Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2618

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

  1. #1231
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Being a DJ... Honestly, hes still better than Girl Talk.
    also being a dj it looks likes hes doing a lot less then he tries to make it seem in the video
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

    Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

  2. #1232
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,675

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZERO View Post
    Skrillex is good. Don't be jealous of him, just cause he got famous in the edm world quickly. Everyone talks shit because they don't like "scary monsters", and because somewhere along the line someone told them skrillex was "dubstep" and they didn't agree. Its just music. The point of Coachella is to appreciate music. Why can't people just say " not my cup o tea" and be done with it?
    and all credibility was lost here
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  3. #1233

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I had Credibility?

  4. #1234
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Being a DJ... Honestly, hes still better than Girl Talk.
    2011 definition of "DJ" - Individual who presses play button while smoking a cigarette.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  5. #1235
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,478

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZERO View Post
    Skrillex is good. Don't be jealous of him, just cause he got famous in the edm world quickly. Everyone talks shit because they don't like "scary monsters", and because somewhere along the line someone told them skrillex was "dubstep" and they didn't agree. Its just music. The point of Coachella is to appreciate music. Why can't people just say " not my cup o tea" and be done with it?
    The guy brought Korn to Coachella. Into the Sahara tent.

    You have a very long way to go in convincing me that this mate is "good".

  6. #1236
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZERO View Post
    Skrillex is good. Don't be jealous of him, just cause he got famous in the edm world quickly. Everyone talks shit because they don't like "scary monsters", and because somewhere along the line someone told them skrillex was "dubstep" and they didn't agree. Its just music. The point of Coachella is to appreciate music. Why can't people just say " not my cup o tea" and be done with it?
    Obviously, musical taste is totally subjective. You personally decide what's good to you and what isn't. But the reason people can't tolerate acts like Skrillex is what has happened for him to make it big. I couldn't care less what genre he is, how much of a "celebrity" he has become or any of that nonsense. Many people here like artists that are mainstream (Radiohead, Daft Punk, Jay-Z, Muse, Outkast, Arcade Fire etc).

    The problem is that Skrillex gets paid to do anything BUT DJ. I personally think the music he plays is terrible. Not just bad, but unbearable. But what really gets to me is how he conducts himself while performing.

    There are videos where he's not mixing; not doing anything. He is very unprofessional as a performer (i.e., quitting because your laptop fucks up and using that as an excuse rather than having a backup on hand. If I can afford multiple laptops, so can Skrillex).

    Everything else just makes it worse. This is a guy that played the Sahara Tent while acts like High Contrast (a DnB legend), DJ Dan, Donald Glaude, Dirty Vegas and Lee Burridge were in the Oasis dome, Heineken Dome and Do Lab.

    As far as the hate in this thread. It's pure comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  7. #1237
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,424

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Hey, remnants of a washed-up nu-metal band totally belong in a world-famous dance tent.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  8. #1238
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I just got this awful vision, which was followed by a brief migraine, when I pictured - in my head - the lineup being released and seeing Korn on the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  9. #1239
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,347

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Korn Dj set?

  10. #1240
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,424

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Crazy Town reunion
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  11. #1241

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Obviously, musical taste is totally subjective. You personally decide what's good to you and what isn't. But the reason people can't tolerate acts like Skrillex is what has happened for him to make it big. I couldn't care less what genre he is, how much of a "celebrity" he has become or any of that nonsense. Many people here like artists that are mainstream (Radiohead, Daft Punk, Jay-Z, Muse, Outkast, Arcade Fire etc).

    The problem is that Skrillex gets paid to do anything BUT DJ. I personally think the music he plays is terrible. Not just bad, but unbearable. But what really gets to me is how he conducts himself while performing.

    There are videos where he's not mixing; not doing anything. He is very unprofessional as a performer (i.e., quitting because your laptop fucks up and using that as an excuse rather than having a backup on hand. If I can afford multiple laptops, so can Skrillex).

    Everything else just makes it worse. This is a guy that played the Sahara Tent while acts like High Contrast (a DnB legend), DJ Dan, Donald Glaude, Dirty Vegas and Lee Burridge were in the Oasis dome, Heineken Dome and Do Lab.

    As far as the hate in this thread. It's pure comedy.
    Thank you!!!!!

  12. #1242
    Member NachoCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now




  13. #1243
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    somebody get Skrillex some Accutane.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  14. #1244
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    scrillecks isn't anyone's "cup o tea". He's the four loko of EDM. Lots of kids went apeshit over that too. Does that mean it had any merit at all?


    The utility of this thread, and scrillecks hate in general, is to expedite the fall of bro-step and hope it spreads to all obnoxious masturbatory forms of bass music.

  15. #1245
    troll, banned hydr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Flat bill
    black socks
    black shirt with white logo
    black shoes
    black F150 raised
    monster sticker
    Blue HID lights
    bud light
    skrillex

  16. #1246

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Look, I've said before that I'm not really a Skrillex fan (this fact got lost in all the whining), nor do I care for a boring live show like that, but this discussion lacks perspective. Skrillex never really DJed before having a track out, and when you have a hot track, your label (in this case, Mau5trap, which for all intents and purposes is a major label) is going to push you to tour. There was no time for him to take a crash course in DJing, nor would his up-and-coming DJ skills be appreciated by people who paid for professionalism.

    The kid is a G with bass and mid-range and he has the respect of his peers. I can't believe your vaginas are still sore about this dude.

  17. #1247
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    "Intense and Purposes"

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  18. #1248

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    "Intense and Purposes"
    I'm intense, bro.

  19. #1249
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    You think that's the phrase, don't you.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  20. #1250
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    This fucking thread shouldn't be more than one page.

    He's terrible.

    The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  21. #1251

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You think that's the phrase, don't you.
    Intense, isn't it?

  22. #1252
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,391

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    This fucking thread shouldn't be more than one page.

    He's terrible.

    The end.
    Coming from the person who looks like him
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  23. #1253
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I'm not sure you understand the intent of gueditas post.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  24. #1254
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Coming from the person who looks like him
    HE RIPPED MY STYLE, DAMNIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  25. #1255

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the intent of gueditas post.
    The intent... or the purpose?

  26. #1256
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    In Ten Purses

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  27. #1257
    Member Chillzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Should have let those giggles loose!

  28. #1258

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In Ten Purses
    Coin purses?

  29. #1259
    troll, banned hydr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I never realized

  30. #1260
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    Look, I've said before that I'm not really a Skrillex fan (this fact got lost in all the whining), nor do I care for a boring live show like that, but this discussion lacks perspective. Skrillex never really DJed before having a track out, and when you have a hot track, your label (in this case, Mau5trap, which for all intents and purposes is a major label) is going to push you to tour. There was no time for him to take a crash course in DJing, nor would his up-and-coming DJ skills be appreciated by people who paid for professionalism.
    mmmmyeah it's so apparent that the kid was dragged kicking and screaming into [non]performing and just hasn't had a smidge of time to over the last year to figure out to craft some vague semblance of a live set or even buy a backup laptop.


    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    The kid is a G with bass and mid-range and he has the respect of his peers.
    RAAAAWWWWFL

Similar Threads

  1. after going to EDC i realized
    By Josesativa in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM
  2. ATCQ and Skrillex
    By syrinx32123 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
  3. Skrillex
    By JoExSaN in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
  4. I just realized something . . .
    By subby33 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  5. has anyone realized??
    By robotrock1382 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 07:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •