Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

  1. #1

    Default Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Look people - Coachella is and always has been about diversity in music. If you don't like it, don't be bothered to go. Just shut up and wait 'til next year. And if, with over 150 artists to choose from, you cannot find a couple dozen to listen to and enjoy over 3 spectacular days in the So. Cal Desert, then you are not a music fan. You are a narrow-minded git, who only wants to hear the same 3 freakin' acts every year. Get over it. Don't ruin the experience for those who enjoy a wide array of music and getting together for an epic 3 days of fun in the sun. Go turn on your stereo and listen to your small collection of "real music" at home by yourself, where you belong.

  2. #2
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.


  3. #3
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quit bitching about people bitching ok?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    can you go tell my music elitist friends on facebook this?
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

  5. #5
    Member newnostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Coachella sucks this year.. and it's not like we dont care or don't love coachella. This year is just severely dissapointing. How mainstream can you get. thank you paul toilette for making this year such a cheesefest with nothing spectacular to see whatsoever. This festival usually demands international attention. now it's just another festival although in a beautiful location. there is nothing, nothing, nothing on that lineup bringing the oomf. I think it is only fair to let people state their opinion clearly even if it doesnt suite yours. Last year's festival was way more balanced in each way, Hipsters got their stuff, techhies got there stuff, hiphop had their fair share and the rock/folk/blues section was awesome. what the fuck, really.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Which of those is missing this year? Certainly not EDM or Hipster. Maybe a little lite on Hip-Hop, but there is some. You've got Folkie, Pop, Rock, British (tons - like always), reunions, the list goes on. No difference than other years.

  7. #7
    Member newnostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    please show the rock n roll/folk/blues on that poster. the real soulful stuff not the boy band wearing guitars folk. compared to last year its very short on any of those genres.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    10,050

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Coachella doesn't owe you anything.if you don't like the festival, go the fuck away

    you may be allowed to voice your displeasure with the lineup, but it goes both ways. Boarders who think you're a dumbass are equally allowed to tell you so. Fuck. Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie weeklymix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,333

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by newnostalgia View Post
    please show the rock n roll/folk/blues on that poster. the real soulful stuff not the boy band wearing guitars folk. compared to last year its very short on any of those genres.
    And you're short of several chromosomes but you don't hear me bitching about you. Not yet, anyway.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,094

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by newnostalgia View Post
    please show the rock n roll/folk/blues on that poster. the real soulful stuff not the boy band wearing guitars folk. compared to last year its very short on any of those genres.
    The Black Keys, Big Audio Dynamite

    [/thread]
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  11. #11

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by newnostalgia View Post
    there is nothing, nothing, nothing on that lineup bringing the oomf.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ ABEL ROCK View Post
    Kanye Performance was fucking sick...he did the shit with ZERO monitors and less then 10 fucking rappers on stage with him including a hype man or 'hype men' and he manage to take you on a ride of personal shit then into some party shit then back into some deep shit then back into some hype party shit then back into some sentimental shit and still was able to keep that crowd hype!!

  12. #12
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    And you're short of several chromosomes but you don't hear me bitching about you. Not yet, anyway.

  13. #13
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  14. #14
    Member artisticcreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    It will be an awesome year! Please don't come if you aren't capable of appreciating it!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

    Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

  15. #15

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by newnostalgia View Post
    Coachella sucks this year.. and it's not like we dont care or don't love coachella. This year is just severely dissapointing. How mainstream can you get. thank you paul toilette for making this year such a cheesefest with nothing spectacular to see whatsoever. This festival usually demands international attention. now it's just another festival although in a beautiful location. there is nothing, nothing, nothing on that lineup bringing the oomf. I think it is only fair to let people state their opinion clearly even if it doesnt suite yours. Last year's festival was way more balanced in each way, Hipsters got their stuff, techhies got there stuff, hiphop had their fair share and the rock/folk/blues section was awesome. what the fuck, really.
    Hipsters: Animal Collective? check.
    Techies: ... I don't even have to answer this, this year is one of the best ever from a Sahara standpoint.
    Hiphop: Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa
    Rock: The Kills, Death from Above 1979, The Strokes
    Folk: Bright Eyes, The Tallest Man on Earth, Mumford & Sons
    Blues: THE FUCKING BLACK KEYS

    But really, get the hell out of here. ALL OF THESE GENRES ARE STACKED THIS YEAR WITH AT LEAST A FEW OF THE MOST TALENTED ARTISTS OF TODAY

  16. #16
    Member newnostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Mumford and sons are a boyband disguised as a folk act. ive stopped bitchin bout the lineup though in hopes they might add something to sweeten things up.

  17. #17
    Member untzcrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Quit bitching about people bitching ok?
    Haha!

    New signature.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

  18. #18
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    After years of bitching you can thank me for no longer seeing Perry at the show.

    You're welcome.

  19. #19
    Member thewoodenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    its called space, dude-and we're goin there
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: Enjoy Coachella! Quit Bitching.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosteez View Post
    Hipsters: Animal Collective? check.
    Techies: ... I don't even have to answer this, this year is one of the best ever from a Sahara standpoint.
    Hiphop: Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa
    Rock: The Kills, Death from Above 1979, The Strokes
    Folk: Bright Eyes, The Tallest Man on Earth, Mumford & Sons
    Blues: THE FUCKING BLACK KEYS

    But really, get the hell out of here. ALL OF THESE GENRES ARE STACKED THIS YEAR WITH AT LEAST A FEW OF THE MOST TALENTED ARTISTS OF TODAY
    You forgot Lil B
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

Similar Threads

  1. I'm gonna quit smoking . . . . after Coachella
    By algunz in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:26 PM
  2. I QUIT
    By MassiveChemicalPunk in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 11:53 AM
  3. To All Those Who Insist on Bitching
    By Jankypirate in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM
  4. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
  5. who DIDN'T enjoy coachella?
    By medornage in forum Questions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •