Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket delivery to billing address only

Default Ticket delivery to billing address only

I just bought the tickets and was told that I can only receive the tickets at my billing address, which requires signatures. How can I receive the tickets at my work where I can receive and sign?

You can't buy the tickets at their retail store, only on the website. This is not so "convenient" although I was charged for their service, including $10 extra for this ridiculous delivery fee when tickets will be held in hostage and I won't be home to receive and sign for it! I'm not sure if they are trying to get rid of ticket "pirates" this way but this is so unfair to real attendees and buyers.

Default Re: Ticket delivery to billing address only

Quote Originally Posted by imjihoon View Post
    I just bought the tickets and was told that I can only receive the tickets at my billing address, which requires signatures. How can I receive the tickets at my work where I can receive and sign?
    Usually, both UPS and FedEx allow you to redirect packages. When you receive the *first* info notice, you can go to their website and ask them to deliver to a different address. This does require paying a small fee.

I know with Fed Ex I can also go to the local office/distribution terminal and pick up a package in the evening after the delivery trucks have returned.

http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq#faq4-6

Ticketmaster is saying my passes can only be shipped to my billing address. Why?

This is a standard Ticketmaster policy however they have made and exception for all Coachella orders – if you need to have your passes mailed somewhere else please contact them back and they will arrange it for you.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post

Ticketmaster is saying my passes can only be shipped to my billing address. Why?

This is a standard Ticketmaster policy however they have made and exception for all Coachella orders if you need to have your passes mailed somewhere else please contact them back and they will arrange it for you.
    Wow! You've must be tired for posting the same thing over and over again...

she is
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

PF needs a vacation. Let's pitch in and buy her Coachella tickets!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I am just copy/pasting info that is on the website when i can.

This is a standard Ticketmaster policy however they have made and exception for all Coachella orders – if you need to have your passes mailed somewhere else please contact them back and they will arrange it for you.
    Psychic Friend: Good luck getting through to Ticketmaster on the phone. I'm one of the people with the same dilemma (see below). I emailed Ticketmaster's Customer Service promptly on Friday morning right after 10:00 a.m. when I bought by 2 tickets, and there's still been no reply. What to do?????? I really hate the way Golden Voice is selling tickets this year, although I can understand why--sort of. I think it will make getting into the festival faster, however, getting into the parking lot is going to be a nightmare if they're checking every single car and every single passenger within every single car for a wristband! And I thought Friday afternoon's traffic jam was bad last year......
    I'm really concerned about my tickets, which I purchased through Ticketmaster. I live in a very rural community, and we do not have postal (US) mail deliverly. All I have is a PO Box, and I have to drive to a local post office to pick-up my mail daily. When I typed in my credit card info, Ticketmaster wanted my billing address. So, I typed in my billing address for fear that my credit card would be declined if I didn't. I think you know where I'm going with this! However, Ticketmaster's site--as well as Coachella's--says they'll only ship through FedEx or UPS. FedEx and UPS will NOT ship to a PO Box! I spent $630.(US) for two tickets, and they don't have my physical street address. There's no Will Call this year, from what I gather. I'm so paranoid that I just blew all that money and I'll never receive my tickets. Anyone else in this situation?
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

800-653-8000 calling them would have been quicker than typing your post.

you need to relax. the festival is a few months away. seriously. why dont you just calm down and wait until the dust settles. lets discuss this on monday when regular people are at the office and i can check on things. but what i posted is correct. so RELAX

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

you need to relax. the festival is a few months away. seriously. why dont you just calm down and wait until the dust settles. lets discuss this on monday when regular people are at the office and i can check on things. but what i posted is correct. so RELAX
    Whoa. Did she use logic and shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

I was a bit worried ordering my festival tickets knowing that we were moving next month and not knowing where. Figured I'd just wait it out and call when I know the new physical address. This makes me feel better! Thank you!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    800-653-8000 calling them would have been quicker than typing your post.
    I understand, but I did that--tried to call Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000, TWICE! The first time was right after 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday. I was on hold for over thirty minutes, then some woman answered the phone, chuckled when I explained my situation--seriously--said she'd get her supervisor, put me back on hold, and I got disconnected! Then, I emailed Ticketmaster's Customer Service (about 11:15 a.m. Friday). Still no response. Keep in mind I was at work and trying to do my job in between all of this. I tried calling back again Friday afternoon, but, again, was on perpetual hold. So, like I said, good luck getting through to Ticketmaster by phone. Psychic Friend, I'm hoping you can get this all straightened-out with Ticketmaster. I mean that will all sincerity, and not as a smart a--. I know I'm not the only one with the "no shipping to PO Boxes" problem. I betcha there are thousands of us in the same situation. Why can't Ticketmaster ship to a PO Box and require a signature at the post office window with ID in order for the customer to accept deliverly??? I don't understand why it MUST be through UPS or FedEx. The U.S. Postal Service can do the same service if it's the "security" of ones tickets you're worried about. Seriously.
    Last edited by RODGERRAMJET; 01-22-2011 at 04:31 PM.

r e l a x

r e l a x
    Okay. I trust you. Taking a deep breath and counting backwards from ten............................................... ......................................... Oh yeah, wish the "powers that be" would have added The Baseball Project to Coachella 2011. They have a new album coming out on Yep Roc on March 8th, and are scheduling tour dates to promote it. I know for a fact they want to play Coachella...talked to one of the band members. The Baseball Project certainly is cool enough to play Coachella (two members from REM [Peter Buck & Scott McCaughey]/one from The Dream Syndicate [Steve Wynn]/one from Golden Smog [Linda Pitmon]). They book through Andrew Colvin at Ground Control Touring in Brooklyn, NY and I know Golden Voice has booked a lot of Ground Control bands in the past. Can't you make it happen? Put in a good word? I mean, since we didn't actually get REM this year.....The Baseball Project would be a great "alternative" to REM, and they'll draw. Heck, they just played The David Letterman Show. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming..........(I didn't mean to "threadcrap" here.)

cool. lets revisit this next week. it will be fine.

but what that band he wants to play..C'mon can't you make that happen..and while your at it a few other people have mentioned they want Daft Punk there..Could you please kidnap them and put them on stage while your at it.. And oh yeah I want a 90 minute Kills set, so please make that happen too thanks Psychic friend.

Thank you.

Do you trust someone with an avatar like that? Ha!

But srsly, please don't shoot your computer. There are many generous folks on the message board who can help you between now and the Fest.

Enjoy this image...

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    but what that band he wants to play..C'mon can't you make that happen..and while your at it a few other people have mentioned they want Daft Punk there..Could you please kidnap them and put them on stage while your at it.. And oh yeah I want a 90 minute Kills set, so please make that happen too thanks Psychic friend.
    Hey bro, if it was financially feisable/practical and contractually do-able, I'd be down for the addition of Daft Punk and a 90 minute Kills set. (And Golden Voice wouldn't have to kidnap The Baseball Project, 'cause they wanna play Coachella. Just sayin'.)

Unhappy Re: Ticket delivery to billing address only

Quote Originally Posted by RODGERRAMJET View Post
    I know I'm not the only one with the "no shipping to PO Boxes" problem. I betcha there are thousands of us in the same situation.
    i'm in a VERY simlilar situation... i'll post details once i resolve it and how it was done... i probably won't feel very reassured no matter what ANYBODY says til i get my bracelet on my wrist... i just got off the phone with ticketmaster and the operator whom i spoke with said there was "no way around this" so maybe i'm going to have to have a friend with a physical address as a billing address credit card place the order and i'll give them my ca$h... i loathe this idea especially since we don't get the bracelet till 3 weeks before the event
    i'm not going to do anything today i'll wait a week and see if anything changes...
    -puppy dog eyes @ PF-
    then if not i'll use the nuclear nightmare option of last resort and make a straw purchase through somebody trustworthy that has a credit card, will be at home on a weekday during buisiness hours, has a credit card, and uses their physical address as their billing address... another problem is i cannot think of anybody i know that meet the criteria
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

cant do anything on a saturday. so just RELAX until next week. why dont you two email info@coachella.com, include your order number, billing address and explain the issue. also if you have an alternate physical address that can be used, send that. what about a work address?

bottom line is dont worry. we will figure out an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RODGERRAMJET View Post
    Okay. I trust you. Taking a deep breath and counting backwards from ten............................................... ......................................... Oh yeah, wish the "powers that be" would have added The Baseball Project to Coachella 2011. They have a new album coming out on Yep Roc on March 8th, and are scheduling tour dates to promote it. I know for a fact they want to play Coachella...talked to one of the band members. The Baseball Project certainly is cool enough to play Coachella (two members from REM [Peter Buck & Scott McCaughey]/one from The Dream Syndicate [Steve Wynn]/one from Golden Smog [Linda Pitmon]). They book through Andrew Colvin at Ground Control Touring in Brooklyn, NY and I know Golden Voice has booked a lot of Ground Control bands in the past. Can't you make it happen? Put in a good word? I mean, since we didn't actually get REM this year.....The Baseball Project would be a great "alternative" to REM, and they'll draw. Heck, they just played The David Letterman Show. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming..........(I didn't mean to "threadcrap" here.)
    Summary:
    After I bitch and freak out unnecessarily I would like to add that more things, however unrelated they may be, should be done to make me happy.

Post Re: Ticket delivery to billing address only

cant do anything on a saturday. so just RELAX until next week. why dont you two email info@coachella.com, include your order number, billing address and explain the issue. also if you have an alternate physical address that can be used, send that. what about a work address?

bottom line is dont worry. we will figure out an option for you.
    thank you for the speedy responses... i haven't placed my order (didn't use the robots because i wanted a human to clear up the foreseen problem ) and the service representative confirmed that they will only ship to my credit cards billing address (my po box) and cannot/will not change the address to something else... she did suggest that i try calling the customer service # instead of the main # and that they COULD potentially place the order using my billing address and then immediately change the shipping address to my physical address but that i would have to get lucky because if anybody was willing to do that for me they could get FIRED because it directly goes against the goldenvoices rules... -shrugs- i'll wait and hope that a new option opens within a week...

the rep doesnt know what they are talking about and just spouting the regular procedure. you could try saying 'coachella has made special arrangements with ticketmaster, please try reading the notes about the festival" i dont know where the notes are but on the computer screen or something and all supervisors have been alerted and re-alerted. etc. place the order, use the billing address that is po, then we can help get things changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    i haven't placed my order
    hey, maybe it will sell out and make this whole thing a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Lightbulb Re: Ticket delivery to billing address only

the rep doesnt know what they are talking about and just spouting the regular procedure. you could try saying 'coachella has made special arrangements with ticketmaster, please try reading the notes about the festival" i dont know where the notes are but on the computer screen or something and all supervisors have been alerted and re-alerted. etc. place the order, use the billing address that is po, then we can help get things changed.
    thanks i'll call back, ask for a supervisor, and...... post afterwards

Thumbs up Re: Ticket delivery to billing address only

GOT MY TICKETS ORDERED

no po boxes/ticketmaster ineptitude made it a challenge but it's done!

thank you PF!