Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 183

Thread: San Franchella

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default San Franchella

    Every year, San Francisco is lucky enough to get an influx of live music greatness around the dates for Coachella. It can be a tough decision when it gets close to April, so this will serve as a place to track all of the bands playing in San Francisco the two weeks around Coachella (there are extra in there thanks to df). The list isn't huge yet, but already contains a great show for the Saturday night of the festival weekend.

    I will continue to update the first post as more shows are announced.

    San Franchella:

    02/14 - The Radio Dept - The Independent
    02/15 - The Radio Dept - The Independent
    02/22 - OFWGKTA - Slim's
    02/23 - The Love Language - Cafe Du Nord
    03/04 - Crystal Castles - Warfield
    03/12 - Axwell - Ruby Skye
    03/16 - Warpaint - The Independent
    03/23 - Foster The People - The Independent
    03/25 - MEN - Rickshaw Stop
    03/28 - She Wants Revenge - The Independent
    04/02 - Mount Kimble - Mezzanine
    04/09 - Cold War Kids - Fox Oakland
    04/11 - Scola & Kolacny Brothers - The Independent
    04/11 - Animal Collective - Kate Buchanan Room (Arcata, CA)
    04/12 - Scola & Kolacny Brothers - The Independent
    04/12 - Bright Eyes - Fox Oakland
    04/12 - The Rural Alberta Advantage - Bottom of the Hill
    04/12 - Animal Collective - Mateel Community Center (Redway, CA)
    04/12 - Klaxons - Fillmore
    04/13 - Titus Andronicus - New Parish Oakland
    04/13 - The Rural Alberta Advantage - Bottom of the Hill
    04/13 - Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears - The Independent
    04/13 - Animal Collective - Great American Music Hall
    04/13 - YACHT - Bimbo's 365 Club
    04/13 - Broken Social Scene - The Warfield
    04/14 - Foals w/Freelance Whales - Great American Music Hall
    04/14 - Jack Beats - Mighty
    04/14 - Delorean - Slim's
    04/14 - Cults w/White Arrows & Magic Kids - The Independent
    04/14 - Animal Collective - Henry Miller Memorial Library (Big Sur, CA)
    04/14 - Interpol - Crest Theatre (Sacramento)
    04/14 - Gord Downie - Cafe Du Nord
    04/14 - PJ Harvey - The Warfield
    04/14 - The Joy Formidable w/The Lonely Forest - Bottom of the Hill
    04/14 - Two Door Cinema Club - Fillmore
    04/14 - Ellie Goulding - Rickshaw Stop
    04/14 - Shpongle - Arcata Theatre (Arcata, CA)
    04/15 - Raphael Saadiq w/Quadron - The Grand Regency
    04/15 - Phantogram - The Independent
    04/15 - CSS - Mezzanine
    04/15 - Steve Angello - Ruby Skye
    04/15 Chase & Status (live) - DNA Lounge
    04/16 - Trentemoller (live) - Mezzanine
    04/16 - Afrojack - Ruby Skye
    04/16 - Cut Copy w/Holy Ghost! - The Regency Ballroom
    04/17 - Cut Copy w/Holy Ghost! - The Regency Ballroom
    04/17 - Wire - Slim's
    04/18 - The New Pornographers w/Menomena - The Regency Ballroom
    04/18 - !!! - The Independent
    04/18 - Tame Impala - Fillmore
    04/19 - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart w/Twin Shadow - Great American Music Hall
    04/19 - Bomba Estéreo - The Independent
    04/28 - Phosphorescent - The Independent
    05/16 - A-Trak - Mezzanine
    05/11 - The Kills w/Cold Cave - Fillmore
    05/19 - Yelle - The Regency Ballroom
    05/30 - Sleigh Bells & Neon Indian - The Independent
    05/31 - Sleigh Bells & Neon Indian - The Independent
    06/01 - Gayngs - The Independent
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 02-25-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    .

  2. #2
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,018

    Default Re: San Franchella

    4/11 & 4/12 - Scola & Kolacny Brothers - The Independent

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  3. #3
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Hoping for a Portlandchella Suede or Chems date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  4. #4
    Member ErikFlyingV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bay
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Great thread, for sure keeping my eye on this.

    Last year, missed Yorke at the Fox AND Coachella. This year, there will be no such mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

  5. #5
    Member GnarVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kings Beach , CA
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: San Franchella

    awesome...thx
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    You're Dumb.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Franchella

    More updates already...

    04/14/11 - Jack Beats - Mighty
    04/14/11 - Delorean - Slim's
    04/14/11 - Cults w/White Arrows & Magic Kids - The Independent
    04/17/11 - Wire - Slim's
    .

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    here's the full list as I see it at the moment

    04/09 - Cold War Kids @ Fox Oakland
    04/11 - Scola & Kolacny Brothers @ Indy SF
    04/12 - Scola & Kolacny Brothers @ Indy SF
    04/12 - Bright Eyes @ Fox Oakland
    04/12 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Bottom of the Hill SF
    04/13 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Bottom of the Hill SF
    04/13 - Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears @ Indy SF
    04/14 - Cults @ Indy SF
    04/14 - Jack Beats @ Mighty SF
    04/14 - Delorean @ Slim's SF
    04/14 - Foals, Freelance Whales @ GAMH SF
    04/14 - Interpol @ Crest Theatre Sacramento
    04/16 - Cut Copy @ The Grand Regency SF
    04/17 - Wire @ Slim's SF
    04/19 - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Twin Shadow @ Rickshaw Stop SF
    05/11 - The Kills, Cold Cave @ Fillmore SF
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    hoping Animal Collective is on the 12th and 13th
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Updated...
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 01-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    .

  10. #10

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Taking a look at the list from last year, we are going to get a lot of good shows.
    Got my fingers crossed for PJ Harvey.

    Thanks for putting this together.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Honestly, between the open dates at GAMH, Fox Oakland, Warfield, Fillmore, The Grand Regency, we're going to likely get a lot more acts. PJ Harvey will probably be at the Warfield or The Grand Regency.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    01/20 - Foster the People - Rickshaw Stop
    01/21 - Sasha @ Ruby Skye
    02/14 - The Radio Dept - The Independent
    02/15 - The Radio Dept - The Independent
    03/04 - Crystal Castles - Warfield
    03/16 - Warpaint - The Independent
    04/02 - Mount Kimble - Mezzanine
    Last edited by dorkfish; 01-19-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    I'm not sure if all of those count, technically, but they are playing Coachella.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Now that you posted them, I might as well include them.
    .

  15. #15

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Honestly, between the open dates at GAMH, Fox Oakland, Warfield, Fillmore, The Grand Regency, we're going to likely get a lot more acts. PJ Harvey will probably be at the Warfield or The Grand Regency.
    Sweet. Looks like we will have plenty of options. Not a bad consolation prize.

    I love the sound system at the Warfield. I haven't been to the Regency.

    Anyone likely to play at the Greek? Duran Duran or the Strokes maybe?

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Unfortunately, it's too early for Greek shows. A Duran Duran show would be interesting, though.
    .

  17. #17

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Unfortunately, it's too early for Greek shows. A Duran Duran show would be interesting, though.
    Robert Plant is playing the Greek on 4/22 so I thought there might be a chance.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    02/23 - The Love Language @ Cafe Du Nord
    04/14 - Gord Downie @ Cafe Du Nord
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Lightning Bolt show in SF is coming, but I don't know where/when
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  20. #20
    Member ErikFlyingV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bay
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: San Franchella

    I'm hoping for a PJ Harvey show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

  21. #21
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Lightning Bolt show in SF is coming, but I don't know where/when
    man i hope it's at terminal in oakland... i hope it's not at a normal venue.

  22. #22
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,997

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Lightning Bolt show in SF is coming, but I don't know where/when
    i think i'd rather see them at GAMH then on the polo fields. i can look down from the balcony there.

    and, i'm going to pick up Kills tix on Sunday. PM me if you want me to get you one.

    thanks for doing this, Matt.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,556

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Unfortunately, it's too early for Greek shows. A Duran Duran show would be interesting, though.
    I think the Greek's season begins with Robert Plant on 4/22.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

  24. #24
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    i think i'd rather see them at GAMH then on the polo fields. i can look down from the balcony there.
    there is only one acceptable perspective at a lightning bolt show. if you can't smell brian, something is wrong.


  25. #25
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,997

    Default Re: San Franchella

    < geezr

    (but i do enjoy a pit now and then....primus pits rule)

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Franchella

    Updated...
    .

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    BAM

    April 14, 2011, 8:00 PM
    On SaleSunday 10 AM
    PJ Harvey
    At The Warfield, San Francisco, CA
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    also

    04/15 - Raphael Saadiq with Quadron @ The Grand Regency SF
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  29. #29
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,997

    Default Re: San Franchella

    fml. what's the likelihood that she'll either wrap back here later on her tour and/or come back through LA?

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: San Franchella

    realistically poor. catch her set in the desert.

    LA show might be a possibility, at least.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Similar Threads

  1. San Franchella
    By tubescape in forum Nor Cal
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •