Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLICT

Default CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLICT

Please.

4/17 Pixies @ Pappy & Harriets
    4/26 Desert Daze @ Sunset Ranch Oasis
    5/26 Panda Bear @ Pappy & Harriets
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium

Default Re: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLI

SIGNED!
    The Eels - 5.14.14 @ The Crescent Ballroom

Default Re: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLI

Thank god I'm going both weekends! Regardless signed.

SIGNED.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Going by the poster, it's gonna be Knife (on the main stage, wtf???) into OutKast.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Going by the poster, it's gonna be Knife (on the main stage, wtf???) into OutKast.
    I was thinking the same thing. That would be so fucking weird...
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

signed
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs January 11 - Muse January 21 - Cannabis Cup February 17 - UFC 157 February 23 - Coachella W1 - Rolling Stones May 15 - Tame Impala May 30 - Flying Lotus June 1- Infected Mushroom June 20 - EDC June 21-22 - Americanarama Aug. 3 - Queens of the Stone Age Aug. 17 - Black Sabbath Aug 28 & Sept. 3 - Dave Chappelle Sept. 15 - Nocturnal Wonderland Sept. 21 - the Dead Sept. 28 - NIN Nov. 8

So many people will be confused. Think Animal Collective in 2011 X100.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

this would be ideal. i kind of figured the knife would close the mojave.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

We've probably already talked about this on Facebook but I think the Knife's too big for the Mojave. The most likely scenario IMO is Zedd (who's that?) or Girl Talk close Sahara, Broken Bells closes Mojave, Knife-->Outkast on Main, and Replacements closes the Outdoor.
    What I hope happens is I somehow get to see a little bit of Knife than watch all of the Mats. Then everything shuts down and it's just Outkast.

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    So many people will be confused. Think Animal Collective in 2011 X100.
    Exactly, which would sorta ruin the experience honestly. I wanted them in the Mojave.

The Knife on outdoor, replacements in mojave, outkast main. Worst conflict

I am hoping that Afghan Whigs play against Outkast, so I can see Afghan Whigs with an awesome crowd. That would be fucking perfect for me.

I think is going to be The Replacements then OutKast on the main (similar to ATDI>Snoop&Dre). The Knife could close the Outdoor right after OutKast wraps up.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Nah it's going to be Replacments>The Knife> Outkast on the main

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    I think is going to be The Replacements then OutKast on the main (similar to ATDI>Snoop&Dre). The Knife could close the Outdoor right after OutKast wraps up.
    Absolutely no way the biggest headliner does not close the night out. How you see the 1/2/3 is how they'll be on the main, just like every year of Coachella ever.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I really hope this is the case. I can't miss the Knife nor the Replacements.

That would be so perfect. It's just with Replacements being 3rd on the bill, I feel they have to close some stage.

signed with fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

History usually says the third band listed plays main stage at sunset or right after.

I really hope this is the case. I can't miss the Knife nor the Replacements.
    There's no reason it can't be like this. I mean, is there really gonna be a lot of pressure to get key primetime slots on the Main to the likes of Broken Bells and Chromeo?

The more I think about this, the 'Mats have to be on the Main. Even at the expense of a slightly longer set closing out another stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

god damnit i need that

Well then, here's to hoping that concertgoer is right. That would probably be my favorite succession of bands of any Coachella, yet alone one stage!

When the Knife played Euro fests last year, did they do outdoor stages, or did their setup require a tent or closed roof?
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

This is my greatest fear from now until April

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    When the Knife played Euro fests last year, did they do outdoor stages, or did their setup require a tent or closed roof?
    Any chance for Coachella they drop their new..."act"...and just play?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

With the exception of EDM acts, when is the 1/2/3 not the 3 --> 2 --> 1 on the Main? Nice little Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Absolutely no way the biggest headliner does not close the night out. How you see the 1/2/3 is how they'll be on the main, just like every year of Coachella ever.
    Ugh... this discussion again. Just like every year except for...

David Guetta on 2012, Chemical Bros closing Friday on 011, Thom Yorke in 2010, Love and Rockets in 2008, Happy Mondays 2007, Daft Punk, Massive Attack and Bloc Party in 2006, Bright Eyes in 2005, Kraftwerk in 2004... you know, almost every year.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Ugh... this discussion again. Just like every year except for...

David Guetta on 2012, Chemical Bros closing Friday on 011, Thom Yorke in 2010, Love and Rockets in 2008, Happy Mondays 2007, Daft Punk, Massive Attack and Bloc Party in 2006, Bright Eyes in 2005, Kraftwerk in 2004... you know, almost every year.
    Guetta/Chem Bros - Might want to check the billing.
    Thom Yorke - Disaster that everybody knows will never happen again.
    Love and Rockets - Due to Sunday + Roger Waters long set time
    Happy Mondays/Daft Punk - Later post mentioned that Sahara/EDM acts are the only thing to throw this off

I think we're good here.