Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Caifanes!

Default Re: Caifanes!

that is exactly my thought

I'm thinking this is the biggest act GV has ever booked. They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference. The only bands I've seen or can think about that sell out stadiums are U2, Floyd, Beatles and the Stones. And this being an almost 15 reunion is big. And the potential audience is not just from Mexico, but Spanish language countries in general: Brazil, Spain, Argentina, East LA etc. We won't know until the show, but they could potentially attract at huge crowd.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    I'm thinking this is the biggest act GV has ever booked. They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference. The only bands I've seen or can think about that sell out stadiums are U2, Floyd, Beatles and the Stones. And this being an almost 15 reunion is big. And the potential audience is not just from Mexico, but Spanish language countries in general: Brazil, Spain, Argentina, East LA etc. We won't know until the show, but they could potentially attract at huge crowd.
    Why are they billed lower than KOL/BKs/CBs/Interpol on Friday?
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 01-28-2011 at 12:11 AM.

So... these are the guys responsible for 90% of my friends going bananas because they can't get tickets?
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    It's because though they are big amongst the Mexican community, that Mexican community is not going to show up like some think they will.

They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference.

But when Prince and Roger Waters tour they charge $150+ dlls per ticket while Caifanes used to sell tix for about $150 pesos (about 11 dlls today). A huge difference.

Not to underestimate them, they're my favorite act from Friday... I never thought I was going to be able to see them. The comparison is just a little off.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by TheScenestar View Post
    This is becoming my number one anticipated songs of the weekend. Couldn't tell you a thing about Caifanes before the chatter began on the board. i didn't realize i had heard some of their songs here and there in my life until this recent looking into made me go "Wait. i heard this before." Hopefully i can learn enough to sing along.

Wow, this is is bringing back some nice memories...

"Yesterday I was told by a bird to fly until I disintegrate

that distance is not weakness, it is strength, it is you.

To pull the air out of my eyes, to embrace the fear with your dreams,

to be a blood warrior so no one will harm you"

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    It's because though they are big amongst the Mexican community, that Mexican community is not going to show up like some think they will.
    That, and it's worth pointing out that there's many international/American acts that play shows in Mexico and Latin/South America at venues much larger than almost anywhere else in the world they would play.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    But when Prince and Roger Waters tour they charge $150+ dlls per ticket while Caifanes used to sell tix for about $150 pesos (about 11 dlls today). A huge difference.

Not to underestimate them, they're my favorite act from Friday... I never thought I was going to be able to see them. The comparison is just a little off.

even Coldplay plays in stadiums
    nice try

Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNOW View Post
    nice try
    I don't get you sarcasm. Perhaps you quoted the wrong post.

yes

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Ok. I like El Silencio and the self-titled.
    Which one next?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

el diablito is when they create the sound that is caifanes and el nervio is them at pro status.

Nice. Thx
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

Wow, this is is bringing back some nice memories...

"Yesterday I was told by a bird to fly until I disintegrate

that distance is not weakness, it is strength, it is you.

To pull the air out of my eyes, to embrace the fear with your dreams,

to be a blood warrior so no one will harm you"

There are too many favorite songs for me BUT this song is one of my favorite's favorite (you know what I mean). The lyrics are just so good.plus the guitar just gives me goosebumps.
    Last edited by superkindskunk; 01-28-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Good point, but Waters tickets were only $80 and this is in 2010 $$ I saw Prince in the 90s for about $45. Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    That, and it's worth pointing out that there's many international/American acts that play shows in Mexico and Latin/South America at venues much larger than almost anywhere else in the world they would play.
    Another good point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNOW View Post
    nice try
    Not really. They play Amphitheaters, which usually hold less than 20,000. Not that they have never played a stadium, but it's not their usual gig.

See http://www.spin.com/articles/coldplay-announce-us-tour

And it's not that I think this is why the festival sold out. It usually sells out. People were just able to buy tickets on layaway so it sold out earlier this year. People are overlooking the obvious.

Anyways, I think the crowd at this show will be more entertaining than the band or at least just as much. Very rowdy and into it!

We'll see on Friday y'allz what theory is right. For now, I still believe the Caifanes reunion played a part in helping sales go faster this year. That or Lil' B fans got some mad $ on it!
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

There is a god. Caifanes is clearly the best thing happening@ the fest. Can't wait!!!

Paisachella
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    This made me laugh so hard... I'm a bad person.

Wat is paisa mean?

paisano is when you are from the same pais which means land or country.so if you are from the same land or country as another person then that person would be your paisano.paisa is short for paisano.

Ah like in Italian. Thought it mighta been that.

I really enjoy when my bro plays his guitar and we both sing "Perdi mi Ojo De Venado" from Caifanes
    which means "I Lost My Deer Eye". Memories in the making that is for sure.

Are most of you Caifanes fans fluent in spanish? I am trying to get into their music but I feel like I would appreciate it more if I could translate more then the title..

Quote Originally Posted by Desaparecidos View Post
    Are most of you Caifanes fans fluent in spanish? I am trying to get into their music but I feel like I would appreciate it more if I could translate more then the title..
    Yes, Spanish is my first language. And the same happened with me and Yelle.
    Last edited by Karilo13; 02-07-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

I was one of those kids that grew up in the United States but both my parents were born in Mexico. Spanish was my first language, so yes I am a fluent speaker.
    You see, my parents would take my bro and I to Mexico to visit family every spring vacation,summer vacation,and Christmas vacation. My friends down in Mexico would listen to Caifanes and I was introduced to their music when I was about 9 years old.
    I guess what I am trying to say is the Caifanes is a whole package for me. Not only are they one of my all time favorite bands because of the music, lyrics and the feelings I get when I listen to them. But that they also just remind me of going to Mexico and chilling with cool ass people that don't care what you are wearing,what car you are driving or where you are from. It was all about listening to cool ass tunes.Viva el Rock En Espanol!

Banned

Totally understand. I see your dilemma. Its like that with a lot of international musicians. Sometimes you just listen to the voice and how it carries with the music. I think of Manu Chao. I would love to know what he's talking about in portuguese but then it's just awesome to hear the language.