Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1715

Thread: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

  1. #1321
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Preserved forever for successful Tricktrollin'.
    God fucking dammit.

  2. #1322
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,032

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    You've been Trick'd.

  3. #1323
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    It appears I have...

  4. #1324
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    On the other hand, this is the worst lineup I've seen since I started going (2006). The dance music is depressing, the headliners are predictable except for Dr. Dre, and there only a few bands that I wouldn't have a chance to see the rest of the year. Blaming "global trends" is a joke, there are American festivals with infinitely better dance music bookings in the next few months, and Coachella itself has managed to do it every year up until this one.

    I know "Coachella is dead" is a thing every year, but on the real this is the first year I kind of believe it. Not saying the festival is going anywhere, and unless I have a terrible time this year I will probably keep going, but honestly it's difficult to look at this lineup and be anything but disappointed (and doubly so if you like non-anthemic dance music).
    I was trying to prove a point that Coachella wasn't this "movement" about promoting fringe or obscure music. Your personal taste in these bands is beside the point. I happen to think that we have strong headliners this year. I mean, so many of us have been asking for Radiohead to return over the years. But the point is that these headliners aren't a sign that Coachella is compromising for anything. My first year had Coldplay as a headliner. Since then, we have seen Jack Johnson and The Killers headline. Last years headliners had all played in 2007 (or was it 2006 when Kanye played?). Also, the non-Sahara undercard is typical of Coachella. And I don't mean "typical" to be a bad thing. I like that Coachella has continued for, more or less, the same sound, because there is still a lot of it to listen to and see. Every Coachella, the majority of acts that I see are acts that I have not seen before, despite that many acts have played the festival before.

    I'll admit that the Sahara line-up is weak this year, and that is a legitimate reason to not like the line-up. But I don't think we can look at that and say that Coachella has abandoned its great taste for electronica to embrace these new and popular acts. I certainly don't think that we can take it for some kind of death knell for Coachella. They could have booked Kraftwerk, New Order, Fatboy Slim, and 2manydjs and still sold out the festival, so I highly doubt that they focused on acts like Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta, or Justice because they wanted to sell tickets or appease the younger kids who like that stuff. I think these European house acts are just all well connected, with each other and the festival (there are a few familiar names that I see), and so they were easily booked for the two weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  5. #1325
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    will you smoke/take a shot with your only Lebanese friend from the board?!
    I'm not a big smoker, but shot yes, of course!

  6. #1326
    Member MoSetsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm not a big smoker, but shot yes, of course!
    luckily, I have many vices.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

    Somebody shoot this fuck.

  7. #1327

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    I never said Coachella was a "movement," only that this year's lineup is bad compared to the last few years.

    This is a bit disconcerting because last year they announced the presale in like, May (one of my dudes bought his tickets for Coachella 2012 while he was still sick with a cold he caught during Coachella 2011) and I said "well, yeah, Coachella rules every year, of COURSE the lineup will be worthwhile!" and for the first time it kind of isn't. The Dr. and my dudes in SHM are really the only saviors for me, the rest is mostly boring and/or actively terrible, and I really don't think this is a matter of me being jaded or growing old or anything... it's a weak lineup, overall.

  8. #1328
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    I never said that you said Coachella was a movement. Come on, man!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  9. #1329
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Also, the line up this year slays.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  10. #1330
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,519

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    When the set times come out you'll realize that you can be busy at least from 5pm-close fri/sat/sun
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  11. #1331
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I never said that you said Coachella was a movement. Come on, man!
    I didnt say Coachella was a "movement" either. You clearly misread what I said and fixated on the word "movement" as if I meant the damn Bolsheviks or something.
    I was talking about musical movements, which are real things regardless of your misreading of the word and filling it with baggage it doesnt have.
    "Butt rock" is a movement. "Electro clash" is a movement. "Hyphy" is a movement. Etc.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

  12. #1332
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Everybody was talking about different years of the festival, and then you went into this:

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Its a natural cycle of things. Just like some years have more good record releases than others.

    Movements start, movements mature, eventually you have a boiling point where everything is amazing (2007) then things simmer down, bands exit entirely (LCD), things become reduced and more bands become derivative, things get stale, the "little brothers" start showing up and they dont care about what made the initial movements so great in the first place because they only understand the most superficial elements of those musical movements, rinse/lather/repeat.

    Happens to everything.
    When you say "everything is amazing (2007)," it seems like you are talking about the festival and not music genres. Excuse me for misreading your ambiguous moment of philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  13. #1333
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,302

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Whoa. Is HandBanana claiming that 2007 was the most amazing year of music, ever?

    CHALLENGE EXTENDED.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  14. #1334
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,378

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    I'll let HB speak for himself, but my interpretation is that 2007 was the perfect crest for various movements that had been percolating throughout the 00s. Many of the acts associated with said movements happened to play at Coachella in 2007, creating a perfect storm of relevancy and meaning. 2012 is a less buzzworthy time, hence a less exciting Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  15. #1335
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,032

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    There's a whole thread about "the movement."

  16. #1336
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Refused, Godspeed, fIREHOSE, At the Drive-In, Company Flow? Greg Ginn & the Royal We? tUnE-yArDs?
    I suppose you have a point. I guess I'm just personally less excited for these bands than for these types of bands in the past. In all reality, I guess I'm kind of overstating things because this lineup does look similar to other years. I think the lineup is about 3/4 of the way there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    They are stale to you. Coachella has always booked the same type of bands - even the exact same acts. 2011 and 2012 are not unlike 2005 and 2006, in my opinion. Coachella was never going to be something that abandoned its usual acts for things in the noise music thread. This electronica selection is weak, but that might have everything to do with a global trend and all sorts of other circumstances. I'm sure Coachella will continue to bring things like Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, and The Orb, etc... in the future (although, that would not be progressive).

    You're confusing Coachella for a movement, but it is just a thing that is delivering the same stuff that it always has.
    This is what I largely have a problem with. There's just so many acts that are totally ubiquitous on this year's lineup. I don't expect it to be a noise fest nor do I want it to be. It would just be more impressive if it wasn't filled with acts who are playing for the 3rd or more time, and who haven't played every minor regional fest that's popped up in the past few years. There's so many bands touring/released new albums lately right now they could have grabbed that have never played or haven't played in many years that I would have been ecstatic about. How about the Raincoats? How about Spiritualized (it's been 4 years and that was an acoustic set)? Saint Etienne? Primal Scream? Planningtorock? Demdike Stare? Forest Swords? Thee Oh Sees? Colin Stetson? Liturgy? Iceage? Tim Hecker? Oneohtrix Point Never? Nicholas Jaar? Kurt Vile? The Field? Caribou? Dirty Beaches? Death In Vegas? Ty Segall? And these are all just a handful of realistic selections. I'm not even going into insane wishlist territory.

    A few of those bands would be infinitely more interesting than Arctic Monkeys, M. Ward, Andrew Bird, The Hives (and I like the Hives), Black Lips, Flying Lotus, Miike Snow, bullshit bookings like the Midnight Beast and Wallpaper, etc. Like I said, I think the lineup is almost there. There are a bunch of really lower line acts like EMA, Death Grips, Wild Beasts, tUnE-yArDs, and so on. I just want to see a little more creativity in booking instead of them going to the same well over and over and over again. And yes, the Sahara fucking matters. That's 1/5 of the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  17. #1337
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I'll let HB speak for himself, but my interpretation is that 2007 was the perfect crest for various movements that had been percolating throughout the 00s. Many of the acts associated with said movements happened to play at Coachella in 2007, creating a perfect storm of relevancy and meaning. 2012 is a less buzzworthy time, hence a less exciting Coachella.
    Exactly.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

  18. #1338
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    they can only book bands that are available to play, though. who knows who was asked and declined.

  19. #1339
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,972

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they can only book bands that are available to play, though. who knows who was asked and declined.
    People forget this all too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  20. #1340
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    That's true. But the end result is what I'm judging and that's what I have to go by. They've always managed in the past to get a couple more really great acts, I'm not sure why this year is different (unless it's the 2 weekends thing, which is a disappointment). Time goes by, things change (or change by not changing), get used to it, I know, shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  21. #1341
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    And Im not saying at all that 2007 was the best year for music ever. I am saying that for this festival and its usual style of bookings it was something of a watershed year.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

  22. #1342
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,302

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  23. #1343
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,284

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Really?
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  24. #1344
    old school RageAgainstTheAoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,687

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    (Sorry for bumping this thread on Monday, everyone. Have fun with the Lebanese dude at Coachella, Courtney!)

  25. #1345
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,284

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    I will be pissed if there are reports of braless trips to the farmers market.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  26. #1346
    old school buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,527

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Everybody knows Coachella 2004 was Coachella's watershed year. If you weren't lucky enough to be there you weren't cool enough, and should kill yourself.

  27. #1347
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    I was at 04. 07 crushed it.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

  28. #1348
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    This is what I largely have a problem with. There's just so many acts that are totally ubiquitous on this year's lineup. I don't expect it to be a noise fest nor do I want it to be. It would just be more impressive if it wasn't filled with acts who are playing for the 3rd or more time, and who haven't played every minor regional fest that's popped up in the past few years. There's so many bands touring/released new albums lately right now they could have grabbed that have never played or haven't played in many years that I would have been ecstatic about. How about the Raincoats? How about Spiritualized (it's been 4 years and that was an acoustic set)? Saint Etienne? Primal Scream? Planningtorock? Demdike Stare? Forest Swords? Thee Oh Sees? Colin Stetson? Liturgy? Iceage? Tim Hecker? Oneohtrix Point Never? Nicholas Jaar? Kurt Vile? The Field? Caribou? Dirty Beaches? Death In Vegas? Ty Segall? And these are all just a handful of realistic selections. I'm not even going into insane wishlist territory.

    A few of those bands would be infinitely more interesting than Arctic Monkeys, M. Ward, Andrew Bird, The Hives (and I like the Hives), Black Lips, Flying Lotus, Miike Snow, bullshit bookings like the Midnight Beast and Wallpaper, etc. Like I said, I think the lineup is almost there. There are a bunch of really lower line acts like EMA, Death Grips, Wild Beasts, tUnE-yArDs, and so on. I just want to see a little more creativity in booking instead of them going to the same well over and over and over again. And yes, the Sahara fucking matters. That's 1/5 of the lineup.
    I think those "less-interesting" bands will always be part of the deal, though. Especially those top tier acts like Arctic Monkeys and Andrew Bird. Coachella has never appeared as though it were geared to trade those out for anything. And I'm not saying it's unreasonable for you to dislike that fact. I'm just saying that the line-up doesn't seem to necessarily indicate that they are getting lazy, non-creative, or greedy for ticket sales. I think there is just something about these bands being part of the festival. They are all part of that popular indie explosion that found a home with Coachella very well... I would have loved to see acts like Big Troubles, James Blake, Crystal Antlers, and The Field on this line-up (I was actually surprised and a little disappointed that James Blake was missing). But a lot of these lower card acts don't look familiar to me, and I'm going to see a lot of these acts for the first time. (You also have upper-mid tiered acts that are not regulars - Mazzy Star, Pulp, Squeeze, and the Weeknd are all acts I want to see.) So, I think there is some creativity in the booking, but it's creativity within the boundaries of what Coachella has always been... Also the whole thing about booking what was available. Who knows who else they asked, but the act didn't want to because of the two weekends or whatever.


    As for 2007 being the height of music movements (or bookings, or whatever)... I don't see it? I mean, I had a lot of fun that year, but it wasn't because everybody all of a sudden made great albums. After all, 2009 had Veckatimest, Bitte Orca, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, and Merriweather Post Pavilion. Is that supposed to be during a post-2007 decline?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  29. #1349
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they can only book bands that are available to play, though. who knows who was asked and declined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    People forget this all too often.
    Hear, hear.

  30. #1350
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I think those "less-interesting" bands will always be part of the deal, though. Especially those top tier acts like Arctic Monkeys and Andrew Bird. Coachella has never appeared as though it were geared to trade those out for anything. And I'm not saying it's unreasonable for you to dislike that fact. I'm just saying that the line-up doesn't seem to necessarily indicate that they are getting lazy, non-creative, or greedy for ticket sales. I think there is just something about these bands being part of the festival. They are all part of that popular indie explosion that found a home with Coachella very well... I would have loved to see acts like Big Troubles, James Blake, Crystal Antlers, and The Field on this line-up (I was actually surprised and a little disappointed that James Blake was missing). But a lot of these lower card acts don't look familiar to me, and I'm going to see a lot of these acts for the first time. (You also have upper-mid tiered acts that are not regulars - Mazzy Star, Pulp, Squeeze, and the Weeknd are all acts I want to see.) So, I think there is some creativity in the booking, but it's creativity within the boundaries of what Coachella has always been... Also the whole thing about booking what was available. Who knows who else they asked, but the act didn't want to because of the two weekends or whatever.


    As for 2007 being the height of music movements (or bookings, or whatever)... I don't see it? I mean, I had a lot of fun that year, but it wasn't because everybody all of a sudden made great albums. After all, 2009 had Veckatimest, Bitte Orca, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, and Merriweather Post Pavilion. Is that supposed to be during a post-2007 decline?
    And once again it comes back to balance. I know those kinds of acts are part of the package, I'm cool with it, but I feel like there are more of those kinds of acts this year than ever before at the expense of more interesting and newer (for the fest anyway) acts, and a lot of the more populist acts that are there are either unnecessary repeats or on the more derivative and boring side of the scale. I'm cool with light, inoffensive sounds, I love Grizzly Bear, for example, but I just look at the poster this year and go "That's the best you can do?" Even Squeeze is kind of 3rd tier when it comes to nostalgia acts compared to like Devo or Echo & The Bunnymen.

    I think I'll stop arguing this because it sounds like I hate the lineup and it's unimportant. I'm really just slightly underwhelmed and trying to verbalize why exactly it is, not really trying to prove a point. And I'm fucking bored. God. I spent two days in this goddamned thread.
    Last edited by SoulDischarge; 03-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Similar Threads

  1. Who do you miss most from Coachella 2009?
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Polls
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
  2. Who do you miss most from Coachella 2009?
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Polls
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 01:25 PM
  3. I fucking miss Coachella =[
    By Ill_Eagle in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
  4. Impossible to miss at coachella
    By Filoo in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
  5. What act would make you miss Coachella?
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •