Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2642

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You get to have all the fun and we aren't allowed to have any, apparently.
    for real. I think he forgot what message boards are for.

It's not like we're all at home shivering with rage that schrillecks exists.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    schrillechs dumped his digital diarrhea on us a year or two ago, riding the crest of the mainstream bro-step wave (which he didn't create it), and got marketed big time. His music is almost indistinguishable from the sound of a live pig being run across a table saw.
    This is sig-worthy.
    fuck.

I'll grant that his best work was back in his breakbeat days (even before MTU actually), but to compare bassnectar to schrillecks is absurd. His music is miles broader than schrillecks'. His fanbase spans a huge range of folks from old school burner hipster through jr. high schooler, and he earned every one of them for over a decade.
    I used to be a huge Bassnectar fan during his breaks heyday (saw him in 2005 at Meltdown Dallas) and saw him again a couple of times at Nocturnal, so no, not my cup of tea. Majority of his fanbase are mostly prostitots, dudebros, and sorority skanks who are obviously unaware of his early material. You think the average Bassnectar sorority skank nowadays knows that track Everybody? Please.

Bassnectar sold out the minute he dabbled into dubstep (or brostep). It's quite comical to talk a load of trash about Skrillex while ignoring Bassnectar's recent shitty remixes and material. Bass Head is garbage. It's like these dumb twats at EDC Dallas that started whining about Skrillex being commercial while gloating about Mt. Eden not being commercial rofl

I'll give you that Bassnectar, unlike Skrillex, has a load of talent but he's more interested in racking up ridiculous booking fees than he is with sticking to what he does best.

diverse systems of throb is my favorite bassnectar album to date. shame he had to diverge away from all that kind of stuff. comparing him to skrillex is stupid, skrillex makes trash and at least bassnectar has somewhat of a past.

edit: just saw that commercial with scary monsters and sprites in it
    Last edited by 303dubbin; 08-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Even the "shitty" - as you call it - material Bassnectar makes is leaps and bounds above anything Skrillex has ever produced.
    fuck.

Even someone loudly taking a Taco Bell shit is leaps and bounds above anything Skrillex has ever produced.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Even the "shitty" - as you call it - material Bassnectar makes is leaps and bounds above anything Skrillex has ever produced.
    lol true

Now what if Bassnectar and Skrillex end up collaborating on a track? You know it's bound to happen, especially when Pendulum is doing it now.

Thanks for correcting me, Boourns.

Electro - I'll probably listen to it, regret doing so and act like it never happened similar to when Raekwon and Kanye did a song with Justin Bieber.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    I used to be a huge Bassnectar fan during his breaks heyday (saw him in 2005 at Meltdown Dallas) and saw him again a couple of times at Nocturnal, so no, not my cup of tea. Majority of his fanbase are mostly prostitots, dudebros, and sorority skanks who are obviously unaware of his early material. You think the average Bassnectar sorority skank nowadays knows that track Everybody? Please.

Bassnectar sold out the minute he dabbled into dubstep (or brostep). It's quite comical to talk a load of trash about Skrillex while ignoring Bassnectar's recent shitty remixes and material. Bass Head is garbage. It's like these dumb twats at EDC Dallas that started whining about Skrillex being commercial while gloating about Mt. Eden not being commercial rofl

I'll give you that Bassnectar, unlike Skrillex, has a load of talent but he's more interested in racking up ridiculous booking fees than he is with sticking to what he does best.
    yes Lorin's a massive primadonna but also consumate professional. That's another spectrum he's on the complete opposide side of relative to schrillechs (btw "divergent spectrum" is his most pretensious album name yet)
    If think he's more concerned with booking fees than schrillechs is then you don't know much about him.

If you don't hear the difference between bassnectar's music and straight bro-step then you don't really know much about his music and the evolution of it. He's been playing dubstep to some degree since 2006. His music may sound forumulaic now, but that's because he was one of the guys who created the formula that these kids are butchering.

I miss his King of SF days dearly, and as much as i don't go for his latest direction, there's still one place I see him play every year that reminds me how incredible he shit can be.

Quote Originally Posted by 303dubbin View Post
    diverse systems of throb is my favorite bassnectar album to date.
    tough call between that and motions of mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    As I learned this year at EDC, there is definite advantage to Skrillex's existence (at least at big festivals). I was at the Neon Garden for Jack Beats and after their set I was picking my way for through the crowd as swarms of Skrillex fans descended on the stage. Skrillex hopped on the mic and asked everyone if they loved "bass music" and the shrieking from his drugged-up minions was deafening. Then it dawned on me: none of these people would be at the Circuit Grounds for Richie Hawtin, and they weren't. Everybody wins.

A guy I know told me that his two favorite sets at EDC were Empire of the Sun and Infected Mushroom because he "likes instruments." That's pretty symptomatic of one of the biggest problems with the EDM scene, which is that the average raver has no fucking idea what's going on behind the decks. Live set, DJ set, iTunes playlist - a good portion of the crowd could care less, just as long as there's a beat and they get their roll on. With rock shows you have something tangible to look at and hear; a musician who can't play their instrument or sing worth a shit gets exposed pretty quickly.

I think that's what irks people the most about Skrillex. It's not that he's insanely popular for making shit music and performing it terribly (which is all true) while dozens of more-talented producers and djs toil in obscurity, it's that the average raver can't tell the difference.
    words of a wise man=)

yes Lorin's a massive primadonna but also consumate professional. That's another spectrum he's on the complete opposide side of relative to schrillechs (btw "divergent spectrum" is his most pretensious album name yet)
    If think he's more concerned with booking fees than schrillechs is then you don't know much about him.
    Let me give you an example: his remix of Massive Attack's Risingson.

I'll admit that it's not bad to begin with, but his braindead dudebro and sorority skank fans of his think it's "groundbreaking", when in reality I heard similar stuff in the early 2000's, such as the Nynex remix of Cirrus' Boomerang (at least the bassline as far as we are concerned).

Funny enough I played this in my car one time with my friends and they were like "omg were you playing Bassnectar?"

I immediately facepalmed and they are the usual crowd that loves Skrillex as well.

As long as this thread keeps hopping to the top, I hope more and more are becoming aware of the false deity of the youth that is skillyechs.

Coachella Junkie

It's been nearly 2 days without a post in this thread. We're slippin'.

OK so Spin sucks sometimes. They said the Skrillex show was the 6th best set at Lolla... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    OK so Spin sucks sometimes. They said the Skrillex show was the 6th best set at Lolla... cr****
    CoS said the same thing, but then again, their whole review of the weekend was one of the worst things i've ever read.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Let me give you an example: his remix of Massive Attack's Risingson.

I'll admit that it's not bad to begin with, but his braindead dudebro and sorority skank fans of his think it's "groundbreaking", when in reality I heard similar stuff in the early 2000's, such as the Nynex remix of Cirrus' Boomerang (at least the bassline as far as we are concerned).

Funny enough I played this in my car one time with my friends and they were like "omg were you playing Bassnectar?"

I immediately facepalmed and they are the usual crowd that loves Skrillex as well.
    this sounds nothing like the massive attack remix in any respect other than the tempo. Not in composition and absolutely not anywhere close in production. If you're going to try to claim music unoriginal because it uses a similar drum track to something old then you're going to be a very sad hater the rest of your life.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 08-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.

The new Coachella drinking game.

Scroll back and take a shot for every hilarious, self righteous, EDM god-bro post you encounter.

Before replying, this post counts for all the above mentioned.

You have to realize if Skrillex wasn't in music, he would be in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    The new Coachella drinking game.

Scroll back and take a shot for every hilarious, self righteous, EDM god-bro post you encounter.

Before replying, this post counts for all the above mentioned.
    hi sonny!!

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

There are several mentions of Korn on the first page of this thread... how prophetic

Skrill me if I get stuck in a skrillex crowd again... the only reason i like him on lineups is to drag his ridiculous fans out of the crowd of other stages with better music

I'll be one happy fool if he plays head to head with Soulwax at Hard HM 2011

but, after meeting him at Coachella 2010, gotta give him credit for being one of THE nicest guys

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

There are many horrific things about Derpstep in general and Skrillex in particular, but I can better understand why someone would want to involve themselves in all that than this retarded moombahton trend that needs to die like months ago already.

White hipsters will flock to anything that seems even vaguely multi-culti (from a safe, clean, white distance of course)
    Last edited by HandBanana; 08-15-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    White hipsters will flock to anything that seems even vaguely multi-culti (from a safe, clean, white distance of course)

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    There are many horrific things about Derpstep in general and Skrillex in particular, but I can better understand why someone would want to involve themselves in all that than this retarded moombahton trend that needs to die like months ago already.

i'll be honest i'm not sure what moombahton is (sounds like what's in all the clubs on jersey shore) but skrilldaddy is embracing it. fuck this guy some more.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

That caspa remix seems to be a staple of his set these days if the first few vids on youtube are any indication.

The moombahton thing doesn't really bother me that much, at least folks can dance to it instead of just standing there and swaying their fucking hand like a retard.
    My only fear about it is that idiots may start confusing dancehall with that stuff.

My only fear about it is that idiots may start confusing dancehall with that stuff.
    Given how people think dub is dubstep it's not so far off now is it?

I wonder who the Skrillex of Coachella 2012 will be?