us all again.

^ LOL @ Crispin Glover.......a troll among trolls

now first i will admit i like the track ghost and sprites its pretty fucking dirty but i try to listen to his other stuff and omg its just shite! He basically got billed for his connections in the biz deadmau5 and now his beatport dl im sure there will be lots of miss informed people at his set people like 6blocc deserve to be there not new hipster dub pop with chainsaw sounds

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    damn that is pretty gay
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

I have it on pretty good authority that Skrillex is straight. So, sorry breeders, you've got to own this one!

Don't sully the gays with this nonsense.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by myelectrolife View Post

aaaaaand match.

i'll check out his set if there is absolutely no one else half-decent playing at the time. i want to see if the bro factor matches up to Ultra
    2013: GESAFFELSTEIN - washed out - ZZT - SCUBA - chase & status - munchi - dillon francis - mim0sa - JWLS - bro safari - koan sound - mord fustang - skream - spencer & hill - eskmo - black van - clouds - actress - gemini - clive tanaka - angger dimas - griz - blackmill - adam k & soha - boom jinx & jaytech - burial -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakonfat View Post
    I don't know if you have noticed, but most "DJs" do what Skrillex does. They make songs, then when it comes to playing them live, they press play and act like they're awesome, and barely do anything.

This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Dude. This is exactly what Bassnectar does and everything thinks his "live" sets are awesome. I've seen his ableton set with my own eyeballs. He just presses play, the entire set plays out pre-programmed and he just fiddles with knobs the ENTIRE set.

Super whacktastic.

Yeah, Im not going to bust someones balls because they suck at DJing but do all of their work in the studio. Doing great studio work is more impressive to me than a good DJ set, but in this case Skrillex makes terrible studio music. Crappy studio music being mixed crappily makes a huge amount of shit coming out his fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatactics View Post
    "A: All this talk about dubstep vs. brostep is crazy. I have been listening to dubstep the last couple of months and following some discussions here and on other forums, and it feels like I've traveled back to the 90's when I used to listen to hiphop and got into heated arguments about mainstream vs. underground shit. Which, looking back at it, was fucking stupid.

B: Agreed, except replace months with years and hip hop with punk rock. The term brostep is so pejorative. I hate it. I understand the distinction dubstep purists are making but come on. I think the term dubstep has evolved beyond the original definition and while that doesn't mean you can't point out that initially the dubstep "sound" was something different, it does mean you should stop being elitist dicks about it."

So how about that? I read the title of this thread in shock. I'm new to the message boards and sort of didn't know what to expect, but how can you people be such dicks? I don't expect the message boards to reflect Coachella's fanbase, or Coachella's electro fanbase for that matter, but with comments like this:

I didn't come here to begin to believe that Coachella go-ers are small-minded assholes who belittle people for enjoying a certain type of music, and marginalizing them as dick-heads or "bros" with poor taste. Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit? Because he may be their first electro artist and ENJOY his FUCKING MUSIC? Or do you plan drifting behind the walls of the internet on your keyboard and continue ridiculing his fans and Skrillex himself?

Who the fuck are you to call him a horrible? Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture? And if I didn't get the memo, I apologize, but is the purpose of the lineup threads to ruthlessly fucking deteriorate an artists reputation and reputability?

Understand something: people listen to music for different purposes. Electronic music is evolving and is begin to find influence from different genres. I don't only speak for myself when I say that I listen to Skrillex (or any other electro artist) because his/her music is well produced. I will admit, there are a lot of what you guys are calling "brostep" tracks and productions that lack tremendous taste and basic finesse. A lot of them just sound amateur in their mixing and mastering and are difficult to listen to. On the same note, a lot of utterly filthy tracks are incredibly well made and sound amazing. People like them. Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because the bass feels great and it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts. On top of the basic fact that I LIKE HIS FUCKING MUSIC. Others, I'm sure, have their reasons for loving the music.. just as any fan of any artist enjoys his/their music. And for fuck's sake, there is no such thing as brostep. "Fuck you and everyone who perpetuates this fucking ridiculous made-up sub-sub-genrefication. As if other electronic music communities needed any more fodder against bassheads, we go and willingly prefix "bro" onto our music."

Skrillex may be a new producer who started only two years ago, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. You might argue that he doesn't have the full knowledge that somebody who's been making music for longer. And you know what, you're right. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, people like the guy and what he's doing. If his music wasn't well produced or bearable, he would not have sold as many records/tracks as he did. If you hate him, don't fucking go see him. If you absolutely can't stand the fact that he's part of the lineup, I'm so fucking sorry...i hope someone gives you those 1-2 hours of your life back that you probably wouldn't have spent seeing him anyway.

TL;DR: show some fucking respect. and yes, I'm fucking mad, bro.

Can't you read the sign homie. It says wrap that shit up B.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

for the life of me I don't understand why Mary Anne Hobbs is going to coachella. She's a radio DJ, not a producer. Granted she plays a lot of good stuff, but she's basically a mp3 blog. Why does coachella waste a slot that could have been used for someone actually making the music that Hobbs is going to play?

oh and btw reports from the Skrillex show in SF last saturday are that the crowd was unfucking bearable. Several friends just outright left almost immediately because the vibe was so horrid.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

"A: All this talk about dubstep vs. brostep is crazy. I have been listening to dubstep the last couple of months and following some discussions here and on other forums, and it feels like I've traveled back to the 90's when I used to listen to hiphop and got into heated arguments about mainstream vs. underground shit. Which, looking back at it, was fucking stupid.

B: Agreed, except replace months with years and hip hop with punk rock. The term brostep is so pejorative. I hate it. I understand the distinction dubstep purists are making but come on. I think the term dubstep has evolved beyond the original definition and while that doesn't mean you can't point out that initially the dubstep "sound" was something different, it does mean you should stop being elitist dicks about it."

So how about that? I read the title of this thread in shock. I'm new to the message boards and sort of didn't know what to expect, but how can you people be such dicks? I don't expect the message boards to reflect Coachella's fanbase, or Coachella's electro fanbase for that matter, but with comments like this:

I didn't come here to begin to believe that Coachella go-ers are small-minded assholes who belittle people for enjoying a certain type of music, and marginalizing them as dick-heads or "bros" with poor taste. Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit? Because he may be their first electro artist and ENJOY his FUCKING MUSIC? Or do you plan drifting behind the walls of the internet on your keyboard and continue ridiculing his fans and Skrillex himself?

Who the fuck are you to call him a horrible? Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture? And if I didn't get the memo, I apologize, but is the purpose of the lineup threads to ruthlessly fucking deteriorate an artists reputation and reputability?

Understand something: people listen to music for different purposes. Electronic music is evolving and is begin to find influence from different genres. I don't only speak for myself when I say that I listen to Skrillex (or any other electro artist) because his/her music is well produced. I will admit, there are a lot of what you guys are calling "brostep" tracks and productions that lack tremendous taste and basic finesse. A lot of them just sound amateur in their mixing and mastering and are difficult to listen to. On the same note, a lot of utterly filthy tracks are incredibly well made and sound amazing. People like them. Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because the bass feels great and it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts. On top of the basic fact that I LIKE HIS FUCKING MUSIC. Others, I'm sure, have their reasons for loving the music.. just as any fan of any artist enjoys his/their music. And for fuck's sake, there is no such thing as brostep. "Fuck you and everyone who perpetuates this fucking ridiculous made-up sub-sub-genrefication. As if other electronic music communities needed any more fodder against bassheads, we go and willingly prefix "bro" onto our music."

Skrillex may be a new producer who started only two years ago, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. You might argue that he doesn't have the full knowledge that somebody who's been making music for longer. And you know what, you're right. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, people like the guy and what he's doing. If his music wasn't well produced or bearable, he would not have sold as many records/tracks as he did. If you hate him, don't fucking go see him. If you absolutely can't stand the fact that he's part of the lineup, I'm so fucking sorry...i hope someone gives you those 1-2 hours of your life back that you probably wouldn't have spent seeing him anyway.

so many stupid assumptions here in here about why people don't like skrillex and brostep that it's completely laughable.

and learn what a message board is. It's not what you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    for the life of me I don't understand why Mary Anne Hobbs is going to coachella. She's a radio DJ, not a producer. Granted she plays a lot of good stuff, but she's basically a mp3 blog. Why does coachella waste a slot that could have been used for someone actually making the music that Hobbs is going to play?
    I completely understand what you are saying. I caught her once and it was like one of her shows minus the talking. She will drop great tunes. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

i was at the sf show on saturday. it wasnt as bad as your friend told you, but it was hot and crowded. oversold in my opinion. with that said, i had a good time and was surprised by some of the openers

didnt see skrillex by the way but met him in the crowd haha

Hah, this thread may have saved me 40 minutes. I have one Skrillex song on my computer that I will fully admit is in my running mix (Hey Sexy Lady), and therefore he was somewhere on my list of people to research before Coachella. After watching that video there is no way I am gonna waste my time researching him, let alone catching his set.

It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hah, this thread may have saved me 40 minutes. I have one Skrillex song on my computer that I will fully admit is in my running mix (Hey Sexy Lady), and therefore he was somewhere on my list of people to research before Coachella. After watching that video there is no way I am gonna waste my time researching him, let alone catching his set.

It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I do like that track.

Even though I will probably get shit for admitting it.

Oh well.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    She's a radio DJ, not a producer. Granted she plays a lot of good stuff, but she's basically a mp3 blog.
    same thing I was wondering. having good taste in music shouldn't earn you stage time at Coachella.
    2013: GESAFFELSTEIN - washed out - ZZT - SCUBA - chase & status - munchi - dillon francis - mim0sa - JWLS - bro safari - koan sound - mord fustang - skream - spencer & hill - eskmo - black van - clouds - actress - gemini - clive tanaka - angger dimas - griz - blackmill - adam k & soha - boom jinx & jaytech - burial -

whiney pain in butt

maybe he's THE THIRD TWIN?!?!?!?

Skrillex str8 up blows.

ive seen him "dj" twice, i was hammered and stuff so it was fun

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

the bag-o-dix reference is pretty dead on. i wonder if the little turd ever reads this thread? someone should link to his twitter/facebook.
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3