Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1710

Thread: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

Default Re: And we miss Coachella, much like the deserts miss the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I missed last year for a lot of the same reasons you all are mentioning, it was miserable. I was so depressed all weekend. I hope to never miss it again.
    That was the same feeling I had when I missed 08 and then with in an hour of being there in 09 I told myself I never want to miss another one of these things again. Alas 4 years later I have to miss it again due to higher priorities the same weekends. Maybe the year off will make 2013 that much more amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'm glad that some of you find this line-up to be worthy. It was painful missing last year - but this year will be a breeze. James, Breakbot, Pulp would have been great, but the EDM line-up is severely lacking. Kaskade again? GirlTalk again? David Guetta again? Justice again? Morgan Page really? Axwell, Angello again? R3hab sigh... This is the best you can do Coachella? Oh well... Looks like the hardcore EDM heads will have to venture out and enjoy alot of the great bands this year. Have a great time!
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Everyone who says they are over the Coachella experience will be back at some point in the future. Every last one of you.
    I missed last year for a lot of the same reasons you all are mentioning, it was miserable. I was so depressed all weekend. I hope to never miss it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    That was the same feeling I had when I missed 08 and then with in an hour of being there in 09 I told myself I never want to miss another one of these things again. Alas 4 years later I have to miss it again due to higher priorities the same weekends. Maybe the year off will make 2013 that much more amazing.
    None of you are helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

I bet if Daft Punk were on the lineup, all of you would be going ga ga.

I admit would be ga-ga-ing a bit more if DP were on there. We'd have to suffer through Tom's total disgust though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post

The message board isnt really reflecting a good lineup this year...Seems like sarcasm is winning over actually discussing any bands.
    You need the message board to tell you it's a good or bad lineup???

Coachella Junkie

He's right. The board is generally losing its god damn mind right around now. This lineup is just acceptable.

I missed last year, too, and I was neither depressed nor broken-hearted about it, which both surprised and relieved me. I watched the live streams of the bands I was interested in, and enjoyed them. I was a bit bummed there was no Trentemoller, but saw his set here at the Belly Up, so no harm no foul.

I think a very telling moment for me was when we got back to the motel at the end of Sunday 2010, and I immediately ripped the wristband off and tossed it in the trash, without a moments hesitation. I think I'm just over spending large amounts of time and money and dealing with crowds who may or may not be genuinely interested in the music they've ostensibly come to hear. We had a good, seven year run, and I'd like to spend our precious time and money doing/seeing things we've not experienced before.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I bet if Daft Punk were on the lineup, all of you would be going ga ga.
    I personally wouldn't because Daft Punk really is not that big of a deal for me. I would see them of course but if they were conflicting with someone I would want to see more then I would go that route. But I am sure I am the rare exception of people and that holds true for 95% of the people with tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

All over Facebook I see friends saying "Well, I'm not going to Coachella this year." These aren't board members. These aren't even people that have gone to Coachella before. These are people that in years past shrugged at the idea of going to a desert for a weekend-long festival in the middle of April.

And now I'll wait for the reports of a half-empty Mojave tent during GSY!BE.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

Work conflict came up. Absolutely no way to get out of it. Just sold my pass. In spite of the questionable lineup, I thought this was the year I'd finally make it back. Getting the gorgeous welcome package on Friday made it worse.

I was hoping that we'd meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

I'm officially out. The lineup wasn't enough to my liking to warrant the trip. First time in 5 years I'm skipping it, wonder how it will feel.

Sold the ticket to a boardie though who shall remain nameless (unless he wants to reveal).

I'll miss the lot of you, have fun!

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

About once every couple weeks I look at the lineup to see if I really don't mind missing this year or am just deluding myself.
    I gotta say, this lineup still isnt worth it to me.
    It's just so bland. Mangum and GYBE are boring as milk.
    The dance stuff is shit.
    Eh.
    Maybe 2013.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

And no, Daft Punk wouldn't change that
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    About once every couple weeks I look at the lineup to see if I really don't mind missing this year or am just deluding myself.
    Same here, especially since I locked down my Pulp tickets for Radio City Music Hall. So far fIREHOSE hasn't got anything on tap east of Arizona, but I'm still hopeful. Otherwise, the bands I'd want to see at Coachella have either played here recently or will do over the next few months. The only thing I've got regrets about is that I won't see some of my friends from the forum, though I've actually gotten the chance to spend time with quite a few of you over the last year, in and around NYC and also in London. Hopefully I get good news about Primavera in the next couple of weeks and I won't feel so bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Same here, especially since I locked down my Pulp tickets for Radio City Music Hall. So far fIREHOSE hasn't got anything on tap east of Arizona, but I'm still hopeful. Otherwise, the bands I'd want to see at Coachella have either played here recently or will do over the next few months. The only thing I've got regrets about is that I won't see some of my friends from the forum, though I've actually gotten the chance to spend time with quite a few of you over the last year, in and around NYC and also in London. Hopefully I get good news about Primavera in the next couple of weeks and I won't feel so bad at all.
    The closer we get the more I feel I'm missing out, regardless of how I feel about the lineup, I still want to be there. I won't let 2013 get away though.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Yeah, can't say I disagree with the general feeling of "meh" on this year's lineup (barring a few glittering exceptions). But, for me my disappointment is a little more personal. '09 was my first all-three-days at Coachella experience and it was just so magnificent that my friends and I knew it was going to become an annual ritual. And then the impact of the recession hit hard and I got laid off twice in as many years and ended up missing '10 and '11. This year felt like a little bit of a comeback for me. In a great (and seemingly secure) job, friends doing well, same group planning finally returning to those lovely polo grounds. Plus one of my dearest friends just signed to play some sort of secondary stage (the DoLab?) -- would have been wonderful to be there to cheer her on. Anyway. First World problems.

It's just so bland. Mangum and GYBE are boring as milk.
    The dance stuff is shit.
    Eh.
    Maybe 2013.
    Only a Coachella board snob could look at this year's lineup with Radiohead, GY!BE, EITS, Mazzy Star, Jeff Mangum, Pulp, Beirut, Amon Tobin, the Horrors, and DJ Shadow and say "not worth it".

Coachella Junkie

Only a Coachella board snob could look at this year's lineup with Radiohead, GY!BE, EITS, Mazzy Star, Jeff Mangum, Pulp, Beirut, Amon Tobin, the Horrors, and DJ Shadow and say "not worth it".
    Erik if I lived in driving distance of the fest I would definitely be going. But coachella costs me close to $1000 to attend, I can't do it. Had the edm been on the same level as years past, I would be all for it.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm still bummed about having to miss shadow and not being able to see everyone. but seeing ben folds five in june will make up for missing the fest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i'm still bummed about having to miss shadow and not being able to see everyone. but seeing ben folds five in june will make up for missing the fest!!!
    Coachella without Ivysaur is NOT Coachella!

Yeah you keep bloviating on about that, like Im going to recoil in shock at the word "Snob" (a word you dont seem to understand since you're using it to defend such dry sacred hipster cows as Radiohead, Mangum and GY!BE) and tuck my tail and bolt.
    So let's take this line by line, even though I really shouldnt have to...

Radiohead — saw them on every tour through 06 including their 04 Coachella set. They have gotten stale to me. You dont need to be a snob to be bored with the tepid last decade of The Thom Yorke Project featuring Thom Yorke

GY!BE — Will be nice enough, but I simply dont care enough about them to bother. They have some interesting movements at times and might even offer some moments of real transcendence, but probably not in a 100 degree tent in the desert punctuated with the far-off thumps of Afrojack's rapejamz.

EITS — Nice, but nothing I'd travel for

Mazzy Starr — Seeing them in a 400 capacity club early April. That's probably how they are best seen.

Jeff Mangum — Made a fine record in 1998 that lots of twentysomethings have derped into canonizing. A classic case of the myth of a record being better than the record itself. You want to talk "snob"? The crowd at this set will be where that word applies best.

Pulp — Why settle for 50 minutes surrounded by twirps waiting to see X Other Band (as happened at Cocker's set in 07 with the teenage dipshits that wouldnt shut up about how they were waiting for Sonic Youth) when I can have 90 minutes at the lip of the stage at the Warfield?

Beirut — Have been great the last dozen times Ive seen them

Amon Tobin — Im good thanks. If I need to Ill catch his light show this fall

The Horrors — Love them but they are touring a good but not all that exciting record

DJ Shadow — Its not 2001 and I dont care

So again, you troll around trying to play this two ways: Youre either a "snob" that wants too much or you're an easily amused monkey that cant deal with Daft Punk not being on the lineup.
    As if there's no other conceivable reason people might want to skip out on this.
    Between 2004 and 2011 I did 8 consecutive Coachellas. This lineup is not interesting enough to me to brave what has for the last two years turned into a more expensive Lollapalooza.
    The crowd sucks, the dance card sucks, the headers are unimaginative as fuck and yes suck, and you suck for caring at all why other people arent interested inattending a festival they once hubbed their year around.

So seriously, fuck off and troll someone else. Im done with your yammering.
    Last edited by HandBanana; 03-06-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Unless I come across an extra thousand dollars soon, I'm out. Haven't been able to regain that sense of true excitement, and I just saw Radiohead and Jeff Mangum and I'll be seeing Pulp in SF and hopefully Pomona as well.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Pulp — Why settle for 50 minutes surrounded by twirps waiting to see X Other Band (as happened at Cocker's set in 07 with the teenage dipshits that wouldnt shut up about how they were waiting for Sonic Youth) when I can have 90 minutes at the lip of the stage at the Warfield?
    Agreed. Sad they have to open for the Black Keys->Swedish House Mafia shitshow. The Warfield show should be closer to two hours, though, judging from the few non-festival dates they did last year. If they do the exact same setlist they played in Sydney last year, I'll be the happiest person in the world.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Unless I come across an extra thousand dollars soon, I'm out. Haven't been able to regain that sense of true excitement, and I just saw Radiohead and Jeff Mangum and I'll be seeing Pulp in SF and hopefully Pomona as well.
    This was partly my thinking as well. In addition to Pulp and a few other bands in NYC, I saw the Horrors and Jeff Mangum at ATP not too long ago. I was right up front for the Horrors, who played a full set. And Mangum was so good in that theater, I didn't see any of his shows in Brooklyn because I didn't want to disturb the memory in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Yeah you keep bloviating on about that, like Im going to recoil in shock at the word "Snob" (a word you dont seem to understand since you're using it to defend such dry sacred hipster cows as Radiohead, Mangum and GY!BE) and tuck my tail and bolt.
    So let's take this line by line, even though I really shouldnt have to...

Radiohead saw them on every tour through 06 including their 04 Coachella set. They have gotten stale to me. You dont need to be a snob to be bored with the tepid last decade of The Thom Yorke Project featuring Thom Yorke

GY!BE Will be nice enough, but I simply dont care enough about them to bother. They have some interesting movements at times and might even offer some moments of real transcendence, but probably not in a 100 degree tent in the desert punctuated with the far-off thumps of Afrojack's rapejamz.

EITS Nice, but nothing I'd travel for

Mazzy Starr Seeing them in a 400 capacity club early April. That's probably how they are best seen.

Jeff Mangum Made a fine record in 1998 that lots of twentysomethings have derped into canonizing. A classic case of the myth of a record being better than the record itself. You want to talk "snob"? The crowd at this set will be where that word applies best.

Pulp Why settle for 50 minutes surrounded by twirps waiting to see X Other Band (as happened at Cocker's set in 07 with the teenage dipshits that wouldnt shut up about how they were waiting for Sonic Youth) when I can have 90 minutes at the lip of the stage at the Warfield?

Beirut Have been great the last dozen times Ive seen them

Amon Tobin Im good thanks. If I need to Ill catch his light show this fall

The Horrors Love them but they are touring a good but not all that exciting record

DJ Shadow Its not 2001 and I dont care

So again, you troll around trying to play this two ways: Youre either a "snob" that wants too much or you're an easily amused monkey that cant deal with Daft Punk not being on the lineup.
    As if there's no other conceivable reason people might want to skip out on this.
    Between 2004 and 2011 I did 8 consecutive Coachellas. This lineup is not interesting enough to me to brave what has for the last two years turned into a more expensive Lollapalooza.
    The crowd sucks, the dance card sucks, the headers are unimaginative as fuck and yes suck, and you suck for caring at all why other people arent interested inattending a festival they once hubbed their year around.

Ok, so you live in/near a big city and have been to a lot of shows in your life. That doesn't mean this lineup sucks.

I agree that Menik's need to defend Coachella can become nauseating, but your opinions and yammering are just as hard to read.

Seriously. Many people need to realize that just because THEY have seen an artist a few times, and will have the chance to see those artists again, that doesn't mean this is an unimaginative lineup. It just means you go to a lot of fucking shows and live in or near a city that allows you to see a lot of great acts. Many of us travel to Coachella from places that don't get these artists, so this is the one time a year when we can see them.

If the Afghan Whigs come in 2013, you better be there though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Seriously. Many people need to realize that just because THEY have seen an artist a few times, and will have the chance to see those artists again, that doesn't mean this is an unimaginative lineup. It just means you go to a lot of fucking shows and live in or near a city that allows you to see a lot of great acts. Many of us travel to Coachella from places that don't get these artists, so this is the one time a year when we can see them.
    I'm in the same boat. Although, I do live in a bigger city than you, work/kid schedules prevent me from seeing a lot of shows. Coachella is my chance throughout the year to see many of the artists that I may have missed.