Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2635

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    the 300 sets a year wouldn't be hard. It's like working 90 minutes a day 6 days a week. It'd be the traveling part that would get to me, although sitting first class and being in nice hotels wouldn't make things harder
    sweet! then go do it! can't wait to hear your set at 2pm in the Sahara in 2 years.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

A PhD in Sociology? I take it the Speech Communications program was full, huh, Diplo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Nick o

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Yo. Go play 300 gigs in a year and then come back and tell us how easy it was. That shit is hard. It's physically taxing on the body. Nevermind coming up with 300 unique sets. ***** please. After 300 gigs I would be a repeat set offender too.
    LOL wait what? how can you not use the opportunity of playing that many gigs to become an amazing DJ? damn making a 90 minute set in ableton and doing it every night while jumping around and hitting beat masher seems really hard!! they're absolutely no excuse for someone who considers themselves a DJ to ever repeat a set, its contradictory in and of itself. and especially if youre playing that many gigs its disgusting to think that one wouldnt atleast try to become a real and decent DJ from them. your logic is pathetic, and your username is weezy f baby, you're pathetic

what if you're repeating a set in the same area? like playing multiple times in so-cal playing the same thing with maybe one change in song?
    Friday - Amon Tobin, Breakbot, Frank Ocean, LA Riots, Madeon, M83
    Saturday - Destructo, Dragonette, Feist, Jacques La Cont, Kasabian, Radiohead, SebastiAn
    Sunday - Dj Shadow, Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, Flourence and the Machine, Girl Talk, Housse de Racket, Justice, Metronomy, Modeskeletor, Porter Robinson, The Hives, The Weeknd

"Music produces a pleasure that human nature cannot live without"
    Confucius

Nah man.... Dj is supposed to improvise and make selections based on what the crowd wants to hear. Every cross and mix should be different.

Otherwise we will all end up at arenas to watch some dude just play a pre recorded track and press sample buttons and tweak flange between songs....

Oh wait.

Lazy fucking thinking like this moron wheezy up here are the reason people think its ok to sell a lazy, piece of shit, prepackaged show. The crowd is oblivious to what is going on or they just don't care. Raise your expectations and support real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    LOL wait what? how can you not use the opportunity of playing that many gigs to become an amazing DJ? damn making a 90 minute set in ableton and doing it every night while jumping around and hitting beat masher seems really hard!! they're absolutely no excuse for someone who considers themselves a DJ to ever repeat a set, its contradictory in and of itself. and especially if youre playing that many gigs its disgusting to think that one wouldnt atleast try to become a real and decent DJ from them. your logic is pathetic, and your username is weezy f baby, you're pathetic
    What exactly do you mean by the "same" set? I've seen what I think the board would consider respected DJs, guys like Eric Prydz, Breakage, Boys Noize, etc., and while they do change up a few songs in their sets, they almost always reuse the same base set of songs. For example, I'd be willing to bet that Boys Noize dropped "Spezi," "Yeah/Swoon," and "Lotus" if you saw him any time in the past year. I also saw Eric Prydz at Creamfields and then a few days later in Ibiza, nearly an identical set. I think when you're doing that many gigs a year, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep switching up major portions of what you play, so you tend to stick to the same material.

Annnnddddd I just realized I've been wasting my time explaining this to you, you've been an avid forum supporter of SHM, who has essentially reused the exact same set for the past 2 years.

What if you play the same songs but backwards.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    SAHARA 2012: AVICII BACKWARDS SET

you end up hearing satanic messages
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Nick o

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by the "same" set? I've seen what I think the board would consider respected DJs, guys like Eric Prydz, Breakage, Boys Noize, etc., and while they do change up a few songs in their sets, they almost always reuse the same base set of songs. For example, I'd be willing to bet that Boys Noize dropped "Spezi," "Yeah/Swoon," and "Lotus" if you saw him any time in the past year. I also saw Eric Prydz at Creamfields and then a few days later in Ibiza, nearly an identical set. I think when you're doing that many gigs a year, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep switching up major portions of what you play, so you tend to stick to the same material.

Annnnddddd I just realized I've been wasting my time explaining this to you, you've been an avid forum supporter of SHM, who has essentially reused the exact same set for the past 2 years.
    by same set i mean different mixes and transitions. playing the same songs in a completely different order and way is not the same set as playing them somewhere else is another completely original way. examples of people who play the same songs but different sets: laidback luke, as you said boys noize, prydz, etc, many others. unfortunately now theres starting to be a lot who play the exact same sets everywhere they go- skrillex, dirty south, etc. and for the record, swedish house mafia has never repeated a set, yea its a lot of the same songs, never the same order, always something new about it

compare their edc 2010 tracklist: http://www.dscotech.com/2010/06/swed...-live-set.html

to their creamfields set tracklist in 2011: http://www.beatmyday.com/2010/09/04/...fields-298-10/

to the MSG show: http://thissongissick.com/blog/2011/...dens-live-set/

looks like you have no idea what SHM shows are like and have been for the last 2 years, join the majority of the elitists on this board!
    Last edited by Nick o; 03-29-2012 at 10:07 AM.

You still like SHM.

Opinion is invalid

Everyone in this thread is making me like Skrillex.

by same set i mean different mixes and transitions. playing the same songs in a completely different order and way is not the same set as playing them somewhere else is another completely original way. examples of people who play the same songs but different sets: laidback luke, as you said boys noize, prydz, etc, many others. unfortunately now theres starting to be a lot who play the exact same sets everywhere they go- skrillex, dirty south, etc. and for the record, swedish house mafia has never repeated a set, yea its a lot of the same songs, never the same order, always something new about it
    I do not understand this logic. If SHM played Antidote at the beginning, middle, or end of a set, it wouldn't matter, people would be going apeshit regardless, because, well, it's SHM. Transition? Unless it's a pre-made mashup, many of the transitions that DJs do on CDJs is basic beatmatching into the next song.

you hear subliminal messages telling you to kill yourself.
    '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 w1, '13 w2..

Nick o

I do not understand this logic. If SHM played Antidote at the beginning, middle, or end of a set, it wouldn't matter, people would be going apeshit regardless, because, well, it's SHM. Transition? Unless it's a pre-made mashup, many of the transitions that DJs do on CDJs is basic beatmatching into the next song.
    and you think thats the same as having the same transitions lined up to do each and every performance? you dont think its better to mix on the spot? if you dont understand the difference here then idk what to tell you

Tell us about what you plan to do on your 20th birthday.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

hahahahahaha

and you think thats the same as having the same transitions lined up to do each and every performance? you dont think its better to mix on the spot? if you dont understand the difference here then idk what to tell you
    Listen to Kaskade's essential mix from last year and listen to the transitions from one track to another, he basically let's the first track play out to the end, then beatmatches into the next. Hardly exciting by any stretch of the imagination, and it really doesn't matter what order the tracks are in. Are you referring to SHM when you talk about mixing on the spot? Come on, man, I know you've seen the Angello video, it's been posted 10 times on this forum alone.

Nick o

Listen to Kaskade's essential mix from last year and listen to the transitions from one track to another, he basically let's the first track play out to the end, then beatmatches into the next. Hardly exciting by any stretch of the imagination, and it really doesn't matter what order the tracks are in. Are you referring to SHM when you talk about mixing on the spot? Come on, man, I know you've seen the Angello video, it's been posted 10 times on this forum alone.
    yea kaskades got pretty boring recently, all im saying is that doing things differently each time > doing things the same each time as a DJ. and i hope youve seen my posts saying angello is trash and that axwell and ingrosso carry him. i enjoy shm's live sets, the two that ive seen have been high energy and drastically different, looking at their recent setlists it seems theyre starting to get repetitive though. hoping for new stuff at coachella

Nick o

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Tell us about what you plan to do on your 20th birthday.
    for my 21st? well im seeing Above & beyond a couple days before, not sure what im going to do the day of. tell us about what you plan on doing for your 33rd.

Yeah, malcolm, you disgusting pig.

for my 21st? well im seeing Above & beyond a couple days before, not sure what im going to do the day of. tell us about what you plan on doing for your 33rd.
    Well, I assume something old-timey.

Building a model ship inside a bottle, perhaps. Being threatened by teenagers.

Yelling "TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!" and then realizing it's just Wheel of Fortune playing on your TV.

Breaking a hip.

Skrillex is not a good DJ at all. He doesn't mix well, but at least he's trying to use CDJs now. His transition from that Ruffneck Reggae-ish track to Pendulum's "Tarantula" was pretty good from what I saw in that video from Ultra that's all over Facebook.

But then he ruins it by playing his track "Kyoto" over "Tarantula" and it sounds like shit.

The dude is a shitty DJ, but while I'm not a fan of anything from Scary Monsters I don't hate his newer stuff. I like that Reggae-ish song he played at Ultra.
    Last edited by SepaGroove; 03-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Nick o

talking down to 20 year olds on music forums? being overly critical of other peoples' opinions? seems to be your every day routine

20 year olds: Our most precious resource.

talking down to 20 year olds on music forums? being overly critical of other peoples' opinions? seems to be your every day routine
    Oh Nick, you disgusting piece of shit you...
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I am posting this from Sun City Vistoso Active Adult Retirement Community.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella