Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIP Area Questions

Default Re: VIP Area Questions

That's true...those have been a newer addition to the festival grounds, right? Like newer in the past couple years? I remember seeing them last year and being excited. I redact my previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

VIP today = Corralled in a shady area toward the far side of the main stage.

VIP in 99 = Looking down on Morrissey and the whole fonzie crowd from above the stage.

They didn't secure the VIP area very well last year because me and my friends kept walking in thinking it was the general area. It's nothing special. It's cleaner (no cans and shit all over the floor), plush grass, different drinks, and lots of people who think they're hot shit lounging around. Didn't see anything too great about it.

My buddy hooked me up with a vip pass for Sunday last year and I didn't see why anyone would ever pay for it. no booze or food included, basically some nice places to chill that aren't as crowded and a separate entrance.

the one perk was watching my friend who was blacked out give vulgar cat calls to Katy perry. that was a priceless moment.
    Jay Electronica 2011

Weezy's got it right about VIP. The no-wait bathrooms at the rose garden are pretty key if you're at the sahara all day, but aside from some more shade and a little more breathing room (most of the time), there really isn't much going on for you if you are actually there to catch shows.

kind of ticked off I had to buy a VIP pass this year because I didn't do pre sale for GA. I think its the only festival in which VIP get you basically jack shit. FUCK! I'll be throwing 400 bucks down the drain again this year. Not even like 3 fucking drink tickets golden voice??? its seriously wrong. On top of that, the new retarded Saharah tent blocks any decent views now from the rose garden area. This is exactly what I fucking hate about the whole southern cal/LA bullshit celebrity attitude shit. A big ..|.. to you assfucks ar goldenvoice. They will obviously never show ant appreciation for people who want to to pay that much except give them some dumb memorabilia cigar box made in China for 50 cents. DICKS! lolla for the same price gets you a better lineup(ok, arguable), free food, free booz. DICKS!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    kind of ticked off I had to buy a VIP pass this year because I didn't do pre sale for GA. I think its the only festival in which VIP get you basically jack shit. FUCK! I'll be throwing 400 bucks down the drain again this year. Not even like 3 fucking drink tickets golden voice??? its seriously wrong. On top of that, the new retarded Saharah tent blocks any decent views now from the rose garden area. This is exactly what I fucking hate about the whole southern cal/LA bullshit celebrity attitude shit. A big ..|.. to you assfucks ar goldenvoice. They will obviously never show ant appreciation for people who want to to pay that much except give them some dumb memorabilia cigar box made in China for 50 cents. DICKS! lolla for the same price gets you a better lineup(ok, arguable), free food, free booz. DICKS!
    hey I know this person wanted to trade my VIP weekend 1 for their GA weekend 1 + $425
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/membe...139268-Napztwf
    go ahead and message them asking if they want to trade still
    2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Yet you still paid, you celeb attitude, jack shit, dick, retarded assfuck. You lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGoulet View Post
    I didn't see why anyone would ever pay for it. no booze or food included, basically some nice places to chill that aren't as crowded and a separate entrance.
    yes, those nice places to chill and the separate entrance & separate parking are why I've paid for it the last few years. Also, because I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

"had to"
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Yet you still paid, you celeb attitude, jack shit, dick, retarded assfuck. You lose.

Yes! you are truly correct and I take no offense Willy Wonka.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    yes, those nice places to chill and the separate entrance & separate parking are why I've paid for it the last few years. Also, because I can.
    because you can, I guess everyone values they're $ a little different when it comes to spending it on things. Goldenvoice doesn't make you feel any more of a very important person...which is exactly what VIP means imo.

Sure, you save 20-30 minutes tops getting through security. Big deal, the festival last like hours.
    A place to chill...I guess there might be more shaded spots, but the open grounds have enough shade structure, no?
    same price for food and beer? DICKS, once again. they are fucking insulting people who buy these passes while other fests will give free/ or limited number of drinks.

The only people who justify the bullshit VIP scam are people who have plenty of disposible income. sickening. F yuo goldenvoice, give VIPers a little more and stop being greedy.

because you can, I guess everyone values they're $ a little different when it comes to spending it on things. Goldenvoice doesn't make you feel any more of a very important person...which is exactly what VIP means imo.

Sure, you save 20-30 minutes tops getting through security. Big deal, the festival last like hours.
    A place to chill...I guess there might be more shaded spots, but the open grounds have enough shade structure, no?
    same price for food and beer? DICKS, once again. they are fucking insulting people who buy these passes while other fests will give free/ or limited number of drinks.

The only people who justify the bullshit VIP scam are people who have plenty of disposible income. sickening. F yuo goldenvoice, give VIPers a little more and stop being greedy.
    Of all the injustices in the world, this is the one you want to champion? The expected privileges of a Coachella VIP pass?

No offense, but, eat a dick...

You sound.. envious.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

this is the best thing i have seen all day. I guess it lasts LIKE hours, if you count being open for 13 hours being like lasting for hours. Why are you complaning? why not buy a GA ticket off someone for 200 bucks less than what you spent?

If you have to pay for VIP how VI are you really? A true VIP has better access than the VIP band.

justSteve.

your definitely right about this to a certain extent. Sadly, music shouldnt be about this and there should be no VIPs, but this is an amature fest. Perhaps Coachella should be more responsible and rename those passes to let say "upgraded GA" or "GA plus"??

bottom line is that Coachella's "vip" experience includes a lot less then certain other festival like lollapalooza where you get food/drink, cart rides, closer to the stage viewing areas. I can't rememb

I can't rememb
    Or spell. Or construct coherent sentences.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

justSteve.

your definitely right about this to a certain extent. Sadly, music shouldnt be about this and there should be no VIPs, but this is an amature fest.
    Amature fest?

Perhaps Coachella should be more responsible and rename those passes to let say "upgraded GA" or "GA plus"??
    Maybe, but that would be a hard sell.

bottom line is that Coachella's "vip" experience includes a lot less then certain other festival like lollapalooza where you get food/drink, cart rides, closer to the stage viewing areas. I can't rememb
    Looks like lolla's VIP is similar to Coachella's but with a few drinks thrown in. Who cares about $30 worth of drinks anyway when you're paying that much for VIP? You need to go "Platinum" for the cart rides. Coachella includes those in some of the camping options I believe.

http://www.lollapalooza.com/vip-platinum/
    2012 W1 / 2013 W1 / 2014 W1

justSteve.

your definitely right about this to a certain extent. Sadly, music shouldnt be about this and there should be no VIPs, but this is an amature fest. Perhaps Coachella should be more responsible and rename those passes to let say "upgraded GA" or "GA plus"??

Why not just sell your tickets and attend another festival? You sound very unhappy and unsatisfied. Why would you force feed yourself this poor experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I spend mad money on drinks at a festival because I drink. So it would save me like 2-3 bucks easy.

maybe I should sell it, thanks.

Coachella VIP tickets are also $250 cheaper.

Lolla VIP pass - $1,050 pp
    Access to Lolla lounge
    Access to golf cart shuttles
    Viewing platforms
    Beer/wine
    Catered food
    Mini spa
    Air conditioned flushing bathrooms
    Shade

Platinum Pass - $3,600 pp
    Air conditioned platinum only viewing area
    Access to golf cart shuttles
    Platinum viewing platforms
    Complimentary bar
    Catered food
    Mini spa
    Air conditioned flushing bathrooms
    Shade
    Access to Artist Lounge areas

Hey captCrazry, good homework! Ok, so I guess I'm very wrong about the situation now. I thought lolla was the same, now I'm not as upset...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Think about it this way... people with VIP wristbands have them because to them, the extra $300 is a non-issue (i.e. people with cash). That and the other 1/2 of the crowd are entertainment industry folks.

That said, you do see some interesting characters inside the VIP area of Coachella. If the opportunity is there to have VIP wristbands, it's a no brainer.

If funds are running low and the difference between having and not having VIP is a nice(r) hotel room, I'd go with the hotel. Not having VIP doesn't cheapen the experience. Coachella is ultimately still about the music, and people who only hang out in VIP the whole time are chodes.

Here are the real "perks" of VIP:

1) cleaner bathrooms.
    2) shorter lines for alcohol and it's a full bar.
    3) high powered mister fans (which are super clutch on those triple digit days).
    4) a higher % of quality ass (i.e. a high concentration of super hot chicks).
    5) faster entrance into the festival.
    6) generally less crowded.
    7) couches, which come in handy if you're tired.
    This pretty much covers it. The other thing (which I understand the rationale but still find annoying), is you can't drink outside of the bar areas. From VIP near MainStage you can still have a drink and have a decent view of the stage. Oh and the air-conditioned cocktail bar is great if you want to step away from the heat for a bit.

What have they done to the Sahara Tent to prevent you from seeing it from the Rose Garden?

Also, Spicy Pie is in VIP. This is very important.
    Dec: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Skillz, The Roots, Jack Johnson
    Jan: Field Day, Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, Medlar, Jacques Renault, Avicii
    Feb: St Jerome's Laneway Festival
    Apr: Coachella Arts & Music Festival
    Jul: Peanut Butter Wolf, Mako
    Sep: Kanye West, Listen Out Festival

justSteve.

Personally, I don't think the VIP is worth it and If I were you I would just sell it, buy a GA and now you have several hundred dollars to buy drinks with all weekend....problem solved.

we got vip for the first time this year. Been all years but last year missed some bands because of the I hour long line to get in so this year trying vip and hoping for an entrance with no waiting, so if there is no advantage we will not pay for it again! We spend most time at the stages not in the beer tent but last year we could not get into the beer tent easily because of the long lines. We will see if the extra $$$ is worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    we got vip for the first time this year. Been all years but last year missed some bands because of the I hour long line to get in so this year trying vip and hoping for an entrance with no waiting, so if there is no advantage we will not pay for it again! We spend most time at the stages not in the beer tent but last year we could not get into the beer tent easily because of the long lines. We will see if the extra $$$ is worth it!
    We did the VIP last year because of the pain in the ass wait in 2 security checks when you get off the shuttle (yes, I know some didn't have the wait, but we did.) and it was so worth every penny. Parked, walked right through the very polite security and in the venue all 2 days. Doing it again this year and with the pre-sale it's easy.

The lines for the regular beer gardens were out of control! I think during coldchella some years ago I was able to buy drinks without and wait, but last year was so over crowded. The VIP had its perks. But be prepared to miss a couple more bands because you'll get used to setting up shop in there and drinking

If we take the shuttle and have vip wristbands is there still a separate entrance ? Or do we have to drive and get vip parking? I thought there was a walk in entrance last year for vip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    We did the VIP last year because of the pain in the ass wait in 2 security checks when you get off the shuttle (yes, I know some didn't have the wait, but we did.) and it was so worth every penny. Parked, walked right through the very polite security and in the venue all 2 days. Doing it again this year and with the pre-sale it's easy.
    yup.