Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Lovers of Interpol Convene

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Lovers of Interpol Convene

finally got the new. though i will still be trying to catch the coachella setlist as i need me some stella & lighthouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Assuming that these songs have to be played at Coachella...

Success
    Evil
    Obstacle 1
    Take You On A Cruise
    Lights
    Barricade
    Slow Hands
    Heinrich Maneuver

Doesn't leave much time for other songs...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

When I saw them at Coachella in '07 they only played 10 songs. If they play the same stage and slot it'll probably be roughly the same. I'm hoping for a few more though.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Never understood why people hate on Our Love to Admire. Pretty damn good album save for maybe one dud at the end (never cared for "Lighthouse" always thought it sounded like a poor version of a Walkmen song). I'm still undecided on the new album. There's some great songs (Lights, Success, Summer Well) but I feel like the album loses steam towards the end. I find "Try it On" really off-putting and have a hard time making it past that point.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Assuming that these songs have to be played at Coachella...

Success
    Evil
    Obstacle 1
    Take You On A Cruise
    Lights
    Barricade
    Slow Hands
    Heinrich Maneuver

Doesn't leave much time for other songs...
    NYC and Not Even Jail could fit in well.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Never understood why people hate on Our Love to Admire. Pretty damn good album save for maybe one dud at the end (never cared for "Lighthouse" always thought it sounded like a poor version of a Walkmen song).
    I think if you saw The Lighthouse live you'd think differently.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    The Studio launches at Coachella

Last month we announced our creative partnership with Coachella, one of our favorite music festivals. We told you more information would be coming, and while we can’t reveal all the juicy details just yet, we can tell you that the first set of works from The Studio will premiere this April at Coachella.

We are partnering with headlining acts like Interpol and Animal Collective (who will be working with Black Dice) to create a new visual experience to match their live sets.

Returning creators and masters of light technology, United Visual Artists (UVA), are redesigning Coachella’s main stage to create a dynamic canvas for musical performance. We’re also partnering with esteemed UK film director Jonathan Glazer and UK band Spiritualized to produce an experimental light and sound installation.

And this is only the beginning. We’ll be releasing more details about the projects we’re bringing to Coachella, exclusive interviews, photos and videos, as well as insights into the creative process behind these monumental works, as the countdown to the festival ticks away.

Select artwork from Coachella, along with additional work from The Studio, will then travel the world as part of The Creators Project international event series.

Find out more about our creative partnership with Coachella here.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Interpol discussing Interpol via Creators Project

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/cr...Z1DahKKuAoyjbe
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I love them but they are pretty boring live. I would love to hear Obstacle 1 and PDA live though. Holy fuck.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

This video excites me
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Some great insight!

I'm getting pumped about whatever this visual accompaniment will be at Coachella.

I HATE INTERPOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    So, many folks have given up on the above mentioned band. Many feel they have lost their touch, but I say...nay. Not only do I love their more recent music, but I feel that in ways they have gotten better over time.

Now, for those of you who disagree, never fear. It seems they have been trying to curry favor with their former fans by making their live set list Turn on the Bright Lights heavy. So if you'd prefer to hear some of those gems, tune in to their set Friday April 15th.

Anywho, they still kick ass. If you're still game for these boys, join me in celebration that they're returning to the desert.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/0...other-bassist/

Interpol loses another bassist

Houses can be haunted and the Chicago Cubs are doomed to be World Series-less for the rest of the team’s days, but can a band be cursed? If that band is Interpol, then the answer is yes. According to NME, for the second time in less than a year, the NYC outfit has lost its bassist. In a statement on the band’s official site, bassist Dave Pajo said he has left the band to spend more time with his family. The remaining members replied with their support, writing “We’re all friends. It’s just an out-of-the-hotel, into-the-home sorta thing. He’s going to be missed to be sure. Aside from being an exceptional musician, Pajo is a wonderful person to be around.” Pajo will be replaced on the road by bassist Brad Truax, who previously played with Jah Division and Home. The band is at home now, with the tour picking up again on March 3rd in Hamburg, German.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

FFS I will never get to see Pajo live. FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/0...other-bassist/

Interpol loses another bassist

Houses can be haunted and the Chicago Cubs are doomed to be World Series-less for the rest of the teamís days, but can a band be cursed? If that band is Interpol, then the answer is yes. According to NME, for the second time in less than a year, the NYC outfit has lost its bassist. In a statement on the bandís official site, bassist Dave Pajo said he has left the band to spend more time with his family. The remaining members replied with their support, writing ďWeíre all friends. Itís just an out-of-the-hotel, into-the-home sorta thing. Heís going to be missed to be sure. Aside from being an exceptional musician, Pajo is a wonderful person to be around.Ē Pajo will be replaced on the road by bassist Brad Truax, who previously played with Jah Division and Home. The band is at home now, with the tour picking up again on March 3rd in Hamburg, German.
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2054772

As was discussed previously, Pajo was never supposed to be the band's new bassist. He was just filling in as the touring bass player. Paul and Daniel had mentioned that they would be mixing up the line-up after Carlos' departure.

Seriously, to call the band "cursed" is a bit dramatic.. lets be honest here. If they paraded Pajo as the answer to Carlos D's departure that'd be one thing. They never did anything of the sort. Notice all the pictures from this album featuring only Paul, Daniel and Sam? The original crew coming on stage seperate, from Pajo and the keyboard player etc.

Don't let an exaggerated cos article spoil your yearning for Interpol at Coachella. Whether they have Pajo , Truax, or a Chimpanzee playing bass they will bring it.

Fuck cos anyway. Over dramatizing everything.

Is it crazy that I saw Dave Pajo with Interpol 9 times?

yeah, thats pretty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Is it crazy that I saw Dave Pajo with Interpol 9 times?
    That's fairly outrageous. While I enjoyed his addition, I've now seen Interpol with him 6 times, and Carlos only twice. Sad day.

So This is My Dilemma. Interpol cancelled their SLC show for sure last month which I was very anxious on seeing for 2 reasons

I love Interpol
    Was probably going to skip em at Coachella to catch another band

With the news Im not going to miss them in coach but wonder what conflicts might exist wth other bands I want to see.

For Example DO you think Itll go something like

Interpol-The Black Keys-Kings Of Leon

or The Black Keys-Interpol-KOL

in the cochella stage?

Or would they go to the Outdoor with maybe Caifanes and The Chemical Brothers

The Thing is I wanted t catch Caifanes and or The Chem Bros instead of INterpol in case they were slotted at the same time.

This is sad while i love interpol a lot i have a sad feeling that I woint be able to see another band instead. opnions?

I have so much respect for INTERPOL. They do such a great job, catching all those criminals.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by mtenorio View Post
    So This is My Dilemma. Interpol cancelled their SLC show for sure last month which I was very anxious on seeing for 2 reasons

I love Interpol
    Was probably going to skip em at Coachella to catch another band

With the news Im not going to miss them in coach but wonder what conflicts might exist wth other bands I want to see.

For Example DO you think Itll go something like

Interpol-The Black Keys-Kings Of Leon

or The Black Keys-Interpol-KOL

in the cochella stage?

Or would they go to the Outdoor with maybe Caifanes and The Chemical Brothers

The Thing is I wanted t catch Caifanes and or The Chem Bros instead of INterpol in case they were slotted at the same time.

This is sad while i love interpol a lot i have a sad feeling that I woint be able to see another band instead. opnions?
    My guess would be Interpol-Black Keys-KOL on the main stage. I'm a Coachella rookie but I know there will be conflicts. I've seen Interpol several times and I'm considering skipping them if they conflict with someone else I really want to see. Then again, I'm afraid I'd regret missing them.

Just pick a band and go with it. Have fun and don't worry about what you might be missing.

I feel like the only Interpol fan who didn't hate Our Love to Admire. There are so many good songs on that album.

I don't like the newest album yet though. I'm trying, but it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    I feel like the only Interpol fan who didn't hate Our Love to Admire. There are so many good songs on that album.

I don't like the newest album yet though. I'm trying, but it's not happening.
    You're definitely not. I for one thought it was their strongest work when it came out. I instantly fell in love with it.

Their newest record is strange. Upon first listen I thought, can it be? Has Interpol lost their touch? But multiple listens were very rewarding. I now find this record to be outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9Jmlkg33U

Here is the link to Interpol on Interpol. Said that they are thinking burning man meets Tron for Coachella.
    Coachella 05-11 and have my ticket for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOnFire View Post
    I have so much respect for INTERPOL. They do such a great job, catching all those criminals.
    You're so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by clearlytransparent View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9Jmlkg33U

Here is the link to Interpol on Interpol. Said that they are thinking burning man meets Tron for Coachella.
    We know. The video was posted several days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    We know. The video was posted several days ago.
    Sorry, I did a search and nothing came up.
    Coachella 05-11 and have my ticket for 2012

It's ok, but the post is actually on this very same page.