Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2011 has a lack of Metal or any Rock really.

Default Re: Coachella 2011 has a lack of Metal or any Rock really.

Quote Originally Posted by newnostalgia View Post
    i could say the same for you dude. if you were in my position and had your mind blown last year, then you'd be pretty damn dissapointed if one of your favorite things in the year turned to shit.
    Yeah but the thing is nobody gives a shit that you hate the lineup. Keep it to one post expressing dissatisfaction, rather than going on a coachella hating rampage on a board where most people are still quite excited for it. Nothing hard about that dude, contribute in a positive/funny way or get flamed, what do you think is gonna happen on a board frequented exclusively by indie hipster douches.
    dancing so fast

i agree i could have been more subtle. it's just when the lineup was put up it made me feel like i'd been blueballed.

they can still make it awesome by adding Dr. Dre or Neil young or wanda jackson with jack white.. or the white stripes. or the foo fighters. or bring back edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros, the black angels, Fleet foxes.

old school

Yeah adding the Foo Fighters would make this terrible lineup awesome. I completely agree.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

seriously. shut the fuck up dude. the lineup is killer this year (aside from a couple headliners) and if you base your decision to go to Coachella solely based on the headliners then you're doing it wrong

also your obsession with jack white is bordering on creepy
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

i fucking hate your guts newnostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    I was hoping for The Cult as a 3rd liner or something... Ian Astbury was basically begging for a spot at Coachella last year, and they've got a nice blend of guitar rock and alt-rock going on. I don't know anybody who doesn't like "She Sells Sanctuary", and they had a few radio/MTV hits as well.

Of course, Ian's fatter and runs out of breath even more than he used to... but Billy Duffy is still a great rock 'n roll guitarist. I don't think many people would be complaining about their inclusion, but what do I know? I'm the guy who thought Faith No More should get more than an hour last year... and they got less.

*Edit* Or Primus. They're rock and alt, and everybody loves a live Primus show.
    Or A Perfect Circle, but they've probably too expensive.
    They are playing live in Glasgow next Sat, kinda hoped they would get the Duran Duran slot at Coachella.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

LOL ok never mind trying to be reasonable. newnostalgia, you don't know anything about anything obviously, so stfu and go to coachella or don't, it's that easy. Maybe bonnaroo or sasquatch will be more to your taste. Or save up for a big boy festival like Primavera, Sonar, Glasto, Pukkelpop etc. Just stop whining and stop humorlessly stating your opinions that NOBODY CARES ABOUT
    dancing so fast

old school

He seems like a lost soul trying to reach out and appreciate music with other like-minded individuals. Too bad he doesn't know anything. Poor guy.

they can still make it awesome by adding Dr. Dre or Neil young or wanda jackson with jack white.. or the white stripes. or the foo fighters. or bring back edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros, the black angels, Fleet foxes.
    For every person that wants to bring someone like Dr Dre to the festival, there are probably two or three that wouldn't like that idea.

Point being is that music taste is subjective and not everyone is going to ever agree with you.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

As far as I can tell metal and heavy music in general has always kinda gotten the shaft at Coachella (and most major festivals for that matter). I don't believe there has EVER been anything close to an "Ozzchella-lite". There's usually one or two token heavy bands and that's it. As much as I would love for there to be more metal and hardcore there just isn't and there probably won't ever be. I don't know if its because most people who go to festivals don't like metal or if GV just doesn't like it.... who knows. I was fucking seriously stoked to have Serj Tankian in 08, Mastodon in 09 and Dillinger Escape Plan and Baroness in 2010 but so far it doesn't look like metal is getting any love whatsoever this year. Lightning Bolt is heavy yeah... but not the same kind of heavy that Dillinger and Mastodon is. Drum n Bass totally got the shaft last year. I guess its metal's turn this year. At least give us some Glassjaw or Deftones or something!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Loves to Spooge View Post
    I don't believe there has EVER been anything close to an "Ozzchella-lite".
    Well all I know is that every year I'm raging and moshing all day long! I'm able to find all the heavy sic shit. I have a good ear for metal so I just kinda wander towards the heavy energy. They don't really have any death metal or grindcore but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of bands to rage to, bro.

DOOD WE NEED SLIPKNOT THEY GOT MASKZ LIKE DAF PUNKZ

old school

Daft Punk sooooooo terrible. Worst coachella band ever. But I agree about Slipknot bc they'd tear a new asshole into the ground of Coachella, THEY"RE FUKING BRUTAL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ldobbie View Post
    LOL ok never mind trying to be reasonable. newnostalgia, you don't know anything about anything obviously, so stfu and go to coachella or don't, it's that easy. Maybe bonnaroo or sasquatch will be more to your taste. Or save up for a big boy festival like Primavera, Sonar, Glasto, Pukkelpop etc. Just stop whining and stop humorlessly stating your opinions that NOBODY CARES ABOUT
    I dont know anything bout anything, what the fuck kind of statement is that? i can undertand if you do not share the same taste of music as me, however if something sucks, i'm not afraid to say it. the fact that i have such admiration for jack white is only because he is one of few musicians out there making good new rock 'n roll. I understand I shouldnt be so negative, but hey I'm just venting because I spent quite a chunk of change on tickets already and because i live in europe i wont be able to pick up those tickets and sell them. if i chose the delivery option then it be calling it too close sending the tix back to america. so i cant really put em on ebay either. so they aint gettin sold. i know this has been my decision to buy these tickets, I guess I had too much faith in The organizers of this festival to uphold the awesomeness of last year.

old school

The lineup is every bit as good, if not better than last year's.

The worst crowd I've ever seen at coach was Sunday 07 when rage played to 30000 heshans and 1000 cops. I'm so happy the metal heads got snuffed this year. Stay the f away! You don't see a bunch of hipsters trying to hang at ozz fest.. Like that one douch said: keep in indie, keep it punk, keep it electronic, keep it English.

Long live coachella. Bye bye meat heads
    Last edited by BayAreaIsBetter; 01-22-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

Coachella is a festival that usually represents a lot of different kinds of music and I see nothing wrong with them having one or two metal or metal-lite acts there. Like I remember hearing Sepultura rumors earlier, something like that is different and in a weekend where I'm going to see rap, techno, indie rock, mainstream rock, and a plethora of other music I think it would be cool to see that.

I would love to see A Perfect Circle added.

Definitely more progressive than anything, but I will be checking out this guy..

I'm pretty sure Glassjaw will still be added, and I wish i got to see Baroness last year.

Yeah let's not confuse prog metal for the kind of trash thrash that newnostaligia speed smoker wants to see contaminate our lovely festival
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

or bring back edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros.
    BAN BAN BAN
    Albert Einstein

whatever, if they brought out a new album as good as the first they could headline as their fanbase is huuuge. did you not see the massive crowd at the outdoor??

I did, I actually shed a tear when they played home, but the rest of the album sucks. Im sorry to harp on you man but you've been bitching a lot on here and I think it's only because you don't understand how good the undeercard is this year. It's not metal, that's for sure, but I promise it will blow your mind. Have a safe trip to the states and happy coachella.
    Albert Einstein

I wouldn't say that I am disappointed with the line-up. I love discovering new music with Coachella every year. I think of it as the superbowl of the music world. No... I view it as the music olympics. I bitch and complain every year, but you know what. I go and have one of the greatest times of my life.

Does Coachella need more hard rock? Yes. Will it stop me from going? No. I am loving the shit out of so many of these new bands. I have got to check them out. See who I am going to add to my ever growing music collection. Its like scouting season and all of that shit that I said above in one fucking weird package.

I am completely and utterly stoned

God save the me

S!D
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

Not metal, but either way, where the fuck is Grinderman?

Coachella needs some No Pussy Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisismyname View Post
    Not metal, but either way, where the fuck is Grinderman?

Coachella needs some No Pussy Blues.
    Ok you are right I need to start listening to this band

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaIsBetter View Post
    don't trash up our nice festival.
    That's a bit misguided, considering the issue with trash last year.

teknolog1c(mikeB)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Daft Punk sooooooo terrible. Worst coachella band ever. But I agree about Slipknot bc they'd tear a new asshole into the ground of Coachella, THEY"RE FUKING BRUTAL!!!!
    I'VE SEEN ALL YOU HIPSTER BITCHES SAY SUM PRETTY UNBELIEVEABLE THINGS ON THESE THREADS, BUT THIS ABSOLUTELY TAKES THE CAKE.

CONGRATS, YOU ARE A DOUCHEBAG!

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong