Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Lovers of Interpol Convene

Default Re: Lovers of Interpol Convene

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Last night was the most win. almost felt like they made this setlist just for me haha

Glad I didn't make it to the show after seeing the setlist. I LOVE Our Love to Admire (and I'm not such a huge fan of Antics) and they played almost none of the tracks on OLTA - Wrecking Ball, Pioneer to the Falls, No I in Threesome, All Fired Up - does Interpol not play tracks from that album usually?

They've only been playing a few OLTA songs this tour, yeah.
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Glad I didn't make it to the show after seeing the setlist. I LOVE Our Love to Admire (and I'm not such a huge fan of Antics) and they played almost none of the tracks on OLTA - Wrecking Ball, Pioneer to the Falls, No I in Threesome, All Fired Up - does Interpol not play tracks from that album usually?
    it kills me to hear someone say that. that setlist is money

Richard hurry back and tell us about the show !

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    it kills me to hear someone say that. that setlist is money
    Yes! This is definitely the best set list I've seen thus far this tour. I can only hope this reflects the kind of show I'll be getting in SB on Friday.

But I share Kicker's affinity for Our Love... (but not their distaste for Antics) and am always ranting that there should be more in the set. However, even when they toured that album they only played 3 songs from it. 2 on this tour is a miracle.

Any word from you folks at the show tonight? Set list? I wish I coulda' juggled Interpol and Little Dragon but LD was absolutely breathtaking.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    That bass lick in Evil was probably my favorite thing that Carlos D ever did, it had his personal touch written all over it. Pajo sounds nothing like him when he plays it, it just had this going through the motions feeling to it. Completely void of any kind of personality or authenticity. Too bad.
    yes, exactly.

Basically, Interpol has way too many good songs.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

no PDA??

I've seen PDA 5 times so I was kind of glad for a change of pace. Slow Hands is great and all but I don't need them to play it every time... lol

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

UCSB tomorrow!! Hell yes!! Time for a road trip!! Anyone going??
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Quote Originally Posted by lediable76 View Post
    UCSB tomorrow!! Hell yes!! Time for a road trip!! Anyone going??
    I'm making the road trip as well.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

the old interpol is what i love

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    Richard hurry back and tell us about the show !
    I've seen Interpol over 20 times and last night's show was one of the most fun ones I've ever been to. The setlist was great:

1. Success
    2. C'mere
    3. Length of Love
    4. Hands Away
    5. Barricade
    6. Summer Well
    7. Rest My Chemistry
    8. Say Hello To The Angels
    9. Lights
    10. The Heinrich Maneuver
    11. Lights
    12. NARC
    13. NYC
    14. The New
    15. Slow Hands
    --------
    16. Untitled
    17. Evil
    18. Obstacle 1
    19. Not Even Jail

But aside from seeing Safe Without and The New for the first time, I think what really did for me was the vibe of the show. Even though it was a big arena, the place seemed to be going nuts. I don't remember a crowd singing along to the songs that LOUD in a while. & we were going nuts with the jumping and clapping. & you could tell the band was totally feeding off the energy. Paul was smiling a lot, & Sam was really beasting it with extra rolls on the drums. It was tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow in Santa Barbara!
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

I've come around, and am really enjoying the latest album. Can't wait to see them.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    But aside from seeing Safe Without and The New for the first time, I think what really did for me was the vibe of the show. Even though it was a big arena, the place seemed to be going nuts. I don't remember a crowd singing along to the songs that LOUD in a while. & we were going nuts with the jumping and clapping. & you could tell the band was totally feeding off the energy. Paul was smiling a lot, & Sam was really beasting it with extra rolls on the drums. It was tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow in Santa Barbara!
    I'm hoping the vibe is the same tomorrow. Nothing pisses me off more than a bunch of squares at an Interpol show. Cannot wait to hear Safe Without, The New, and Length of Love.

So they did play Safe Without last night? It's not on the setlist you posted.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Just watched Interpol's performance on Conan. Jesus. Paul looks like he'd be in some shitty Orange County ska band with that haircut.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm gonna try and catch their show at chella but it's not a priority since they're in austin the next weekend.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

who the fuck cares about PDA?!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Just watched Interpol's performance on Conan. Jesus. Paul looks like he'd be in some shitty Orange County ska band with that haircut.
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the faux hawk. I hope he shaves his head today.

Omg!!! I just met Martin gore here!!! Sucks.., no fucking beer, though!!
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Yeah, I generally don't like shows at college gyms for that reason. However, such a badass show. Maybe my favorite one I've seen on this tour yet. I'm a little disappointed there was no Safe Without or Length of Love. But it was totally worth while cause we got THE LIGHTHOUSE, THE NEW, and finally MAMMOTH!!!

While i'm on the subject of OLTA. This has to be the most songs they've played from it yet. 4 tunes. Heinrich, Mammoth, Rest My Chemistry, and the Lighthouse!

The crowd at UCSB was a bit odd at times, but the energy was great. When the boys came back for the encore, I swear the cheer from the crowd sounded like we were at a packed Staples Center. People singing along, fucking dancing, and generally just enjoying themselves. Thank God!

The crowd was whack!! All I saw was a bunch of posers. The few fans I saw were pretty into it, but it wasnt many. Then there was this asshole with a frugal sense of style and and oversized nose that got in front of me all rude and shit that really just summarized the crowd for me. He looked like a stiff dick just standing there. And did I mention, no fucking beer or anything!?? I mean no water, no sodas, no nachos, no popcorn, I mean. Absolute shit!!! There was a water fountain. That's it...

The band itself was great as always, but the venue's lack of refreshments of any type killed it for me.

However, I was quite glad to meet mr. Martin L. Gore there. Did anyone else see him??
    Coachella 2013

Yeah, it was the same when I saw the Pixies at the RIMAC in La Jolla. It's one thing not to serve beer, but not even water? This is why I don't like shows at college gyms.

Quite a few odd balls in my neck of the woods too. Some guy to my left kept screaming incoherent words constantly. I think I made out one: "REMEMBER!!!" And I don't mind people who want to get further into the crowd, but we had a train of 10 people plow through us. Have some common courtesy you fucking twats! Not to mention I had Darth Vader (7 foot tall guy with hoody) and Chewbacca (7 foot tall hairy, smelly guy) in our direct line of sight for half the show.

The show seemed incredibly Antics heavy. Which I was pleased with, but it also meant less TotBL. But I didn't mind, the last 3 shows I went to were dominated by ...Bright Lights. It was nice to hear a couple more from Our Love, and I always enjoy listening to the new live tunes.

Oh and for anyone who may care...

Success
    C'Mere
    Heinrich
    Summer Well
    Take You on a Cruise
    Stella...
    Chemistry
    Evil
    The New
    Mammoth
    Lights
    Say Hello...
    NYC
    Memory Serves
    Slow Hands

Encore
    The Lighthouse!!!
    Barricade
    Narc
    Not Even Jail

I think that's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Yeah, I generally don't like shows at college gyms for that reason. However, such a badass show. Maybe my favorite one I've seen on this tour yet. I'm a little disappointed there was no Safe Without or Length of Love. But it was totally worth while cause we got THE LIGHTHOUSE, THE NEW, and finally MAMMOTH!!!

While i'm on the subject of OLTA. This has to be the most songs they've played from it yet. 4 tunes. Heinrich, Mammoth, Rest My Chemistry, and the Lighthouse!

The crowd at UCSB was a bit odd at times, but the energy was great. When the boys came back for the encore, I swear the cheer from the crowd sounded like we were at a packed Staples Center. People singing along, fucking dancing, and generally just enjoying themselves. Thank God!
    Glad you got Mammoth if you haven't seen it before. Last time I saw it my right contact fell out cuz I was jumping around so much haha

Wow you got Memory Serves! That's one I have yet to see, hopefully at coachella!

Upcoming shows
    Events

Last time I saw it was on the OLTA tour back in '07. Hadn't seen it in years. Too bad the crowd gave 0 shits about it. I soaked up every moment of it.

I was actually bummed they played Memory Serves cause I've seen it each show this tour and was looking forward to them changing it out for Safe Without this time. It is absolutely fantastic live though. Better happen at Coachella. And Length of Love, I'm dying to see that!

Yeah Sam killed it during Length of Love. I would really like them to premiere Always Malaise at Coachella. That would be epic.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Last night was so much fun.

Waiting in line all day hollering at beautiful Santa Barbara women was pretty great too.

The setlist was awesome.
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

i've loved this band so much for 8 years, and i can't believe last night was my first time seeing them live! i think they sounded perfect, especially for playing in a gym hah. i felt their setlist flowed great, and the lighting was cool while not being too flashy. sure the crowd was kinda weak, and i'm hearing now they had zero refreshments of any kind, but i still put this show into the "epic" category...

honestly the only disappointing part of the show was Paul's hair...