Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2624

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    omg cuteness right back at ya.

If you spent any time at all on the rest of the internet outside this thread you would realize how easy it is to get bombarded with ridiculous schrillechs bullshit, and this thread is simply a way for folks to come amuse themselves. It's adorable that you picture a bunch of trolls searching for this stuff.

So what we're really talking about here is person taking the time to monitor this thread when he has no interest in the subject matter, simply to call those people "pathetic". The tone belies any sense of recognition of that irony. Keep it coming. (more smileys too!)

You're not "stating my opinion as many of you are". the "many" are the ones clowning a public figure for a variety of reasons, amongst the like minded. you are the only one attempting to sanctimoniously belittle others for because they can't stand bad music

and the implication that someone who hates schrillechs is necessarily bragging about their taste in music is probably the funniest thing you've ever said.

Please go on. You're clearly far from done with this thread.
    O woe is you. Bombarded with Skrillexmania. How ever could you live day to day if you didn't find brothers and sisters who share your same struggle.

Nobody is monitoring this thread buddy. I have a total of 11 posts. 3 or 4 coming on this last page talking to you. 3 or 4 talking about how his performance wasn't good but wasn't horrible and not as repetitive as other dubstep. And the rests are me probably saying how pathetic you guys are. Out of 1000 post thread where you have 50 posts in I would say you're more so the monitor.

And no one is belittling you for liking "bad" music. I don't like The Rolling Stones. Oasis. Kings of Leon. Wale. That new girl who sings that Blue Jeans song. I'm more so belittling the fact that
    1. this thread was made.
    2. This thread reached such a level of intensity it took away from people actually admiring the bands they like
    3. It still continues after the festival. The only threads bumped here are Odd Future, Lil B, and any other thread when a band has a local show (National,HEALTH, etc). No one is talking about his show tomorrow in San Diego so why bump this?

I just find it funny how I say my opinion and you bait me into a multi post argument and now I'm "monitoring" the thread. Not really seeing how that works buck-o. The funny part is I'm not even a fan You guys would hate me if I was cause I would sicken you just cause it amuses me. But don't worry your little head you can have your little fraternity back and I'll be back for my quarterly you guys are pathetic post around christmas. Hopefully he has some dubstep christmas tunes I can post
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    The funny part is I'm not even a fan You guys would hate me if I was cause I would sicken you just cause it amuses me. But don't worry your little head you can have your little fraternity back and I'll be back for my quarterly you guys are pathetic post around christmas. Hopefully he has some dubstep christmas tunes I can post
    .......?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Coachella Junkie

I just find it funny how I say my opinion and you bait me into a multi post argument and now I'm "monitoring" the thread. Not really seeing how that works buck-o. The funny part is I'm not even a fan You guys would hate me if I was cause I would sicken you just cause it amuses me. But don't worry your little head you can have your little fraternity back and I'll be back for my quarterly you guys are pathetic post around christmas. Hopefully he has some dubstep christmas tunes I can post
    This little "argument" started when you called this thread's activity pathetic. If you believe that excessive hate towards an artist is wrong, then you should also stop by our Steve Aoki thread and Uffie thread and say the exact same thing.

Come on dude. This is the internet. This is what we do. You call the hate "pathetic" but I'm sure you've said similar things about various artists on the forum. Truth is most of us "haters" are just some bored cunts killing time at work by talking about things we like, things we don't like, things we think are overrated, and whatnot.

If this thread annoys you for some reason, then do not post in it. If you disagree with us, then say so, or maybe start a Skrillex support thread. But coming in here and calling our jolly non-serious good time "pathetic" isn't any better than what we're doing.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

O woe is you. Bombarded with Skrillexmania. How ever could you live day to day if you didn't find brothers and sisters who share your same struggle.

Nobody is monitoring this thread buddy. I have a total of 11 posts. 3 or 4 coming on this last page talking to you. 3 or 4 talking about how his performance wasn't good but wasn't horrible and not as repetitive as other dubstep. And the rests are me probably saying how pathetic you guys are. Out of 1000 post thread where you have 50 posts in I would say you're more so the monitor.

And no one is belittling you for liking "bad" music. I don't like The Rolling Stones. Oasis. Kings of Leon. Wale. That new girl who sings that Blue Jeans song. I'm more so belittling the fact that
    1. this thread was made.
    2. This thread reached such a level of intensity it took away from people actually admiring the bands they like
    3. It still continues after the festival. The only threads bumped here are Odd Future, Lil B, and any other thread when a band has a local show (National,HEALTH, etc). No one is talking about his show tomorrow in San Diego so why bump this?

um, I'm not the one claiming hardship here. I'm not bothered by the schrillechs crap on the internet. on the contrary, it gives us the opportunity to come here and laugh about it.

i.e. just this morning a coworker who nows I clown on schrillechs sent me a link to one of his wiki pics (apologies if it's already been posted) and told me to note the caption. chuckle.

Also this morning, a friend of mine facebook pointed out this pic posted by jared leto

GUFFAW.

clearly this shit is all over the place for many of us, even if it's not in your life, we're not pissed about it, it's a joke.
    it looks like YOU are the only here who is ultimately so cranky about it that you feel the need to bother people who are goofing around.

It's a fucking tragedy that this tread somehow "took away from people actually admiring the bands they [you] like".

Really we're all very broken up about that. It sucks that this thread is ruining your fun and making you enjoy music less.

Nobody is coming here to talk about your precious San Diego bullshit because of THIS THREAD! wow, that's amazing. Why dont you bump your favorite threads instead of this one?

I'm going to think about that some more later.

and btw you'll know when I bait you. This isn't baiting. you're desperate to talk about this clearly.
    monitor away.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 09-22-2011 at 04:21 PM.

So this guy cant hate on you guys for hating on Skrilldo? Who's the joke really on here anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Question to WhyTheLongFace -

Why does all this hate bring you to the point where you need to argue with people if you aren't a Skrillex fan? I mean, if it's simply to play devil's advocate, have at it. Otherwise, I don't get why you're getting emotional here.

I mean, this IS the Coachella message board. This isn't very surprising at all. Let's have a constructive debate here - Go start another Aerosmith thread and educate us on their impact on arena rock and why they should headline Coachella.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    So this guy cant hate on you guys for hating on Skrilldo? Who's the joke really on here anyway?
    Who is saying he can't hate? Hate away. At the same time, when you hate on something, expect backlash. Any time I feel like posting in here I know I am bound to hear someone telling me how much of a hater I am or how Skrillex is awesome.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

He uses a motion capture robot image of himself now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    =player_embedded

Great. Less DJing, more posing/waving arms. This has Sahara 2012 headliner written all over it, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Lurker

Hmm, wonder if i can make his robot friend's ears bleed too...
    I think i'm going to create an extra powerful strain of marijuana and call it "goldenvoice"

cause these guys are high as fuck.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i think the robot is actually doing more work up there.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

old school

I didn't know Skrillex was such a fan of Dj Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Who is saying he can't hate? Hate away. At the same time, when you hate on something, expect backlash. Any time I feel like posting in here I know I am bound to hear someone telling me how much of a hater I am or how Skrillex is awesome.
    True true.
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Well that video confirms he does not do ANYTHING but press play and attempts to mock play finger pad and shake his arms like he's in the crowd.

Now in defense if skrilladiddlefiddle, I remember at EDC 09 on Friday, there was a DJ playing his itunes, literally. A song would end, and there would be a pause, then a new song would start from the beginning. No mixing what so ever. Same stage as Boyz Noise around 8/9pm.

Those in the LA area interested in making a survey piece involving skrillex, please PM me, please note your dancing abilities if any.

If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

DURRR DURRR DURRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DERP
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

nu-step

HAHAHAHA! You all were just referenced on The Guardian (which was reprinted by The Daily Swarm)

Is Skrillex the most hated man in dubstep?

As Skrillex, Sonny Moore has infiltrated the US charts and remixed Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars. Joe Muggs meets the man the underground loves to loathe

Sonny Moore is one happy dude. Sitting on the roof of his UK record label's office with a mid-afternoon Jack Daniel's and Diet Coke in one hand, and a scuffed BlackBerry in the other, he's full of the joys of life. Moore is glad to be catching up with friends in London, excited about the festival he's playing the next day, and stoked about unveiling a new video he hopes "is going to blow some minds". This isn't in a manic way, either he's relaxed and lucid. He just seems happy.
    Which is encouraging, but perhaps a little incongruous given that, as Skrillex, Moore has become dubstep's most hated producer in certain quarters of the internet. One thread on the messageboard for Coachella festival, entitled "I never realised how horrible Skrillex was until now" managed to accumulate 1,485 posts. Evidently, many fans of an underground UK genre have not taken kindly to a Los Angeleno Korn fan who dresses like an emo kid, and who used to be the singer for the screamo band From First to Last, taking dubstep to daytime radio and the pop charts.
    Nevertheless, Moore is riding a spectacular wave of success. And for all those who hate him, there are many more who adore his music. Barely three years since he reinvented himself as Skrillex, he is the figurehead for the current unprecedented explosion of electronic dance music including a high-sugar, hyperactive version of dubstep into the middle American mainstream...

^oh lawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

we've hit the big time!!
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

BTW, SKRILLEX is NOT horrible he is the NEW RAVE GENERATION

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post

BTW, SKRILLEX is NOT horrible he is the NEW RAVE GENERATION
    The good old days of Dave Eggers and Chuck Klosterman writing for SPIN seem so far away right now.

Read that article. Dude is on the cover and the article is as more about the explosion of EDM in America more than it is about him, and I can see why - there is no depth to the man or his bleep/bloopy music.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

"I don't even try to make 'dubstep'," he says, lifting his hands to make air-quotes. "It's just another tempo and rhythm that I work in, because it makes people go wild."
    TRANSLATION: I produce bullshit with no soul for the sole purpose of catering to the lowest common denominator because, I too, have no soul. WAHHHH I WAS ADOPTED!

What a chumpy article.
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    we've hit the big time!!
    More reason to keep this thread alive.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

This is Skrillex' fault

NOT THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

I feel like we won a battle in the fight for decent music.

I love weetabix
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I asked my students to write a myth and one of the characters in a story was called Skrillex. When a trend reaches junior high, it is doomed.