November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    girlfriend's ex-roommate said "oh my god i love him!" when asked if she listened to dubstep or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

ha mittens we have some pretty similar views on this subject. lookin forward to ragin a few of the GOOD "bass music" sets with you.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Yeah, because all the REAL dubstep is so much better ...

You guys are fucking idiots with awful taste.
    I bet you also rock skinny jeans and like to snort coke on a regular basis, don't you?

I think pure electronic music is the downfall of man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakonfat View Post
    I don't know if you have noticed, but most "DJs" do what Skrillex does. They make songs, then when it comes to playing them live, they press play and act like they're awesome, and barely do anything.

This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Watch this video you cunt.

That was great. I'm not a cunt, but I watched the video too. Me like.

This is proper dubstep

"A: All this talk about dubstep vs. brostep is crazy. I have been listening to dubstep the last couple of months and following some discussions here and on other forums, and it feels like I've traveled back to the 90's when I used to listen to hiphop and got into heated arguments about mainstream vs. underground shit. Which, looking back at it, was fucking stupid.

B: Agreed, except replace months with years and hip hop with punk rock. The term brostep is so pejorative. I hate it. I understand the distinction dubstep purists are making but come on. I think the term dubstep has evolved beyond the original definition and while that doesn't mean you can't point out that initially the dubstep "sound" was something different, it does mean you should stop being elitist dicks about it."

So how about that? I read the title of this thread in shock. I'm new to the message boards and sort of didn't know what to expect, but how can you people be such dicks? I don't expect the message boards to reflect Coachella's fanbase, or Coachella's electro fanbase for that matter, but with comments like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    I bet you also rock skinny jeans and like to snort coke on a regular basis, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens4kittens View Post
    Now you know. His shyte was in the top ten on beatport for a minute... whatta travesty. Notice his conspicuous absence from my "do you like bass" thread. This ain't bass music, it's midrange power tool noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    Yep. The Holocaust pales in comparison to him and his productions. A landmark tragedy in EDM history.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Skrillex represents everything that sucks about music.

I didn't come here to begin to believe that Coachella go-ers are small-minded assholes who belittle people for enjoying a certain type of music, and marginalizing them as dick-heads or "bros" with poor taste. Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit? Because he may be their first electro artist and ENJOY his FUCKING MUSIC? Or do you plan drifting behind the walls of the internet on your keyboard and continue ridiculing his fans and Skrillex himself?

Who the fuck are you to call him a horrible? Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture? And if I didn't get the memo, I apologize, but is the purpose of the lineup threads to ruthlessly fucking deteriorate an artists reputation and reputability?

Understand something: people listen to music for different purposes. Electronic music is evolving and is begin to find influence from different genres. I don't only speak for myself when I say that I listen to Skrillex (or any other electro artist) because his/her music is well produced. I will admit, there are a lot of what you guys are calling "brostep" tracks and productions that lack tremendous taste and basic finesse. A lot of them just sound amateur in their mixing and mastering and are difficult to listen to. On the same note, a lot of utterly filthy tracks are incredibly well made and sound amazing. People like them. Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because the bass feels great and it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts. On top of the basic fact that I LIKE HIS FUCKING MUSIC. Others, I'm sure, have their reasons for loving the music.. just as any fan of any artist enjoys his/their music. And for fuck's sake, there is no such thing as brostep. "Fuck you and everyone who perpetuates this fucking ridiculous made-up sub-sub-genrefication. As if other electronic music communities needed any more fodder against bassheads, we go and willingly prefix "bro" onto our music."

Skrillex may be a new producer who started only two years ago, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. You might argue that he doesn't have the full knowledge that somebody who's been making music for longer. And you know what, you're right. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, people like the guy and what he's doing. If his music wasn't well produced or bearable, he would not have sold as many records/tracks as he did. If you hate him, don't fucking go see him. If you absolutely can't stand the fact that he's part of the lineup, I'm so fucking sorry...i hope someone gives you those 1-2 hours of your life back that you probably wouldn't have spent seeing him anyway.

TL;DR: show some fucking respect. and yes, I'm fucking mad, bro.

Signed, Skrillex's mom
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

opinions are like assholes.....they're honest.

stoked to see SVEN VATH.....the vinyl warrior! - thanks for that link!

ninjatactics is yet another dubstep n00b.

side note: i'm not ashamed to say i enjoy excision's output. i will be checking his set out barring conflicts. sometimes i just want to hear robot noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosteez View Post
    you're all old and fat
    coachella boards are not representative of the coachella fanbase

give it a listen, see if you can get through the whole thing before your ego gets in the way

"MUSIC IS OBJECTIVE. I DON'T LIKE IT AND IF ANYONE DISAGREES THEY'RE WRONG."

and you picked this song to try and convince us that Skrillex isn't complete crap? it sounds like the theme song of Final Fantasy with some chipmunk/robot vocals on top, then we get a "bassline" a little over 4 minutes into the song.

at least his "DJ set" videos were entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatactics View Post
    "A: All this talk about dubstep vs. brostep is crazy. I have been listening to dubstep the last couple of months and following some discussions here and on other forums, and it feels like I've traveled back to the 90's when I used to listen to hiphop and got into heated arguments about mainstream vs. underground shit. Which, looking back at it, was fucking stupid.

B: Agreed, except replace months with years and hip hop with punk rock. The term brostep is so pejorative. I hate it. I understand the distinction dubstep purists are making but come on. I think the term dubstep has evolved beyond the original definition and while that doesn't mean you can't point out that initially the dubstep "sound" was something different, it does mean you should stop being elitist dicks about it."

So how about that? I read the title of this thread in shock. I'm new to the message boards and sort of didn't know what to expect, but how can you people be such dicks? I don't expect the message boards to reflect Coachella's fanbase, or Coachella's electro fanbase for that matter, but with comments like this:

I didn't come here to begin to believe that Coachella go-ers are small-minded assholes who belittle people for enjoying a certain type of music, and marginalizing them as dick-heads or "bros" with poor taste. Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit? Because he may be their first electro artist and ENJOY his FUCKING MUSIC? Or do you plan drifting behind the walls of the internet on your keyboard and continue ridiculing his fans and Skrillex himself?

Who the fuck are you to call him a horrible? Since when did the message boards turn into a fucking circlejerk to see who can come up with the wittiest comment or post the most ridiculous and degrading picture? And if I didn't get the memo, I apologize, but is the purpose of the lineup threads to ruthlessly fucking deteriorate an artists reputation and reputability?

Understand something: people listen to music for different purposes. Electronic music is evolving and is begin to find influence from different genres. I don't only speak for myself when I say that I listen to Skrillex (or any other electro artist) because his/her music is well produced. I will admit, there are a lot of what you guys are calling "brostep" tracks and productions that lack tremendous taste and basic finesse. A lot of them just sound amateur in their mixing and mastering and are difficult to listen to. On the same note, a lot of utterly filthy tracks are incredibly well made and sound amazing. People like them. Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because the bass feels great and it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts. On top of the basic fact that I LIKE HIS FUCKING MUSIC. Others, I'm sure, have their reasons for loving the music.. just as any fan of any artist enjoys his/their music. And for fuck's sake, there is no such thing as brostep. "Fuck you and everyone who perpetuates this fucking ridiculous made-up sub-sub-genrefication. As if other electronic music communities needed any more fodder against bassheads, we go and willingly prefix "bro" onto our music."

Skrillex may be a new producer who started only two years ago, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. You might argue that he doesn't have the full knowledge that somebody who's been making music for longer. And you know what, you're right. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, people like the guy and what he's doing. If his music wasn't well produced or bearable, he would not have sold as many records/tracks as he did. If you hate him, don't fucking go see him. If you absolutely can't stand the fact that he's part of the lineup, I'm so fucking sorry...i hope someone gives you those 1-2 hours of your life back that you probably wouldn't have spent seeing him anyway.

I didn't read your post because you are a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleUteeF View Post
    I think pure electronic music is the downfall of man.
    I think you are ignorant.

how can you people be such dicks?
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    side note: i'm not ashamed to say i enjoy excision's output. i will be checking his set out barring conflicts. sometimes i just want to hear robot noises.
    im with you on that one man, seen him twice so he's definitely on the back burner but i wanna see how loud his set will be.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Do you guys plan on approaching Skrillex fans at the Sahara tent and continuing your oh so clever ass remarks about how he isn't "dubstep" and how is music is shit?
    Yes, I do. I will gladly ridicule any and all fans of Skrillex before kindly pointing the way to the Pure Filth stage.

Personally, I love the sound and feeling of filthy dubstep live because it allows me to get in touch with my animal instincts.
    Nearly sig-worthy
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

[...]
    fucking THANK YOU... I don't find any of the videos or songs posted on here embarrassing or humorous.. He is living out his dream of creating music and playing shows (which are selling out all over the world) and topping beatport as well as other music download vehicles. I don't think he is the greatest ever or that every song he has ever done is amazing, but he has put out a lot of solid tracks in a short period of time and caught the attention and support of some of the biggest names in EDM as a result.

I also think he is stacks better than datsik, excision and boregore as they lack the range that skrillex has.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    ninjatactics is yet another dubstep n00b.
    Oh! I imagine you were into dubstep back before rusko and caspa bastardized the genre with the dreaded wobble right? Get a fucking grip. No one cares how big of fan you are of the foundations of a type of music that has changed and evolved since being invented. It does not make you cooler, more knowledgeable, nor does it mean you have better taste..

Tell me more about Skrillex's versatility and "range," as you call it. Please.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Blah blah blah. As a community of music fans, we have to call it how it is. Skrillex fucking blows. People who are A)Dumb B)Deaf C)Ignorant and/or D)Just have shitty tastes in particular like this shit. I wouldn't mind and in fact would welcome any snide remarks about how I used to like Linkin Park.Then again, I was 12 and didn't know any better.

I made a remix about 5 years ago of a song. I liked it then. But anybody else who would have listened to it said it sucked balls (except Skrillex fans, I am absolutely positive of this), and it wasn't until I stumbled upon it on my computer that I realized it's God fucking awful. Would I want anyone to respect the fact that I spent hours on that garbage? No, because shit is shit, no matter how you try to justify it.

I will not respect music that sucks as hard as this shit, no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Skrillex has made songs that are melodic electro house like the long drive one posted above.. He has made some bass heavy dubstep like in for the kill remix and scary monsters.. more grimey electro like "my name is skrillex.. drum and bass songs like "scatta" or "where is light and what is laughter" also sings on some tracks "father said" etc etc

granted, he has a brand of sound that permeates through all of his songs but you have to admit that he has more range compared to datsik or excision who pump out 2 hour sets of strait robot dubstep

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    on some real shit, he does do different shit. Before I knew who this guy was and what he is about people struggled to describe him properly too me. They would say he is dub-step but not, but electro, but more dubby.

I mean he doesnt rely on solely bass to impress his tool fanbase. He does use melody (which is more than what I can say for 95% of dub-step artists), and puts the womps to house(ish) tempos here and there.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    Skrillex has made songs that are melodic electro house like the long drive one posted above.. He has made some bass heavy dubstep like in for the kill remix and scary monsters.. more grimey electro like "my name is skrillex.. drum and bass songs like "scatta" or "where is light and what is laughter" also sings on some tracks "father said" etc etc

granted, he has a brand of sound that permeates through all of his songs but you have to admit that he has more range compared to datsik or excision who pump out 2 hour sets of strait robot dubstep
    i for one welcome our new robotstep overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

He does use melody (which is more than what I can say for 95% of dub-step artists), and puts the womps to house(ish) tempos here and there.
    Yes because artists like Distance, Skream, Joy Orbison, D1, ConQuest, Scuba, High Rankin, Jakwob, and Loefah never have melodies in their tracks, right?

Dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by mmblack View Post
    girlfriend's ex-roommate said "oh my god i love him!" when asked if she listened to dubstep or not.
    yeah... but how big are her tits?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    i for one welcome our new robotstep overlords.
    they are good in small doses. I like their tracks mixed into other dj's sets.. but 2 hours of robot is a little excessive.. if you can listen to the entire shambala sets and not get a headache i applaud your tenacity