Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Yes because artists like Distance, Skream, Joy Orbison, D1, ConQuest, Scuba, High Rankin, Jakwob, and Loefah never have melodies in their tracks, right?

Dumbass.
    Went on youtube and just picked the first song by Skream

First song I found by Distance

If you call this shit melodies, you have no idea what music is. Go back to your coloring books, once ur in college u can take music appreciation. Doubt a dipshit like you will pass but at least it may teach you a thing or two.... though that song by Distance does have a nice squeaking sounds it uses for the first 40 seconds
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    Skrillex has made songs that are melodic electro house like the long drive one posted above.. He has made some bass heavy dubstep like in for the kill remix and scary monsters.. more grimey electro like "my name is skrillex.. drum and bass songs like "scatta" or "where is light and what is laughter" also sings on some tracks "father said" etc etc

right, cause this is totally drum and bass

^^^ the argument is about how Skrillex is more eclectic than your average dubby artist. The fact that that song has heavy hip-hop elements is only helping his argument.

Edit: wanna make it clear im not a Skrillex fan, but ill pay credit where its due

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Fun fact: Joy Orbison is my favorite music producer. But anyways..

ninjatactics is yet another dubstep n00b.
    . . .I think that's my cue to leave. Later guys.

I wasn't arguing over Skrillex's musical "range". It's true, he makes shitty music in several different genres. Just pointing out that that "Scatta" garbage is NOT drum and bass, not even close.

Regardless of genre I think we can all agree that song is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

they are good in small doses. I like their tracks mixed into other dj's sets.. but 2 hours of robot is a little excessive.. if you can listen to the entire shambala sets and not get a headache i applaud your tenacity
    i don't think i've listened to "robotstep" for more than 30 minutes tops. tops.

but man sometimes its great to crank the speakers up and blast something like:

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Wink Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyEars View Post
    I think you are ignorant.
    I think you have a terrible taste in music
    It's all good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    i don't think i've listened to "robotstep" for more than 30 minutes tops. tops.

but man sometimes its great to crank the speakers up and blast something like:

16 Bit is awesome... But like I said.. Variety is key.. I think a good set has range and flow.. not a hour long rape of your ears.. gotta slow things down then build up tension to accentuate the drops

16 Bit is awesome... But like I said.. Variety is key.. I think a good set has range and flow.. not a hour long rape of your ears.. gotta slow things down then build up tension to accentuate the drops
    nah man just fiddle with your hair and press play.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatactics View Post
    "A: All this talk about dubstep vs. brostep is crazy. I have been listening to dubstep the last couple of months and following some discussions here and on other forums, and it feels like I've traveled back to the 90's when I used to listen to hiphop and got into heated arguments about mainstream vs. underground shit. Which, looking back at it, was fucking stupid.

B: Agreed, except replace months with years and hip hop with punk rock. The term brostep is so pejorative. I hate it. I understand the distinction dubstep purists are making but come on. I think the term dubstep has evolved beyond the original definition and while that doesn't mean you can't point out that initially the dubstep "sound" was something different, it does mean you should stop being elitist dicks about it."

So how about that? I read the title of this thread in shock. I'm new to the message boards and sort of didn't know what to expect, but how can you people be such dicks? I don't expect the message boards to reflect Coachella's fanbase, or Coachella's electro fanbase for that matter, but with comments like this:

I didn't come here to begin to believe that Coachella go-ers are small-minded assholes who belittle people for enjoying a certain type of music, and marginalizing them as dick-heads or "bros" with poor taste. Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit? Because he may be their first electro artist and ENJOY his FUCKING MUSIC? Or do you plan drifting behind the walls of the internet on your keyboard and continue ridiculing his fans and Skrillex himself?

Who the fuck are you to call him a horrible? Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture? And if I didn't get the memo, I apologize, but is the purpose of the lineup threads to ruthlessly fucking deteriorate an artists reputation and reputability?

Understand something: people listen to music for different purposes. Electronic music is evolving and is begin to find influence from different genres. I don't only speak for myself when I say that I listen to Skrillex (or any other electro artist) because his/her music is well produced. I will admit, there are a lot of what you guys are calling "brostep" tracks and productions that lack tremendous taste and basic finesse. A lot of them just sound amateur in their mixing and mastering and are difficult to listen to. On the same note, a lot of utterly filthy tracks are incredibly well made and sound amazing. People like them. Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because the bass feels great and it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts. On top of the basic fact that I LIKE HIS FUCKING MUSIC. Others, I'm sure, have their reasons for loving the music.. just as any fan of any artist enjoys his/their music. And for fuck's sake, there is no such thing as brostep. "Fuck you and everyone who perpetuates this fucking ridiculous made-up sub-sub-genrefication. As if other electronic music communities needed any more fodder against bassheads, we go and willingly prefix "bro" onto our music."

Skrillex may be a new producer who started only two years ago, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. You might argue that he doesn't have the full knowledge that somebody who's been making music for longer. And you know what, you're right. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, people like the guy and what he's doing. If his music wasn't well produced or bearable, he would not have sold as many records/tracks as he did. If you hate him, don't fucking go see him. If you absolutely can't stand the fact that he's part of the lineup, I'm so fucking sorry...i hope someone gives you those 1-2 hours of your life back that you probably wouldn't have spent seeing him anyway.

TL;DR: show some fucking respect. and yes, I'm fucking mad, bro.
    I read this post then called my reverend to tell him about it and so he read it. In turn, he read it aloud to the the congregation this morning during the sermon. Him and the whole congregation here in Ville Platte, Louisiana think you might be involved in illegal drugs like ecstacy. Skrillex fans are usually on those he says. So watch out, you electro drugger! The police are on you now, big boy!

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    If you call this shit melodies, you have no idea what music is. Go back to your coloring books, once ur in college u can take music appreciation. Doubt a dipshit like you will pass but at least it may teach you a thing or two.... though that song by Distance does have a nice squeaking sounds it uses for the first 40 seconds
    Toolbag, here's some Skream and Distance tracks that have melody.

Recent Distance

And some melodic stuff from Scuba:

I'm not much of a Flux Pavillion fan nowadays but this track is straight up beautiful:

^^^fashow... I generalize, it happens. I just picked the first songs that came up. I am not gonna siphon through a whole artists catalog so I can prove myself wrong. I just went on youtube and picked shit.

The thing is when people play dub-step its usually not the melodic ones, though clearly they are out there. I heard that Skream song a while back and there first thing that came to my head was "why arent all those dub-step tools playing this shit? Its soooo goood." I guess its gotta be wobble heavy to get airtime by bro's and stupid CO sluts .
    Last edited by juloxx; 01-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    ^^^fashow... I generalize, it happens. I just picked the first songs that came up. I am not gonna siphon through a whole artists catalog so I can prove myself wrong. I just went on youtube and picked shit.

The thing is when people play dub-step its usually not the melodic ones, though clearly they are out there. I heard that Skream song a while back and there first thing that came to my head was "why arent all those dub-step tools playing this shit? Its soooo goood." I guess its gotta be wobble heavy to get airtime by bro's and stupid CO sluts .
    hahaha you crack me up brotha, lookin forward to ragin some sets with you blunts in hand.

pre 2009 dubs > anything new imo.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

I sure wish the Chemical Brothers would dabble into dubstep.

I bet it would sound similar to this classic:

Toolbag, here's some Skream and Distance tracks that have melody.

Recent Distance [

And some melodic stuff from Scuba:

I'm not much of a Flux Pavillion fan nowadays but this track is straight up beautiful:
    seriously you think those tracks are SOOOO much better than Skrillex?

Obviously, if you feel the need to ask.

Skrillex does not even have 1/10th of the skill that Skream has.

. . .I think that's my cue to leave. Later guys.
    Wow, someone finally gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by StopMakingSense View Post
    @ 2:55, that is some TRUE talent..........I need to teach my dog those kinda skrillz

^ see what I did there?

yes. go listen to Outside the Box then try and compare it to Scary Monsters

NO.

Stop this right now.

This is my new least favorite thread (now that the whole Third Twin thing is over)
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    NO.

Stop this right now.
    This is my Twilight Zone.

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    11/11 - Thee Oh Sees - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    This is my Hell.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Karilo13 View Post
    He didn't back it up cuz his daddy didn't teach him good.

if my keyboard had a like button i'd have to replace it after reading this thread. you think that trigger finger's warranty covers skrillex hair grease?

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica View Post
    @ 2:55, that is some TRUE talent..........I need to teach my dog those kinda skrillz

^ see what I did there?
    i love that guy at the end shootin guns into the crowd. bros got sick moves

Easy now friends... lol can't believe this guy has actually provoked people to defend him while simultaneously ridiculing someone like Distance? That's honestly so backwards its laughable. Man like Distance run this sound for years. To compare his production value to an amateur like Skrillex, not to mention DJing skill, is so blatantly ignorant it makes me kind of sad.

Out to crush the Mau5trap against the Chestplate, yeah? This ain't noise, this is music. Don't get it twisted.
    Let me see what you're workin with

Mittens plays records--> http://soundcloud.com/stunmo/set-styles-on-stun
    http://soundcloud.com/mittens/funky-bizness

I can't read this thread without fucking cringing every half second. So many blasphemous things..

FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB: There is no saying what the CHEMS should or should not do.
    Look it up.

YES. Especially that Skream track. ANYTHING Skream has a 1000000238oefafuck times better production value than any Skrillex track.

Go lurk on real dubstep history before tainting the boards with diarrhea-step

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

I'm new to the message boards ...
    Welcome but you obviously are not new to the internets. This is an outlet where many of us discuss music nonstop. Notice there is nobody completely backing Skrillex up? That is because music heads think he is complete shit.

Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit?
    Why in the world would we do that? We will be at a different stage checking out better music. That is why we talk the shit here.

Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture?
    You already admitted to be new around here, correct? Shit like this has always happened.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Blah blah blah. As a community of music fans, we have to call it how it is. Skrillex fucking blows. People who are A)Dumb B)Deaf C)Ignorant and/or D)Just have shitty tastes in particular like this shit. I wouldn't mind and in fact would welcome any snide remarks about how I used to like Linkin Park.Then again, I was 12 and didn't know any better.

I will not respect music that sucks as hard as this shit, no matter what.
    Frazzles pretty much sums it up, as always

Quote Originally Posted by mittens4kittens View Post
    Easy now friends... lol can't believe this guy has actually provoked people to defend him while simultaneously ridiculing someone like Distance? That's honestly so backwards its laughable. Man like Distance run this sound for years. To compare his production value to an amateur like Skrillex, not to mention DJing skill, is so blatantly ignorant it makes me kind of sad.
    and Mittens always says it better than I ever can.

edit: this thread is much more entertaining with Skrillex fans posting. Are there any more that can join the fun?
    Last edited by unknown; 01-24-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets